Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Dazzling, I like the Glory speech too. Glory often amused me. I also especially liked sired inthe 80s Giles speech from The Gift.

I discovered most of my top speeches are related in that they either came from Buffy or Spike. I'll give my top 5 - some with only exerpts, because they are too long - and then a couple of winners up, because 5 is too tough. Many of these are not only due to the words, but in how they were delivered.

My top 5 in chronological order:

1) Spike's "Love's Bitch" speech from Lover's Walk:
You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. pointing to his head Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... he covers his chest blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

2) Buffy's empowering speech to the watcher's council in Checkpoint:
excerpt: No review. No interrogation. No questions you know I can't answer. No hoops, no jumps... and no interruptions. See ... I've had a lot of people talking at me the last few days. Everyone just lining up to tell me how unimportant I am. And I've finally figured out why. Power. I have it. They don't.

3) Spike's "Every night I save you" speech from Afterlife:
Uh ... I do remember what I said. The promise. To protect her... If I had done that ... even if I didn't make it ... you wouldn't have had to jump. But I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course, but ... after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again ... do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ... his voice softens. Every night I save you. (Though I almost replaced this one with the speech from Fool For Love quoted below.)

4) Buffy's "I believe in you" speech from Never Leave Me:
(excerpt) Be easier, wouldn't it, it if were an act, but it's not. You faced the monster inside of you and you fought back. You risked everything to be a better man... And you can be. You are. You may not see it, but I do. I do. I believe in you, Spike.

5) Spike's "You're the one" speech in Touched. (already quoted above)

Honorable mentions: These first two especially could be exchanged for some of the ones above...

*Spike's speech on the subway in Fool For Love:
(excerpt): Death is your art. You make it with your hands, day after day. That final gasp. That look of peace. Part of you is desperate to know: What's it like? Where does it lead you? And now you see, that's the secret. Not the punch you didn't throw or the kicks you didn't land. Every Slayer has a death wish... Even you.

*Buffy's "I'm in Hell" speech at the end of After Life:
I was happy. Wherever I was ... I was happy. At peace. I knew that everyone I cared about was all right. I knew it. Time ... didn't mean anything ... nothing had form ... but I was still me, you know? And I was warm ... and I was loved ... and I was finished. Complete. I don't understand about theology or dimensions, or ... any of it, really ... but I think I was in heaven. And now I'm not. I was torn out of there. Pulled out ... by my friends. Everything here is ... hard, and bright, and violent. Everything I feel, everything I touch ... this is Hell. Just getting through the next moment, and the one after that ... knowing what I've lost. They can never know. Never.

*My favorite Anya speech isn't the one from The Body, but the one from Triangle to Xander...
"Xander? If you ever decide to go, I want a warning. You know, big flashing red lights, and-and-and one of those clocks that counts down like a bomb in a movie? And there's a whole bunch of, of colored wires, and I'm not sure which is the right one to cut, but I guess the green one, and then at the last second "No! The red one!" and then click, it stops with three-tenths of a second left, but then you don't leave. She pauses. Like that, okay?" Sadly even more poignant to me after knowing that later on, Anya doesn't get her big, flashy warning, she just gets left, and in one of the worst ways possible.

I would include Xander's speech to Anya from Into the Woods, but knowing how the relationship ended, that one lost points in retrospect.
Night Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I love those ones, too. You should have thrown in Angelus's speech from Passion though, in the honourable mention section!

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

roguebailey - I agree that Angelus' speech in Passion is a good one. One reason I didn't mention it is that it has already been mentioned, but also I think because it was a voiceover. One of the reasons I chose most of the speeches above is because of the impact they had on the characters hearing it. The one main exception to that was the After Life speech, because Buffy was mostly too numb to get the affect of it, but the rest...

The "Love's Bitch" speech actually made Buffy re-evaluate her relationship with Angel (at least at that time) and shook her enough for her to admit out loud that her mortal enemy could tell something about her that her friends couldn't.

Buffy's empowering speech was mostly just a great sight to behold, but it also gained her some respect from the watcher's council and was a declaration that she got her confidence back - one that everyone hearing it could tell that she believed herself (and not that she was just blowing smoke).

