Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coccy* (View Post)
i vote for 1
i love busted but graduation is perfection and chant down babylon gave me something that no other couple and tv-show gave me. too profound.
he survived for her, he died for her, she felt him, she saved him. even after his original body was a puddle of dust he still protected her and did everything for her. it's amazing.

graduation.. well the last episode. the best proposal ever with the best quote ever. the make outs, their precious wedding
It's really getting hard...I don't want to vote out CDB or Graduation. You've described my feelings on both eppys perfectly Coccy. Max and Liz's love surviving death is amazing in itself. Then Max and Liz finally being happy and becoming husband and wife was simply marvelous, even with them having to leave Roswell in a van. They were together like they wanted to be because they loved each other immensely.

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I'm voting for #1, I actually thought their scenes in the episode were a nice change from the usual non-recklessness we expect of M/L, but it pales in comparison to the two others which were so romantic.

#1 - 4
#14 - 1
#18 - 1
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sonia E.*~ (View Post)
I don't know if I would be Liz's friend either, but I like down-to-earth, nice, and relatable people who never try to be something that they're not. And that's how I saw Liz's character, a small town girl with a heart of gold that made mistakes and bad choices.
Yup. She made mistakes. She wasn't perfect. She didn't out and out hurt people. She tried to be their friends. Except for people like Tess who she knew was iffy in the first place. But she was basically a good girl. I really have no problems with Liz except some of her decisions.

Quote:
I would have definitely given a few characters some home truths. ALL the characters made mistakes and bad choices, not only Max and Liz.
Definately. That was the beauty of Roswell. They all weren't perfect. They all had their quirks and made mistakes. It wasn't just Max and Liz. It was everyone. But yeah, if I could have talked to them. I would have words for them that weren't always pleasant.

Quote:
It's funny that Isabel and Michael had no problem volunteering Max for his leadership qualities before finding out that he was 'king.' Who knows, maybe it was an aspect of their alien DNA?
Yup. Because they didn't want to be leader of the little group. So they had Max as the unofficial leader but of course they soon chaffed under it. Michael was the classic soldier even before finding out his roles. But he also didn't always want to be led. But then when he had the choice; he looked up to Max to make the decisions.

Quote:
I'm surprised that Liz didn't bring up Alex when Isabel was talking about marrying a guy so soon after his death. But the only time Liz mentioned Alex was in Busted, with that dumb line to Max on the docks.
She was probably thinking of it. But the way Isabel made the decision. Liz and Maria were probably in shock. And didn't have time to think about it. Only Kyle knew about Isabel and Jesse before the engagement. No one in the group did, or Isabel's parents. They were probably thinking it was classic rebound but they didn't know Isabel and Jesse and Liz knew from her situation with Max. You can suddenly fall in love for someone. We know it was classic rebound for Isabel and Jesse. But who knows, what the others were thinking.

Quote:
You best believe that if Maria knew about 'her' relationship with Michael being affected in the future, Liz's virginity would have been the least important thing out of that convo.
Yup. But because she didn't. She reacted like a teenager and Liz's virginity was the bigger thing to her than Future Max's arrival on Earth.

Quote:
Max didn't mean to ruin it, he received an SOS from his son. He better be glad that Liz was there to save him from drowning.
Oh sure. Another example of Liz saving his butt. And another example of the true soulmate love that Max and Liz had for each other.

Quote:
Coccy:
i love busted but graduation is perfection and chant down babylon gave me something that no other couple and tv-show gave me. too profound.
he survived for her, he died for her, she felt him, she saved him. even after his original body was a puddle of dust he still protected her and did everything for her. it's amazing.
That is why I have a hard time choosing. With Chant Down Babylon and Graduation. You have the sacrifice and true love. He did survive for her. Even though his body turned into dust. He survived for her. And then he sacrificed it all for her to live. That is the ultimate. And then Liz brought back her man, with that kiss.

And with Graduation; that proposal. So incredibly romantic. Damn, that was a beautiful moment. Liz was so shocked. It was so romantic. Such the perfect proposal. The way he suddenly came up with the diamond. Oh my god.

Quote:
It's really getting hard...I don't want to vote out CDB or Graduation. You've described my feelings on both eppys perfectly Coccy. Max and Liz's love surviving death is amazing in itself. Then Max and Liz finally being happy and becoming husband and wife was simply marvelous, even with them having to leave Roswell in a van. They were together like they wanted to be because they loved each other immensely.
The bond was amazing between them. They were true soulmates. That we saw them married; even though they were on the run. Oh my god; that was the perfect send off. Even though they were running for their lives. The knowledge they made that final committment.

