Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
There was no Diana on ET tonight. There was maybe a two-second group shot during the concert, but I didn't notice if she was visible then. The rest was all JPL/Fantasia/Camile, and that was a total of 40 seconds, maybe. Blah.
Awwwww.

Quote:
Actually, I hate to say it... and I could be wrong... but I think she may have been 14 when that audition was taped. Girl was very... erm, mature for her age.
Oh, good lord. I knew I liked younger girls, but that's ridiculous. Oh, god. So dirty. So wrong.

Quote:
(I had closing bold and quote tags here for some reason.)
Hee!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Shannon**
Oh, good lord. I knew I liked younger girls, but that's ridiculous. Oh, god. So dirty. So wrong.
It's not our fault that she was/is unusually hot for her age. Not to mention the voice. Supposedly, she's always had a big voice, but I wonder how long it's sounded the way it does now. It has since at least as far back as that AMTK audition.

Diana on AMTK:

Look at that outfit. Isn't it easy to see why I'd want to slap her?

But, um, it looks like she's, uh... grown a bit... in the past two years. Not that I'm looking at a 14/15-year-old girl that way. No, sir. Not me.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh my God, what is she wearing?? What is she singing there?

Quote:
But, um, it looks like she's, uh... grown a bit... in the past two years. Not that I'm looking at a 14/15-year-old girl that way. No, sir. Not me.
Riiiiight.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++
Oh my God, what is she wearing??
My sentiments exactly.

Quote:
What is she singing there?
IIRC, She sang "Chain of Fools" in the first round (as she did for both the AMTK and AI auditions), and "I Will Always Love You" in the finals, so judging by her stance and facial expression, I'd say COF.

See, THAT is one picture where I'd agree with Simon about the "overgrown child" comment. Not vocally or in personality or performance (which you can't judge by a picture anyway) as he meant it, but she does LOOK like a big child there, IMO.

The picture also makes her look rather tall. Is she on stilts or something? I blame the one-piece.

Quote:
Riiiiight.
Look, Sunshine and Bunnies are up in the camera all the time now. Their absence, therefore, is quite noticable to me. To not notice would be like not noticing Justin got rid of the 'fro.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-24-2004, 03:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
so judging by her stance and facial expression, I'd say COF.
Hee, I remember her AI audition.

Quote:
See, THAT is one picture where I'd agree with Simon about the "overgrown child" comment. Not vocally or in personality or performance (which you can't judge by a picture anyway) as he meant it, but she does LOOK like a big child there, IMO.
She looks like an old child. Or a child who's trying to be old.

Quote:
The picture also makes her look rather tall. Is she on stilts or something? I blame the one-piece.
Yup, I think it's the black one-piece and in the pic, she looks thinner.

Quote:
Look, Sunshine and Bunnies are up in the camera all the time now. Their absence, therefore, is quite noticable to me.
Hee, okay, I understand. I think S&B are covered by her hair... yup, I think they're there.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
She looks like an old child. Or a child who's trying to be old.
She looks like a nine-year-old that has been stretched like those Stretch Armstrong dolls from the early '90s.

Quote:
Yup, I think it's the black one-piece and in the pic, she looks thinner.
She's looked thinner in every pre-AI pic I've seen.

Quote:
Hee, okay, I understand. I think S&B are covered by her hair... yup, I think they're there.
Hair can't cover THAT much.

From a Milwaukee newspaper:

Quote:
With an audience full of young "Idol" viewers, certain performers got higher levels of preteen screeching, especially DeGarmo and the goofiest of the "Idol" performers, Jon Peter Lewis.
Awww. The kiddies love their Jonana DePeter LewGarmo.

I misread the first time, though, and thought it suggested that certain performers were the ones screeching (nevermind the fact that JPL can NEVER be accused of something remotely like that), and I was oddly proud that Diana was singled out as the screechiest. I'm not sure why.

The cutest tour story I've read so far was that Diana saw someone's "We [heart] Diana" sign outside the buses, and came to the window later with an "I love you" sign in response (security wouldn't let the finalists near the fans). She'll just eat up any positive attention, won't she?

It appears fans have been able to find the finalists outside the hotels at pretty much every stop a few hours before the show. I kind of wish I hadn't read that, because the Marriot in NY is only a quick walk across the Coliseum parking lot, and I'd be tempted to show up early and stalk Diana.

Old 07-24-2004, 04:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Hair can't cover THAT much.
Good point.

Aw... Diana love. Good for her.

Quote:
The cutest tour story I've read so far was that Diana saw someone's "We [heart] Diana" sign outside the buses, and came to the window later with an "I love you" sign in response (security wouldn't let the finalists near the fans).
That's sweet. Awwww.... I wanna hug her.

Quote:
I kind of wish I hadn't read that, because the Marriot in NY is only a quick walk across the Coliseum parking lot, and I'd be tempted to show up early and stalk Diana.
Yeah. Give her the Delly scrapbook. Are you going to attempt to do something sneaky? I'll be waiting for your pic with Diana, 'kay?
Old 07-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Hmmph. It looks like there are a few videos on the media site from IdolOnFox.com that I never saw before, and haven't been on the official site for a while. I just watched the clip of her working with Debra Byrd (and Michael Orland, it looks like) before her semifinals performance. Some interesting bits of info from it:

1. Diana was apparently ill the week of her semifinals group. She may have gotten over whatever was troubling her by the actual performance night, but if she didn't, you certainly wouldn't know it.

2. She was stuck between "Think" and IGTMIM.

3. She was thinking along the same lines as Debra Byrd as to which song to choose, so she IS intuitive and does know what she's doing without help from "professionals."

4. Debra seemed genuinely impressed by this and wasn't talking down to Diana at all, whereas I've noticed that she does tend to talk down to the contestants in almost all of the little behind the scenes clips that they've played on the show. I'm not surprised, though, because she's always made certain to mention Diana when people have asked/talked about just Fantasia and La Toya as the best singers this season.

5. Sunshine and Bunnies looked smaller even then, and her hair wasn't in the way.

I also watched her interview on the red carpet at the Top 12 party. Short but cute, as she was uber-excited. She just thanked people for voting for her and said she was blessed to have them on her side. Jennifer Hudson was standing off to the side, presumably waiting to be interviewed herself, but it was a nice little DiHud non-moment for me.

Quote:
That's sweet. Awwww.... I wanna hug her.
What's really cool is that her mother has been in the audience every night, and she'll gladly swing backstage during intermission and get things signed for fans. You'd think Diana would want to just chill out in that time, but apparently not.

Quote:
Yeah. Give her the Delly scrapbook. Are you going to attempt to do something sneaky? I'll be waiting for your pic with Diana, 'kay?
Hee! "What's 'The Delly'?... Oohhhh."

I don't even know if I'm going to one of the concerts yet, though. I was thinking of trying the NJ venue, since it's probably easier to get to from Manhatten than the Coliseum on Long Island, but I just read they've been super nuts with any kind of camera at the venue lately. I'd rather deal with the Coliseum's very lax security. (There was the funniest guy checking bags and such when I went to see Kelly and Clay. He seemed like he wanted to kill himself. I bet it was the Claymates' fault.)

ETA: Heh. There will be a contest through the newsletter to win a phone call from Diana. Heh, heh.

Last edited by NaiveYetChubby; 07-24-2004 at 05:32 AM
Old 07-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Hmmph. It looks like there are a few videos on the media site from IdolOnFox.com that I never saw before, and haven't been on the official site for a while.
Yeah, there's also a DiTasia video and a video of Diana at her home. That was cute. They showed some clips of her and her mom (CUTE) joking around. And then there's this clip where Diana explains that only she and her mom live together, etc. -- there's a tinge of sadness in her voice while explaining this, I don't know if it's only me but awww.

Quote:
5. Sunshine and Bunnies looked smaller even then, and her hair wasn't in the way.
What the heck happened then? Breasts got stressed?

Quote:
What's really cool is that her mother has been in the audience every night, and she'll gladly swing backstage during intermission and get things signed for fans.
Aw. Her mom's really sweet. They're adorable.

I don't know what Claymates are.

Quote:
ETA: Heh. There will be a contest through the newsletter to win a phone call from Diana. Heh, heh.
Yay! If you're joining then you win, ask something Delly-related so that it'll be hilarious. (Record!! Hee. )

ETA: I just heard Fanty's version of SSB... ugh. I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Last edited by ++Cam++; 07-24-2004 at 08:35 AM
Old 07-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Absolute Fan

It's so nice to be walking through Best Buy only to look up and see three or four Dianas smugly smirking at you at near eye-level.

