Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aw...Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I watched Leaving Normal last night and I loved how she called him when her grandma was sick and then the hug shared later on. *Releases big blissful sigh* I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the first kiss comes soon. i can't wait to see that!

Also the banner is sooo pretty. Forehead kisses are always adorable.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is indeed a pretty piece of work. Excellent job coccy. Max and Liz had such a special connection. A pure love. It got tested throughout the series and some points were pretty low. But they were amazing together. I have never seen another couple like them.

Max was so tender with Liz. They were so beautiful and cute to watch.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I just took one of those which character on Roswell are you most like on BuddyTV.com and I ended up being like Liz
I got Liz too. I'm not exactly like Liz but I relate to her, though I would have told a few people to take a flying leap off the nearest bridge.

Quote:
Future Max is just a bit absurd if he really thought that would make Max stop loving Liz. I mean of course it made him angry but his first instinct was actually disbelief. He couldn't believe that Liz would do that to him even though they weren't together. He trusted Liz and he just knew that Liz would never stomp on his heart like that. So then after Liz confirmed it he went to anger and then after awhile he still wanted to be friends with her, to protect her, to be there for her. It was only natural. Liz was such a big part of his life, a big reason why he became the person that he was so he couldn't stay away from her and he just couldn't stop loving her.
Natural is a word that describes Max and Liz perfectly. They saw into each other's soul and shared a deep connection, but falling in love came as natural as breathing to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Especially since Michael and Isabel could disregard the destiny proclaimation at their will. But Max had to follow through on it. It's not like Isabel or Michael forced him. But the it fell as a burden on Max as the leader of the group. The expectations on him to be the leader, the be on top of everything. And even from his parents to be the perfect son. So when he fell off that pedastal with the arrest in Season 3...it caused Max to deal with those damn expectations on him. Finally deciding after dying that he would allow everyone to deal with their own decision and he abdicated the throne in the finale and allowed everyone to make their own minds up about what they wanted to do. He was just a boy. And everyone expected him to be perfect and to lead.
Neither Michael nor Isabel wanted to talk/think about 'destiny' because they were in denial about what it meant for them. Michael and Isabel were both fine when Max was leading and it was beneficial to them. Otherwise, when they didn't agree with Max's leadership skills it was every alien hybrid for themselves.

Quote:
That is what made Max and Liz so unique is that it was never easy for them. They had so few happy times but the bond and the love was there for eternity. They wouldn't never stop loving each other; even as they went through some horrific times and amazing obstacles that would have split any other couple.
So true.

Quote:
Yeah, it would have been interesting to see what they had to say. They respected Max and Liz's love. But they were never very comfortable with Liz. Probably because she was an outsider coming into the secret. Although I think Michael and Liz became closer as time went on. And Isabel had so few girlfriends by the time she got married that Liz and Maria were her bridemaids by default LOL. I think they all became closer as time went on. But yeah in the beginning; neither Isabel or Michael appreciated Liz. Although I think Michael appreciated that Liz never told Max that Michael took her diary.
Liz was definitely Isabel's bridesmaid by default. I believe Isabel and Michael always knew how Max felt about Liz and were jealous. Then when Liz became a big part of Max's life, they accepted it as time went on. Plus later on Michael and Isabel were busy with Maria and Alex and their own alien/human relationships. I don't know if Liz ever told Max later on about Michael stealing her journal, but she didn't tell Max in the beginning because it would have caused more tension between Max and Michael.

Quote:
That is a tough one. Because I can't see them keeping a secret like that from Max but if they felt it was better for Max not to know. But I am sure it would have been out sooner if three people knew; Isabel, Michael and Liz. Somehow it would have slipped before it actually did. Usually when more than one person knows something; it is harder to keep it a secret.
Liz told Maria about FMax, but Liz's virginity was the only thing important out of that conversation. I wonder if Maria knew that Michael had died 25 minutes before FMax landed on Liz's balcony, would have made a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coccy* (View Post)
picspam:
Liz: Dear max, it's so horrible and so unjust to pass you in school and have to wonder whether some teacher's going to call my father. But no matter how hard my parents try, nothing can keep us apart. I love you, and even when I can't see you in the day, I see you at night in my dreams.
And I have been. Dreaming about you. Over and over, it's you and me holding hands and flying through the night. I know it sounds cornball, but it isn't. It's amazing, like superman and Lois lane in the first movie. You know, the good one.
Love the picspam! I also love how Liz used Ava's word 'cornball' in her letter to Max.