Buffy's "I believe in you" speech affected Spike enough that it was what he held on to to resist the First Evil's mental torture and keep himself from breaking. That's a pretty powerful effect.

Spike's "Your the one" speech helped Buffy to get her fight back and gave her the strength she needed to go back to Caleb's vineyard. (The bookend to Buffy's "I believe in you" speech)

Spike's "Death is your art" speech certainly seemed to shake Buffy, and I think it might have been part of the reason that she questioned later - especially in Intervention - whether or not she was becoming too much of a slayer.

Buffy's "I'm in Hell" speech looked like it affected Spike - he didn't look like he knew what to do with that information, and it was likely part of the reason that he waited a while longer before he finally decided he was tired of playing "dead man's ear" and wanted more from Buffy.

Anya's bomb clock speech was mostly touching in retrospect as I mentioned. It certainly seemed to affect Xander at the time, but then again, I think Xander has a shorter attention span than some of the other characters, so I'm not surprised that it didn't have much of a lasting impact.
Night Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

my five fave speeches in no particular order

love's bitch (i don't need to post it again do i?)- early evil Spike has to be my favourite Spike of all

Jonathon's Prom speech
We're not good friends. Most of us never found the time to get to know you. But that doesn't mean we haven't noticed you. We don't talk about it much, but it's
no secret Sunnydale High isn't really like other schools. A lot of weird stuff happens here. But whenever there was a problem or something creepy happened, you seemed to show up and stop it. Most of the people here have been saved by you, or helped by you, at one time or another. We're proud to say that the class of '99 has the lowest mortality rate of any graduating class in Sunnydale history. And we know at least part of that is because of you. So the senior class offers its thanks, and gives you, uh, this...It's from all of us, and it's got written
here, "Buffy Summers. Class Protector."

First's speech from Lessons
(Warren) I'm beyond her understanding. She's a girl. Sugar and spice and everything useless unless you're baking. I'm more than that. More than flesh (Glory) More than blood, I'm... you know, I honestly don't think there's a human word fabulous enough for me. Oh, my name will be on everyone's lips -- assuming their lips haven't been torn off -- but not just yet. That's all right, though, (Adam) I can be patient. Everything is well within parameters. She's right where I want her. And so are you, number 17. You're where you belong. (The Mayor) What'd you think, you'd get your soul back and everything would be Jim Dandy? A soul's slipperier than a greased weasel -- why do you think I sold mine? Well, you probably thought you'd be your own man and I respect that. But you never will. (Dru) You'll always be mine. You'll always be in the dark with me, singing our little songs. You like our little songs, don't you? You always liked them, right from the beginning. And that's where we're going (The Master) Right back to the beginning. Not the "Bang", not the "Word", the true beginning. The next few months are going to be quite a ride, and I think we're all gonna learn something about ourselves in the process. You'll learn you're a pathetic shmuck, if it hasn't sunk in already. Look at you. Tried to do what's right. Just like her, you still don't get it. It's not about right.
It's not about wrong. (Buffy) It's about power.

Happy meals with legs
We like to talk big. Vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy the world.' That's just tough guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got...dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Goodbye, Picadilly. Farewell, Leicester Bloody Square. You know what I'm saying?

Does Spike singing 'Rest in Peace' count as a monologue? If so it's my number one.
I died So many years ago, But you can make me feel Like it isn't so And why you come to be with me I think I finally know. Mmmm, mmm. You're scared Ashamed of what you feel And you can't tell the ones you love. You know they couldn't deal. Whisper in a dead man's ear, It doesn't make it real. That's great - -But I don't want to play 'Cuz being with you touches me More than I can say But since I'm only dead to you I'm saying stay away And let me rest in peace. Let me rest in peace. Let me get some sleep. Let me take my love and bury it In a hole six foot deep. I can lay my body down But I can't find my sweet release So, let me rest in peace. You know, you've got a willing slave And you just love to play the thought like you might misbehave But 'til you do I'm telling you Stop visiting my grave And let me rest in peace. I know I should go But I follow you like a man possessed. There's a traitor here beneath my breast And it hurts me more than you've ever guessed. If my heart could beat, it would break my chest But I can see you're unimpressed So, leave me be...And let me rest in peace Let me get some sleep Let me take my love and bury it In a hole six foot deep. I can lay my body down But I can't find my sweet release Let me rest in peace. Why won't you let me rest in peace?