Quote:
Yeah, there's also a DiTasia video and a video of Diana at her home. That was cute. They showed some clips of her and her mom (CUTE) joking around. And then there's this clip where Diana explains that only she and her mom live together, etc. -- there's a tinge of sadness in her voice while explaining this, I don't know if it's only me but awww.
I've seen those two already. All of them are still up on the AI site except for the red carpet snippet and the semifinals preparation. It seems several videos from earlier in the season were removed, from what I've read on IF. I know there was also a video where John is checking out Diana, because I've seen the cap, but it was removed and I have no idea where to find it, unfortunately.

I love the hometown video. I did even before that cap of the orgasm face surfaced. It was nice to see her joking with her mother, playing with her dogs, etc. It's one of the few times I think we've seen her being completely naturally and at ease with herself. Otherwise she seems a little bit overly aware of the cameras that are on her.

I'm sure she's somewhat sad about her family situation. The only male figure in her life is her brother, and he's been overseas or stationed out of state at least as far back as AMTK. And her father isn't a part of her life whatsoever. But she handles it all remarkably well.

Quote:
What the heck happened then? Breasts got stressed?
Hormone injections? I have no idea. It's strange.

Quote:
I don't know what Claymates are.
Crazy Clay Aiken fans.

Quote:
Yay! If you're joining then you win, ask something Delly-related so that it'll be hilarious. (Record!! Hee. )
If I could manage to form actual thoughts as I spoke, I would make Delly jokes. (And she would get them, because she reads these threads.) I'd definitely record, though.

I find it interesting that the only two AI people I know of who are randomly calling their fans on the phone are Kelly and Diana. That means nothing to me, as a believer in the Delly. Nothing at all.

Quote:
ETA: I just heard Fanty's version of SSB... ugh. I wasn't impressed to say the least.
Yeah, I know. And to think TBS wouldn't air Diana's version.

Old 07-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I did even before that cap of the orgasm face surfaced.
I was looking out for that! Hee.

Quote:
And her father isn't a part of her life whatsoever. But she handles it all remarkably well.
Yeah, I never heard her or her mom mention her father. She's a good trooper so shut up Simon, she's climbed mountains and swam lakes.

Quote:
Hormone injections? I have no idea. It's strange.
Strange yet, I'm sure, very cool for you.

Quote:
I find it interesting that the only two AI people I know of who are randomly calling their fans on the phone are Kelly and Diana.
I think Diana would be oblivious of the Delly. Then upon discovering it, she would laugh in this shriek-y way she always does. I don't think she'll be horrified, really. Oh cool, Kelly also calls her fans! I should write her.

Quote:
That means nothing to me, as a believer in the Delly. Nothing at all.
Yes, as you have established in this thread and the other two threads. Nothingness.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I was looking out for that! Hee.
Did you find it? Because I had to REALLY stare at the screen to catch it. That was some lucky timing when it was being capped. To think, one more second, and we would never know of the orgasm face. That would be SAD.

Quote:
Yeah, I never heard her or her mom mention her father. She's a good trooper so shut up Simon, she's climbed mountains and swam lakes.
Someone who supposedly knows the family said that they didn't even know her father had remarried for some time. If that's true? Ouch. Diana needs a hug. At least he hasn't come out of the woodwork now that she's famous, like Clay's father and Kimberley's paternal relatives. (And it looks like Fantasia's father may be trying to use her fame to start a record label, now.)

Quote:
Strange yet, I'm sure, very cool for you.
I'm actually kind of glad they're not present in the pictures of her when she's 14/15, so I can convince myself that I'm not a complete pervert. That they're not there the week of her semifinals performance, though, is a little bit upsetting.

Quote:
I think Diana would be oblivious of the Delly.
Oh, Diana knows. She's given us plenty of hints lately. She's a sneaky, dirty girl, but we're on to her.

Actually, I'd ask her the ellipsis vs. semicolon question Ryan didn't bother to ask on On Air, because it was the Fanty/Tamyra/George/JPL show that day. (And maybe because it was pretty damn odd to an "outsider" who doesn't get the metaphors.)

Quote:
I don't think she'll be horrified, really.
I tend to think she would be.

Quote:
Oh cool, Kelly also calls her fans!
And with no warning whatsoever. I'd have flipped out if I was one of the people who randomly received a call from Kelly.

Old 07-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

There is far too much for me to reply to here. But as for S&B not being so... um, readily available when she was 14/15? I'm so right there with you on the gladness.

And as for them growing, well, girls aren't suppose to stop growing until they're 16/17. So, she could've just had some odd growth spurt.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Absolute Fan

"Odd" would be the word for it.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

I still can't get over that little thought walking a thousand miles.