Quote:
Max: Whoo! Come on in. It's beautiful.
Liz: No, it's not. It is obviously freezing.
Max: Come on, Liz. This is something we'll tell our grandchildren about. Come on in, Liz. Come on.
Love the caps! Maybe Max could tell the future like Liz could? He wanted to tell their grandchildren about their skinny dipping.

Quote:
the pic i used for the polaroid banner is kinda magic i always loved the effect of that scene. the absence of light makes them appear like if they're a one being
Lovely banner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy4189 (View Post)
Aw...Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I watched Leaving Normal last night and I loved how she called him when her grandma was sick and then the hug shared later on. *Releases big blissful sigh* I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the first kiss comes soon. i can't wait to see that!
Welcome Jordy4189! Cute icon!

LN is a favorite eppy of mine and so special for Max and Liz. Awww, just thinking about Max and Liz's first kiss gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

#10 for me.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Max & Liz
Season 3 Survivor

This survivor is dedicated to the amazing moments of Max and Liz from Roswell during Season 3. The moments are set up in a particular order (by episode) and will be eliminated by which has the most votes. Each episode will have to gain the most amount of votes after four-six have voted in order to be eliminated. You can only vote once per round. There are a total of 18 rounds. Let the games begin!

Round Fifteen

#1 - 3x01 Busted!

#2 - 3x02 Michael, The Guys and The Great Snapple Caper
Voted Out Round Thirteen

#3 – 3x03 Significant Others
Voted Out Round Eight

#4 - 3x04 Secret and Lies
Voted Out Round Three

#5 - 3x05 Control
Voted Out Round Six

#6 - 3x06 To Have and To Hold
Voted Out Round Eight

#7 - 3x07 Interruptus
Voted Out Round One

#8 - 3x08 Behind the Music
Voted Out Round Two

#9 – 3x09 Samuel Rising
Voted Out Round Ten

#10 - 3x10 A Tale of Two Parties
Voted Out Round Fourteen

#11 - 3x11 I Married an Alien
Voted Out Round Four

#12 - 3x12 Ch-Ch-Changes

#13 – 3x13 Panacea
Voted Out Round Five

#14 - 3x14 Chant Down Babylon

#15 - 3x15 Who Died and Made You King
Voted Out Round Nine

#16 - 3x16 Crash
Voted Out Round Eleven

#17 - 3x17 Four Aliens and a Baby
Voted Out Round Twelve

#18 - 3x18 Graduation

Remember to vote for your LEAST Favorite
Remember to think about the Max\Liz moments only, not the episode as a whole.

#10 - 4
#12 - 2

#10 is out, sadly

Hi, Lessie & Fool4Love20

Love the banner, Coccy! I think I'm going to put it in the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy4189 (View Post)
We'll try not to spoil you on that since it's kind of like the anticipation of waiting for the kiss made it even better. I love the hug that they share in Leaving Normal! It's so adorable.

Perfection

I guess I'll be going w/ #12 again. Obviously a really hard choice b\c #12 is a great episode even though it's sad and tragic.

#12 - 1

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Absolute Fan

i vote for 12 too
we have a trilogy and between changes and chant down babylon i love more cdb

Max is protective by nature. forehead kisses can be a symbol of this

leaving normal
notice: both Max and Liz cried only into each other arms
other people saw them crying but they cried only into each other arms especially Liz who isn't always able to cry (have you noticed it? she always wants to be stronger and she hide her pain inside her)

look at the parallel with those caps about ln

i even used this embrace in order to represent a scene between Max and Liz from the original books

click for the original
+

the quotes i used are from the scenes itself. It's kinda the books' version of chant down babylon. In the scene Max and Liz molecules "embraced" and joined in the universe (literally. i don't know how they could have made it in the show too!) that's the way Liz saved Max's life in the books. His molecules were spread everywhere and he was vanished. But they found hers and they joined.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

I still vote #12
Old 01-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
leaving normal
notice: both Max and Liz cried only into each other arms
other people saw them crying but they cried only into each other arms especially Liz who isn't always able to cry (have you noticed it? she always wants to be stronger and she hide her pain inside her)

look at the parallel with those caps about ln
Love the caps, the arts, and the parallel between Max and Liz!

