View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Gelfling
Elite Fan

Quote:
or maybe it's just that I've been vying for my girl's attention ever since I got the puppy for some reason puppies are chick magnets
you're hopeless! I think it's baby training for you. Now you know what your life will be like when you have kids
and you're right it's the lamest excuse ever

Quote:
You don't need to answer those questions.....I was just proving you right.
yes let's not turn this thread into the "Life of Lily" thread

Quote:
if we start talking about them while we're watching them we'll never stop and the episode will end and we'll still be discussing the first scene.
Just what I was thinking. Even a chat (without the 140 characters limit) would just not do it. We're a chatty bunch.

Quote:
know you think she was being judgmental but she was just pissed off she lied to them.
Maybe. It's hard to tell with Kalinda. I was already surprised at her tone when I saw it the first time because she didn't seem like someone who would pass judgment on people but now with what we know of her, it seems even less likely.

Quote:
Plus, there is a chance that the character changed from the early episodes. Peter's, Diane's and Cary's did.
Sure but they had already established in the previous episode that she was ruthless about using her sexuality to get what she needed. But you both make sense and it's about the lying more than anything.

Quote:
I think he goes home just to sleep. Sometimes not even that. The rest is either in the office or outside.
sounds like Will. I think he's probably much like Kalinda in that regard too. I don't envision her spending a lot of time at home. I'm not sure she even takes vacation of weekends off.

Quote:
it's evident disdain of Kalinda for Alicia at the beginning. I think by then, she sees her as the housewife who decided to play lawyer
Could be a little bit of that and I think, considering the bar conversation later on, she's got a little contempt for Alicia for sticking with Peter. Much like a lot of other people do from the get-go.

Then she realizes (when she stands up to Diane) that she's got more guts than she credited her with and I think there's definitely a change of attitude from Kalinda after that. She's less dismissive and even becomes very protective.
In that regard, the interesting "Screw you" deleted scene makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
"No tea for me, Mrs. Duretsky" - I love this scene (it came to my mind the movie Arsenic and Old Lace, with Cary Grant?!?, wonder why?!)
because you have great standards

Quote:
Judge Cuesta definitely raised the bar high for the judges that followed!
There was a very clear effort to make the judges colorful and give them their own little persona from day one. I liked that. Compared to shows like L&O where you keep seeing the same judges over and over but they are mostly interchangeable.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"