Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Ugh, I loved this weeks episode. It was so so good.

The scenes between Amber and Sarah/Sarah and Camille especially got to me, Lauren was incredible in them but more than that, they were just so real! I was so glad that they addressed the situation where Sarah kept saying that her life/marriage etc was a mistake - I knew that must have been having an effect on the kids even although they didn't admit it.

I thought in the scene in the yard that Damien was going to start hitting on Sarah for a second! I'm so glad that didn't happen! And he was such a douche! Marooder!! I'm glad Amber threw that one back! (I LOVED Ambers dress and her glasses in that scene - awesome!)

The scene with Lauren and Bonnie just killed me - it was a moment I could hugely identify with, I felt pretty exposed watching it but they were both so good, I loved Camille wiping Sarah's eyes.

I too wasn't overly taken with the whole Sydney storyline but I guess it's now set that "gifted" foundation for future episodes - there's something to rub in Racquel's face!

Crosby at the end had me in tears again! Man, this show kills me! I'm so happy for another season! I hated Jasmine at the start of the ep in the store but she kinda won me over by the end.

Oh Zeek. He's hilarious but he must be such an abrasive character to live with, when Adam commented that he was like a child he was so right! I mean, it's obvious that he ADORES his family but he just doesn't seem to be able to self-edit at all which is prob not in their best interest - I felt so badly for Camille in those last scenes together, her face said so much!

Kristina and the lotion and the feeling good that Sydney maybe had a problem too?! She's so funny! And Max snuggling up with them so sleepy looking was adorable!

Conclusions! I loved this ep, the whole thing. Lauren was outstanding in it - those big blue watery eyes?! Oh! And where she started banging her head off the door frame?! Hopefully this was a kinda turn-around for her and Amber
Old 04-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

FYI the closing song is Wait by Alexi Murdoch.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Man... it's so good!!!!!

"Amber's from a broken home. Do you know what that means? She doesn't know a serious relationship from a sandwich yet" and she's quoting Jonathan Livingston Seagull - I freaking LOVE Sarah!!!

Man, I can't get enough of this show!

I love Amber too - ohmigod, I'm so squeetastic today!

ETA - Bonnie is phenomenal and Peter at the end *dies* "Do you know how much we love you?" "As much as I love beetles" sooo adorable!!!

OK, I'm bummed now I was on the nbc site and there is a video called "Bringing Parenthood Home" it's about the set design & I don't think I've seen it before but dumb restrictions won't let me watch it even though I can watch full eps on there?! What the? Anyway, have we seen that already? Or is it a new thing - I'm in love with the house it's so shabby chic! I loved the Bird pillow Amber had on her bed in The Situation and then this week I fell head over heels for the cushion on Sarah's bed when she is reading at the end, with the raggy dolls on it! It's sooo gorgeous!

If anybody can watch & tall me what's on it/grab it i'd really appreciate it Thanks!

Parenthood - Bringing Parenthood Home - Video - NBC.com

Last edited by Claireem86; 04-21-2010 at 03:37 AM
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here is the full music list for this episode

Baby Boomer Monsters of Folk
Gimmie Some Salt Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Sausalito Conor Oberst
100 Yard Dash Raphael Saadiq
Hustle Tuung
Out Go The Lights Spoon
Wait Alexi Murdoch
Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm in love with the house it's so shabby chic! I loved the Bird pillow Amber had on her bed in The Situation and then this week I fell head over heels for the cushion on Sarah's bed when she is reading at the end, with the raggy dolls on it! It's sooo gorgeous!
Wow, how do you notice all this stuff? I don't pay attention to any of that.

ETA: Cee, I watched the "Bringing Parenthood Home" video that you gave a link for and I was like, I know I've seen this before. Then I realized that it was a commercial during last night's episode for Lowe's Home Improvement.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm in love with the house it's so shabby chic! I loved the Bird pillow Amber had on her bed in The Situation and then this week I fell head over heels for the cushion on Sarah's bed when she is reading at the end, with the raggy dolls on it! It's sooo gorgeous!
At the end (When Amber talks to her?) isn't she sitting on the couch, the one she made out with Jim on?

Quote:
I miss a lot to until I re watch while doing the TS, pick up so much then!

BTW I have a nice collection of PH music now, with more than 40 songs
Old 04-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
At the end (When Amber talks to her?) isn't she sitting on the couch, the one she made out with Jim on?
Yeah, but I think it's a sofa bed - she has like, bed pillows propped behind her and a blanket over her so I got the impression she was on a pull out bed in there. I guess there isn't a real bed in there otherwise she would have been in it with Jim!

Quote:

ETA: Cee, I watched the "Bringing Parenthood Home" video that you gave a link for and I was like, I know I've seen this before. Then I realized that it was a commercial during last night's episode for Lowe's Home Improvement.
I'm a total nester - I'm always looking for things to go in my flat Also, my dad and I want to open a small hotel and I already have like a scrapbook full of interior ideas, I'm so into all that stuff

Haha! Is it good? Or dull - I hate that I can watch some things and not others Stupid ash cloud. *yup - it gets the blame for everything!*
Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, but I think it's a sofa bed - she has like, bed pillows propped behind her and a blanket over her so I got the impression she was on a pull out bed in there. I guess there isn't a real bed in there otherwise she would have been in it with Jim!
You might be right, you can just make out her feet, blurry (out of focus) in the corner of the screen under a blanket.

So again why the need for Sarah and Amber to share a bed early on in the series when there is a perfectly good sofa bed in the guest house?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

So Nadine says that the show got great ratings last night!! 5.1/8 in the overnights!! The highest since the premiere (even more than the premiere?! Can't remember!)

I read somewhere as well that it got 11.1 million viewers but I haven't seen anything official so I don't know. That is AWESOME though! I'm so happy for the show!!!

Wednesday 4/21/10 - Topic Powered by Social Strata

Thanks for the link Nadine!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't really get the 5.1/8 thing. That 5.1 seems like maybe it's on different scale than what we are used to looking at when we see 2.6 or so? It'll be interesting to see what TVbytheNumbers comes up with.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
I don't really get the 5.1/8 thing. That 5.1 seems like maybe it's on different scale than what we are used to looking at when we see 2.6 or so? It'll be interesting to see what TVbytheNumbers comes up with.
I know - I thought it was a huge jump I have literally no clue how to read these Here's hoping it's done well anyway!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Review from TVSquad

Quote:
On the girls' side of the family, we had a really nice conversation between Sarah and Camille. Sarah went to her mom broken up about how things were going with Amber, and her mom said just the right thing: "You're the brave one. You took risks. You always took a chance. You declared your independence early on and you went for it. You have to honor that person that you are, because I do." Someone needs to make a poster out of that, because it's just beautiful. It also shows that no matter how old a person gets, it's never too old to get some wise advice from their parent.
This is so touching and beautiful!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
NBC's freshly renewed family drama series "Parenthood" grew once again in the ratings, scoring its best number since its premiere. With CBS in repeats, "Parenthood" (7.2 million viewers, 2.9 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) easily won the 10 p.m. hour, building on recent ratings gains.
'Glee' rocks Tuesday, 'Parenthood' rises -- The Live Feed | THR

Woooop!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
7.2 million viewers, 2.9 preliminary adults 18-49 rating
Now those are numbers I can relate to. Wonderful news! So happy for this show and everyone involved!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh boy. this episode was so good.

My things was the scenes with Camille/Sara. god that was so real, and intense and so well played by both. it made me cry. and i also loved the sara/amber scenes they made some sort progress this week which was very good.

Jabbars birthday party was nice! I`m glad Jasmin told her family the thruth. it was the right thing to do. I have a feeling that something will happen between Jasim and Crosby..?

LOVED that they used a Alexi Murdoch song in this episode. he is amazing.

Max crawling up in adam and krisitnas bed was so cute.

Zeek and Adams road trip was nice, I wonder what Adam wiill do with this buliding. I feel that he will feel forced to buy it..

Loved the last scene with Amber and Sara when Amber had told Damien to leave.

yay about the ratings!