Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
All you had to do is ask
Original Script - Pilot
Just started to read the script, and it's funny to see that the surname of Alicia as changed and Peter was not Peter ... everything changed for him. Will's surname changed also.
They depict Peter has being 40, and Alicia late 30's. I see them a little older like 3 or 4 years older.

Will is already described as being one the top 50 Chicago bachelors.

Ok I'm not going to rewrite the script here, but there is so much info inside. I would have loved to read the other ones.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I wonder why he got promoted. I know they were trying to amp his sex appeal but I always found #16 a little high. Don't shoot, ok? I'm asking genuinely, I like the guy.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
I wonder why he got promoted. I know they were trying to amp his sex appeal but I always found #16 a little high. Don't shoot, ok? I'm asking genuinely, I like the guy.
Not hurting the actor's ego? I don't know really, but I always took it to also imply that Will was a pretty high profile guy. The kind whose pictures you'd see in the society sections or tabloids attending parties and gallery openings etc.Maybe some of it comes from them trying to net in people from different professions. You know how the press has the go to hot shot lawyer/doctor/columnist etc? I think Will may be one of those. Their version of beauty with brains? It's an interesting contrast really, Diane gets profiles in Mother Jones and Will features in Chicago Magazine's "Helping Women Get off Since 1998" issue.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Hey Shama, long time no chat

Quote:
Not hurting the actor's ego?
Heh I never really thought that was about physique.

Quote:
I always took it to also imply that Will was a pretty high profile guy. The kind whose pictures you'd see in the society sections or tabloids attending parties and gallery openings etc
And that's exactly why it seemed weird to me. He's a workaholic and seems like a sports guy, very genuine. I don't really see him being a male socialite. I always thought he was more than happy to leave the client schmoozing (unless it got him season tickets to the Cubs) and the gala representation to Diane.

And I'm not denying the guy is handsome and probably making a buck but it's Chicago. I'd be surprised they didn't find quite a few single lawyers fitting the bill. It's not as if the firm was into high profile cases either. Or they would have shown that earlier I guess.

But maybe this should go in the Will thread I'm just back and disturbing everything already
Old 06-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hey Shama, long time no chat
I know! I've not been as regular here and I suspect neither have you. I miss TGW live tweeting.

Quote:
He's a workaholic and seems like a sports guy, very genuine. I don't really see him being a male socialite
I think that is part of the job for him. He's a workaholic, but not in the "lock yourself into a room and work for 20 hours a day" type. He seems to have far too many connections to be that kind of a lawyer. He always has friends who know people etc. He schmoozes with all the judges. He brings in quite a lot of important cases. He brought in Sheffrin/Marks, Colin Sweeney etc. He seems to know a lot of lawyers etc. I just think he likes to get his and the firm's name out there. And I think he's right....it is a very important part of being a successful lawyer. Part of the reason I'm trying to get out of it
And we have seen a few examples of him ducking out after work to some social function or the other.

On the other hand, Diane's contacts seem to be born out of common work, or common convictions and ideals. Not really the casual acquaintances that Will seems to boast of.

Quote:
And I'm not denying the guy is handsome and probably making a buck but it's Chicago.
I don't know Chicago so I can't say. But I always thought that since it was not an entertainment hub or a fashion capital someone like Will would have a better shot at getting in than if he were in LA or NY. The only thing Chicago seems to be popular in is politics and sports. And the politicians that I've seen are not exactly handsome.

Okay going back to lurking.....
Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_em (View Post)
Yes, I noticed it last year.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Something that's been bugging me: the client in Stripped looks A LOT like Will's tattoo lawyer friend (she's in Infamy) ! I swear I thought they were the same actress and every time I look at one I'm reminded of the other.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know! I've not been as regular here and I suspect neither have you. I miss TGW live tweeting.
I guess we could organize something. I don't mind watching the episodes with you guys.

Quote:
the client in Stripped looks A LOT like Will's tattoo lawyer friend
I noticed it too! They look very much alike. Not like twins but close enough. I think tattooed Lawyer's eyes were not blue though.

So what do you make of Kalinda's attitude with Christie in Stripped? Hypocritical much?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I know! I've not been as regular here and I suspect neither have you
I have been MIA. Life does get busy and I know it doesn't sound like a great excuse but I got a puppy recently and he's very demanding (or maybe it's just that I've been vying for my girl's attention ever since I got the puppy for some reason puppies are chick magnets )

Quote:
I miss TGW live tweeting
We should totally do that again. We can live tweet on S& episodes, right? It wouldn't be live really but whatever.

Quote:
I just think he likes to get his and the firm's name out there. And I think he's right....it is a very important part of being a successful lawyer. Part of the reason I'm trying to get out of it
Heh I get that and you're probably right about Will. I didn't get the impression he had much of a life outside the office but he does get to pick up women so he gets around a little, even if it's for work.

Quote:
So what do you make of Kalinda's attitude with Christie in Stripped? Hypocritical much?
Oh come on I know you think she was being judgmental but she was just pissed off she lied to them.
Plus hooking is not the same thing has sleeping around, right? Right? (right?)

I really need to do a write up on those two episodes. I have time tomorrow so I'll try to put a few things down.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
for some reason puppies are chick magnets
Umm yeah. And last I checked I was a chick, so .......is it a mixed breed, or a pedigreed dog? Male/female? does it do that thing where it closes its mouth with a little bit of his tongue caught in it? Does it crook its head to the side when it hears a strange noise like a musical instrument (I call it the quizzical expression)? Does the house smell of puppy now? Does it bite your toes?
You don't need to answer those questions.....I was just proving you right.

Quote:
I guess we could organize something. I don't mind watching the episodes with you guys.
I don't either but I don't think twitter would suffice now. With new episodes you're so caught up that you can't afford to write more than 140 characters. With the old ones, if we start talking about them while we're watching them we'll never stop and the episode will end and we'll still be discussing the first scene.

Quote:
I didn't get the impression he had much of a life outside the office but he does get to pick up women so he gets around a little, even if it's for work
That too. Plus he's always heading out to lunch, or early breakfasts or dinners. I think he goes home just to sleep. Sometimes not even that. The rest is either in the office or outside.

Quote:
Christie was a hooker. Kalinda doesn't mind sleeping with married people. I don't think they're comparable at all. Also, I don't think Kalinda had a problem with her stripping till she picked up that Christie was lying and was a hooker before that. Plus, there is a chance that the character changed from the early episodes. Peter's, Diane's and Cary's did.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Comments after re-re-re-rewatching "Pilot" - because there are always things to see for the first time ...

Alicia & Kalinda:Yes, it's evident disdain of Kalinda for Alicia at the beginning. I think by then, she sees her as the housewife who decided to play lawyer . But what's even more interesting to observe is the evolution of Kalinda's facial expressions that accompany the shift of her opinion regarding Alicia.

"No tea for me, Mrs. Duretsky" - I love this scene (it came to my mind the movie Arsenic and Old Lace, with Cary Grant?!?, wonder why?!)

Judge Cuesta definitely raised the bar high for the judges that followed!

Also noticed that it's in this episode that Cary mentions he participated in the Innocence Project, and refers to Barry Scheck, which are mentioned again in Nine Hours.

Just noticed today: the offices of L&G weren't the only ones that got changed. Alicia's apartment changed even more in relation to the following episodes. It's a all different place... at least the kitchen and the living room....
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
Just noticed today: the offices of L&G weren't the only ones that got changed. Alicia's apartment changed even more in relation to the following episodes. It's a all different place... at least the kitchen and the living room....
The pilot was shot in Vancouver, which explains the difference in Alicia's apartment and L&G offices. And then when they went to NYC to shoot TGW, it took them some time to build the set for L&G, which means that we have a few epi where it is not the set for the office (but they shot in real places).
Old 06-04-2011, 11:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirani (View Post)
We just watch them whenever we want?

OP = Original Post(er)
Thanks, for explaining about bumping a thread and also the meaning of OP. I am still catching up on all the terms and their meanings. i amenjoying reading all the posts.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
or maybe it's just that I've been vying for my girl's attention ever since I got the puppy for some reason puppies are chick magnets
you're hopeless! I think it's baby training for you. Now you know what your life will be like when you have kids
and you're right it's the lamest excuse ever

Quote:
You don't need to answer those questions.....I was just proving you right.
yes let's not turn this thread into the "Life of Lily" thread

Quote:
if we start talking about them while we're watching them we'll never stop and the episode will end and we'll still be discussing the first scene.
Just what I was thinking. Even a chat (without the 140 characters limit) would just not do it. We're a chatty bunch.

Quote:
know you think she was being judgmental but she was just pissed off she lied to them.
Maybe. It's hard to tell with Kalinda. I was already surprised at her tone when I saw it the first time because she didn't seem like someone who would pass judgment on people but now with what we know of her, it seems even less likely.

Quote:
Plus, there is a chance that the character changed from the early episodes. Peter's, Diane's and Cary's did.
Sure but they had already established in the previous episode that she was ruthless about using her sexuality to get what she needed. But you both make sense and it's about the lying more than anything.

Quote:
I think he goes home just to sleep. Sometimes not even that. The rest is either in the office or outside.
sounds like Will. I think he's probably much like Kalinda in that regard too. I don't envision her spending a lot of time at home. I'm not sure she even takes vacation of weekends off.

Quote:
it's evident disdain of Kalinda for Alicia at the beginning. I think by then, she sees her as the housewife who decided to play lawyer
Could be a little bit of that and I think, considering the bar conversation later on, she's got a little contempt for Alicia for sticking with Peter. Much like a lot of other people do from the get-go.

Then she realizes (when she stands up to Diane) that she's got more guts than she credited her with and I think there's definitely a change of attitude from Kalinda after that. She's less dismissive and even becomes very protective.
In that regard, the interesting "Screw you" deleted scene makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
"No tea for me, Mrs. Duretsky" - I love this scene (it came to my mind the movie Arsenic and Old Lace, with Cary Grant?!?, wonder why?!)
because you have great standards

Quote:
Judge Cuesta definitely raised the bar high for the judges that followed!
There was a very clear effort to make the judges colorful and give them their own little persona from day one. I liked that. Compared to shows like L&O where you keep seeing the same judges over and over but they are mostly interchangeable.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season One Review

This week episodes: Home and Fixed