Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's who we don't want to win, ya
#14 - 6
I think 6 votes is pretty much a landslide so #14 is out!

The winner is #18 - Graduation!

Yay!! I'll put the results up in the OP right now.

Coccy, that banner is gorgeous! You're always thinking about the parallels you're always on your toes about that. I always wonder if they mean to write the show that way and mean to do those types of things to see if the fans recognize it or we just kind of see what we want to see.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Gorgeous banner! Aw I still love this couple to death!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Love the art Coccy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Yup. She made mistakes. She wasn't perfect. She didn't out and out hurt people. She tried to be their friends. Except for people like Tess who she knew was iffy in the first place. But she was basically a good girl. I really have no problems with Liz except some of her decisions.
Liz said that she never trusted Tess from the beginning, but she trusted a future version of Max telling her that Tess was needed for Earth's survival. It's true that Tess saved the gang at times, but she also murdered a good guy in her plan to get what she wanted.

Quote:
Yup. Because they didn't want to be leader of the little group. So they had Max as the unofficial leader but of course they soon chaffed under it. Michael was the classic soldier even before finding out his roles. But he also didn't always want to be led. But then when he had the choice; he looked up to Max to make the decisions.
True. Neither Isabel nor Michael wanted to lead, they pushed Max for the job until they didn't like his decisions. At least Michael admitted to Valenti that he was getting on Max's case about leading, but he didn't know anything about being a leader himself. Of course Michael's leadership under the seal's influence had me laughing, but I agreed with Kyle's sentiments exactly.

Quote:
She was probably thinking of it. But the way Isabel made the decision. Liz and Maria were probably in shock. And didn't have time to think about it. Only Kyle knew about Isabel and Jesse before the engagement. No one in the group did, or Isabel's parents. They were probably thinking it was classic rebound but they didn't know Isabel and Jesse and Liz knew from her situation with Max. You can suddenly fall in love for someone. We know it was classic rebound for Isabel and Jesse. But who knows, what the others were thinking.
Liz probably was in shock about Isabel's wedding announcement so soon after Alex's death. Isabel told Alex's ghost in CYN that she loved him. Then in SO she told Alex's ghost that "she never felt this way before," meaning her feelings for Jesse. It might have been classic rebound for Isabel, but her professing her love to Jesse and marrying him was a very big step.

Quote:
Yup. But because she didn't. She reacted like a teenager and Liz's virginity was the bigger thing to her than Future Max's arrival on Earth.
True. It leads me to believe that Liz keeping her "virginity" was the most important thing that saved the world. In a way it's good that FMax went to Liz, though I didn't like the story line. Seeing Isabel and Michael's take on FMax would have been good. Even Liz talking to Alex about FMax was something that I would have liked to see. Kyle was already a part of the FMax saga because Liz lied to and used him to break Max's heart. And Maria's reaction to someone from the future coming back in time was nonchalant and no biggie, for her it was "you know, an alien thing."

Quote:
The bond was amazing between them. They were true soulmates. That we saw them married; even though they were on the run. Oh my god; that was the perfect send off. Even though they were running for their lives. The knowledge they made that final committment.
It was amazing knowing that Max and Liz made that final commitment to each other as husband and wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coccy* (View Post)
i remember that one of the writers said (in one of the commentaries ) that it was a scene they made for the opening credits it was like a summary of what the main plot was about: the forbidden love between the alien in love with the human

i always loved it
I've always loved the S1 promos/scenes with Max and Liz too.

Credit: Owners

Awww, Graduation is the winner for S3!

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Absolute Fan

for graduation!

no more survivors now?

we could make some survivors about kisses, hugs, hands, looks, quotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
It's who we don't want to win, ya
#14 - 6
I think 6 votes is pretty much a landslide so #14 is out!

The winner is #18 - Graduation!

Yay!! I'll put the results up in the OP right now.

Coccy, that banner is gorgeous! You're always thinking about the parallels you're always on your toes about that. I always wonder if they mean to write the show that way and mean to do those types of things to see if the fans recognize it or we just kind of see what we want to see.
i love parallels
i don't know if the writers made them on purpose but i love that they are there
Old 01-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Adorable banner, Coccy.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Love the OP Kem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coccy* (View Post)
we could make some survivors about kisses, hugs, hands, looks, quotes!
That's a great idea.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm so happy "Graduation" won.

"...so we'll take those 12 days and we'll live 12 lifetimes."

StefanElena.BrookeLucas.PaceyJoey.MaxLiz.BuffyAngel
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Absolute Fan

a video with all their scenes from graduation!

she only missed the scene with the good bye look

but here you go

the way they looked at each other doesn't need words

You arrive and the night is alive
Yeah, you are a shining light
Yeah, you light up my life

We made our connection
A full on chemical reaction
Brought by dark divine intervention

You are a force, you are a constant source
Yeah you are a shining light
Incandescent in the darkest night
Yeah you are shining light
My mortal blood I would sacrifice
For you are a shining light
Sovereign bride of the infinite
Yeah, you light up my life

their new wedding song is perfect isn't it?

and here a clip from chant down babylon

i like Neva Dinova "Did You Disappoint Your God?" but i loved save yourself more
Old 01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The banner of the beginning and the end was gorgeous. WOW. When you see the images; sometimes you forget how similiar those events were. And in a way they made Max and Liz. They cemented their relationship. Changed who they were. For the good. Unbelieavable. Max saved Liz that day in the Crashdown and Liz saved Max with a kiss in Vermont.

