Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
Heh. She can shout at ME.
I wonder what you can get out of it.

Re: IF. I'm looking for a good read and I don't know where all the fights are.

During my freshman year in high school or earlier than that, I heard and saw Prince's video for Diamonds and Pearls. Ugh, now I can't remember the tune, I only remember bits from the video like Prince had really fake-y 80's background thing going and frilly costumes for his back-up dancers. Can't wait for Diana's version, really curious about what it sounds like.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++
I wonder what you can get out of it.
Oh, nothing. Nothing. At. ALL.

Quote:
Re: IF. I'm looking for a good read and I don't know where all the fights are.
I could PM you the links to some of the better threads. Man, I wish the search function worked (it didn't as of last week), because I'd dig up the threads that prove I clearly have a stalker. Beware of some anti-Fantasia comments from me and Shannon, though. Mainly me. And the one Shannon posted was something I dared her to post. So it's really ALL me.

Quote:
Can't wait for Diana's version, really curious about what it sounds like.
And looks like.

You know, she was supposed to sing "River Deep Mountain High," but I haven't heard anything about that. Maybe that's the third solo alluded to. I've never heard the song, but I looked up the lyrics and I'm interested to hear her take on it.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-15-2004, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Beware of some anti-Fantasia comments from me and Shannon, though. Mainly me. And the one Shannon posted was something I dared her to post. So it's really ALL me.
I'm a good girl.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Absolute Fan

But I like it when you're naughty.

Hmm. I just realized my English wasn't so great in that statement you quoted.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

It made sense to me, don't get mad!

Quote:
But I like it when you're naughty.
I bet you do.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Absolute Fan

It was the "me and Shannon" part. The English, I talk good.

Never. Gets. Old.

Heh. Heh, heh. The poor 'teenybopper' haters. Apparently the age range for AI4 was changed, BUT... the official press release for the auditions says it's 16-28. Ha! (Although I did kind of like the notion that Diana would always be the youngest contestant to get as far as second place. But the chances of that changing are slim anyway.)

I think I may vote for all of the 16-year-olds, just because people don't want me to. In honor of our Teenybopper Queen, DiDi.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Don't worry about me, I'm not a PsychoFan. And I'm not really into Fantasia that much 'cause I don't like every one of her performances. Besides, I've read worse from TwOP regarding Jaz. Aw. OT: Kinda happy 'cause she played the piano at the concert. Wooo.

RDMH?? Haha, another Celine Dion song... um, well at least I know Celine covered it. It's probably one of my favorite Celine songs now that I think about it. It's a nice, upbeat song... it'll suit Diana well.

What's preventing Simon from starting another whinefest on how the contestants are 16 and haven't climbed mountains or swam lakes? Honestly, I like Simon, I think we can be best friends but I hope he doesn't put the age thing into overdrive. I did see his point during the start, but during the finale, it bugs.

Is this the pic from Di's single? She looks pretty here.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++
Besides, I've read worse from TwOP regarding Jaz. Aw.
Oh, OW about the Jasmine comments on TWoP. I can't even glance at that thread.

Quote:
Kinda happy 'cause she played the piano at the concert. Wooo.
I heard about that. She was supposed to be really good on the piano.

I wonder about the instrument playing, though. I remember seeing George and Camile playing piano in their packages (hee!), too, and while I could see Camile hardly being able to handle that since she seems to have a severe case of stage fright as it is, I wonder why George didn't play a little on the tour.

I was kind of surprised to hear any of them would be playing instruments. There are several musicians in S1 and S2, but none of them ever played an instrument on tour. (Although I remember Ruben played some kind of brass instrument, IIRC, which would have been hard for him to play while singing.)

Damn, if Kelly can strum her two chords in concert, why can't Di display her crappy guitar-playing skills? I want to be able to point and laugh at something she does, and since all of her dancing is choreographed, I have nothing now.

Quote:
RDMH?? Haha, another Celine Dion song... um, well at least I know Celine covered it. It's probably one of my favorite Celine songs now that I think about it. It's a nice, upbeat song... it'll suit Diana well.
Good to hear she'd be doing an upbeat number (if she did, indeed, end up singing RDMH on tour).

Quote:
What's preventing Simon from starting another whinefest on how the contestants are 16 and haven't climbed mountains or swam lakes? Honestly, I like Simon, I think we can be best friends but I hope he doesn't put the age thing into overdrive. I did see his point during the start, but during the finale, it bugs.
Oh, I know.

Those were the rules when the show started, buttmunch. You didn't have a problem the previous years. I think he just hated that these kids came in with a significant amount of talent. I liked Carmen and all, but there was no way she was going to upstage their Cluben Top 2 or even Kimberley or Trenyce.

I think the age thing won't be TOO big a deal this year, because Simon finally got his diva win. He's been whining about that since Tamyra was booted (I almost fell over when he practically admitted it in one of his critiques of Jennifer), and now he can stop. At least I hope he will. Nah, probably not.

But, you know, if he starts with it again? It will only be more incentive for me to vote for the youngins.

