Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
I'll try not to. And I'm buying a helmet this year. Better safe than sorry.
Thank God I never want to say that to people cos it seems too OTT but I always think "Oh, I hope they wear a helmet!" So yup. wear it proudly Vale!!!! And have fun!!!

(OMG - I just realised i'm SOO Elizabeth from TAM "Have fun, be careful! Have fun!!!" I'm always paranoid people are gonna hurt themselves, it's so weird!!! )

Quote:
Haha, fair enough. Here's one for Cee; he's dressed up in what he thinks is his cool Scotland attire.
OK - Still hot. I'm gonna throw it out there and say even hotter than before He was studying over here right?! God how I wish i'd been on this board at that time How old is h anyway Claire- I don't think he's too old for Denise, isn't he younger than you?!

OK, I'll stop i;m creeping myself out I'm sorry

Michelle Scary for Detroit - I don't mind waiting at security as long as it prevents these things but last year I had a huge bottle of nail polish remover in my hand luggage and nobody took it off me! Not at Glasgow. London or JFK!!! Insane!

Quote:
I just watched a documentary about ofsprings of British Royal Family. I´ve always found it fastinating.lol
Really?! I find them quite annoying although I do think Prince Harry is my kinda guy They're all so odd! I just don't get it
Old 12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
last year I had a huge bottle of nail polish remover in my hand luggage and nobody took it off me! Not at Glasgow. London or JFK!!! Insane!
When I took my trip to Europe, a lot of people bought Swiss Army knives and one guy forgot to put his in his checked luggage, he got through Italy with it, but they found it in Germany before we made our way home. We were all like, how did Italy let him take a knife! Hahaha. Poor guy had to trash it, though

Aaanyway. Have fun, be safe, Val!

ETA:

Val - Metaphors ARE important! Hee! Just got your card And Katka's too! And Kathrin and Cee's a couple days ago... dunno if I mentioned those. THanks, loves!

Last edited by LG rocks my socks; 12-27-2009 at 11:51 AM
Old 12-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

So - I have the tv on and ABC News is reporting that a plane landing in Detroit from Amsterdam 2 hours ago (with the same flight number as Friday's) requested an emergency landing and a man was arrested and removed from the flight. Wow!

Aaaand - looking at Cee's pictures on facebook has provided me at least 15 minutes of pure entertainment this afternoon. Fun!!!

P.S. - Shannon you just reminded me I really need to check my mail from this weekend.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Extreme Fan

That's insane about the filght!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Aaaand - looking at Cee's pictures on facebook has provided me at least 15 minutes of pure entertainment this afternoon. Fun!!!
Haha! Glad to be of entertainment!!! If you have any questions just ask many of them have stories behind them Did you have a fave one?!

*goes to look at Michelle's pics *
Old 12-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireem86 (View Post)
Haha! Glad to be of entertainment!!! If you have any questions just ask many of them have stories behind them Did you have a fave one?!

*goes to look at Michelle's pics *
Mine will be nowhere near as interesting, I'm afraid. And SO many questions lol. Where do I even begin?!?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So - I have the tv on and ABC News is reporting that a plane landing in Detroit from Amsterdam 2 hours ago (with the same flight number as Friday's) requested an emergency landing and a man was arrested and removed from the flight. Wow!
Really? It's so scary! Again from Amsterdam? Geez!

I just think it's weird, cause when I went to New York I had to go through about 4 security points. On all the flights I took from Amsterdam there were always people who had to throw bottles away (which were in their hand luggage) so I always thought security there was pretty good. When we got back from Curacao we even had to go through a HUGE security check. That's because there's lots of drugs coming from Curacao to Holland. But still. When we got off the plane the first thing we saw where drugs dogs (which scared the hell out of me, cause I didn't expect it ) and even more securities.
So from my experience Schiphol's security was always kind of good. That's why I wonder how all of this could happen..

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Denise, from the preliminary reports it doesn't look like he had anything illegal - at least that they've confirmed yet. Apparently, he was from Nigeria as well (like the passenger from Friday) and he was verbally disruptive. The flight attendant reported him to the pilot who requested emergency assistance. It looks like he had locked himself in the bathroom when they went to arrest him. Our local news is showing all the police cars, fire trucks, etc surrounding the plane. Bedlam.

Cee! I thought of a question. You were in LA to do something with dance? How fun! When was that? What was the scoop?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Michelle, it was actually just on the news here. I do find it odd that he locked himself in the bathroom.

I wanna go shopping so badly!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Cee! I thought of a question. You were in LA to do something with dance? How fun! When was that? What was the scoop?
I'm sure I've mentioned here before that I used to dance? Well I did it really seriously and competed and stuff (I only stopped when I was 22 ) but in '04, '05 and '06 I went to a competition/festival thing in LA with my teacher and some girls from my school - it's an international competition held anually at easter in LA. It's invitation only from examiners so it's quite cool to be able to go anyway - we were the Scottish team! It was a week of dance classes with top choreographers and other performance coaches etc we did a performance and the parade at Disneyland and we had our massive competition in the Santa Monica conference centre

We kept getting invited back and then at around Christmas '05 The Young Americans (I don't know i anyone has heard of them ) conacted me and invited me to audition to join their touring company - so someone came over to Scotland and I go through the audition and the next one in London then I had the final one in LA and there were 50 of us there but I didn't get through that one - they only took 3 people 3 Austrlian girls from the directors old school. Not that i'm bitter It was a GREAT experience and I had to sing and dance and work with kids! I loved t but que sera! I believe in fate

Anyway - I continued dancing an teaching here when I got back then I had an accident and tore my achilles tendon so I obv couldn't walk for ages and it still swells if I walk/stand too long so I stopped last year. I'm now thinking about finding something to go back to though lol!

OK - This is the only performance pic I can find I think everything else must be on my parents comp It's the group pef not my solo one but i'm in the back left - curse of being tall you're always at the back ofthe group!!!

Sorry for such a long response!! I've not thought abot it for ages!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I knew you had danced but . . . Wow! So impressive!!! That's wonderful you had so many good experiences and got to travel - that's a huge deal. Sorry you didn't get into the Young Americans (*giggles at their name though *) - it sounds like you went very far in the auditions! Awww, and bummer about the Achilles tendon.

Thanks for sharing all of that - love the picture so much!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

I knew you used to dance but I never heard the entire story. It's so freakin' cool! Do you have some kind of video of you dancing? I would love to see you actually dance, cause from your stories it sounds like you are really good!
I hope you find a way to start dancing again without your achilles tendon swelling up!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Do you have some kind of video of you dancing? I would love to see you actually dance, cause from your stories it sounds like you are really good!
I only have really old VHS things - but i'm talking from when I was like 15 so they're rubbish!! I'm sure my teacher must have some cos she used to do video analysis when she was teaching.

I will try to get some and post it

We did a GORGEOUS group lyrical routine to a Deacon Blue song once - I really wish I had that - and one to The Gods Love Nubia from Aida -such beautiful dances haha!

I'm on Skype to some girls from Lauren-online who do't post here - funniest conversations ever going on I had them on Mute when my sis came intot the room and she was saying the most inappropriat stuff not knowing they could all hear!!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We did a GORGEOUS group lyrical routine to a Deacon Blue song once - I really wish I had that - and one to The Gods Love Nubia from Aida -such beautiful dances haha!
Aida It was the first musical I ever saw, so it has a special place in my heart lol. If you ever get some videos, please post.

Quote:
I'm on Skype to some girls from Lauren-online who do't post here - funniest conversations ever going on I had them on Mute when my sis came intot the room and she was saying the most inappropriat stuff not knowing they could all hear!!!!
always fun! I just downloaded skype again this afternoon. Not that I ever use it though.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
If you ever get some videos, please post.
always fun! I just downloaded skype again this afternoon. Not that I ever use it though.
Yeah I wil - I'll talk to one of the girls I used to teach with and see what she has

You have Skype too?! We should s get a group together and have a big chat sometime!!! There are five of us speaking just now and it's too funny!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Cee - Have you seen the SNL skit with Justin Timberlake as Beyonce's back-up dancer? Because all I kept thinking while I was reading that was, "I'm a daaancer. Daance biiscuits." Hahaha. Annyway

I've only Skyped once in my life, lol. And it was so I could watch Lauren on Jimmy Fallon. Hahaha