It's true that Max and Liz cried in front of other people, but only cried in each other's arms. I loved how Max touched her lips in LN telling her not to say anything, and Liz just melted in his arms. Liz always held in her emotions before it became too much and exploded. She really got to me at the end of CYN when she broke down looking at pictures of Alex.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Absolute Fan

that one from cry your name is a good example
even when Max died she comforted Maria while she was petrified because she had felt it and she had no doubts
Old 01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sonia E.*~ (View Post)
I got Liz too. I'm not exactly like Liz but I relate to her, though I would have told a few people to take a flying leap off the nearest bridge.
I didn't mind Liz. She didn't make some wise choices in her life. But of course she was a teenagers. And teenagers make mistakes. Hopefully they grow from them; which she did in the end. I am not sure I would be her friend if I knew her; just because she was different person than me.

But then on many things; she was just a simple small town girl who was headed to a bright academic life but was awaken to a whole new life and a new love that gave her a whole new and sometimes complicated life. But it balanced her in a new way.

True. If we had known any of those characters personally. We would all probably have some choice things to say. And not all pleasant.

Quote:
Natural is a word that describes Max and Liz perfectly. They saw into each other's soul and shared a deep connection, but falling in love came as natural as breathing to them.
They made it seem so easy. I wish all guys could be like Max. And all loves could be all accompassing as Max and Liz. Sure Max had a dark side. And it got harry at times for Max and Liz. But their love and bond was so pure and magical; that it was just unbelievable. No other couple on television seem as bonded as they two were. It was just so natural.

Quote:
Neither Michael nor Isabel wanted to talk/think about 'destiny' because they were in denial about what it meant for them. Michael and Isabel were both fine when Max was leading and it was beneficial to them. Otherwise, when they didn't agree with Max's leadership skills it was every alien hybrid for themselves.
True. But then that often happens with leadership. You're quite happy when the choices being made affect you in a positive way but when they don't - you go your own way. Isabel and Michael didn't always want to listen to Max. I don't think Max would have wanted to listen to himself if he had the choice.

I agree about destiny. It was easy to disregard it. But it just made stupid that Max had to follow it; if Michael and Isabel could disregard it if they wanted.

Quote:
Liz was definitely Isabel's bridesmaid by default. I believe Isabel and Michael always knew how Max felt about Liz and were jealous. Then when Liz became a big part of Max's life, they accepted it as time went on. Plus later on Michael and Isabel were busy with Maria and Alex and their own alien/human relationships. I don't know if Liz ever told Max later on about Michael stealing her journal, but she didn't tell Max in the beginning because it would have caused more tension between Max and Michael.
It was sad really that Isabel seemed so popular at the beginning of the series. But by the time of her wedding day; she could only rely on Liz and Maria. Sure she wanted a quick wedding. But it just showed how much the alien chaos had changed them all. Not one of them was unchanged by it all. But then I liked that she turned to Liz and Maria. Their reaction to her wedding annoucement was hilarious.

I don't think Liz ever told Max about the real diary thief. If she did; it was in private with the promise that Max wouldn't take it out on Michael. It might have caused more tension between Max and Michael. And I don't think she would have wanted it. But it showed that Michael despite his apprehension in Liz; did grow in his trust with Liz. And the group did become closer as time went on.

Quote:
Liz told Maria about FMax, but Liz's virginity was the only thing important out of that conversation. I wonder if Maria knew that Michael had died 25 minutes before FMax landed on Liz's balcony, would have made a difference?
Might have. Maria would have been appalled by the idea that Michael was dead. She might have been curious to know if she had been in the picture. Which we don't know really, if Maria was still in their lives. But yeah she would have been right with Liz if she knew Michael had been killed and that is why Future Max came back. She might haved helped if she could.

Quote:
Love the caps! Maybe Max could tell the future like Liz could? He wanted to tell their grandchildren about their skinny dipping.
Just loved that he brought up children. You just knew he was dreaming of the day they could have their own kids. But of course Liz was stuck on if it was possible. It was a cute scene. Then Max had to ruin it by almost drowning before Liz got in to play...

Quote:
Awww, just thinking about Max and Liz's first kiss gives me warm fuzzy feelings.
It was such a special moment. Hot, passionate. But so real too. Just love how they went in for more...

--------------

I love those caps... it showed how tender they were with each other and how they could comfort each other even when their emotions were all over and were worried about other things. Liz knew Max was troubled and she went to him even though she was still stewing about his conduct in California.

About the contest....

DAMN. I don't know what to pick. I guess with what is left. I HAVE TO pick.

#12.

Damn I loved "Ch-Ch-Changes" so much.... but I loved Busted, Chant Down Babylon and Graduation so much more....

So I pick #12.

Last edited by Jasper1975; 01-20-2009 at 10:26 AM
Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Max & Liz
Season 3 Survivor

This survivor is dedicated to the amazing moments of Max and Liz from Roswell during Season 3. The moments are set up in a particular order (by episode) and will be eliminated by which has the most votes. Each episode will have to gain the most amount of votes after four-six have voted in order to be eliminated. You can only vote once per round. There are a total of 18 rounds. Let the games begin!

Round Sixteen

#1 - 3x01 Busted!

#2 - 3x02 Michael, The Guys and The Great Snapple Caper
Voted Out Round Thirteen

#3 – 3x03 Significant Others
Voted Out Round Eight

#4 - 3x04 Secret and Lies
Voted Out Round Three

#5 - 3x05 Control
Voted Out Round Six

#6 - 3x06 To Have and To Hold
Voted Out Round Eight

#7 - 3x07 Interruptus
Voted Out Round One

#8 - 3x08 Behind the Music
Voted Out Round Two

#9 – 3x09 Samuel Rising
Voted Out Round Ten

#10 - 3x10 A Tale of Two Parties
Voted Out Round Fourteen

#11 - 3x11 I Married an Alien
Voted Out Round Four

#12 - 3x12 Ch-Ch-Changes
Voted Out Round Fifteen

#13 – 3x13 Panacea
Voted Out Round Five

#14 - 3x14 Chant Down Babylon

#15 - 3x15 Who Died and Made You King
Voted Out Round Nine

#16 - 3x16 Crash
Voted Out Round Eleven

#17 - 3x17 Four Aliens and a Baby
Voted Out Round Twelve

#18 - 3x18 Graduation

Remember to vote for your LEAST Favorite
Remember to think about the Max\Liz moments only, not the episode as a whole.

#12 - 5

#12 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sonia E.*~ (View Post)
It's true that Max and Liz cried in front of other people, but only cried in each other's arms. I loved how Max touched her lips in LN telling her not to say anything, and Liz just melted in his arms. Liz always held in her emotions before it became too much and exploded. She really got to me at the end of CYN when she broke down looking at pictures of Alex.
I think it also has to do w/ the fact that she's always trying to control situations. She's feeling the pain but she feels like she has to be there for other people, helping other people get through the pain such as w/ Alex's death. She has to control her feelings, keep them inside. I think when she's around Max she feels like she can let her guard down and just feel everything b\c he will be there for her. Max is always suppose to be the leader, tough, strong and be able to handle everything. Once again, he's able to be open about how he's feeling around Liz w/o worrying about being judged by her.

I never really noticed the parallels until you posted those caps and then I looked up at the caps I posted. They're strikingly similar. I wonder if they did that on purpose!

Wow, so we're on our Top 3 episode of Season 3! I have no idea what to pick here, it's so tough.

Busted - rekindling of M\L. We're in this together Max, that's what we said. Together until the end. - Dating again - I want to make your dreams come true. Will you let me do that? - Max stripping - Liz deciding that she was going to help Max - Hot make-out scenes - Bonnie and Clyde-ish type vibes - EVERYTHING!

Chant Down Babylon - Liz knows that Max is dead w/o even having to hear confirmation from Roswell - getting drunk b\c she can't take the pain of losing Max - Max in Clayton's body can't forget Liz, needs Liz - Max\Clayton finds Liz and they kiss and you can see that glimmer in his eyes like I'm lost, I'm in here but I'm lost and the only way back for me is Liz - Max telling Liz to kill him b\c that's the only way that Clayton won't kill her - them falling and Max using his shield to save Liz - Liz kissing Max and bringing him back to her.

Graduation - "Got it hot for some local waitress?" "That's the rumor." - Liz getting premonitions when she kisses Max - more make-out scenes - Max saying that he'll come w/ her to the Northwestern - Max proposes to Liz and Liz says yes - "Forever may only be twelve days" "Then we'll take those twelve days and we'll live twelve lifetimes" - shared look at graduation - going off together w/ the gang - getting married!

Hmm, I think I'm going to go w/ #18. Hard choices here though!

#18 - 1

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't pick. I really can't. Every one of those episodes I LOVE so much.

Busted. Twisted, warped Max and Liz. Bonnie and Clyde Max and Liz. We saw the connection of rebels. Honor roll kids turned criminals but bonded and weren't letting go....

Chant Down Babylon - The ultimate sacrifice took place. My God, Max sacrificed any possibity of coming back to Liz for Liz to live. And Liz's kiss that brought back her prince to life.

Graduation. Love conqueres all. The ultimate committment. They were on the road to their future together; whatever that means. And they married. We saw their official wedding.

I can't make this choice. I really can't.

But if I have to...

I will go with #1. I LOVE Busted. Max and Liz were in a new element. We saw them back together. Like we never saw them before. Bonnie and Clyde Max and Liz. We saw a attitude in Liz we never saw before. And we saw how far Max had alienated his family. He was out on his own by the end of the episode.

But I just can't vote out the love, the ultimate sacrifice and the happily ever after that existed in the other episodes. I just can't.

So I say and vote #1 - Busted.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I didn't mind Liz. She didn't make some wise choices in her life. But of course she was a teenagers. And teenagers make mistakes. Hopefully they grow from them; which she did in the end. I am not sure I would be her friend if I knew her; just because she was different person than me.
I don't know if I would be Liz's friend either, but I like down-to-earth, nice, and relatable people who never try to be something that they're not. And that's how I saw Liz's character, a small town girl with a heart of gold that made mistakes and bad choices.

Quote:
But then on many things; she was just a simple small town girl who was headed to a bright academic life but was awaken to a whole new life and a new love that gave her a whole new and sometimes complicated life. But it balanced her in a new way.
Great description!

Quote:
True. If we had known any of those characters personally. We would all probably have some choice things to say. And not all pleasant.
I would have definitely given a few characters some home truths. ALL the characters made mistakes and bad choices, not only Max and Liz.

Quote:
They made it seem so easy. I wish all guys could be like Max. And all loves could be all accompassing as Max and Liz. Sure Max had a dark side. And it got harry at times for Max and Liz. But their love and bond was so pure and magical; that it was just unbelievable. No other couple on television seem as bonded as they two were. It was just so natural.
Yeah...

Quote:
True. But then that often happens with leadership. You're quite happy when the choices being made affect you in a positive way but when they don't - you go your own way. Isabel and Michael didn't always want to listen to Max. I don't think Max would have wanted to listen to himself if he had the choice.
It's funny that Isabel and Michael had no problem volunteering Max for his leadership qualities before finding out that he was 'king.' Who knows, maybe it was an aspect of their alien DNA?

Quote:
I agree about destiny. It was easy to disregard it. But it just made stupid that Max had to follow it; if Michael and Isabel could disregard it if they wanted.
Very stupid!

Quote:
It was sad really that Isabel seemed so popular at the beginning of the series. But by the time of her wedding day; she could only rely on Liz and Maria. Sure she wanted a quick wedding. But it just showed how much the alien chaos had changed them all. Not one of them was unchanged by it all. But then I liked that she turned to Liz and Maria. Their reaction to her wedding annoucement was hilarious.
I'm surprised that Liz didn't bring up Alex when Isabel was talking about marrying a guy so soon after his death. But the only time Liz mentioned Alex was in Busted, with that dumb line to Max on the docks.

Quote:
Might have. Maria would have been appalled by the idea that Michael was dead. She might have been curious to know if she had been in the picture. Which we don't know really, if Maria was still in their lives. But yeah she would have been right with Liz if she knew Michael had been killed and that is why Future Max came back. She might haved helped if she could.
You best believe that if Maria knew about 'her' relationship with Michael being affected in the future, Liz's virginity would have been the least important thing out of that convo.

Quote:
Just loved that he brought up children. You just knew he was dreaming of the day they could have their own kids. But of course Liz was stuck on if it was possible. It was a cute scene. Then Max had to ruin it by almost drowning before Liz got in to play...
Max didn't mean to ruin it, he received an SOS from his son. He better be glad that Liz was there to save him from drowning.

Quote:
It was such a special moment. Hot, passionate. But so real too. Just love how they went in for more...
It was perfectly beautiful.

Quote:
I think it also has to do w/ the fact that she's always trying to control situations. She's feeling the pain but she feels like she has to be there for other people, helping other people get through the pain such as w/ Alex's death. She has to control her feelings, keep them inside. I think when she's around Max she feels like she can let her guard down and just feel everything b\c he will be there for her. Max is always suppose to be the leader, tough, strong and be able to handle everything. Once again, he's able to be open about how he's feeling around Liz w/o worrying about being judged by her.
So true.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

#1 - 2
#18 - 1

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Absolute Fan

It's really hard to vote, but I'll make it more complicated

Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Absolute Fan

i vote for 1
i love busted but graduation is perfection and chant down babylon gave me something that no other couple and tv-show gave me. too profound.
he survived for her, he died for her, she felt him, she saved him. even after his original body was a puddle of dust he still protected her and did everything for her. it's amazing.

graduation.. well the last episode. the best proposal ever with the best quote ever. the make outs, their precious wedding
Closed Thread   Post New Thread