Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2018, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Well, that’s disappointing about Sam.

Didn’t Rockstar vote to evict Brett?

I like Haleigh, too! I wish they would show more of her. Still rooting for Tyler the most, though!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

She did. It was still dumb to say right because he said it before she even went in to vote. So even if she was planning to "flip" the vote to keep him, surely his speech coming at her would make her want to change her mind and vote for him. And if that was the case, then she could have easily disregarded what he was claiming she did. I hope that makes sense.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw the clip of JC saying the N-word on YT. I haven’t seen any follow-up discussion, but . . . I was under the impression that the controversy started because he’d called Bayleigh that, but it turns out they were having a civilized discussion instead. I can understand why she told him not to say that, but at the same time, he was using it to make a comparison between that offensive term and other offensive terms, including one that she had said, “midget.” I don’t get the sense that he was just throwing it around flippantly. Again, I haven’t seen the follow up discussion, but with the way people were talking online, I thought it was going to be maliciously used. And it wasn’t.

I feel like I’ll like Brett more that Winston is not around. Winston was such a sore loser, and just a really bad player. Brett at least has some strategic potential. I think he’s playing the game a little bit for the cameras right now, though. Strategically, his better bet would have been to spread his lie about Rockstar after the vote was cast.

Still Team Tyler.

There’s nobody that I really dislike, though I’m not a big Rockstar fan.
ICON
Old 07-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for sharing that, April! It’ll be interesting to see how CBS edits it/splices it together. Will they make it seem like he said it maliciously?

I agree with what you said about Brett & Tyler & Rockstar.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haley being put up makes sence but Kaitlyn .. I do hope they can backdoor Rockstar
Old 07-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

He wasn't calling anyone the n word no, and he was using it in his argument but there was no reason for him to actually say the word. He should have just said "the n word" and even bayleigh admitted that had he said that it would have been fine. I dont think she should have used the M word either, but when she first asked it, she didnt know it was offensive. She thought the m word and dwarf were the same thing. But I think its ridiculous to think they hold the same weight. The fact he even compared m for short people to the n word for black people is just unfathomable to me. The M word is offensive but the N word is absolutely disgusting and degrading. Small people were used as slaves for thousands of years, beaten, raped, murdered etc. People use the M word out of ignorance, not knowing that its hurtful. In the same way people use the R word for people that have mental problems. Or when people say "thats gay".... Im not saying JC doesnt have a right to be offended because its a hurtful word, he does, but the comparison to the N word drives me a little nuts.. EVERYONE knows the N word is offensive and just simply shouldn't say it. Period. I will say I dont think JC's intentions were bad but Im glad they talked about it.... But I'm done talking about this. No sense trying to make people understand when they are set in their views.

Also can I say, you can type out the M word on ff but you cant with the N word, so I mean, i think that says enough.

Even worse to me is the same people defending JC then turning around calling Rockstar horrible for saying Brett had a "micropenis" PLEASEEEEEEEEE. I found her song hilarious tbh. HOWEVER, she carried it on too long and needed to let it go earlier. I like her loyalty to her alliance but she individually can be annoying.

With all that said I am so glad that at least everyone seems to understand that what Sam did was ridiculous and gross. Her whole speech to girls was just so dumb and annoying. So the guys can act however the want because they are poor men and cant help themselves yet the women are "****s" that need to control themselves? Man it makes my blood boil.... but anywayyyyyy.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Alexa; 07-22-2018 at 11:24 PM
Old 07-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get the sense that there was more to Sam’s speech that we perhaps didn’t see? I have liked Sam this season, but I don’t really think it’s fair to call out the girls like that when the guys flirt, too. And what’s wrong with flirting? It’s both fun and a strategy. Now someone like Kaitlyn’s who’s doing that when she has a boyfriend outside the house . . . she’ll have to deal with the consequences of that.

In regards to the JC/Bayleigh incident . . . I have to say that, overall, it was great to see two people discuss it maturely and rationally and come to an understanding about it. Good for both of them. However . . . I did end up feeling really bad for JC. It’s clear that he did not have any bad intentions. The word seems to have really triggered Bayleigh, and I felt bad for her. But I do get the sense that he ended up apologizing to her more than she did to him, when she continued to use derogatory terms during their discussion. However, she was the one who was offended by the word used, whereas he was not offended, so ultimately, that’s what you have to do when you offend someone. Apologize to them, even if you didn’t intend any harm. So it was good of JC to do that. I don’t think it’s necessary to compare the terms and say one is worse than the other. It’s all a matter of perspective and experience, and even culture. Being little, gay, and Latino, I’m sure that JC knows all about being marginalized. I liked that they related and found common ground over that.

So basically . . . I can’t believe JC got dragged through the mud for this. He messed up but handled it well. And I don’t blame Bayleigh for feeling triggered by that word, but hopefully she learned something about the word she questioned, too. If anything, they actually demonstrated what a very heartfelt and serious discussion can be had in regards to cultural sensitivity.

Onto the other stuff . . . still loving Tyler. His thumbs up and how he sat there with Kaitlyn calling her a mastermind was great. And I also loved when he was in the diary room and was like, “Can I go out there? Let me go!”

Fessy has no clue what’s going on. Angela is just wallpaper. Kaycee got confessionals, so color me surprised.

Rockstar is currently my least favorite. I cringed when I saw the pots and pans come out. Come on, the last thing we need is a callback to last season’s antics. Also, when she got on Brett? Um, I heard he told her to get off. And a recapper I listen to pointed out that, if Brett were saying things about Rockstar’s breasts or other female body parts, people wouldn’t overlook it like they do her saying that about his penis. I’m not saying we have to actively be looking for a new controversy here, but I do want to point out that, if the genders were reversed, this wouldn’t be okay.

Brett is starting to grow on me. I get the sense that the girls think he is the mastermind, though, when really, Tyler is doing so much more scheming.
ICON
Old 07-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The JC and Bayleigh thing wasn't as bad as others made it sound. He shouldn't of said the word but he wasn't being malicious and just trying to get a point across. I'm glad they talked again and cleared the air. As for Sam, her nomination speech came across very condescending. Especially towards Hayleigh, she hasn't done anything wrong or as bad as others. I don't care for Brett, he's a douchebag and a bad liar. I was cringing that Rockstar let him get to her so much. He's a loser and again, it was painfully obvious he lied on her. He literally wasn't even worth the tears or effort with the pans. In general though, I'm loving this season. It's been YEARS since I enjoyed a season this much. No vets, sheep, or lopsided votes. I've been loving the close votes (even though I'm rooting for the minority side, at least Bayleigh has that power) that's how it used to be! I freaking hope this makes BB realize getting all new people that want to play is the way to go.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I agree about the JC & Bayleigh conversation. It wasn’t nearly as bad as the news/media were making it out to be. I’m glad they both stayed calm and talked it out, instead of blowing up at each other.

The Rockstar/Brett thing is super annoying, mainly on Rockstar’s part. I really can’t stand her & I have no sympathy/empathy for her. April, you’re totally right that it’s a double standard when it comes to Rockstar talking about Brett’s private parts (even in a joking manner), but if he was saying stuff about her private parts, he would be getting tons of backlash for it. I fast forwarded through some of the “pots & pans” thing, because come on. I didn’t need to see “Josh” again. Tyler wanting to leave the DR room, though, when he heard it was funny!

Sam’s speech was kinda stupid and degrading and seemed to me that she just needed to find some excuses to nominate random people, because, with her power, it doesn’t even really matter who she nominates anyway. Although, the person who is evicted has a chance to get back in. It’s not a guarantee. They’ll play a game or answer questions or something, but they might not necessarily make it back in... Maybe she’s trying to go after people who are weak and/or she thinks are stupid, so they won’t make it back in.

Is Haleigh’s punishment still going on? I want to see more of it!

Old 07-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sams save I belive that the evicted house Guest would have to win a challenge to get back in.
JC might have been the wrong guy to put in the house , hard to understand him with a thick accent. Made the private talk with bayleigh less Dramatic because I had to read subtitles.
I understood he heard a gay slur thus he used the Racial slur as a example of how words can hurt .
Still hope for Rockstar backdoor since she isn’t so good with challenges .
Old 07-23-2018, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Sams save I belive that the evicted house Guest would have to win a challenge to get back in.
JC might have been the wrong guy to put in the house , hard to understand him with a thick accent. Made the private talk with bayleigh less Dramatic because I had to read subtitles.
I understood he heard a gay slur thus he used the Racial slur as a example of how words can hurt .
Still hope for Rockstar backdoor since she isn’t so good with challenges .
He didn't "use a racial slur". He said a word that would be offensive if he used it as a slur.

She asked him the difference between a dwarf and a midget. He responded that the word "midget" is like the word "N-word" (he actually said the word) She acted like he called her a "n-word". He didn't.

He tried to explain it in the context of the conversation, but she wasn't listening, and acted like he was trying to offend her.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, just the fact that you are writing out midget, and not the n word says it all doesnt it? You aren't supposed to say it, period. Even if he was trying to explain something he shouldn't have said it. Are you black? Do you know how it feels?

Apparently Kaitlyn and Brett messed around on the feeds too. Yikes. Good thing Kaitlyn doesnt have a boyfriend anymore.

I dont feel bad for JC, hes gross. He sexually assaults women. So yeah... dont care about him. Not to mention he's obnoxious as hell on the feeds.

Tyler just reminds me of Paul. Hasn't really done a lot in the game but has a decent social game. However, people seem to believe/protect him no mater what, which I find annoying.

Quote:
Angela is just wallpaper.
She's the worst, shes so dullll. And when she does talk shes just being a bitch.

Quote:
And a recapper I listen to pointed out that, if Brett were saying things about Rockstar’s breasts or other female body parts, people wouldn’t overlook it like they do her saying that about his penis.
First of all, he has made comments about her body. In fact hes called her fat, unattractive, chubby etc. She said he had a micropenis. Like, come on, she hasnt even seen his penis so its its not even like she was actually making fun of him like he did her. Secondly, people ARE throwing a fit over her saying it. So i dont know what you even mean.

It was hilarious imo. Too bad the show ruined it with the music. I do agree that it went on too long. I dont particularly like Rockstar that much either because I find her personality a bit over the top, but Brett deserved the pots and pans imo for lying about her vote in front of everybody.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
No, just the fact that you are writing out midget, and not the n word says it all doesnt it? You aren't supposed to say it, period. Even if he was trying to explain something he shouldn't have said it. Are you black? Do you know how it feels?
I think it’s fine to say that they’re both offensive terms and JC and Bayleigh provided viewers with a mature discussion over sensitive subject matter. Rather than faulting one of them for it, I instead applaud them both for dealing with it maturely on national television.

Quote:
I dont feel bad for JC, hes gross. He sexually assaults women. So yeah... dont care about him. Not to mention he's obnoxious as hell on the feeds.
Okay, granted, I don’t watch the feeds. But I like what I’ve seen of him. And as for sexually assaulting women . . . that’s strong terminology to use. Is this based on the incident earlier in the season? I’m not aware of how that all turned out, but based on what I read about it, it seemed like he was ignorant to what he was doing and hopefully has not been doing it again.

Quote:
Tyler just reminds me of Paul. Hasn't really done a lot in the game but has a decent social game. However, people seem to believe/protect him no mater what, which I find annoying.
Tyler doesn’t remind me of Paul at all.

Quote:
First of all, he has made comments about her body. In fact hes called her fat, unattractive, chubby etc. She said he had a micropenis. Like, come on, she hasnt even seen his penis so its its not even like she was actually making fun of him like he did her. Secondly, people ARE throwing a fit over her saying it. So i dont know what you even mean.
Oh, I didn’t know that people had reacted to her saying that. Not cool of him to say that stuff, either. They really don’t like each other.

Wow, Sam was really off-putting tonight. And how weird was her cuddling with Fessy after chastising the other girls? She’s a loose canon in this game.

Hayleigh is growing on me a lot. I just don’t care for a lot of the people she’s aligned with. But it was pretty obvious Fessy would use the veto on her.

If I’m ranking who’s left . . .

Tyler (my favorite player in many seasons)
JC
Hayleigh
Rachel
Kaitlyn (good TV)
Scottie
Sam (took a tumble for me)
Brett
Fessy
Kaycee
Bayleigh
Angela (she is pretty, I guess, pretty wallpaper)
Rockstar
ICON
Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I haven't liked Sam during her HOH reign, I just feel the way she talked to Haileigh and Kaitlyn was condescending and creepy. Tonight's episode also made me dislike Fessy a little. He is so whiny and spineless. He was also stupid to tell both of them the same thing about using the Veto on them then crying when they both confronted him about it. I think it was stupid of him to even put himself in that position and to get blood on his hands. Now if/when Kaitlyn is voted out and comes right back in (or just stays) she will go after him. I think what he did was stupid and unnecessary.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But I like what I’ve seen of him. And as for sexually assaulting women . . . that’s strong terminology to use. Is this based on the incident earlier in the season? I’m not aware of how that all turned out, but based on what I read about it, it seemed like he was ignorant to what he was doing and hopefully has not been doing it again
Are you kidding me? He was literally going around and touching the womens vagina's without their approval or consent. Then he went around with an ice cream scooper doing the same. Its gross. Period. Its sexual assault. Period.

The fact that no one is going against Tyler, no one is putting him up... yeah, thats a lot like how Paul skated by. Tyler won one time, hes not this amazing competitor people claim him to be. And when the votes arent going his way he doesnt even compaign that hard to switch them? Again you dont watch the feeds so sure, you can follow along with the edit he's receiving but when I watch him on the feeds hes not doing a whole lot behind the scenes. Im sorry but i think a lot of people are just into him because he won early on, he is an attractive "surfer" like dude that is very typical of a lot of peoples favorites. He is so similar to many other reality players imo.

Sam makes my blood boil, she might be my most hated houseguest on this season now. I cant stand her stupid holier than thou attitude, her dumbass "I'm old fashioned" excuse either. Like, girl, you were just doing exactly what you harped on the other girls for! And seriously, she treats the boys as if they are these innocent helpless snowflakes! More often than not, Fessy is the one getting in Haleigh's space, cuddling her without permission and being overly aggressive in his feelings of rher (jmo, i still like him but I think he could chill out a bit) and yet, Sam is painting Haleigh out to be this manipulative seductress or something, its just weird. And annoying.

I am so glad that Fessy go the veto and saved Haleigh, as i knew he would. I dont get why he told Kaitlyn he'd use it on her in the first place, he should have just kept saying he didnt know but I think he really wanted to get chosen of the veto to save himself, so that makes sense to me. That competition looked tough to me, I would have a hard time remembering all those patterns. Rachel being back... ehh... no comment from me there.

Then in the Veto ceremony JC speaks out, which I didnt think he was allowed to do and basically changes Sam's mind. WTF WAS THAT. So weird. Not that sad to see Rockstar up though tbh. I think shes a good person and on the right side of the house but hes acting a bit crazy lately after being on the block and just super paranoid. So i dont really care who goes this week and tbh, one will probably come back anyways so lets just get past this one and move to the next..

my rankings:

1. Haleigh - far and away my favorite. She's cute as a button and so sweet. Hope she can start winning more.
2. Baleigh - a great social player and I think she seems cool and nice.
3. Fessy - He's cute, he's loyal. He's working with the people I like and he will defend Haleigh to the death so yeah, he's good in my book.
4. Scottie - I love that he stands his ground in what he wants and hes on the right side.

after that I dont really like anyone much but I would say:
5. Rachel - Other than her one racist comment earlier this season I do like her, I think she seems like a funny and nice person that just said the wrong thing. And she wants a girls alliance, which I like.
6. Tyler - I dont hate the guy I just want to see some bigger moves from him to prove why everyone thinks hes this great player. I want him to fight for his spot a bit more because right now hes coasting.
7. Kaycee - She seems like a nice girl. She's SUPER DULL on the feeds but in the DR's she has more personality.
8. Rockstar - She can be annoying but I like the side of the house she is on so...
9. Brett - I find him super entitled and douchey but he has funny/okay moments.
10. Kaitlyn - Girl is cracked out of her freaking mind but shes very entertaining. But nuts.

no no no
11. Angela - who? Seriously not memorable at all and the most dull person ive ever seen on the show.
12. JC - see above.
11. Sam - See above. The misogynist can go.

Last edited by Alexa; 07-26-2018 at 12:47 AM