Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny_Unfolds (View Post)
holy cow 10 years?!?! really?!?!
Yup. October, 1999. So this October is the 10th Anniversity of the premiere...

It's incredible really that we can still have long debates on this thread and board about a show that will be off the air for seven years in May. And have been started 10 years ago in October.

It shows how unique the show was. And how passionate we are still about the show.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

i still remember watching the pilot episode. man, i do love this show. there hasn't been any show like it for me.

it brought me some really amazing friends. There's so much more to Roswell than just a teen sci-fi show. I actually wrote a whole paper about it in college. 20 something pages!!

it is pretty incredible that we (well you guys haha) can still have long debates about a show that's been off air for so long. amazing.
Via Tania: Moon Sweet Moon. Out Soon.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Absolute Fan

KL pretty art! it's like a dream

wow 10 years
and we're still here
Old 01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

So I finished watching season 1 the other day. The end with Max/Liz breaking up completely reduced me to tears. It was so heartbreaking.

On a different note, I have a bunch of so not nice feelings towards Tess. She just needs to go away. Ugh!

So since hulu only airs the first season I had to run out to best buy and get seasons 2 and 3 today. Can't wait to start watching them!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Long live Max and Liz Evans!

Snow Charming
Old 01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

"I'm coming for you Liz." *Dies of fangirl joy.*
Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Absolute Fan

OMG Jordy that scene is

i love what one of the writers said about that scene

Quote:
"I love that! he's a kid! He's a kid, he doesn't care about his "destiny", he's not a captain Kirk. He doesn't care about his unseen planet he just found out about. What he cares about is a very human thing. He cares about this girl. He loves her and she loves him. It's the world to him! That's what it's primary in his mind. And I think that's what the show is about. That's what brings people to this show is this strong love between them"
(Ronald Moore about the "I'm coming for you Liz" scene- Ask Not commentary)

Last edited by *Coccy*; 01-26-2009 at 03:15 AM
Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aww... I love that commentary. He's a total Max/Liz shipper. As everyone should be.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Absolute Fan

i guess that he was he is the one who wrote ask not too
now that i think about it most of the best quotes are from R.Moore.
it's funny because he was supposed to be this writer that the WB wanted in order to get more sci.fi but then he said that what he liked more about the show were the relationships especially M&L's one and he always talked about it

i love when he says "he's not a captain Kirk." especially since Moore worked for Star Trek too
Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If only they could have balanced the relationship of Max and Liz in the second season with the science fiction aspect. I get that in the end; the year seperation was needed for both of them to grow to experience both pain, angst but also see that their was temptation out there. And answer just how great was their bond. Could they make it through. We in the end got the answer; that they could. They were soulmates and true love in every definition of the words.

As we have debated in the past about "End of the World". Wish they hadn't gone in that direction. They could have explored Max and Liz and their bond in different ways. Instead of taking it to the extreme they did with End of the World.

So many of the stories in the season 2 could have been done better.

But it amusing that Ronald Moore seem pro Max and Liz. When he was brought on just as Max and Liz were facing their greatest crisis in the second season to emphasize more on the sciene fi.

It's true that I liked Season 3 so much that it's ranked second after the first season in the list of the three seasons because they did go back to focusing on the characters, the couples. They showed that Max and Liz could have issues in their relationship but be together.

But it also just shows that Max and Liz were such a special couple. Alot of it had to do with the fantastic chemistry between Shiri and Jason. I don't know if Max and Liz could have made it with other actors playing the role. The chemistry was so apparent from even moment Max is saving her from the gunshot wound.

Shiri and Jason really sold the characters. And the relationship. Even when Max and Liz weren't together. You could see how much they wanted each other. Max melted whenever he saw Liz. And Liz, you could tell ached to be with Max.

Awww...I loved them so much.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

That commentary is just

Snow Charming
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey Destiny_Unfolds!

Love the art Ken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Very true. She never did trust Tess. If not for the fact that Future Max had told that he was trying to prevent death and destruction fourteen hence...she might not have believed him. But Max is her weak spot. It's hard for her not to believe him. So she felt it was believable that without Tess; the four square would be weaker. So if they had her in the group... it would be better. She didn't want to hurt the future. So she believed him. And changed the timeline. And course it started a new path that ultimately led to Alex's death.
It's true that Max was Liz's weak spot and she would do anything to help him. I would have preferred her telling Max the truth and going from there, but Liz had to live and learn.

Quote:
Which is why I think she was so grief stricken when he died and was so determined to show that it wasn't suicide and that it was murder. Because she had changed the timeline. Her actions started the path. And I think she felt very guilty.
Liz did feel very guilty over Alex's death. Knowing that Alex danced at her and Max's wedding in the first time line and died in the second because of her messing with it took its toll.

