Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

They didn't give her a solo? Oh, man, Sheana's, gonna be PISSED.

But she wore a HALTER? Damn, I need this.

Cam, you can download stuff from Diana DeGarmo Media, but I'm not sure if they'd have it up yet.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Shannon**
They didn't give her a solo? Oh, man, Sheana's, gonna be PISSED.
That was disappointing, but Fantasia never got to sing I Believe on there and Diana did go a couple weeks ago to sing Dreams. She did get some small solos here and there. I actually really loved George Huff's thing with JPL (The Darkness!), but I didn't get why they didn't have each Idol come out and add a solo part instead of just Fantasia and then they all joined in. Probably time. They could have skipped the question segment where instead of Ryan asking them his lame questions, the Idols had to ask each other his lame questions. I did laugh when Fantasia picked up Diana in the same way Ryan picked up Zion at the finale.

The group numbers we cool. Diana may not be able to dance, but she can boogie.

Oh, and I just found a radio interview she did this Wednesday.
Save Target to Listen

Saw the Idols on ET today too. Diana was on her laptop. Hmm!
Old 07-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Saw the Idols on ET today too. Diana was on her laptop. Hmm!
Ruh-roh! Hi Diana!
Old 07-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Shannon, you know me so well. Prepare for some negativity.

I'm pissed. SO. PISSED. I feel gipped, Ryan Seacrest! Who the hell needs to hear another horribly written Tamyra song sung horribly by a horribly skinny Tamyra? Huh? HUH?!

Wait. I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start at the beginning.

First, I caught Fantasia on Good Day Live being dismissive of Diana again in her very "oblivious" way. PISSED ME THE HELL OFF.

As for On Air, I set the VCR to record the show because I knew I'd fall asleep, but my mother woke me up to tell me it was on about 8 minutes in. I turned the television on just in time to catch Diana's little solo during "Crazy in Love." The picture hadn't come up on the screen yet, but my ears have been trained to recognize her weak lower register, so that perked me right up immediately.

Diana's dancing, while still horrendously bad, was kind of hot this time. And when she sang, she SANG. I'm sorry, but with Jennifer's dancing causing her voice to go out almost completely for her solo, the only three who displayed an ability to sing in their solos today were Diana, George and La Toya. From when I turned the television on, I didn't hear from JPL, John or Jasmine, but Camile needs to get over her stage fright and Fantasia needs to learn the difference between screaming in tune, and singing.

Secondly, the questions. Ryan's own questions-in-a-box game was lame, and the three questions asked by "the fans" were lame.

Thirdly, what is up with Diana and Fantasia? Why is Diana always patting her hand as if to reassure her? Is Diana her mother?

Fourthly, if Fantasia didn't feel like singing (or "singing" as I call it) "I Believe" the whole way through, why not let someone else do it, like, I don't know... Diana. Because Diana can actually hit the notes and hold them, as well as sing all of the lyrics instead of "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," not to mention the moments when Fantasia just didn't vocalize AT ALL and left it to the back-up singers. By the time her screeching was done, I wanted to rip my damn ears off. I need to listen to 2:44 at least five hundred times just to erase the memory of what transpired today. (As an aside, are you SURE Fantasia didn't perform this already? I remember Fantasia fans telling me 100,000 times (as many as the dreams!) that she would be on later the same week Diana was.)

Fifthly, when they all sing in harmony, it is PAINFUL. Seriously, they should not do that. I wouldn't be surprised if more concert dates are cancelled after that little "preview."

Most importantly, RYAN, Diana has a single out, too, you know. Can we not pretend that she doesn't?

Now the positives:

Diana looked hot.

Diana sounded fantastic during "Where Is The Love?" and was, along with La Toya, pretty much the only person you could hear in the group numbers.

I, too, really liked when it was just George backed by JPL and his girly guitar.

For the first group number, JPL was behind Diana. For the second, Diana stood next to Jon as he played guitar. The Jonana DePeter LewGarmo love is alive and kickin'.

As for Entertainment Tonight, I don't know what "home videos" they were talking about, but the little bits of Diana were enough for me. I almost died when they showed her on the laptop. And she wore the same wonderful outfit as the E! News Live segment yesterday.

Speaking of which, I caught that this afternoon, and let me just say, that cap I posted does not do justice to the thinness of her tank top. It is LOVELY. She and the rest of the Top 4 made fun of Simon. And Diana DID threaten us, complete with... ready, Shannon?... a fist shake! Hee. The reporter said, "You don't want to mess with Diana DeGarmo." Believe me, lady, I most certainly DO want to "mess with" her. In fact, I just might make it one of my major goals in life.

On a positive but non-dirty note, Diana came in at #2 on Canada's Single Sales chart, too. Go, Di!

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Wow, FF weas done for like 20 minutes there. Anyway-

Quote:
Diana's dancing, while still horrendously bad, was kind of hot this time.
I see you're coming to the dark(er) side.

Quote:
Fifthly, when they all sing in harmony, it is PAINFUL. Seriously, they should not do that.
You know, sometimes I wonder. If America can rig every OTHER reality TV show, why can't they at least rig AI to have the finalists at least SOUND GOOD together?

Quote:
And Diana DID threaten us, complete with... ready, Shannon?... a fist shake! Hee.
BWAHA! I have this image of Kelly now... Okay, taking it to The Delly thread.

Quote:
Believe me, lady, I most certainly DO want to "mess with" her. In fact, I just might make it one of my major goals in life.
I see you now writing a list - "Number one, mess around with Diana. Number two, mess around with Kelly. Number three, have threesome with Kelly and Diana."

Quote:
On a positive but non-dirty note, Diana came in at #2 on Canada's Single Sales chart, too. Go, Di!
Wooooot!

And I'm sure she'd be number 2 here, too. You know, if they were SELLING HER SINGLE.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, and about ET... I forgot to mention that they showed Diana from behind a number of times. In jeans. With a bit of a bare back. And the pants seemed to be low cut, or hanging off of her a bit. And it was wonderful and made me forget for a second that I haven't been feeling too well the past two days.

If anyone cares for me to elaborate on the Fantasia GDL thing, I already typed up my rant.

You know what it was about the dancing? She was shaking her ass. We usually don't get that when she "boogies" or sways.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You know, sometimes I wonder. If America can rig every OTHER reality TV show, why can't they at least rig AI to have the finalists at least SOUND GOOD together?

My sister was thought they sounded awful together too. She's like "You know, there's a reason American Idol isn't about finding a group. These are solo singers. Stop torturing us!" My opinion is that the group numbers would be fine if they just gave each of them a solo with the others singing soft nearly muted backup.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaiveYetChubby
I forgot to mention that they showed Diana from behind a number of times. In jeans. With a bit of a bare back. And the pants seemed to be low cut, or hanging off of her a bit. And it was wonderful and made me forget for a second that I haven't been feeling too well the past two days.
Lord, got any caps?

Quote:
If anyone cares for me to elaborate on the Fantasia GDL thing, I already typed up my rant.
Feel free to post. I dare you to go post it in the Tasia forum at IF.

Quote:
You know what it was about the dancing? She was shaking her ass. We usually don't get that when she "boogies" or sways.
Oooh, bootay shakin'. Kel's been teaching her well.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Absolute Fan

On GDL, Fantasia was asked what it feels like to have no one challenge her win because everyone (excuse me? You mean slightly more than half the audience, Steve?) heard her and thought she was the rightful winner. I'm paraphrasing, but I promise you the wording was even more dismissive of the competition than I would have you believe.

Her response completely ignored Diana's existence. I'm sorry, but any question for Kelly worded in that manner received a response that acknowledged Justin. Any question for Ruben worded in that manner received a response that acknowledged Clay. And I knew this of Ruben even when I was sort of taking out my frustration with the show's manipulations on him, that was the one thing I always had to give him credit for: his support of Clay. Kelly and Ruben both talked as if their runners-up (as well as the rest of their respective seasons' contestants) were their equals in all but placement. Fantasia does not, ever. I can overlook the egotism displayed in her shrugging off constructive criticism if it doesn't say anything about the other contestants, but now it's spilling over into that area more and more, and Diana's taken the brunt of it due to the questions asked of her.

Hell, forget the winners. Diana, Clay, and Justin have done the same thing Kelly and Ruben have. Diana has always, always acknowledged her friends. There's no excuse here. Fantasia talking negatively about Diana and the others would be worse, of course, but that doesn't make her letting the press verbally steamroll her friends some great thing. Any bit of respect I had for Fantasia, or enjoyment I got out of watching her interviews, has been shattered, repeatedly. It may seem like a bit much to some, but I've yet to hear Fantasia give Diana a compliment that wasn't backhanded, and I've yet to hear Fantasia acknowledge Diana's showing in the finals at ALL, since the show ended. Who am I kidding? Her not caring in the LEAST about what Diana was put through during the finale was enough right there, it just irritates me more and more every time I'm stuck watching her with Diana and the rest of the group.

I'd post it in the Tasia forum at IF, but I'm not in the mood for that crap right now.

About the group numbers...Let's consider the first season, which I realize now is saved only by Kelly. Perhaps that's because she was the only one you could ever hear, aside from Nikki's off-key blaring. At least they could harmonized when it was required of them. Same thing last year. This year? Not so much.

Looking for those ET caps right now....

Old 07-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Absolute Fan

I didn't find any ET caps, so I'll make them myself. In the meantime, here's another lovely shot from E!

I was fond of that tank top before, but watching ET I realized that, coupled with the jeans, it's my favorite outfit of hers ever.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Sunshine and Bunnies are particularly entincing in that picture.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Aren't they, though?

Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Fantasia's shrieking and yeah yeah yeahing the entire last minute of IB annoyed me too.

Quote:
About the group numbers...Let's consider the first season, which I realize now is saved only by Kelly. Perhaps that's because she was the only one you could ever hear, aside from Nikki's off-key blaring. At least they could harmonized when it was required of them. Same thing last year. This year? Not so much.
True, Kelly always stands out in those group numbers. I want to shoot Nikki everytime she ruins it with her "singing."

Wireimage shots of On Air
Old 07-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Are... those... the... leather... pants?
Old 07-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't think they were leather. Love those pictures, though, especially the one with Camile.

You know, when I caught GDL, the picture was horrible and I kept losing reception. That airs on the same channel as OA, three hours earlier. I was freaking out thinking I'd miss my Diana fix, but it was fine by that time, thankfully.

Edited because the picture order seems to have rearranged.