Awww. Graduation won. I suspected it would. But it was a hard choice; the silver and bronze medal were excellent episodes. I would have been happy if any of them had one. But "Graduation" was the picture of the perfect finale. And a happy ending for Max and Liz. We got an unbelievably unique and romantic proposal and little glimpse of their special wedding. Can't beat that.

But Max and Liz showed what true love and soulmates were really like. Sometimes soulmates aren't destined to be together. But they were truly meant for each other and no one else could match what each brought to the other.

They were incredibly unique. God I loved them.

Quote:
Liz said that she never trusted Tess from the beginning, but she trusted a future version of Max telling her that Tess was needed for Earth's survival. It's true that Tess saved the gang at times, but she also murdered a good guy in her plan to get what she wanted.
Very true. She never did trust Tess. If not for the fact that Future Max had told that he was trying to prevent death and destruction fourteen hence...she might not have believed him. But Max is her weak spot. It's hard for her not to believe him. So she felt it was believable that without Tess; the four square would be weaker. So if they had her in the group... it would be better. She didn't want to hurt the future. So she believed him. And changed the timeline. And course it started a new path that ultimately led to Alex's death.

Which is why I think she was so grief stricken when he died and was so determined to show that it wasn't suicide and that it was murder. Because she had changed the timeline. Her actions started the path. And I think she felt very guilty.

Quote:
True. Neither Isabel nor Michael wanted to lead, they pushed Max for the job until they didn't like his decisions. At least Michael admitted to Valenti that he was getting on Max's case about leading, but he didn't know anything about being a leader himself. Of course Michael's leadership under the seal's influence had me laughing, but I agreed with Kyle's sentiments exactly.
Kyle's quip about being in a group led by Michael was hilarious and true. I love Michael but was not a good leader. Sure he was hopped up on the power of the seal and dealing with Max's miracle reserrection and his breakup and on and off status with Maria. But I wouldn't want Michael to be my leader.

Quote:
True. It leads me to believe that Liz keeping her "virginity" was the most important thing that saved the world. In a way it's good that FMax went to Liz, though I didn't like the story line. Seeing Isabel and Michael's take on FMax would have been good. Even Liz talking to Alex about FMax was something that I would have liked to see. Kyle was already a part of the FMax saga because Liz lied to and used him to break Max's heart. And Maria's reaction to someone from the future coming back in time was nonchalant and no biggie, for her it was "you know, an alien thing."
True. When you boil it down. You can probably think that Liz needed to stay a virgin for awhile longer. She needed to wait. Why? Because she would change in the aftermath of the timeline change. But because "cementing" anything with Max would be a big deal for both of them. And it needed to be the right time. Not just like any other teenager who would do it on a date or in place of going somewhere. Cementing between Max and Liz was a big deal.

It caused a lot of angst for Max and Liz. Maria and the orb stopped them in "Sexual Healing". And Future Max stopped them in "End of the World". Yeah, it maybe was that she needed to wait.

Hmmm...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the scenes! And the lyrics are beautiful.

StefanElena.BrookeLucas.PaceyJoey.MaxLiz.BuffyAngel
Old 01-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The banner of the beginning and the end was gorgeous. WOW. When you see the images; sometimes you forget how similiar those events were. And in a way they made Max and Liz. They cemented their relationship. Changed who they were. For the good. Unbelieavable. Max saved Liz that day in the Crashdown and Liz saved Max with a kiss in Vermont.
Max and Liz are what i can really call reciprocal love

Quote:
True. When you boil it down. You can probably think that Liz needed to stay a virgin for awhile longer. She needed to wait. Why? Because she would change in the aftermath of the timeline change. But because "cementing" anything with Max would be a big deal for both of them. And it needed to be the right time. Not just like any other teenager who would do it on a date or in place of going somewhere. Cementing between Max and Liz was a big deal.

It caused a lot of angst for Max and Liz. Maria and the orb stopped them in "Sexual Healing". And Future Max stopped them in "End of the World". Yeah, it maybe was that she needed to wait.

there was this fanfiction where they discovered that Liz really needed to wait because she was changing in order to be Max's mate. Basically he transformed her when he saved her, he made her his. (remember the cut prophecy from max in the city)
i thought that the idea was believable
cementing was a big deal for them, this is sure. and Liz needed time in order to change, in order to discover her powers and accept them.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

On a fateful September day.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

ahh, still love this show so much
Via Tania: Moon Sweet Moon. Out Soon.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Roswell was such a special show. I miss it to this day. I would have loved to know what would have happened to gang on the road. If Max and Liz had children. What they were. If Maria ever got Michael to marry her. If Isabel and Kyle would fall for each othe or did Kyle find his soulmate like Liz and Maria had...

I think what makes the show so special is the fact the show was given the proper ending in case the show didn't come back. We saw Max and Liz have their happy end; abeit fleeing from danger. But we saw the group together...planning to help others and keep out of the law's hands.

Some shows never have that final episode that closes the majority of the threads. That says good-bye. On Roswell; we did. Some remained opened but the majority of them were closed. And we got a sense that it was the end of one journey and the start of a new chapter in the lives of the gang.

I appreciate that. Despite the issues with Season 3 that fans had. They either loved it hated it. I liked that it got back to basics. We saw the characters we fell in love with. And in the end; they ended Roswell with a prior ending.

I will always cherish it.

Even though I wish it had continued on... Hard to believe it's coming up to seven years off air. And we're still discussing, analyzing and spining the show.

And the show started 10 years ago in October. Wow 10 years.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

holy cow 10 years?!?! really?!?!
Via Tania: Moon Sweet Moon. Out Soon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread