Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cati
One of the funny things B/A shippers like to say is that Buffy hadn't smiled in a long time like she smiled at Angel in Chosen. Yeah, usually she smiles more than a few seconds.
And usually she doesn't have to be told to look happy to see someone. What a lame reunion.
It was a lame reunion! IMHO, I think that that reunion was just to give the B/A fans a little tiny crumb so they weren't all sending nasty letters at the end...
and kinda mushed
not to mention green!

Class of 2009
Old 07-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenpuppies at heart
I think that that reunion was just to give the B/A fans a little tiny crumb so they weren't all sending nasty letters at the end...
That's what I think, too.

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

It's hard to just bash the ship, not the shippers. I try not too, but damn, a lot of them take this denial thing way way too far. They don't even try to be remotely rational and realistic about life and love and how that applies to B/A. Bangel is FOREVAH, end of story. Fictional or not, that way of thinking cannot be healthy.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Bee
I think it's funny how different Spuffy's and Bangel's interperate things. It's like we aren't even watching the same show.
I agree. It's like some fans , some Bangel fans for example, like to watch the show with blinders on. They ignore the fact that Buffy went to Spike and gave him the amulet meant to be worn by a champion, they ignore that she chooses to spend what could have been her last nights on earth in Spike's arms, they ignore that she tells Angel that Spike is in her heart and that she quickly puts hers and Angel's relaitonship in it's place when she tells him "what was the highlight of our relationship when you broke up with me or when I killed you." They ignore that Buffy in fact even tells Spike that she loves him and that Joss Whedon confirms that she means it. They also ignore the fact that Buffy shrugged off her kiss with Angel and called it a hello. All they focus on is the kiss and see that as PROOF that no matter what is said or more importantly what is not said (Like the tilte says Buffy doesn't even tell Angel that she loves him.. knowing that she may never see him again) that Buffy and Angel are true love forever soulmates.

Now as a Spuffy fan I saw the kiss. As nauseous as it made me.. I saw it. I don't deny it.. I also don't deny that they had a romantic relationship. I do deny though that one kiss and a "Someday years if ever" PROVES that all Buffy and Angel see in the future is eachother or that it proves that they are soulmates. I think it takes a hell of a lot more then a kiss and cookie dough speech after almost two years of no contact to prove that.

But Like I said I'm just using that insane troll logic again..

Buffy loves Spike
Old 07-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Just some random Bangel arguments and my responses:

Quote:
Buffy gave Angel hope for the future
Buffy only told Angel there was a small possibility for them and she only said it because she was feeling sorry for him. "if ever" isn't a lot of hope.

Quote:
Buffy's big smile at Angel shows that he is her true love
Buffy had the same bright smile with Wood too. Guess that means she's in love with him! Her smile for Wood was equally bright, and longer than the one for Angel. Angel made Buffy smile for a few seconds only. She was thrilled to see someone she cared about who she hadn't seen in a long time. Likewise she smiled brightly when Giles came back. Her smiles at Spike were not aided by great lighting (like with Wood and Angel) but they were equally genuine.

Quote:
Buffy should be with Angel
I don't want her with Angel because it would be against her will. Angel gave her the chance to be with him and she chose not to take it. It's not for any reason that they CAN'T be together because she can't have a normal life with Spike or the Immortal and she pursued those relationships anyway. It's because the idea of getting back together with Angel gives her no happiness. Her smile was nowhere to be seen once she learned that Angel was interested in getting back together with her.

Quote:
We know, based on Nina's own words to Angel that the first time they ever slept together was AFTER Angel came back from not seeing Buffy. And it ended very quickly there-after. Hell, even Nina knew that. She called Angel on his lying. For that matter, based on recent con reports where the actress Jenny was, SHE knew that Angel/Nina was a rebound thing going nowhere fast.
Angel/Nina is not over. Angel would not have told Connor about a fling. Nina assumed he was breaking up with her and he let her believe that so she would go to safety. But Not Fade Away shows that he was serious about her.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Once upon a time I thought Buffy and Angel were the most amazing couple . . .

Until I grew up.

Her relationship with Spike is grown up!!! And I agree that B/A shippers do kind of watch the show with blinders. They hate Spike and claim that he's never done anything good for Buffy.

Hmmm . . . what? As a B/S fan, I am totally willing to admit that Buffy and Angel had a beuatiful love but they both grew up and even though they will always have love for each other, they will never be in love again. Their time passed.

Spike and Buffy took their time getting to know each other's faults and weaknesses as well as their strengths and went a million wrong ways before they found love with each other. That's how real love works.

~T'Lynn
Old 07-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Addicted Fan

My new analogy: B/A are like hemorrhoids, icky and iirritating. I've never actually had hemorrhoids but I hear they're a real pain in the butt, literally...like Bangel

That would make a funny title

B/A is like hemorrhoids: A real pain in the butt.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

B/A sucks... lollipops.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Since I hadn't watched a BtVS episode in over a year, I decided to start from the beginning again. I'm currently on What's My Line 2.

Anyway, I told myself to clear my mind of all I know, and watch as if I'm a new fan. But damnit, B/A just make me want to puke every time they're on screen together. And I realized how little progression their relationship really had. It was like "Hey, nice to meet you" then BAM, "I love you".

Seriously, watch from Welcome to the Hellmouth up to, say, Lie to Me (the first time Buffy says "I love you" to him) and you'll see what I mean. There's no way I could have ever liked this couple. I need that long, drawn-out, messy love to pull me in. The whole 'love at first sight' crap never did anything for me.

And I could rant on and on about how torturous it is to sit through early S2, but I'll leave that for another day. I'm off to bed now.

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Title Suggestion: Because one kiss per season doesn't rebuild a relationship
Old 07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
One of the funny things B/A shippers like to say is that Buffy hadn't smiled in a long time like she smiled at Angel in Chosen. Yeah, usually she smiles more than a few seconds.
Speaking of Buffy not smiling like that in a long time when she saw Angel; That's utter crap. She lit up like a Christmas tree around Wood. How can the Bangel's explain that?

Quote:
It's hard to just bash the ship, not the shippers. I try not too, but damn, a lot of them take this denial thing way way too far. They don't even try to be remotely rational and realistic about life and love and how that applies to B/A. Bangel is FOREVAH, end of story. Fictional or not, that way of thinking cannot be healthy.
I agree. There's quite a few Bangel fans (who I won't name) on the Ducks board who are just so in denial about B/A. One even went as far as to say that she was happy with the way things ended for Buffy/Angel. LMFAO. If I were a Bangel fan I wouldn't be happy because Joss didn't give them anything in EOD/Chosen.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarhiliel
I love this title. Basically because as we all know some B/A shippers see the kisses and tend to block out everything before and after that. And I think this title really nails that issue.

FYI: About Attacking the Ship and not the Shippers: I try hard not to bash shippers.. sometimes I say things like "Some B/A fans put on blinders or live in denial when it comes to Bangel." And basically thats just commenting on how they view the show.. I try hard not to make personal critisms or attack them on a personal level. Comments like "All Spuffies are sick and twisted or Spike lovers approve of rape" that I have seen on the net to me cross a very fine line thats not appropriate and they are just vast generalizations of fangroups that are completely wrong and insulting on a personal level.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 07-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Watching Buffy and Spike kiss make me want to jump of down. Watching Angel and Buffy Kiss make me want to run away. I am not hurt by the words they calls us because I think Buffy and Spike make a great couple and I am sticking to this couple. Beside lot of hot smokey Moments between Spuffy. hehehe

Spuffy Forever
<--------- watch Spike show off his butt

Last edited by B/Slover; 07-27-2004 at 06:46 PM
Old 07-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Buffy and Angel's season 6 meeting (between Flooded and Life Serial):

ANGEL: Oh, Buffy you're alive! How long have you been back?

(they embrace)

BUFFY: Uh... a few days.

ANGEL: What? I only learned earlier today. From Willow. What were you doing that was so much more important than calling me?

BUFFY: I had a lot on my mind. A pipe was dripping water, Dawn needed lunch to take to school, I resumed training with Giles, sat around on the porch with Spike and I had to go to the bank. Thankfully Willow thought to call you so no harm, we're reunited! Tell me how you managed after I died. You must have been absolutely devastasted, cried your eyes out, could barely go on...

ANGEL: Umm, well I went to a monastery but...

BUFFY: But?

ANGEL: I was okay, I could deal.

BUFFY: But I'm your truest love!

ANGEL: I know, I felt a lot of guilt for not being more devastated.

BUFFY: Oh, that makes it better. Now I know why you were the last thing on my mind after being brought back.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarhiliel
Excellent suggestion! I added it to the first post!

Last edited by Cati; 07-27-2004 at 09:03 PM
Old 07-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Cati
Buffy and Angel's season 6 meeting (between Flooded and Life Serial):

ANGEL: Oh, Buffy you're alive! How long have you been back?

(they embrace)

BUFFY: Uh... a few days.

ANGEL: What? I only learned earlier today. From Willow. What were you doing that was so much more important than calling me?

BUFFY: I had a lot on my mind. A pipe was dripping water, Dawn needed lunch to take to school, I resumed training with Giles, sat around on the porch with Spike and I had to go to the bank. Thankfully Willow thought to call you so no harm, we're reunited! Tell me how you managed after I died. You must have been absolutely devastasted, cried your eyes out, could barely go on...

ANGEL: Umm, well I went to a monastery but...

BUFFY: But?

ANGEL: I was okay, I could deal.

BUFFY: But I'm your truest love!

ANGEL: I know, I felt a lot of guilt for not being more devastated.

BUFFY: Oh, that makes it better. Now I know why you were the last thing on my mind after being brought back.
lol!