Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Fan

5. Spike's speech in 'Beneath You': "Buffy, shame on you. Why does a man do what he musn't? For her. To be the kind of man who would nev-To be a kind of man. And she will look upon him with forgiveness... and everybody will forgive and love. And he will be loved. So everything's okay, right? C-can we rest now? Buffy? Can we rest?" It's just so heartbreaking to me. ANd when he lays on the cross? *dies*

4. Angelus in Passion: "Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping...waiting...and though unwanted...unbidden...it will stir...open it's jaws, and howl. It speaks to us...guides us. Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. the joy of love...the clarity of hatred...and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we'd truly be dead." F-ing brilliant

3.Andrew in Storyteller: "You caught me catching up on an old favorite. It's wonderful to get lost in a story, isn't it? Adventure and heroics and discovery — don't they just take you away? Come with me now, if you will, gentle viewers. Join me on a new voyage of the mind. A little tale I like to call... Buffy, Slayer of the Vampyrs." I love Andrew

2. Williow and Xander in Grave: "Dark Willow: Is this the master plan? You're gonna stop me by telling me ya love me?
Xander: Well, I was going to walk you off a cliff and hand you an anvil, but, eh, it seemed kinda cartoony.
Xander: First day of kindergarten. You cried because you broke the yellow crayon, and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. I loved crayon-breaky Willow and I love ... scary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I've earned that.
Willow: You think I won't?
Xander: It doesn't matter. I'll still love you.
Willow: Shut up." It really brought the show back to it's early days. Chokes me up everytime.

1. Anya in The Body: "But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I knew her, and then she's— there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead... anymore! It's stupid! It's mortal and stupid! And... and Xander's crying and not talking, and... and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well, Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn, or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why!" I can't watch that scene without breaking into tears
tvismygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anya's speech brought me to tears when I watched The Body last night.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That one never really affects me much.
Oh Lord have you walked away? Have you walked away from me?
///Icon///
Goddess_of_Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it affected me the most out of the whole episode but it didn't make me cry.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Burning Up A Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

It is my favorite scene from that episode - Emma made it so real. She portrayed it so accurately - all we ever want to do is just understand. And we simply cannot understand everything. And that is the hardest thing to understand, ultimately.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Passionate Fan

In no particular order, thanks to my trusty quote book full of stuff from Pop Culture: here is the list of my top 10 speeches (Cause I couldn't choose just five...) from BTVS.

"You know what? I was wrong. You are an idiot. My life happens to, on occasion, suck beyond the telling of it. Sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own. The beautiful ones. The popular ones. The guys that pick on you. Everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling. The loneliness. The confusion. It looks quiet down there. It's not. It's deafening." Buffy in 'Earshot'.

"Funny, 'cause I look around at this world you're so eager to be a part of, and all I see's six billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around - everyone's drinkin', smokin', shootin' up, shootin' each other or just plain screwing their brains out because they don't want 'em anymore. I'm crazy? Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts. Name one person who can take it here. That's all I'm asking - Name one." Glory in 'The Weight of the World'.

"Open your eyes, Mom. What do you think has been going on for the past two years? The fights, the weird occurrences. How many times have you washed blood out of my clothing, and you still haven't figured it out? No, it doesn't stop! It *never* stops! Do-do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is, how dangerous? I would *love* to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys or... God, even studying! But I have to save the world... again." Buffy in 'Becoming (Part 2).

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank... Without passion, we'd be truly dead." Angelus in 'Passion'.

"No, I'm serious. I really miss it. Time goes by, and everything drops away. All the cruelty, all the pain, all that humiliation. It all washes away. I miss my friends. I miss my enemies. I miss the people I talked to every day. I miss the people who never knew I existed. I miss 'em all. I want to talk to them, you know. I want to find out how they're doing. I want to know what's going on in their lives." Jonathan in 'Conversations With Dead People'.

" I've been through more battles with Buffy than you all can ever imagine. She's stopped everything that's ever come up against her. She's laid down her life? literally?to protect the people around her. This girl has died two times, and she's still standing. You're scared? That's smart. You got questions? You should. But you doubt her motives, you think Buffy's all about the kill, then you take the little bus to battle. I've seen her heart, and this time?not literally. And I'm telling you, right now, she cares more about your lives than you will ever know. You gotta trust her. She's earned it." Xander in 'Dirty Girls'.

"You listen to me. I?ve been alive a bit longer than you and dead a lot longer than that. I?ve seen things you couldn?t imagine and done things I?d prefer you didn?t. I don?t exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood which doesn?t exactly rush in the direction of my brain so I make a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred plus years and there?s only one thing I?ve ever been sure of. You. Hey, look at me. I?m not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it?s not because I want you, or because I can?t have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I?ve seen your kindness and your strength. I?ve seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman. You?re the one, Buffy." Spike in 'Touched'.

"I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid. It's mortal and stupid. And, and Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well, Joyce will never have any more fruit punch ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why." Anya in 'The Body'.

"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are." Whistler from 'Becoming (Part I)'

"Seven years, Dawn. Working with the slayer. Seeing my friends get more and more powerful. A witch. A demon. Hell, I could fit Oz in my shaving kit, but come a full moon, he had a wolfy mojo not to be messed with. Powerful. All of them. And I'm the guy who fixes the windows. I saw what you did last night. You thought you were all special. Miss Sunnydale 2003. And the minute you found out you weren't, you handed the crown to Amanda without a moment's pause. You gave her your power.They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary."
Xander in 'Potential'.

Last edited by princess8; 12-12-2008 at 04:43 PM
princess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some good one's there
///Icon///
Old 12-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed Jonathan's speech in Conversations With Dead People Then stupid Andrew killed him

Buffy's speech in Bring On The Night was wonderful:

BUFFY
(resolute) I'm beyond tired. I'm beyond scared. I'm standing on the mouth of hell, and it is gonna swallow me whole. And it'll choke on me. We're not ready? They're not ready. They think we're gonna wait for the end to come, like we always do. I'm done waiting. They want an apocalypse? Oh, we'll give 'em one. Anyone else who wants to run, do it now. 'Cause we just became an army. We just declared war. From now on, we won't just face our worst fears, we will seek them out. We will find them, and cut out their hearts one by one, until The First shows itself for what it really is. And I'll kill it myself. There is only one thing on this earth more powerful than evil, and that's us. Any questions?

I especially felt her emotions when her voice cracked on the bolded part.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
"Seven years, Dawn. Working with the slayer. Seeing my friends get more and more powerful. A witch. A demon. Hell, I could fit Oz in my shaving kit, but come a full moon, he had a wolfy mojo not to be messed with. Powerful. All of them. And I'm the guy who fixes the windows. I saw what you did last night. You thought you were all special. Miss Sunnydale 2003. And the minute you found out you weren't, you handed the crown to Amanda without a moment's pause. You gave her your power.They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary."
Xander in 'Potential'.
I absolutely love and adore this one, I can really relate to it.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"Open your eyes, Mom. What do you think has been going on for the past two years? The fights, the weird occurrences. How many times have you washed blood out of my clothing, and you still haven't figured it out? No, it doesn't stop! It *never* stops! Do-do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is, how dangerous? I would *love* to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys or... God, even studying! But I have to save the world... again." Buffy in 'Becoming (Part 2).
Such a great speach. The weight of the world on a 17 year old again.

Quote:
Xander in 'Potential'.
I love this one... Not that it is so desirable to be chosen and all but always being in someone else's spotlight can be hard too. It was kind of a bummer for Dawn to not even be a Potential, I loved how they almost compared notes.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I swear that Xander one to Dawn in Potential is one of my all time favorite speeches of any show.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Burning Up A Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only thing I can say I loved Xander saying.
///Icon///
Old 12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are." Whistler from 'Becoming (Part I)'
I love that speech and the scenes that accompany it
Old 07-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

God, this was hard. I got 5 in the end, though.

5 - Beneath You
"It didn't work. Costume. Didn't help. Couldn't hide. No more mind games. No more mind. Hey, hey, hey! No touching. Am I flesh? Am I flesh to you? Feed on flesh. My flesh. Nothing else. Not a spark. Oh, fine. Flesh then. Solid through. Get it hard; service the girl. Right. Girl doesn't want to be serviced. Because there's no spark. Ain't we in a soddin' engine? [You thought you would just come back here and be with me?] First time for everything. I tried to find it, of course. The spark. The missing... the piece that fit. That would make me fit. Because you didn't want... God, I can't... Not with you looking. I dreamed of killing you. I think they were dreams. So weak. Did you make me weak, thinking of you, holding myself, and spilling useless buckets of salt over your... ending? Angel—he should've warned me. He makes a good show of forgetting, but it's here, in me, all the time. The spark. I wanted to give you what you deserve, and I got it. They put the spark in me and now all it does is burn. [Your soul] Bit worse for lack of use. It's what you wanted, right? It's what you wanted, right? And—and now everybody's in here, talking. Everything I did...everyone I— and him... and it... the other, the thing beneath—beneath you. It's here too. Everybody. They all just tell me go... go... to hell. [Why?] Buffy, shame on you. Why does a man do what he mustn't? For her. To be hers. To be the kind of man who would nev— to be a kind of man. She shall look on him with forgiveness, and everybody will forgive and love. He will be loved. So everything's OK, right? Can—can we rest now? Buffy...can we rest?"

4 - Passion
"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be empty. Shuttered rooms, cluttered and dank... without passion, we'd be truly dead."

3 - Grave
"Hey, black-eyed girl. Whatcha doin'? You're not the only one with powers, you know. You may be a hopped-up uber-witch, but ... this carpenter can dry-wall you into the next century. I can't stop this, I get that. It's just, where else am I gonna go? You've been my best friend my whole life. World's gonna end ... where else would I want to be? [Is this the master plan? You're going to stop me by telling me you love me?] Well, I was going to walk you off a cliff and hand you an anvil, but ... it seemed kinda cartoony. I'm not joking. I know you're in pain. I can't imagine the pain you're in. And I know you're about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid, but hey. Still want to hang. You're Willow. First day of kindergarten. You cried because you broke the yellow crayon, and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. I loved crayon-breaky Willow and I love ... scary veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I've earned that."

2 - The Gift
"Dawn, listen to me. There isn't much time so listen. I love you. I will always love you. this is the work that I have to do. Tell Giles I figured it out. And that I'm okay. Dawnie, the hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. Be brave. Live. For me."

1 - The Body
"But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid. It's mortal and stupid. And, and Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well, Joyce will never have any more fruit punch ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why."

...Wow that's long. And, again, this was really hard.
Emmaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Buffy seriously knew how to monologues unlike any other show
Reply   Post New Thread