Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will's Girl (View Post)
My thoughts on the Pilot:
Alicia looks so devastated on that stage! I feel so bad for her. You can tell she is so mortified she just wants to disappear. Great acting there by JM.
It's incredible the acting of JM. She looks so tired in this epi (tired of all this scandal). And through S1 & S2, you see how she's getting better.

Quote:
OK now to a question I've been wondering for a while now. How do you guys think Alicia came to work at SLG? Do you think Alicia called Will specifically or do you think she called several firms and Will put in a good word and she got a chance that way? Or do you think Will called her after the scandal hit to see if she was ok or needed anything and she mentioned in passing she needed to find work? Just curious what everyone else thinks...
I do think that Alicia gave a call to Will and asked for a job. She knew she could count on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will's Girl (View Post)
Btw, I like Will's hair a little more tousled. They comb it so severely usually, it makes him look old. I like the episodes where he's a little disheveled or dressed down. I hope we get to see more of that in Season 3.
You're absolutely right !!!! That's one of the reason I like Komus' avatar.

Quote:
W/A: instant connection. I just love the way they interact with each other. They are so easy around each other. And we have the first mention of having dinner together in their first scene! He's also instantly reassuring telling her "Don't be nervous." Awww...and he speaks highly of her. Top of her class at Georgetown, highest billable hours at a good firm. Gives us a glimpse at what she gave up for Peter and her family.
I like when he goes to her office, and they have that nice little talk about Georgetown.

Quote:
Diane looks amazing! Love the shorter hair on her...I'm glad they lost the dog after the pilot.
I appreciate that the dog is no longer at the office after the pilot. I don't see Diane like that (it would make her a lot more conservative).

I do appreciate the ground they are giving to the A&K friendship. It is so hard now to see how things have turned.
I also think that the pilot says a lot about Peter. I really like CN acting. And even if I'm a W&A shipper, I really do think that he's doing an amazing job.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, let's be fair to the woman, her son is in jail and it's not as if he was a murderer or a rapist. If you were a mother and your son went to jail, you'd probably be concerned too. I hope.
If my son went to jail or treated his wife in that way, I'd be seriously concerned about who my son was as a person and we'd have a major sit down and I would tell him what he had done was not ok under any circumstances as well as just what I thought about his behavior. As a parent, I don't coddle or excuse my kids when they do something wrong. They answer for it and apologize and hopefully use it as a learning experience for how to correct their behavior. As a mother, Jackie's behavior horrifies me, to be honest.
Quote:
I think you might be seeing this through your bias. I see a man who doesn't know how to talk to his wife and who is in a bad place (of his own fault, I'm not excusing him) and trying to sound like everything is normal.
I think his behavior in that situation is very realistic and human. Whenever we do something wrong, we try to minimize it in the eyes of others or try and excuse it. It's a completely human reaction and another example of the excellent writing on this show, and Noth does a great job with it. And Alicia's reaction as the wronged party is just as natural and realistic, imo.
Quote:
no she did not! I remember Julianna said Chris told her not to hold back and he said later she almost knocked him out
I can tell by the look on his face afterward. That isn't acting. She hurt him with that slap.
Quote:
Actually, "Justice" appears twice in this show (Pilot and Bad). In Bad, Diane took her gun out from the night table one night when she heard something strange and was in fear that a drug dealer was gonna kill her b/c she spoke against his release at a parole hearing earlier. But then it turned out to be Justice.
Was that a dog? For some reason I was thinking it was a cat that came in the room. Diane seems more like a cat person to me for some reason. Ok, now I can't wait to see Bad, it's bugging me.
Quote:
You're absolutely right !!!! That's one of the reason I like Komus' avatar.
Ok, now I need to go find a post by Komus so I can see that avatar!

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_em (View Post)
I also think that the pilot says a lot about Peter.
It does but says a lot about the old Peter too. I just think about the difference between the Pilot and Running, where in the Pilot he does not get that she likes to work, he is already telling her than when he gets out she won't have to work again. Compare to Running where he tells her he wants her to work, and is not acting as if she should not work. I think Peter himself did not realize how much his wife loved her job.

Quote:
As a parent, I don't coddle or excuse my kids when they do something wrong. They answer for it and apologize and hopefully use it as a learning experience for how to correct their behavior. As a mother, Jackie's behavior horrifies me, to be honest.
Jackie's from a different generation. And like some of us have discussed before, maybe Jackie herself was cheated on? And of course she's concern. Peter cheated and what he did was awful, but his been in jail for four months of course she will be concern. Cheating on your wife is not enough to be sent to jail (of course there is more but thats probably how Jackie sees it). I am not surprise Jackie acts this way, she feels like A should have moved on, as a mother she forgives much faster. Fluff is right, his not a rapist or a murderer.

Aah the pilot! So much greatness! That first JM scene is just amazing! the slap is amazing!
I feel so sad for Alicia when she visits Peter in jail, she looks so devastated. You know what I find a little weird that the next time she goes to see him, she seems more relax and it does not feel as tense (at first) which is kind of odd, compare how bad things were in the pilot.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Jackie's from a different generation.
Very true. I love my mother and former mother in law to death, but they both have a tendency to be a doormat for their husbands, which irks me to death. Some of her lines just rubbed me the wrong way, I guess. The one about him hurting. He's not the only one plus he's the one who caused all the hurt. And also where she says something about Alicia needing to forgive him and sort of move on is incredibly insensitive but hey, that's Jackie for you!
I'm spending way too much time on this but this should be my last major post on the Pilot, I hope. I've been reading over the original thread for the Pilot. Many people have mentioned having read the script. I would love to read it, is it available online anywhere?
Quote:
But reading the Pilot script really added to my appreciation of it. Especially a line about the piece of lint. It was something like : the whole world wrapped up in that little piece of lint. And the character description of Alicia which said, among other things, that she was struggling not to outshine her husband. And the slap gets a rewind every time I watch this ep.
I would also like to say that in the Pilot script Alicia is painted as being very furious with Peter. You get the feeling that she is done with him. He's not grey, almost all black. He is also a lot more condescending towards her. If they had gone with that, there would have been no hope for a reconciliation. But it was softened a lot in the actual episode. It may have to do with CN playing Peter and they wanted him to stick around longer.
The comment above is by Shama in the original Pilot thread. I found it interesting that Alicia was struggling not to outshine her husband. Is this the real reason she quit working and focused on home life? If so, that gives a whole new dimension to the story and to Peter's insecurities and hang-ups such as perhaps feeling threatened or inadequate in the face of a smart, competent woman, which Alicia is. His mother is very subservient and deferrential, as Kiki has pointed out, she is a woman of a different generation. Men seem to look for their wives to be like their mothers, same temperament, etc. I find the whole thing fascinating to think about, although I could be totally off base. I'm glad they softened Peter a bit to keep open the possibility of a reconciliation. It makes for better drama even if it seems this is further evidence that the writers never intended for it to actually happen, which is kind of surprising to me.
Quote:
Right before she catches up with him outside the conference room, she calls out to him. And there is a brief look of trepidation/apprehension on her face. And when he reacts very warmly she relaxes again. So I was thinking whether that look of uncertainty came from their new boss/employee relationship and not knowing exactly how formal she must act around him. Or does it come from their past at Georgetown and how they left their relationship there? It could be something like neither knows how much the other resents/regrets. And I noticed the chemistry in this episode. I wasn't fond of Will. I really started rooting for them and fell in love with their chemistry in Crash.
Yes, she does look very apprehensive, and I think he picks up on it, too, because almost immediately he's reassuring her, telling her not to be nervous, etc. I think it has to do with their new dynamic as boss/employee, because later in her office when they are reminiscing on Georgetown there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness or issues. They both remember that time very warmly and fondly. I'm a little surprised it took you until Crash, Shama, to start liking Will. There was quite a lot of Will/Alicia in the Pilot, how warmly he responds to her at the beginning, the wink during the trial, the bottle of champagne, even when he sees her in the parking garage, but especially their first bull session scene when they are talking about Georgetown, where I thought their chemistry and camaraderie were off the charts.
Quote:
And Kalinda in a pant-suit!!! I almost fell over. There was still cleavage involved. After all it is still Kalinda. I think they were trying to make her dress more conservatively for court earlier. But then decided that she is Kalinda and that's enough said. Now she wears the boldest colors to court.
I noticed this too. Wasn't she wearing jeans at one point when they are walking down the street? I could have sworn she was but I could be mistaken.

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

@Will's Girl ... love to read your post.

Quote:
I'm spending way too much time on this but this should be my last major post on the Pilot, I hope. I've been reading over the original thread for the Pilot. Many people have mentioned having read the script. I would love to read it, is it available online anywhere?
I would love also to read it. If you know how to get the script, I would love to know how you do
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Just finished rewatching the pilot, I really had a great time even more so than before because I knew I was coming here after to talk about it!

Quote:
Aah the pilot! So much greatness! That first JM scene is just amazing! the slap is amazing!
JM is really good! She doesn't say a word, it's all in the facial expression and the way she holds herself.

Quote:
As a mother, Jackie's behavior horrifies me, to be honest.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Quote:
Jackie's from a different generation. And like some of us have discussed before, maybe Jackie herself was cheated on? And of course she's concern. Peter cheated and what he did was awful, but his been in jail for four months of course she will be concern. Cheating on your wife is not enough to be sent to jail (of course there is more but thats probably how Jackie sees it). I am not surprise Jackie acts this way, she feels like A should have moved on, as a mother she forgives much faster. Fluff is right, his not a rapist or a murderer.
I don't think the fact of being from another generation has anything to do with Jackie's reaction. Older generation women may have been dominated by their husbands, but as far as I know they were quite strict in teaching right from wrong and expected a lot of their children.
Jackie is incapable of blaming Peter for anything, and I think that's more because the man she has given birth to can't possibly do anything wrong.

Quote:
I love Julianna's hair. It's so obviously her own hair. I miss it and hate the wig.
I don't know if it's her own hair but it's much nicer than now!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I would love also to read it. If you know how to get the script, I would love to know how you do
Quote:
I would love to read it, is it available online anywhere?
I could email it to you guys if you PM me your email addresses. I think it's well worth the 30-40 minutes you'll spend reading on it. For one, there are little changes from the script to the episode. Like the incident of Alicia running into her old friend, which gets rehashed into the episode Home, is actually in the Pilot. And JM always says that the first thing that struck her about the show was how well written the Pilot was. Now, I have not read many other pilot scripts (except Sports Night and Cable News) but it really is well written.
Can't reply to any posts right now, but I will mail you guys the Pilot script.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Shama: I love your new icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
I could email it to you guys if you PM me your email addresses. I think it's well worth the 30-40 minutes you'll spend reading on it. For one, there are little changes from the script to the episode. Like the incident of Alicia running into her old friend, which gets rehashed into the episode Home, is actually in the Pilot. And JM always says that the first thing that struck her about the show was how well written the Pilot was. Now, I have not read many other pilot scripts (except Sports Night and Cable News) but it really is well written.
I'm going to PM you my e-mail address, but do you have all the script or just the one of the Pilot. I'm curious to know how you got it (well if you can answer my question).
Old 05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Check you PM Yeah, I'm very intrigued from reading your comments in the original Pilot thread. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I know you are sooo busy! You're a sweetheart! I love your new icon, too!
Quote:
@Will's Girl ... love to read your post.
Thanks, Em!
Quote:
I don't think the fact of being from another generation has anything to do with Jackie's reaction. Older generation women may have been dominated by their husbands, but as far as I know they were quite strict in teaching right from wrong and expected a lot of their children.
Jackie is incapable of blaming Peter for anything, and I think that's more because the man she has given birth to can't possibly do anything wrong.
This is true. She definitely has a blind spot for Peter, that's for sure. Jackie is just a toxic personality. I couldn't believe the comments about Grace gaining weight. You don't say those type of things to a young impressionable girl. I'm not sure Grace heard her say it, but if she did omg! Society and the media do enough damage! Appalling, to say the least.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
but do you have all the script or just the one of the Pilot. I'm curious to know how you got it (well if you can answer my question).
I sent the email before I saw this. I only have the Pilot script. Although I have bugged the writers on twitter a few times to release the other scripts too. I dunno, maybe there are copyright issues there. It would be fun to read the scripts IMO.

I actually don't remember where I got it from. I want to say Futoncritic, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone emailed it to me, in which case I'm sorry I don't remember who it was.

And I love my new icon too. I try to make myself happy these days with little things.And I'm giddy right now.

Ahem, so the Pilot.....what about Alicia saying that things don't get easier, people just get better at it? Is that what happened with her? Did she get better at handling her life as time went on? I think it's true in her case. But she had a lot of outside factors like the new job, new friends. When the second bombshell dropped, was she just better at handling it? She certainly didn't go catatonic or was not struggling for a foothold anymore. Or was the second strike just making her decision for her?

As for Will's hair in the Pilot v/s later, I think it is to age him. And not just in relation to Alicia. I think he looked a little too boyish to head a mid to large sized law firm. Unless they wanted to paint him as a child prodigy, which I'm glad they didn't do. I'm glad no one on the show is a prodigy at anything, they're all regular folk who have streaks of excellence in their respective fields. But you know that's because they keep putting their lives on hold for weeks together.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn't know the re-watching already started and YEAY we're also watching season 1. I'll watch both eppi's tomorrow and come back to comment
Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Many people have mentioned having read the script. I would love to read it, is it available online anywhere?
All you had to do is ask
Original Script - Pilot

Quote:
Although I have bugged the writers on twitter a few times to release the other scripts too. I dunno, maybe there are copyright issues there. It would be fun to read the scripts IMO.
It's definitely a copyright issue. I will post the few casting sides we got last year though for those who missed them. They were sometimes different from what we ended up with and it's fun to compare.

Quote:
I didn't know the re-watching already started and YEAY we're also watching season 1. I'll watch both eppi's tomorrow and come back to comment
Take your time, we have all week and the thread is not going anywhere so anyone can rewatch any of the episodes and comment any time

Quote:
I also think that the pilot says a lot about Peter. I really like CN acting. And even if I'm a W&A shipper, I really do think that he's doing an amazing job.
I agree. I started out almost determined to hate Peter after reading the topic and a lesser actor would have probably done him wrong but he's doing a great job at giving him a human quality that makes it impossible to paint him all black.

Quote:
I can tell by the look on his face afterward. That isn't acting. She hurt him with that slap.
Jules is one tough New Yorker!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's definitely a copyright issue. I will post the few casting sides we got last year though for those who missed them. They were sometimes different from what we ended up with and it's fun to compare.
Thanks, Carla! Shama emailed me the script but I'm sure others would like to read it also. I would love to read the casting sides, as well!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would love to read the casting sides, as well!
I can't remember if there were any for the early episodes but I'll look around.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh heeeey! It's rerun time! But I just saw all S1 again just this week. Hm... I guess that means I'll have to start again from the top. Devastating