Quote:
True. When you boil it down. You can probably think that Liz needed to stay a virgin for awhile longer. She needed to wait. Why? Because she would change in the aftermath of the timeline change. But because "cementing" anything with Max would be a big deal for both of them. And it needed to be the right time. Not just like any other teenager who would do it on a date or in place of going somewhere. Cementing between Max and Liz was a big deal.

It caused a lot of angst for Max and Liz. Maria and the orb stopped them in "Sexual Healing". And Future Max stopped them in "End of the World". Yeah, it maybe was that she needed to wait.
TPTB certainly made a big deal out of Liz keeping her virginity. FMax told Liz that after they cemented/made love they became inseparable and Tess left town. We never saw Max and Liz make love, but they did become husband and wife. I believe Max and Liz were bonded since the Pilot episode when he healed her. Them making love would only further establish their bond that started with a touch of Max's hand.

Quote:
If only they could have balanced the relationship of Max and Liz in the second season with the science fiction aspect. I get that in the end; the year seperation was needed for both of them to grow to experience both pain, angst but also see that their was temptation out there. And answer just how great was their bond. Could they make it through. We in the end got the answer; that they could. They were soulmates and true love in every definition of the words.

As we have debated in the past about "End of the World". Wish they hadn't gone in that direction. They could have explored Max and Liz and their bond in different ways. Instead of taking it to the extreme they did with End of the World.

So many of the stories in the season 2 could have been done better.
I completely agree with you!

Quote:
But it also just shows that Max and Liz were such a special couple. Alot of it had to do with the fantastic chemistry between Shiri and Jason. I don't know if Max and Liz could have made it with other actors playing the role. The chemistry was so apparent from even moment Max is saving her from the gunshot wound.

Shiri and Jason really sold the characters. And the relationship. Even when Max and Liz weren't together. You could see how much they wanted each other. Max melted whenever he saw Liz. And Liz, you could tell ached to be with Max.

Jason and Shiri were amazing as Max and Liz! Watching their scenes til this day still makes me swoon.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Quote:
But it amusing that Ronald Moore seem pro Max and Liz. When he was brought on just as Max and Liz were facing their greatest crisis in the second season to emphasize more on the sciene fi.
really
he even said that he joined the cast because he liked Liz's character and Shiri Appleby
in the commentary he said that he ha told her at a wb party and she was embarrassed or something like that

Ronald Moore didn't even write the dreamer episodes so it's not that he could be "biased" (well.. he wrote graduation and chant down babylon and these are very dreamer) but he loved them it' undeniable.
he always talked about them and he clearly said that they were his fav characters when they asked him.

i believe that he was another proof of how you don't have to get rid of love and friendships in order to have more sci-fi

Quote:
It's true that I liked Season 3 so much that it's ranked second after the first season in the list of the three seasons because they did go back to focusing on the characters, the couples. They showed that Max and Liz could have issues in their relationship but be together.

you know with a friend of mine we were talking about actors and what they say about their characters and their relationships
i'm surprised because so many actors didn't understand their characters and the couples.
with Jason and Shiri we're lucky because they totally got their characters
we can say that they were dreamers too

i agree other actors couldn't be the same. they have an amazing chemistry
i hope that they will work together again because they're hot beyond scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sonia E.*~ (View Post)

TPTB certainly made a big deal out of Liz keeping her virginity. FMax told Liz that after they cemented/made love they became inseparable and Tess left town. We never saw Max and Liz make love, but they did become husband and wife. I believe Max and Liz were bonded since the Pilot episode when he healed her. Them making love would only further establish their bond that started with a touch of Max's hand.
ITA
if the meaning of marriage is always the same then they were married from the very beginning when they made a choice and they saw each other souls.
making love was a plus but not the way they got together and i'm glad of it.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
On a different note, I have a bunch of so not nice feelings towards Tess. She just needs to go away. Ugh!
You're not the only one. And poor Alex, he didn't deserve that fate.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Addicted Fan

the title, so true
Max and Liz faced many trials and never gave up and so deserved the eternal happiness

that commentary quote is making me squee , expecially the He loves her and she loves him. It's the world to him! -> simple and perfect phrasing of the meaning of the show

Coccy the parallel banner the pics match and it's not random at all for me

Quote:
you know with a friend of mine we were talking about actors and what they say about their characters and their relationships
i'm surprised because so many actors didn't understand their characters and the couples.
with Jason and Shiri we're lucky because they totally got their characters
we can say that they were dreamers too

i agree other actors couldn't be the same. they have an amazing chemistry
i hope that they will work together again because they're hot beyond scripts.

Shiri and Jason understood what they were filming, their characters and the overall story, they were smart
other actors don't seem to be that smart and someone is making me want to smash my head on a wall sometimes
Jason and Shiri rocked even in this thing, not only in the chemistry department. Seeing them together in a movie or something is my dream too!

dream on

G

Last edited by _gloria; 01-27-2009 at 05:32 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread