Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
Edited because the picture order seems to have rearranged.
I average about 4 edits per post on a daily basis.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Love those pictures, though, especially the one with Camile.
Becaus she's jutting S and B out for the world to see?
Old 07-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, mainly.

Here are some choice caps from all the tour rehearsal coverage lately.

The first seven prove that Diana (and God, and biology) loves us, and the last is Diana finding out that we love her (and Kelly) just a little bit more than she thought. I'm kind of upset that the laptop is blocking what appears to be a short skirt or shorts.

I also capped an audio-less vid of Diana rehearsing some dance moves from On Air in RealMedia format. I tried to turn it into a .gif file, but it ended being 10x the file size, and that was with the picture size reduced a quarter of what the RealMedia file is. Enjoy. I know I did.

ETA:

1) You forgot an "e," Shannon.

2) Is J.Hud checking out the Dianass (yes, I coined a new phrase) in that first ET pic? I think so.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-10-2004, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

2:44 is just... wow. I feel so much better now.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Hee. There's nothing a little DeGarmo ear-f**k won't cure.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-10-2004, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

I should create a playlist made just for times like these: Dreams, I Believe, Breakaway, and Clay's live Measure of a Man from this PBS special which I'm listening to right now.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I taped that PBS special but never got around to watching it. I only managed to catch the end of "God Bless The U.S.A." as it was airing live.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

MOAM sounds so good with an orchestra...

Just finished listening to kelly's Without You... swoon.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Performance show or results show version?

Oooh, MOAM with an orchestra? I should watch that soon.

Topic: The way Diana's voice cracks in IHITTG?

Old 07-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

Performance. Is Results better? (I'll have trouble hunting that down, though. I think.)
Old 07-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Addicted Fan

On Fantasia: I didn't catch a lot of interviews 'cause we have little coverage of AI here... that's too bad. If she was being dismissive about Diana or other contestants, I would be disappointed 'cause I like Fantasia too...

On the nice pictures: I honestly like them all, Amy, J.Hud, LaToya, etc. And the dance moves that Sheana uploaded was "whoa!"/cute! I think the girls are capable dancers... Diana's getting used to not swaying. I see that there's an ass shake move in that Real Player clip. The rehearsals look like fun!
Old 07-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Absolute Fan

The results show version of WY is better, IMO (and in most people's). Her voice is stronger. Simon called it the performance of the competition. You should be able to get it from KC.ca (if their media is up) or the like.

Diana's got rhythm, she just chooses to use it in a horrible way. I think she's gotten better since working with a choreographer. She doesn't seem to have dropped the "boogie" when not in a group number, so I'll still have that to make fun of, but when they actually give her normal moves, she's quite good with them.

Maybe Kelly has spoiled me in terms of graciousness, so how you view Fantasia's comments and actions may not match up with mine. I know many don't agree with me on the following, but here's why I feel the way I do.

I was angered, for example, by the fact that she had a completely positive reaction to comments such as "That was your acceptance speech," because that's a crap-on-Diana comment as much as a praise-Fantasia comment. Same thing with her non-reaction to the critiques being read on the finale. Or when SHE hugged Diana after winning, not the other way around. I found it insensitive. Most wouldn't agree.

What she said on GDL today was all about people accepting her for her, and nothing about the actual competition. She was fine to let the host give the impression that it was some evident clean sweep from start to finish for her, when it wasn't, and even if had been, she still could have acknowledged the others. Some feel she just acknowledges the positive, not the negative, but that's not a good thing in my eyes.

The one thing that really bothered me, though, was not her non-reaction or non-comments, but the one time when she actually SAID something. In an interview with TV Guide Online right before the finale, she said she and Diana appeal to different audiences.... Diana appeals to "the kids," and then she went on to say (paraphrasing) that adults appreciate HER music because she's "been through things." I can find at least TWO major things that are wrong with her assessment, and they both say, to me, that while she may consider Diana's voice, on a strictly technical basis, on par with the greats, she thinks of herself and "her music" (of which there is none at this point) as more sophisticated. Nevermind the fact that Diana's been through a hell of a lot herself, and she's younger and those things, unlike Fantasia's situation, were entirely out of her control, and she NEVER feels the need to arbitrarily bring any of it up.

Old 07-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

I've finally listened to the Results Show version of Without You, and yes, it's sexy and purdy.

ETA: Some local singing competition was airing a while ago. The finalists sang I Believe as a group, and oh god, they sucked. Just sharing.

Last edited by P Y R O; 07-10-2004 at 04:25 AM
Old 07-10-2004, 04:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O
ETA: Some local singing competition was airing a while ago. The finalists sang I Believe as a group, and oh god, they sucked. Just sharing.
Oh my God, I was cringing all throughout this. And somebody even sang A House Is Not A Home! What was up with that? But I'm not really complaining 'cause it's one of the more decent songs in the competition. And some ass was naming this singer the whistling diva. Whistling?? Whistling???? The hell?
Old 07-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The one thing that really bothered me, though, was not her non-reaction or non-comments, but the one time when she actually SAID something. In an interview with TV Guide Online right before the finale, she said she and Diana appeal to different audiences.... Diana appeals to "the kids," and then she went on to say (paraphrasing) that adults appreciate HER music because she's "been through things." I can find at least TWO major things that are wrong with her assessment, and they both say, to me, that while she may consider Diana's voice, on a strictly technical basis, on par with the greats, she thinks of herself and "her music" (of which there is none at this point) as more sophisticated. Nevermind the fact that Diana's been through a hell of a lot herself, and she's younger and those things, unlike Fantasia's situation, were entirely out of her control, and she NEVER feels the need to arbitrarily bring any of it up.
I see your point re: Tasia's reaction on Simon's comment. It appears to me that she's more dismissive than un-gracious. Probably because I think Tasia and Diana like each other. Just to add, during the latter part of the competition (circa Top 4) I also noticed the air around her that seems to be saying that she is the Chosen One. But that could be perceived as her wanting to really win AI.

Um, if she said that Diana appeals to kids and she to adults -- she should have thought about what she said. That was kind of a crappy thing to say.