Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same with Kendra! I always love her so much more as I am older and I can understand her.
B/A, I loved them season 1-2 but after the Angelus stuff I was off the ship but still was so/so during season 3, just the shipping wasn't there anymore. And I for the most part prefer those pairings as well.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I’ve always liked Kendra from the first time I watched an episode with her

idk if age has anything to do with it...watched the show for the first time 4 years ago at 21

Dru - I like her sometimes (I do like her with Spike)

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-06-2020 at 08:36 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's crazy, when I was younger I really liked Kendra but now I just found her so wooden. Maybe it's cause she doesn't have as much of a pop or personality compared to Buffy and Faith, but I did love Kendra's realistic bluntness. I was always neutral on Angel/Buffy but I feel they were at their best in S2. In S3 the magic was gone and it just felt off, it also really emphasized that Buffy had no future with him or any vampire. It just won't work.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I mean of course I like Buffy and Faith more than Kendra but to be fair Kendra was only in 3 episodes
Old 10-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep! She didn't have the chance to really develop.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Due to my work schedule i am going a lot slower but I am still watching!

214:

I found this episode sort of cheesey. lol. Like, it sucks that Angel lost his humanity and all that but all the mopey music and stuff was so cringey to me. It was rough seeing him be so mean to Buffy, but how she didnt know something was off with him in the after scene was so weird to me. Like obviously Angel would never say those things? Glad it didnt take long for them to figure it out.

I was glad that Giles was cold to Jenny in order to protect Buffy, she messed up.

Good for Buffy saying she was actually gong to kill Angel tho! At the end of the day hes a vampire too, so its prob. the smart decision.

Willow's reaction to Xander and Cordelia was a bit much, I can understand her being weirded out or upset but her total freak out felt a bit over the top to me, I feel like Willow would have been more cool about it on the surface. But she had a point, that Xander kind of ignored their kiss but then is fine sneaking around with someone that he claims to dislike? Honestly though Willow deserves better.

The scene with Oz and Willow was really sweet. I am not the biggest shipper of them but that was a nice moment in the car when he said he wants to kiss her but only when she wants to kiss him. Aww.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Angel losing his soul was one of the best turning points in the show. Yeah, Willow deserved a hell of a lot better than Xander. Glad she found what she needed and deserved in a boyfriend with Oz.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will always be on Jenny side... Angelus killed her whole family however she did NOT know that Buffy sleeping with Angel would be the trigger to him being Angelus in time... no way she'd even want Angelus to come back.

The sad music and all of that was suppose to hit you but I guess if you didn't buy Angel/Buffy romance it would do nothing for you. We are suppose to feel the pain Buffy is going through. Angel is the love of her life and she slept with him and he turned to a complete different person. That's what Buffy saw and the viewers knows what is going on but she doesn't so she's just so confused.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

The sad music and all of that was suppose to hit you but I guess if you didn't buy Angel/Buffy romance it would do nothing for you. We are suppose to feel the pain Buffy is going through. Angel is the love of her life and she slept with him and he turned to a complete different person. That's what Buffy saw and the viewers knows what is going on but she doesn't so she's just so confused.
I remember really feeling for Buffy the first time I watched that scene

will see if I still feel the same re-watching it
Old 10-18-2020, 01:17 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Even though I'm neutral on Angel/Buffy it's easy to feel her pain. It's a reality that some guys sleep with you then treat you like crap afterwards cause they just wanted to get some and nothing more SMH. Angel was acting so different and mean it just made me feel so bad for Buffy in that moment.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep and what made this worst was that Buffy lost her virginity to Angel... she showed a side to her that she never showed to anyone. She was at her most vulnerable place and instead of the man being by herself as she woke up. He was nowhere to be found and when she sees him again, he acts like it's no big deal. Especially when Buffy said, "Was it me? Was I not good." That pained me so much.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

That was horrible. I agree that her losing her virginity was twisting the knife. It's horrible he's not there when she wakes up then later he makes that huge event in her life sound like a fling. When she cried asking if it's her broke my heart. At least Buffy found out quickly that wasn't her Angel.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
That was horrible. I agree that her losing her virginity was twisting the knife. It's horrible he's not there when she wakes up then later he makes that huge event in her life sound like a fling. When she cried asking if it's her broke my heart. At least Buffy found out quickly that wasn't her Angel.
Yep! So she wasn't really thinking all rational or deep, she was just really hurt.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

It just hard for me not to find everything on this show so cheesey lol. I mean, i know it was the times sort of but i cant get past it. Its fun to watch though but I cant take it too seriously. Did you guys all watch when it first aired? Is that why your attachment is so strong?

I def. seem to have a different perspective than everyone else, but thats totally fine. lol.

2x15:

Seems a bit fast to want to sleep with Oz imo.

I was glad that they didnt drop the Willow and Xander thing though. I kinda still like them.

The werewolves in this episode were LOL. Cool twist with Oz being one though I think! The ending line was so cheesey tho!

2x16:

This one was okay, sort of a dumb SL with the love spell. I’m pretty tired of this woe is me stuff with Xander and his love life lol. The plot was super random and messy.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I watch Pateron's! and those are of fans who are watching the show right now. Based on the reactions I watch now of this show... Willow/Xander is as dislike as they were (romantically) in the 90s. lol
Oz/Willow is pretty much liked by most.
Buffy/Angel relationship is so/so... some reviewers complain about the age differences or how rushed it is. Others love it.
I am surprised with how many people were shocked that Angel was a vampire. lol I assume people nowadays would see that one coming. lol

Spike is instantly loved by every reviewer I've watched thus far. Dru as well.

Willow is loved by most of the fans...

A lot of the fans were happy when Angel turned to Angelus as well. lol

So I guess the reactions to current vs past reviewers/watches are about 65% the same...

Reply   Post New Thread