quotes courtesy of shooting scripts from buffyworld.com
Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow so many to choose from. But here are my fav's

Becomming Part 2
Buffy: Open your eyes, Mom. What do you think has been going on for the past two years? The fights, the weird occurrences. How many times have you washed blood out of my clothing, and you still haven't figured it out?
Joyce: Well, it stops now!
Buffy: No, it doesn't stop. It never stops. Do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is? How dangerous? I would love to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys or, god, even studying! But I have to save the world. Again.

The Gift
Buffy: Dawn, listen to me. Listen. I love you. I will *always* love you. But this is the work that I have to do. Tell Giles ... tell Giles I figured it out. And, and I'm okay. And give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now. You have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world ... is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me.

Grave
Xander: First day of kindergarten you cried 'cause you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far. Ending the world, not a terrific notion, but the thing is yeah, I love you. I loved crayon-breaky Willow and I love scary veiny Willow. So if I'm goin' out, it's here. You wanna kill the world? You start with me. I've earned that.

Potential
Seven years, Dawn. Working with the slayer. Seeing my friends get more and more powerful. A witch. A demon. Hell, I could fit Oz in my shaving kit, but come a full moon, he had a wolfy mojo not to be messed with. Powerful. All of them. They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary.

Bring On The Night
Buffy: I'm beyond tired. I'm beyond scared. I'm standing on the mouth of hell, and it's going to swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me. We're not ready? They're not ready. They think we're gonna wait for the end to come, like we always do. I'm done waiting. They want an apocalypse? Oh, we'll give 'em one. Anyone else who wants to run... do it now. Because we just became an army. We just declared war. From now on we won't just face our worst fears, we will seek them out. We will find them and cut out their hearts one by one until the First shows itself for what it really is. And I'll kill it myself. There's only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil. And that's us. Any questions?
Where you are going will be better
McAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

My fav is from Passion:

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

No Order

1. Lovers Walk

You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. pointing to his head Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... he covers his chest blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

2. The Body

But I don't understand ! I don't understand how this all happens, how we go through this, I mean I knew her and then she's, there's just a body, I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead, it's stupid, it's mortal and stupid, Xander's crying and not talking and I was having fruit punch and I thought that Joyce would never have any more fruit punch and she'd never have eggs, or yawn, or brush her hair, not ever and no one will explain...

3. Passions

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”

4. Bring on the Night

I'm beyond tired. I'm beyond scared. I'm standing on the mouth of hell, and it's going to swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me. We're not ready? They're not ready. They think we're gonna wait for the end to come, like we always do. I'm done waiting. They want an apocalypse? Oh, we'll give 'em one. Anyone else who wants to run... do it now. Because we just became an army. We just declared war. From now on we won't just face our worst fears, we will seek them out. We will find them and cut out their hearts one by one until the First shows itself for what it really is. And I'll kill it myself. There's only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil. And that's us. Any questions?

5. Touched

You listen to me. I've been a live a bit longer then you and dead a lot longer then that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine and done things I'd prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain, so I make a lot of mistakes. A lof of wrong bloody calls. A hundrend plus years and theres only one thing I've even been sure of.. You. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anyhing. When I say I love you it's not because I love you or because I can't have you. I love what you are, what you do. How you try. I've seen you kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly who you are. Your a hell of a woman. Your the one, Buffy.

6. Potential

I saw what you did last night. You thought you were all special. Miss Sunnydale 2003. And the minute you found out you weren't, you handed the crown to Amanda without a moment's pause. You gave her your power. They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary.

