Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2004, 05:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Shannon**
I dare you to say that at IF.
If I can find an appropriate thread for it.

Maybe I should go into the Fantasia forum and start a thread about it!

Quote:
Yeah, it sucks. I spent $5.50 on voting for Kel in WI.
This is how slow I am right now: I forgot we couldn't vote for people from our own countries, so I was sitting here thinking back, realizing I didn't vote for Kelly, and then feeling like a bad fan because of it. Is there a "Doh!" smilie?

Also, to mock myself: I said, "'cause."

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-15-2004, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
If I can find an appropriate thread for it.

Maybe I should go into the Fantasia forum and start a thread about it!
Heeee! You should call it, "Diana makes me wet." Would that get you guaranteed banning? Cool if it did.

Quote:
This is how slow I am right now: I forgot we couldn't vote for people from our own countries, so I was sitting here thinking back, realizing I didn't vote for Kelly, and then feeling like a bad fan because of it. Is there a "Doh!" smilie?
Heee! Are you feeling a little sleepy?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Heeee! You should call it, "Diana makes me wet." Would that get you guaranteed banning? Cool if it did.
Is it wrong that I'm seriously considering this?

Quote:
Are you feeling a little sleepy?
Not really. I slept until 12:30 AM here.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-15-2004, 05:24 AM
Addicted Fan

OT: Heehee, I'm hyper 'cause I just finished watching this Jaz documentary.

I didn't know that Jaz plays the piano. I knew Camile plays the piano though. I think she'll do okay if ever she plays the piano on tour.

I'd like to see Diana play guitar while swaying. That would be fun. Neee. Oh and on RDMH, she'll also get her "yeah yeah yeah"s since it's included in the lyrics.

I still love Simon though, hee.

ETA: I read some of the posts at IF. Glad I'm not posting there. I'd be irritated as hell too.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Is it wrong that I'm seriously considering this?
HEE! You should do it! I want to see reactions. And publicly agree with you.

Quote:
Not really. I slept until 12:30 AM here.
Damn, girl! What time did you go to bed?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++
I think she'll do okay if ever she plays the piano on tour.
That might be better for her, now that I think about it. But it would mean no Awkward Camile Hand Gestures, and I LOVE those.

Quote:
I'd like to see Diana play guitar while swaying.
BWAH!

Quote:
Oh and on RDMH, she'll also get her "yeah yeah yeah"s since it's included in the lyrics.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah"? Oh, LORD.

Which reminds me: You know how Diana always gets called on her "C'mon, y'all!"s? I've noticed Fantasia does that a lot, too. So, um, does that make Diana an "artiste" or something?

Quote:
HEE! You should do it! I want to see reactions. And publicly agree with you.
I want to start off slowly, with an av of the orgasm face, as well as a blend in my signature with the same picture and the words, "That's the spot." Because you KNOW they'd be talking about that over in the Tasia forum.

Quote:
Damn, girl! What time did you go to bed?
I went to sleep at about 2:30 PM, slept 'til 6:15, had dinner, then slept again from 8:00 to 12:40. I woke up a few times, but it was less than 30 minutes overall that I was wake between 8 and 12:40.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I want to start off slowly, with an av of the orgasm face, as well as a blend in my signature with the same picture and the words, "That's the spot." Because you KNOW they'd be talking about that over in the Tasia forum.
Was that another not-so-subtle hint?

Quote:
I went to sleep at about 2:30 PM, slept 'til 6:15, had dinner, then slept again from 8:00 to 12:40. I woke up a few times, but it was less than 30 minutes overall that I was wake between 8 and 12:40.
Your sleeping pattern is just... neat.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Was that another not-so-subtle hint?
No, I was going to make them myself, actually. It's FF and its lame-ass restrictions on the av size, and my lame-ass software that can't compress well that's a problem.

Why was I stupid enough to tell my mother just 30 seconds ago that the tingling came back? She refuses to leave the house now.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No, I was going to make them myself, actually. It's FF and its lame-ass restrictions on the av size, and my lame-ass software that can't compress well that's a problem.
You goin' wit' yo bad self!

I'm in a street mood, ignore me.

Quote:
Why was I stupid enough to tell my mother just 30 seconds ago that the tingling came back? She refuses to leave the house now.
Silly, silly girl.

OKay! Be back in an hour, y'all. The Angel finale's on!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
You goin' wit' yo bad self!

I'm in a street mood, ignore me.
BWAH! You can be weird sometimes, you know?

Old 07-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey, I like Camile's awkward hand gestures.

Shannon: Congratulations, you're about to have a new brother/sister.

"Artiste". I'm puzzled. Who started calling her that?
Old 07-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Absolute Fan

What? I'm not joking about Camile. I also love Jennifer's Crazy Eyes. And you know me and Diana's bad dancing.

All of the judges, and people in the media, have referred to Fantasia as an ARTIST. In fact, some in the press have gone so far as to say she is the only artist to come from the show. Nevermind the fact that she hasn't really released any of her own material yet.

My favorite Paula quote from the finals, in fact, was her critique of "Summertime": "This is where you stand out as an outstanding artist," because you're able to reinvent yourself. You don't get more redundant than "standing out as an outstanding" anything. Plus reinvention requires one to do more than performing the same song three times in the exact same manner.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
All of the judges, and people in the media, have referred to Fantasia as an ARTIST. In fact, some in the press have gone so far as to say she is the only artist to come from the show. Nevermind the fact that she hasn't really released any of her own material yet.
I remember an EW article where they said that that's why they "love Fantasia" because she infuses the songs with Aretha Franklin-like gospel energy.

Quote:
My favorite Paula quote from the finals, in fact, was her critique of "Summertime": "This is where you stand out as an outstanding artist," because you're able to reinvent yourself. You don't get more redundant than "standing out as an outstanding" anything. Plus reinvention requires one to do more than performing the same song three times in the exact same manner.
Y'know, Summertime was great the first time around. But the second and third time, it looked stagey what with the sitting on the floor and the same gestures. I never get it when they say that "it's the greatest Idol performance... ever!" Don't.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
BWAH! You can be weird sometimes, you know?
I think that's a little bit of a compliment..

Quote:
Shannon: Congratulations, you're about to have a new brother/sister.
Thanks! I'm psyched!

Uh, apologies for use of the word 'psyched'.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I think it's okay to use the word "psyched" in this case. Just don't let it happen again.

I have a new avatar over at IF. No reaction yet. Bastards.

Quote:
Y'know, Summertime was great the first time around. But the second and third time, it looked stagey what with the sitting on the floor and the same gestures. I never get it when they say that "it's the greatest Idol performance... ever!" Don't.
I, myself, was bored by it the first time, but I understood what the others saw. Not as the "best performance EVAH!" but why they would think it was good.

How anyone could continue to claim Fantasia just "feels the music" after watching her perform it exactly the same way two more times is beyond me, though. It's rehearsed. She's good at putting on a show, then, I suppose. Doesn't mean I feel some great joy of the song from her, though.

Besides which, I'd rather hear passion in a singer's voice. You know, as that's supposed to be their instrument.