Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by @-'- Lara -'-@:
<STRONG>
I'm also going to need a second beta sometime in the near future for "Sixteen". If anyone is interested, please let me know.</STRONG>
I'll beta read! I good at editing other people's work.

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*:
<STRONG>
(which reminds me, Candace, can I archive yours?) and things like that.</STRONG>
You know you can. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks m'love! I'll put it up next update, probably tomorrow [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightzStorm:
<STRONG>I'll beta read! I good at editing other people's work.</STRONG>
Oh, thanks, Candace! I'll let you know when I'm ready to send it. Not sure how much longer it's going to take. I've written at least half of it now. It's going to be a bit long - I'll let you know the final page count so you can tell me whether to send in pieces. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

WESLEY: I've loved you since I've known you. No, that's not—I think maybe even before.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

jacquin [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] so great to see you posting again. How are you doing? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh you guys, your kind words are so moving... very inspiring [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh rach loaded screen caps [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] must. resist.

Howdy everyone... I'm so giddy right now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by @-'- Lara -'-@:
<STRONG>
Now...to the question about Wes/Illyria...I think I'll really have to see how they develop this character. It depends how much of Fred might have been left behind and if this affects Illyria. That said, though, I will always be hoping for our Fred's return because I always will be a shipper of Wes/Fred first and foremost.</STRONG>
I'm a totally a Wes and Fred shipper first and foremost too.

The optimist in me is hoping that the parts of Fred that are left behind in Illyria means Fred is actually alive and kicking somewhere in Illyria. She just needs to be the "hero" we know her to be and bust out of that evil Shell.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:12 AM
New Fan

Lovely artwork from everybody!

I'm very worried about Wesley's future in this arc. I know he's going to get medieval on a few people and I don't even approve of that, but I hope the context is believable. I hate seeing posts now talk about Wes as this unfeeling sociopath or something. Nuh uh. Wes is so full of heart and that's what's so painful for him. He's been trained to supress things but deep down, he's so passionate.

I just watched Sacrifice on TNT tonight and Fred mentions to Gunn that she doesn't want to end up as a shell. Interesting, no?

I'll have to find a transcript for AHITW for Wes and Fred's dialogue. I'm wondering if there might be a physics/love angle to this arc. Joss wrote an episode in season 2 about a physicist who wanted to stop time. He had to find a way to slice out a moment of space/time as a single unit, because they're a connected pair. All of Fred's talk about Wes being with her, her being with him, got me thinking about W/F as a Bonded Pair. If there's anything of Fred left, Wes might be the anchor keeping her still in the world. Well, that's my theory.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hate seeing posts now talk about Wes as this unfeeling sociopath or something.
Me too [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ...but I'm really glad Wes's getting a great storyline for the end of the show.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Hi everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Rach, thankyou for the AHITW caps [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], great work [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by moonrise:
<STRONG> Wes is so full of heart and that's what's so painful for him. He's been trained to supress things but deep down, he's so passionate.

All of Fred's talk about Wes being with her, her being with him, got me thinking about W/F as a Bonded Pair. If there's anything of Fred left, Wes might be the anchor keeping her still in the world. Well, that's my theory. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
He is trained to keep things hidden, but when his world just folds apart, his world being Fred, Wesley is going to everything to get that world back. He is damn passionate.

Great theory there Moonrise, I can see that happening. Fred still clinging onto Wesley somehow, she's knows he's the one to get her back

Eppy tonight folks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], it's going to be a bumpy road from now on [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I've always been a Wes/Fred fan but im been more or less a lurker for ages. I've been looking at all the lovely fanart and it's gotten me in to a really shippy mood, so im finally delurking and making a post!

Anyway, i just wanted to say hiya to everyone, im pleased to meet some other F/W fans and i'll see y'all around!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by moonrise:
<STRONG>I hate seeing posts now talk about Wes as this unfeeling sociopath or something. Nuh uh. Wes is so full of heart and that's what's so painful for him. He's been trained to supress things but deep down, he's so passionate.</STRONG>
I know! I read one thing (can't remember where, now) where the person writing was just talking about Wes being clinically insane as if that's that, and there's nothing we can do about it. It actually made me quite angry. Whoever they were is a big Wes/Lilah shipper, apparently, and was determined that Lilah is the only one who can keep Wes grounded and stop him from being insane. And they kept saying "Wes/Lilah is the true OTP" ... surely a one true pairing is an opinion thing? For her, maybe, but definitely not for me! She seemed to also be quite anti-Fred in general, too.

I've written a thing for my LJ about it, actually, which I'm going to post in a little while [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Those sort of commments hack me off as well [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]. I think this person is jealous [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] because we all know that W/F are soulmates [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Hi Angelica_Auror, welcome to the thread [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img], great to see newbies joining [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited wes&fred ]
Old 03-03-2004, 09:14 AM
New Fan

I also noticed the reference Fred made to herself in "Sacrifice". Nice to know I'm not the only one watching the TNT episodes on Tuesday nights. (I also watch the episodes on weekdays.)

And as far as Wesley goes, the man has reached the end of his rope. Losing Fred is the final straw for him, he's lost so much over the years, and that's going to bring everything he has suppressed to the surface...as we will very well see in tonight's episode. Wes is nota psychopath or a sociopath, he's just a human being. I wish someone (Lorne or Angel or even Harmony)would comfort Wes. That poor man needs a hug.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, he definitely needs a hug!

Also, I'd just like to *squeeeee* because tonight's ep is up for download already!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Oooh, I was watching the WB last night and they showed a short clip from tonights episode. It showed Spike and Angel fighting Illyria and she blocks all of their moves and is like "unimpressive". She had such a dead, cold voice. I can tell Amy is going to kick ass in this story arc. But hopefully she goes easy on our Wesley. I don't want to see Illyria hurting Wesley.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Ohh I hope not to Jenn. If Fred is alive, maybe Illyria will sense something towards Wesley, ohh heck I'm just speculating. I can't wait to see this

Rach, you lucky thing [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread