Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'd forgotten about this thread

Welcome Ed. Please don't hesitate to join the discussion or to ask questions anytime

The pilot was shot in Vancouver but the other episodes were shot in NYC. However the set does change from episode 4 (Fixed) onward. My guess is they reused another one from another movie or tvshow in the first couple of episodes in NYC because they other one was not ready yet.
I think the final set, that's been used in Season 1 is a great reflection of a medium size law firm with big ambitions. And the glass walls help a lot for the shooting and gave them some great opportunities for beautiful shots. but it's a question of appreciation I guess.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Season One Review it's officially open. One week for two episodes, feel free to bump the old threads in case you feel the need.

Season One Review

This week episodes: The Pilot and Stripped

Last edited by Det.Logan; 06-05-2011 at 01:10 AM
Old 05-30-2011, 01:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I
The pilot was shot in Vancouver but the other episodes were shot in NYC.
Well, I didn't know about that though I noticed the changes in the set of SL&G since Stripped.
But there is a video clip I saw in which JM mentioned that when she was offered the role, the show was supposed to shoot in Vancouver or LA. And JM didn't want to uproot her life there though she wanted it badly. So I guess they made a compromise by moving to NYC.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
The Season One Review it's officially open. One week for two episodes, feel free to bump the old threads in case you feel the need.

This week episodes: The Pilot and Stripped.
What does bumping a thread mean.? Also, I think I know what OP is or means, but can someone please explain in case I am wrong.
Thank you.

Last edited by elles44; 05-30-2011 at 06:13 AM Reason: Spelling
Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by elles44 (View Post)
What does bumping a thread mean.? Also, I think I know what OP is or means, but can someone please explain in case I am wrong.
Thank you.
Means that you can go a find the old thread related to the specific episode and start posting there.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Cool beans another excuse to re-watch not that I need any

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Cool beans another excuse to re-watch not that I need any
More like re-re-re-watch
Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Extreme Fan

ooooh, rewatch, cool! I'll have something to do in the winter other than freeze
Old 05-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
More like re-re-re-watch
Ha I know! in the past few weeks I seen S1 so much! Saturday I was suppose to watch Nurse Jackie, ended up watching TGW

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Extreme Fan

We just watch them whenever we want?

Quote:
Also, I think I know what OP is or means, but can someone please explain in case I am wrong
OP = Original Post(er)
Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But there is a video clip I saw in which JM mentioned that when she was offered the role, the show was supposed to shoot in Vancouver or LA. And JM didn't want to uproot her life there though she wanted it badly. So I guess they made a compromise by moving to NYC.
Yep. They shot the pilot in Vancouver because it's cheaper and they didn't want to have to get the production going in NYC (in case the pilot didn't even make it on the air) but Julianna agreed to do the show only if it was done in NYC. Bless her

Quote:
We just watch them whenever we want?
Sure. If anyone wants to organize a watch party and watch them at the same time, it can be fun too but we'll have to discuss specifics

for the rewatch!! Let's get this thing started!

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-31-2011 at 02:23 AM
Old 05-30-2011, 10:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
More like re-re-re-watch
Exactly! The show is so amazing that no matter how many times I've been watching it, I just LOVE it !
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

My thoughts on the Pilot:

Alicia looks so devastated on that stage! I feel so bad for her. You can tell she is so mortified she just wants to disappear. Great acting there by JM.

Peter: "I do admit to a failure of judgment for my private dealings with these women." At the outset, it was definitely more than one hooker. I think the writers morphed that into Amber 18 times to put a face on it when she starts to make trouble by going to the media.

Love the slap. She didn't hold back.

I love Julianna's hair. It's so obviously her own hair. I miss it and hate the wig. In that video of her with the other Emmy nominees that was posted the other day her hair looked sooo gorgeous! Why do they need to use that infernal wig? Is her real life hair style too sexy and pretty for Alicia the character or what?

OK now to a question I've been wondering for a while now. How do you guys think Alicia came to work at SLG? Do you think Alicia called Will specifically or do you think she called several firms and Will put in a good word and she got a chance that way? Or do you think Will called her after the scandal hit to see if she was ok or needed anything and she mentioned in passing she needed to find work? Just curious what everyone else thinks...

W/A: instant connection. I just love the way they interact with each other. They are so easy around each other. And we have the first mention of having dinner together in their first scene! He's also instantly reassuring telling her "Don't be nervous." Awww...and he speaks highly of her. Top of her class at Georgetown, highest billable hours at a good firm. Gives us a glimpse at what she gave up for Peter and her family. Diane looks amazing! Love the shorter hair on her...I'm glad they lost the dog after the pilot. Diane doesn't seem the type to have dog hair all over her expensive suits...Cary so condescending...God.

K/A: Just a liiiittle bit of hostility there! She's pretty tough on her at first but warms to her pretty quickly.

Grace gaining weight? Really Jackie? Can't stand her right off the bat. Plus her 'poor Peter, he's hurting in there.' smh

Peter is just so clueless! Wow, I had forgotten. He's trying to excuse himself about the corruption charges when all that matters to Alicia is that he cheated on her and in the process was brought up on corruption charges and destroyed their family. 'Thanks for playing the breadwinner for a while' 'everything goes back to normal'? Completely patronizing and trying to gloss over what's happened. The way he keeps trying to touch her thinking he can jolly her along into getting over it and forgetting about what he did.

Ok I really don't get Alicia getting demoted for finding new evidence that would help the client? But I love Will calling Diane on it.

The kids look so young, especially Zach! He's changed a lot!

Yay Will in court to watch her in action. The Awesome Threesome together for the first time!!! Aaaand the Wink! Love it! So cute! Also W/A's first brainstorming session and the first mention of Georgetown. That scene is when I first decided I wanted them together as a couple. Alicia just seems so miserable when she's around Peter, understandable after what he's put her through, and so happy around Will. It's like he takes her someplace where she can forget all her problems for a while. Btw, I like Will's hair a little more tousled. They comb it so severely usually, it makes him look old. I like the episodes where he's a little disheveled or dressed down. I hope we get to see more of that in Season 3.

Love the scene btw Alicia and Childs! So powerful! Another great piece of acting by JM! And first tequila shots for K/A! Alicia says she was unprepared for what happened. I love the writing on this show. That word, unprepared, hits the nail on the head exactly. You need time to regroup and figure out what you're gonna do.

Will never misses an opportunity to pat her on the back, does he? That's another thing I love about him. And then her happiness evaporates with Peter's VM. She doesn't look too thrilled that he might get out, because then she'll have to deal with him and their relationship and where they go from here...

I'll try to get to Stripped tomorrow...

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen

Last edited by Will's Girl; 05-31-2011 at 01:09 AM
Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will's Girl (View Post)
I'm glad they lost the dog after the pilot. Diane doesn't seem the type to have dog hair all over her expensive suits
Actually, "Justice" appears twice in this show (Pilot and Bad). In Bad, Diane took her gun out from the night table one night when she heard something strange and was in fear that a drug dealer was gonna kill her b/c she spoke against his release at a parole hearing earlier. But then it turned out to be Justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will's Girl (View Post)
Btw, I like Will's hair a little more tousled. They comb it so severely usually, it makes him look old. I like the episodes where he's a little disheveled or dressed down. I hope we get to see more of that in Season 3.
Totally agree! I think Will looks younger in the Pilot and I guess that's because his hair is shorter then. Sometimes Will does look more attractive when he is not wearing some fancy expensive suits IMO.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Actually, "Justice" appears twice in this show (Pilot and Bad).
I think it was not really easy to act with a dog and they decided it really wasn't that important so they only brought him back in Bad because they needed him in that scene. I do love that she calls her dog Justice though

Quote:
I love Julianna's hair. It's so obviously her own hair.
You think so? It certainly did look more natural so if it's a wig, it was a better one.

Quote:
Is her real life hair style too sexy and pretty for Alicia the character or what?
Yep. That's my guess. It's too wild and dark. Not Alicia at all.

Quote:
I think the writers morphed that into Amber 18 times to put a face on it when she starts to make trouble by going to the media.
As weird as it sounds, I think they were trying to redeem him by making it only one

Quote:
Love the slap. She didn't hold back.
no she did not! I remember Julianna said Chris told her not to hold back and he said later she almost knocked him out

Quote:
K/A: Just a liiiittle bit of hostility there!
A little? she's downright rude. it

Quote:
Plus her 'poor Peter, he's hurting in there.' smh
Well, let's be fair to the woman, her son is in jail and it's not as if he was a murderer or a rapist. If you were a mother and your son went to jail, you'd probably be concerned too. I hope.

Quote:
Completely patronizing and trying to gloss over what's happened. The way he keeps trying to touch her thinking he can jolly her along into getting over it and forgetting about what he did.
I think you might be seeing this through your bias. I see a man who doesn't know how to talk to his wife and who is in a bad place (of his own fault, I'm not excusing him) and trying to sound like everything is normal.

I think it would make for an easier discussion if everyone kept an open mind on every character