Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Are we putting like little artworks/or flags/things to represent each country on the "beginning page of each section?"

I remember us talking about it before, but it would kind of be hard for me to get all this stuff in the US, or I don't know ..just thinking.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

A few years ago some soccer fans did a book for Shannon MacMillan when she was recovering from an ACL tear. One person coordinated and everyone sent a whole page that could just be put right into the book (it was predetermined what size book was being used). That seems like it could be an option for here. It could even be as simple as everyone contributing an 8.5 x 11 sheet that they've created already in a plastic sleeve then someone picking up a binder when they've gotten all the contributions so that they fit nicely. It leaves room for both creativity and simpleness. If you still want to put a postcard, that would be fine too. They make cute envelopes that you can slip things in for scrapbooking or just use the corner mounts so that you can take it out and easily put it back in.

Just a thought.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&L shipper
I was thinking last night after I wrote about the scrapbook, that we could maybe use a book that is halfway between a photobook and a scrapbook. Like one of those books that is larger than a photobook, but has adhesive pages, one big plastic sheet that you slip things under to one page. I've seen them around. I think it is actually meant so ppl can store larger photos. They are not restricted to one regular size pocket per photo. Also postcards do come in all different shapes and sizes theses days. I think we need a book that can house all manner of cards. It's just an idea tho.
I have one of those their really nice (my mom uses them to put her recipes in for the kitchen..even though its technically considered a photoalbum)...the only this is...how is she gonna be able to flip the postcards over to read whats on the back? I'm mean, we're using the typical postcards right? picture of the front..and message on the back?

UGGH, lol, wheres an AC Moore employee when you need one?
avi by me
Old 07-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Passionate Fan

AC Moore rocks haha, I have one like 5 minutes away from me.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Javalava86- Good point on the flipping. My sister pointed the same thing out to me. On further thinking, I feel the plain scrapbook is still the best thing to use. All we would need to do is stick the postcards along the top edge with tape.That way they are firmly in place, and Lauren can still flip them over. My sister also said that it’s a no brainier, a scrapbook is by far the best choice. I totally agree.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Emma_Jane- You have a PM. I sent it to you last night.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

So have we decided on an Australian co-ordinator?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys!
Thanks for answering about the password Caitlin. I think I'll send it to each coordinator and then they'll send it to the people from each country... if they can't, I'll send to each one of you but after 18/19 July 'cos I have an exam and have only like 5 minutes free every day.
I still like the photobook idea better for a couple of reasons:
-it's easier to put together. Audrey has been really kind to accept to collect everything but we should make it as easy as possible for her...
-I have big photobooks where I put all pics from holidays and they can be used a bit as scrapbooks too, you just have to put the banner/whatever in the plave where a postcard should be... and it's easier for Lauren to read too, she just has to take them off!

I still had something to say but my brain is still half asleep so I'll stop by later.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 07-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Blemma- No, we have not decided on Australian coordinator. I sent you a PM about the situation. I may as well ask you now tho, do you want to be it??????? I can't do it as my parents don't like me giving out my address to ppl I don't know. I've made a banner tho for our section of the book. I can send the banner along with my postcard and picture to whomever is going to be our Australian coordinator. I hope it's all right I made the banner.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Could we please be told the the dimensions of the photo pockets so we know how big our banners can be??????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Loyal Fan

If no one else steps up to the plate and someone explains to me exactly what I need to do then I can be the Oz Co-ordinator - I am pretty busy with work most of the week, but if no one else can do the job, I will

Is it possible to see the banner
Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Who is the USA coordinator???????? Are you the person the coordinators from each country have to send their stuff to???????
Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Blemma- Do you know Emma_Jane??????? Maybe you could ask her if she wants to be the coordinator. I don't know her myself. I’ve PMed her about this project, but she never wrote back.

If you are the coordinator tho, all you have to do is PM Emma_Jane and me with your address so we can send you our stuff. You then put everything in one big envelope and send it off to the person putting the book together, who I guess will provide all the coordinators with her address. With our photos there will be no need for you to say who we are as we will write our names on the backs of the photos. I will paper clip my photo, banner, and postcard together so it is easy for you to mange and send. Are you clear on what you need to do??????? Thanks for offering to be the coordinator!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll PM you my banner right now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok sounds good, I'll be the Aussie co-ordinator ... I feel special LOL.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Blemma- Emma_Jane sent me a PM, and we both think it's best if you are our coordinator. Emma_Jane lives in Perth, and cos of the distance from the rest of the country, she thought she was not the best person to be the coordinator. So the upshot is: we both pick YOU. We very warmly welcome you as our coordinator!!!!!!!!!! If you could PM us your address, that would be super!!!!!!!!!