Season 3 truly had some amazing episodes. Unlike the other seasons; it truly is hard to pick.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

So I had a quick question about these two, in the season 1 opening credits for the show there is this scene that shows Max and Liz staring longingly at each other through the diner window. Is that an actual scene in an episode somewhere or is that just something they filmed for the opening credits. Thanks to whoever answers my question. Appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Absolute Fan

i remember that one of the writers said (in one of the commentaries ) that it was a scene they made for the opening credits it was like a summary of what the main plot was about: the forbidden love between the alien in love with the human

i always loved it
Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

I'm voting for number 1.

Quote:
I believe Isabel and Michael always knew how Max felt about Liz and were jealous.
This was more or less confirmed by Thania St John, on the DVD, in the commentaries for The Balance, I think. Not the jealousy, but the anger to some degree. She said that Michael resented Liz because she was stealing Max away from him. For Isabel, nothing was said but it was probable that she felt the same way, too.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Max & Liz
Season 3 Survivor

This survivor is dedicated to the amazing moments of Max and Liz from Roswell during Season 3. The moments are set up in a particular order (by episode) and will be eliminated by which has the most votes. Each episode will have to gain the most amount of votes after four-six have voted in order to be eliminated. You can only vote once per round. There are a total of 18 rounds. Let the games begin!

Round Seventeen

#1 - 3x01 Busted!
Voted Out Round Sixteen

#2 - 3x02 Michael, The Guys and The Great Snapple Caper
Voted Out Round Thirteen

#3 – 3x03 Significant Others
Voted Out Round Eight

#4 - 3x04 Secret and Lies
Voted Out Round Three

#5 - 3x05 Control
Voted Out Round Six

#6 - 3x06 To Have and To Hold
Voted Out Round Eight

#7 - 3x07 Interruptus
Voted Out Round One

#8 - 3x08 Behind the Music
Voted Out Round Two

#9 – 3x09 Samuel Rising
Voted Out Round Ten

#10 - 3x10 A Tale of Two Parties
Voted Out Round Fourteen

#11 - 3x11 I Married an Alien
Voted Out Round Four

#12 - 3x12 Ch-Ch-Changes
Voted Out Round Fifteen

#13 – 3x13 Panacea
Voted Out Round Five

#14 - 3x14 Chant Down Babylon

#15 - 3x15 Who Died and Made You King
Voted Out Round Nine

#16 - 3x16 Crash
Voted Out Round Eleven

#17 - 3x17 Four Aliens and a Baby
Voted Out Round Twelve

#18 - 3x18 Graduation

Remember to vote for your LEAST Favorite
Remember to think about the Max\Liz moments only, not the episode as a whole.

#1 - 4
#14 - 2
#18 - 1

#1 is out!

Last round! I'll try to get as many votes as possible for this one unless there's a really apparent winner. Also, time to put third in the OP - Busted & I put one of my arts in there.

I think I'm going to have to go w/ #14. Trust me, it's really great - he saves her, she saves him. The only reason why his soul still stayed is b\c of his love for her. There's also alot of sacrifice there but #18 is the happily ever after and the end of the show so ya.

#14 - 1

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 01-22-2009 at 10:15 AM
Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

i vote for 14 too

i love the episode for them and i believe that a second place is great
graduation is perfection, it's the end of the show, it's when they finally and completely won

"then we'll take those twelve days and we'll live twelve lifetimes"
"all i know is that i'm Liz Parker and i'm happy"

i made this with the parallels
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Coccy, that's beautiful!

Snow Charming
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Question:

For the last round. Are we voting for the one we want to WIN. Or which one we want to eliminate for the Silver Medal (Second Place).

Just curious.

It's going to be a tough decison so if someone can answer for me before I put my official vote?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's usually for the one we don't want to win

So my vote goes to #14 b/c of the perfection of their proposal scene
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow, I think this elimination round is the hardest I've ever seen.

StefanElena.BrookeLucas.PaceyJoey.MaxLiz.BuffyAngel
Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay... If it's to eliminate the one we don't want to win....

It's tough....

But I am going to go with #14. I LOVE it. I love how much he sacrificed but in the end; the romantic proposal and wedding wins out for me. And it was the end of a journey and the start of one we never would see...

So I vote for #14.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I vote 14 as well.

StefanElena.BrookeLucas.PaceyJoey.MaxLiz.BuffyAngel
Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Absolute Fan

#14 again
Closed Thread   Post New Thread