Quote:
Is this the pic from Di's single?
Sure is. I really like it, too, but it seems a lot of people were not happy with it. They would have preferred RCA's promo shot of her, and I do like that picture better, but I'm fine with the one they used. I think a lot of people thought she looked too young, but those are the people who have a problem with the age/maturity thing already, so I suppose since I'm don't agree there, her looking young in the single cover won't bother me. It's about time they let her look her age, I think.

Di had no say in the matter, BTW. It was all Clive Davis.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

I like that picture. She has a smug look on her face, which is really, really hot. (was: "reallh ot.")

In AuI2, the first 2 episodes have just aired. They let this 16-year-old boy, who's voice hadn't even broken yet, through. Cute kid, but, like Diana HE LOOKS ABOUT 8. As in, all the time.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Shannon**
I like that picture. She has a smug look on her face, which is really, really hot.
I thought I was the only one who noticed how absolutely SMUG she looks. And that was clearly taken around the time of the Top 12, so she didn't have much to be smug about yet.

Smug is hot. As is the belly.

Quote:
In AuI2, the first 2 episodes have just aired. They let this 16-year-old boy, who's voice hadn't even broken yet, through. Cute kid, but, like Diana HE LOOKS ABOUT 8. As in, all the time.
BWAH! It would be funny if his voice completely changes throughout the competition, complete with the cracks. (I had a 50-something tech ed teacher whose voice still cracked like he was going through puberty.)

Please, do tell if they turn around and tell this boy he's too young later on in the competition.

Also, "who's."

Old 07-15-2004, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Smug is hot. As is the belly.
And we know how much I love the belly.

Quote:
BWAH! It would be funny if his voice completely changes throughout the competition, complete with the cracks. (I had a 50-something tech ed teacher whose voice still cracked like he was going through puberty.)
Heh, no doubt it will. They asked him if his voice had broken yet, and he was like, "Kinda! It's been happening lately." (HA! to the tech teacher.)

Quote:
Also, "who's."
Heh. I do grammar good.

Edit: I just remembered another thing about that kid on AuI. I don't know how familiar you are with the judges, but Dicko is the Simon, Marcia is the Paula and Mark is the Randy. Anyway, Marcia and Mark said yes, so he was automatically put through, 2/3 and all that. Then in a segment right before the break, you had Dicko and Marcia yelling at each other about the kid. Dicko thinks he's too young, and that it ripped the oppurtunity away from someone else. Sound like a judge we know and want to kill with a sledgehammer?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
And we know how much I love the belly.
Do you? I don't think you've ever mentioned it before.

Quote:
Sound like a judge we know and want to kill with a sledgehammer?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I remember liking Dicko on WI, though. Of course, I liked Simon up until his anti-Diana bull of the last few weeks of S3. He's been an ass to my other favorites in the past, so the stupid crap he said to her all season didn't make me hate him, it was the unncessary stuff in the press.

I remember saying around the time of the John Stevens craziness that I liked Simon and not the other two because he's never made it personal. I think I jinxed Diana.

2/3, huh? Same votes as Diana. You should vote for him just to screw with Dicko, if he gets put into the semifinals.

Quote:
"Kinda! It's been happening lately."
Oh, this should be good. I imagine a lot of John Stevens/"Crocodile Rock" moments.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I remember liking Dicko on WI, though. Of course, I liked Simon up until his anti-Diana bull of the last few weeks of S3. He's been an ass to my other favorites in the past, so the stupid crap he said to her all season didn't make me hate him, it was the unncessary stuff in the press.
Yeah. I like Dicko. He made one ass-like comment about a girl's weight last year, when they were down to like the final 4, but aside from that, he's decent. I suppose I'll hate him when we get a Diana-like character in AuI3...

Quote:
2/3, huh? Same votes as Diana. You should vote for him just to screw with Dicko, if he gets put into the semifinals.
Hee! I think I might. It may just be worth the 55c.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Man, I really, really LOVE the Diana parts of "Where Is The Love?" It makes me wet. As does "Crazy," which I'm listening to right now. I wish she'd sing that in concert. There would be a... moaning problem... in section 128 of the Nassau Coliseum (in the imaginary world where I've purchased those tickets). There isn't ENOUGH of Diana in WITL, at least judging by the On Air performance, to 'cause as noticable a reaction from me.

Quote:
Yeah. I like Dicko. He made one ass-like comment about a girl's weight last year, when they were down to like the final 4, but aside from that, he's decent.
The one thing that really pissed me off about S1 of AI is that they had this really GREAT singer Jacquetta who was overweight, and in the auditions they asked her if she thought she'd get through, and she said, "No, because I'm a big girl." Well, they sent her through to Pasadena. And then what did they do? Tell her that she was too overweight and cut her before they got to the Top 45. Bitches.

Quote:
Hee! I think I might. It may just be worth the 55c.
I forgot the votes cost money in other countries.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Man, I really, really LOVE the Diana parts of "Where Is The Love?" It makes me wet.
I dare you to say that at IF. Also, HEH. I thought I read wrong the first time, and was like, "What?! Hee!"

Quote:
I forgot the votes cost money in other countries.
Yeah, it sucks. I spent $5.50 on voting for Kel in WI.