7. The Gift

Dawn, listen to me. Listen. I love you. I will *always* love you. But this is the work that I have to do. Tell Giles ... tell Giles I figured it out. And, and I'm okay. And give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now. You have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world ... is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me

8. Helpless

Angel: I saw you before you became the Slayer.
Buffy: What?
Angel: I watched you, and I saw you called. It was a bright afternoon out in front of your school. You walked down the steps... and...and I loved you.
Buffy: Why?
Angel: 'Cause I could see your heart. You held it before you for everyone to see. And I worried that it would be bruised or torn. And more than anything in my life I wanted to keep it safe... to warm it with my own.
Buffy: That's beautiful. Or taken literally, incredibly gross.
Angel: I was just thinking that, too.

9. Amends

Angel: Am I a thing worth saving, huh? Am I a righteous man? The world wants me gone!
Buffy: What about me? I love you so much... And I tried to make you go away... I killed you and it didn't help. And I hate it! I hate that it's so hard... and that you can hurt me so much. I know everything that you did, because you did it to me. Oh, God! I wish that I wished you dead. I don't. I can't.
Angel: Buffy, please. Just this once... let me be strong.
Buffy: Strong is fighting! It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day. It's what we have to do. And we can do it together. But if you're too much of a coward for that, then burn. If I can't convince you that you belong in this world, then I don't know what can. But do not expect me to watch. And don't expect me to mourn for you, because...

10. Afterlife

Uh ... I do remember what I said. The promise. To protect her... If I had done that ... even if I didn't make it ... you wouldn't have had to jump. But I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course, but ... after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again ... do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ... . Every night I save you.

Last edited by courtneybangelcakes; 11-04-2008 at 03:30 PM
courtneybangelcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just going to name them because I'm too lazy to look them up right now.

1. Buffy's speech about believing in Spike in Never Leave Me.
2. Spike's "Every night I save you" speech in Afterlife.
3. Spike's speech to Buffy in Touched.
4. Jonathon's Class Protector Speech in The Prom.
5. Buffy's speech in Chosen.

And as a bonus:
Spike's speech in Lover's Walk.
Xander's speech to Dawn in Potential.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Burning Up A Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Afterlife:
"But I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted of course but after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again. Do something different. Faster, more clever you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways. Every night I'd save you." -Spike to Buffy

Never Leave Me:
"That's not true. Listen to me. You're not alive because of hate or pain. You're alive because I saw you change. Because I saw your penance. Be easier, wouldn't it? If it were an act but it's not. You faced the monster inside of you and you fought back. Your risked everything to be a better man. And you can be. You are. You may not see it, but I do. I do. I believe in you Spike." -Buffy to Spike

The Gift:
"Listen to me! Please, there's not a lot of time, listen. Dawn listen to me. Listen. I love you. I will always love you. This is the work I have to do. Tell Giles...Tell Giles I figured it out. And...I'm okay. Give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now -- you have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me." -Buffy to Dawn

Touched:
"You listen to me. I've been alive a bit longer then you, and dead a lot longer then that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred plus years and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of. You. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it's not because I want you, or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindess, and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one Buffy." -Spike to Buffy.

Sleeper:
"As daft as the notion of 'Soulful Spike the Killer' is, it is nothing compared to the idea that another girl could mean anything to me. This chip, they did to me. I couldn't help it. But the soul, I got on my own...for you." -Spike to Buffy
Oh Lord have you walked away? Have you walked away from me?
///Icon///
Goddess_of_Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww I forgot about the Sleeper speech.

~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 11-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's an easy one to forget about
Oh Lord have you walked away? Have you walked away from me?
///Icon///
Goddess_of_Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though I spent the whole day yesterday talking about it.

~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1. Buffy in Prophecy Girl: So that's it, huh? I remember the drill. One Slayer dies, next one's called! Wonder who she is. Will you train her? Or will
they send someone else? They say how he's gonna kill me? Do you think it'll hurt? Don't touch me! Were you even gonna tell me? I've got a way around it. I quit! I'm making it that simple! I quit! I resign, I-I'm fired, you can find someone else to stop the Master from taking over! The signs? READ ME THE SIGNS! TELL ME MY FORTUNE! YOU'RE SO USEFUL SITTING HERE WITH ALL YOUR BOOKS! YOU'RE REALLY A LOTTA HELP! What do you know about this? You're never gonna die! I already did. I quit, remember? Pay attention! I don't care! I don't care. Giles, I'm sixteen years old. I don't wanna die.

2. Angelus in Passion: Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... waiting... And though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?

3. Buffy in Chosen: I hate this. I hate being here. I hate that you have to be here. I hate that there's evil, and that I was chosen to fight it. I wish, a whole lot of the time, that I hadn't been. I know a lot of you wish I hadn't been either. But this isn't about wishes. This is about choices. I believe we can beat this evil. Not when it comes, not when its army is ready, now. Tomorrow morning I'm opening the seal. I'm going down into the hellmouth, and I'm finishing this once and for all. Right now you're asking yourself, "what makes this different? What makes us anything more than a bunch of girls being picked off one by one?" It's true none of you have the power that Faith and I do. So here's the part where you make a choice: What if you could have that power...now? In every generation, one slayer is born... because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman is more powerful than all of them combined. So I say we change the rule. I say my power... should be our power. Tomorrow, Willow will use the essence of the scythe to change our destiny. From now on, every girl in the world who might be a slayer... will be a slayer. Every girl who could have the power... will have the power... can stand up, will stand up. Slayers... every one of us. Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong?

4. Spike in Touched: You listen to me. I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes, a lot of wrong bloody calls. A 100+ years, and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of: you. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say, "I love you," it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy.

5. Whistler in Becoming Part 2: Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are. You'll see what I mean.

Special Mention:
Anya in The Body
Buffy in The Gift
Spike in Lover's Walk
Old 11-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow I forgot about this thread. But I love so many of the choices. You have to give it up to the writers . No matter if you loved or hated certain storylines or couples or whatever, there were some amazing writers on this show. Even after all these years. It remains probably my most favorite because of how insightful and well written it was.

Buffy loves Spike
Dazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Nice topic! This is really tough! There are soo many incredible speeches!
Here are my favorite ones in no precise order:

1 - Buffy in "The Gift"
BUFFY: Dawn, listen to me. Listen. I love you. I will *always* love you. But this is the work that I have to do. Tell Giles ... tell Giles I figured it out. And, and I'm okay. And give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now. You have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world ... is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me.

2 - Buffy in "Bring On The Night"
BUFFY: You're right. We don't know how to fight it. We don't know when it'll come. We can't run, can't hide, can't pretend it's not the end, 'cause it is. Something's always been there to try and destroy the world. We've beaten them back, but we're not dealing with them anymore. We're dealing with the reason they exist. Evil. The strongest. The First.

GILES: Buffy, I—I-I know you're tired.

BUFFY: I'm beyond tired. I'm beyond scared. I'm standing on the mouth of hell, and it is gonna swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me. We're not ready? They're not ready. They think we're gonna wait for the end to come, like we always do. I'm done waiting. They want an apocalypse? Oh, we'll give 'em one. Anyone else who wants to run, do it now. 'Cause we just became an army. We just declared war. From now on, we won't just face our worst fears, we will seek them out. We will find them, and cut out their hearts one by one, until The First shows itself for what it really is. And I'll kill it myself. There is only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil, and that's us. Any questions?

3 - Buffy in "Checkpoint"
BUFFY: There isn't gonna be a review.
No review. No interrogation. No questions you *know* I can't answer. No hoops, no jumps - and no interruptions.
See ... I've had a lot of people talking at me the last few days. Everyone just lining up to tell me how unimportant I am. And I've finally figured out why. Power. I have it. They don't. This bothers them.
Glory ... came to my home today. Just to talk. She told me I'm a bug, I'm a flea, she could squash me in a second. Only she didn't. She came into my home, and we talked. We had what in her warped brain probably passes for a civilized conversation. Why? Because she needs something from me. Because I have power over her.
You guys didn't come all the way from England to determine whether or not I was good enough to be let back in. You came to beg me to let you back in. To give your jobs, your lives some semblance of meaning.

4 - Angelus in "Passion"
ANGELUS: If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know
some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank... Without passion, we'd be truly dead.

5 - Whistler in "Becoming Part 1"
WHISTLER: Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready
for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it
does.
So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Ace Of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread