Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
tall order! And you should wish bigger: flights? takes time! Teleportation now!!
Well yes, but would use teleportation for something more immediate. Don't think I'd use it for my travels. I would lose the excitement part. And i think I need that too!

Quote:
Hmm... I didn't know about the shot glasses. Didn't you also use to collect mugs?
The shot glasses are recent. And I did use to collect mugs. I have some. But they are just to heavy to carry around, and they get dusty on the shelves (it's my practical side speaking )

Quote:
So selfish! You don't think you deserve to be happy too?
That's not what I'm saying. Just that it's difficult to be happy, when your loved ones are unhappy! That's all... Of course I deserve to be happy!

Quote:
Okay. From now on: Friday Night movie night is Disney themed
Seriously!
I do feel really bad about this. With myself, really. You pick next one!

Quote:
you and your many crushes! Can we get juicy details? Not even a little?
Me?? Many crushes?? What do you mean?!?! Let's say I played Kalinda a couple of times, which helped to know where to deliver flowers when they were home sick or something... Not from me, but from the class. Although I was, what you can call, class president...

Quote:
Sometimes you can do with a little push or stars aligning though, no?
Well it can't hurt to get a little help!

Quote:
I like the ones you post in the Library thread.
but I can't remember a specific one.

Quote:
we make a pair! Just be careful to request one with safeguards.
Oh, I don't really need safeguards. Just don't make the ceiling too low!.

Quote:
that's all?
What did you had in mind? I thought this was a PG board!

Quote:
Hey, you're the one who keep saying to keep it PG!!!

Quote:
Whaaaaat?
Nothing! Just wondering how come this never came up before

Quote:
mementos. Although I have a lot of memories that don't need to be attached to any particular object, I have a lot of things that hold a lot of meaning. Isn't that the definition of fetish?
Is it? Not the way I see it, but then again my mind is kinda unclean lately :

Quote:
New questions?
Sorry, I don't really have them for now!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Okay lets answer these... I am still kinda drunk atleast I can still feel the heavinly ammount I drank last night... so I guess that should make my answers interesting... (and honest)... as Sabby says I talk too much when I am drunk and it is not a joke...

A genie give you three wishes. What do you ask for?
Eternal wishes? does that one count after all in those books and movies you can normally not wish for more than those 3... umm and is it an Aladdin version who can't kill, raise people from dead or make them fall in love? oh well I guess the job as the top defence lawyer at some kinda big firm. Two children, and a love of my own that will last forever...
If I had not been drunk I would probably have said something less swallow like world peace and to help children of Africa and other 3rd world regions...
Are you a collector of anything? umm DVD's... books I guess... in the past I was far more a collector... I have an impressive collection of Pokomon Cards in 2 versions. A lego collection, umm stationery, rubbers (funny story related to that collection... cough being stopped in the security at the NY airport believing I had a bomb in my bag, was a box full of rubbers... hey I was 7)... umm I alsohave one of stickers, napkins, and funniest thing umm. paper dolls... now I guess I am just a collector of all kinda things I feel I can't clean out because of some kind of emotional meaning. And of clothes... I guess that is my biggest collection actually and one I still build on...
Have you ever met online friends? Nope... was supposed to meet one over the summer but she couldn't meet up in the end as things got busy...
If you want to be happy, you must first... umm grow to accept who you are? I don't know how to answer this... I was about to say find love but don't think that is a right answer maybe just find love in some form friends, family, romantic...
Favorite Disney movie? beauty and the beast no doubt on that one... Lion King comes close though... But Beauty and The Beast still beats it for me... I have tons of others I like... Mulan, Little Mermaid, Lady and the Tramp... but Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite...
Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
yes... I have... many in fact... just ask Kiki she can even tell you when the last time was... (cough 1½ week ago)... umm I guess it does not beat the one I had in the spring on my criminal law teacher I was really really crushing on him... and I have had it on others as well...
Do you consider yourself a romantic or are you too pragmatic for that?
I am a romantic for sure... though everyday things tend to make me less... but at the end of the day I am a romantic. and a sab as well...
How are you with confrontations: avoid, or take them?
Hard one... I guess I avoid a lot of the time... and sometimes take them... but mostly avoid... and know I know it is not a good thing... I can do it if I am not the one that is the matter in them... if it is about myself I am terrible keep avoiding...
Do you consider yourself to be an adventurous or a more cautious person?
No idea really... I guess I can be both depending on the situation... I guess though that I am mostly cautious...
Favourite Quote?
Not sure: "To be or not to be..." might be one though... or
Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Favourite poetry verse?
there are many... I guess this one of them:
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

But it is not my very favorite... umm that one is in Danish... So yeah I guess I am goign to try and translate it... though it will loose all the rymths and everything... but just so you have an idea what it is about... it is by a lady named Tove Ditlevsen.
and lets just say love triangel

The Eternal Three
There are two men in the world
that keeps crossing my way/road
the one is whom I love
the other loves me.

the one lives in an nightly dream
that excist in my darkest mind
the other stands at the door to my heart
I never let him in.

The one gave me a "spingly"/freshly" breath
of happiness that soon stopped again.
The other gave me his whole life
but never got an hour in return.

the one rushes in the song of blood
where love is free and clean
the other is one with the sad day
which dreams is drowning in.

Every woman stands between these two
in love, loved and clean
one time every 100th years
they might end up being one and the same.

And yes that really is my favorite poem forever... I cried when we read it in school because I loved it that much. I also loves Paulus 1st letter to the Corinths but I dont think that is poetry at least not in translation... or is it? no idea... otherwise that would be one as well...
The colour you'd paint your bedroom?
Umm well sicne I decided on the colors of my bedroom myself I guess I can mantion those... umm the one in the apartment is light peach and I love that, and would chose that one again... the one in the house is some kinda light pink/purple more purple light lavender thing... and I would not go with that again, but it is okay...
Top bunk or bottom bunk?
Wow that one is dirty... I take both... as long as I can have alader to the top and don't have to climb up using the window... if we are talking about the other thing well I take both as well... I ma not picky...
Broadway or opera?
Both... I love musicals and I love Opera... So can't chose in that one...
Are you ticklish? If yes, where? yes very... under my feets, under my arms, behind my knees, on my legs, umm on my sides around the waist...
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If I had not been drunk I would probably have said something less swallow like world peace and to help children of Africa and other 3rd world regions...
You are killing me!

Quote:
Are you a collector of anything? umm DVD's...
Me too! Though not as much as I did before.

Quote:
If you want to be happy, you must first... umm grow to accept who you are?
Absolutely. I think you have to learn to love yourself, be confident with your beliefs. You have to love yourself, before I believe you can love anyone else. Because then if something goes wrong you always have yourself to fall back on.

Quote:
just ask Kiki she can even tell you when the last time was... (cough 1½ week ago)...
Is like a common thing for her!

Quote:
Wow that one is dirty...
Is dirty cause you are drunk

Favourite poetry verse?

You know. I was never big on poerty cause I felt I just never understood it.
But this short poem I have never forgotten.

Quote:
Dreams
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

Langston Hughes

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Passionate Fan

God I had to go far back to dig up this thread... has it really been so far that it was beginning of October the last time we had a hotseat session... not cool... we need one again... Kiki and I wanna put Steffi in the hotseat if she agrees (damn that would be fun hope she agrees)... anyway what about doing some everyone questions first here is a little in stuyle of a belated holiday season...

1. What is your favorite holiday?

2. did you ever believe in Santa... if so when did you stop and why? unless you still believe...

3. did you make any new years resolutions? if yes which ones?

4. what was the best thing that happened to you in 2012?

5. what was the worst thing that happened to you in 2012?

6. if there is one thing you did in 2012 you could change what would it be?

okay I am not that good at comign up with stuff but it is worth a try
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
God I had to go far back to dig up this thread..
that's why we have a portal

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
what was the best thing that happened to you in 2012?
Finding a new job for sure! Also I meet Fluff and Ness! I had a good old time TGW stalking

Quote:
what was the worst thing that happened to you in 2012?
Gosh I kepe thinking about this and nothing I am sure something bad happened to me, but I just cannot remember

Quote:
What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyjosie2412 (View Post)
God I had to go far back to dig up this thread... has it really been so far that it was beginning of October the last time we had a hotseat session... not cool... we need one again... Kiki and I wanna put Steffi in the hotseat if she agrees
Damn, I had forgotten this thread! And we have a few newbies!

This won't be easy, but let's see:

The 15th of August, cause that usually means I'm on my vacations!

2. did you ever believe in Santa... if so when did you stop and why? unless you still believe...
No I didn't.

I did. Be better at my current work; find a new work abroad, that allows me to be closer to where my heart is; live life; travel;

This is kinda hard to answer.... because it was a continuous moment. But if I had to chose a single moment, I would say the month of August, which is the same to say, my vacations!

Not sure if there was a "worst" as in "bad" thing. I am very fortunate! So again, if I had to pick something, the fact that there hasn't been a coup d'etat in my country.

More kissing!

Quote:
Finding a new job for sure! Also I meet Fluff and Ness! I had a good old time TGW stalking
I knew the job would come!!! And meeting Fluff and Ness in person was a very important event for sure!

Quote:
My birthday
Oh, you make sure it's a holiday, do you!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Great questions, Josie!

I don't have one. I'm too cynical for commercial holidays. I just like to spend time with people I love. When that happens, that's my favorite holiday.

What do you mean? Santa is not real???
I did. I stopped when I was 5 because my cousin, who was 4 years older and whose parents were divorcing, was a bitch and released her anger on everyone else.

I always make two. One easy and one harder.
For this year, I have "making things happen!" and "not taking any more resolutions" so I guess I failed at one already . I'll just say it was the hard one.

Awww 2012. What a year. Aside from all the fangirling, going back to NY etc, I'd say love, lots of it from many people that I hold close to my heart.
Let's just say I'll get a February 2012 tattoo at some point

It didn't last long enough! Seriously! 12 months?! Are you kidding?! Who made that call?! CBS??! Or the Golden Globes maybe?!

One thing I did that I wouldn't do or that I would change?

Quote:
Awwwww 2012 was a great year for sure

Quote:
Gosh I keep thinking about this and nothing I am sure something bad happened to me, but I just cannot remember
as long as it wasn't bad enough to hold on to it or leave a scar, it's all good

Quote:
No I didn't.
Never ever?

Quote:
I did. Be better at my current work; find a new work abroad, that allows me to be closer to where my heart is; live life; travel;
those are all very very good resolutions

Quote:
the fact that there hasn't been a coup d'etat in my country.
should you be saying that online, babe?

Quote:
More kissing!
shouldn't that be in your resolutions?

Quote:
Oh, you make sure it's a holiday, do you!
It is in DR!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't think I have one. Like Fluff, I'm too cynical for that.

Never did.

Just one. It's religious so...kinda personal.

Oh man, so many things! Among them, taking a 5 week vacation and learning how to snowboard (and loving it!).

Can't really remember anything that bad. Perhaps hearing the news my dad has cancer. But then again he's got good chances of recovery.

I would have spent 5 days in Paris instead of London. Time in London with my old friend was kind of disappointing.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't have one. I'm too cynical for commercial holidays. I just like to spend time with people I love. When that happens, that's my favorite holiday.
I actually had to review in my mind how do I spend the holidays and what I enjoy most... That brought me to my answer...

Quote:
I always make two. One easy and one harder.
For this year, I have "making things happen!" and "not taking any more resolutions" so I guess I failed at one already . I'll just say it was the hard one.
Short, but complex I'd say! But you'll make things happen!

Quote:
Awww 2012. What a year. Aside from all the fangirling, going back to NY etc, I'd say love, lots of it from many people that I hold close to my heart.
Let's just say I'll get a February 2012 tattoo at some point
That was an intense month for you! The month when you hold on to Archie's waist!

Quote:
It didn't last long enough! Seriously! 12 months?! Are you kidding?! Who made that call?! CBS??! Or the Golden Globes maybe?!
2013 will be as good, if not better!

Quote:
One thing I did that I wouldn't do or that I would change?
Both?!

Quote:
Never ever?
Never ever. Not that I can remember at least.

Quote:
those are all very very good resolutions
Yeah, now I just need to make them happen!

Quote:
should you be saying that online, babe?
Sure, maybe it will spread the urge!

Quote:
shouldn't that be in your resolutions?
I guess you're right!

Quote:
It is in DR!
Of course!

Quote:
Just one. It's religious so...kinda personal
Religious AND/BUT personal?? Damn!

Quote:
taking a 5 week vacation
Wow! I wish!

Quote:
I would have spent 5 days in Paris instead of London. Time in London with my old friend was kind of disappointing.
I hope you're over it now, cause that's a terrible feeling...

I meant to leave a few questions, but I can't think nothing interesting... let's see

What dish you have never tried, but makes you curious about it?

3 destinations for your next vacations, and justify your choices.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't think I have one. Like Fluff, I'm too cynical for that.
I think

Quote:
I actually had to review in my mind how do I spend the holidays and what I enjoy most... That brought me to my answer...
I see your process here. I guess I just like sharing the love all year long. No special occasion needed. Like Valentines Day or stuff.

Quote:
Never did.
1 for 3, Santa!

Quote:
Never ever. Not that I can remember at least.
Awww it sounds like you regret it.

Quote:
Just one. It's religious so...kinda personal.
Interesting... you're not going into Scientology, are you?

Quote:
Short, but complex I'd say! But you'll make things happen!
funny, that's also a pretty good description for someone I'm very fond of.

Quote:
That was an intense month for you! The month when you hold on to Archie's waist!
among other things I got to hold

Quote:
Oh man, so many things! Among them, taking a 5 week vacation and learning how to snowboard (and loving it!).
Basic skiing was not reckless enough uh?

Quote:
Perhaps hearing the news my dad has cancer. But then again he's got good chances of recovery.
that's never easy to deal with but it helps to be given a good sign by the doctors.

Quote:
You should have! especially if you had a disappointing time in London. Why disappointing?

Quote:
Both?!
Hm.... I would have taken the plane even more often

Quote:
2013 will be as good, if not better!
that's the spirit!

Love the new questions! but it's already late and I need to think about it so I'll come back and edit my post tomorrow

Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is in DR!
it sure is

Quote:
Yeah, now I just need to make them happen!
I have faint in you

Quote:
I would have taken the plane even more often
Surprise

Quote:
London- to visit Emily. Paris - to vist Fluff. Italy- cause if I am in Europe might as well visit Rome and Venice

Quote:
Mmh good questions. I want to try really good Risotto preferally Fluff's. I had a small tiny taste once cause I was hesistant, so I want to try like the real thing

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
London- to visit Emily. Paris - to vist Fluff. Italy- cause if I am in Europe might as well visit Rome and Venice
And just so you know, we have cheese. Tons of it. The Brits have like one that's worth checking out so... don't spend too much time there. You can bring Em here!

Quote:
Mmh good questions. I want to try really good Risotto preferally Fluff's. I had a small tiny taste once cause I was hesistant, so I want to try like the real thing
I make at least a dozen regularly so you'll have to pick one or two.

Oh there are so many I have never tried but I've been meaning to! One that's coming to mind right now if Mafé. It's a West African dish my aunt promised to cook for me many times but we never got around to it. There are many variations depending on the origing but itt's kinda like a stew based on ground peanuts with dried shrimps, palm and a lot of other nice things and it seems unlike anything I've tried so I'm dying to finally get a taste of it.

3?! I'm having a hard time picking one so the more choices I have, the harder it'll be, especially since i have people asking me over everywhere! Time and money remain the issue though.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I see your process here. I guess I just like sharing the love all year long. No special occasion needed. Like Valentines Day or stuff.
And i would agree with you. If I manage not to get angry and stressed with all the commercial things surrounding most holidays. And in that moment it's hard for me to "share" anything ...

Plus I make sure that I manage to do what I want for my holidays! I think I also pretend that during those weeks, I'm kinda living life life!

Quote:
Awww it sounds like you regret it.
I don't regret it. And I don't think I regret anything about my upbringing, although I can't deny that I was too mature, too early. Again, I don't regret it, but I wonder if I would be any different if that hadn't happened.

Quote:
funny, that's also a pretty good description for someone I'm very fond of.
Short?!?! Anyone I know, or heard about??

Quote:
among other things I got to hold
You lucky girl!

Quote:
Hm.... I would have taken the plane even more often
No more afraid to fly?!

Quote:
Just take a month off, and cross the ocean!

Quote:
I want to try really good Risotto preferally Fluff's. I had a small tiny taste once cause I was hesistant, so I want to try like the real thing
Damn! I'm missing some risotto. I need to try a new, different and good recipe!!!

Quote:
Oh there are so many I have never tried but I've been meaning to! One that's coming to mind right now if Mafé. It's a West African dish my aunt promised to cook for me many times but we never got around to it. There are many variations depending on the origing but itt's kinda like a stew based on ground peanuts with dried shrimps, palm and a lot of other nice things and it seems unlike anything I've tried so I'm dying to finally get a taste of it.
Damn, that DOES seem very yummy! mmhhh

Quote:
3?! I'm having a hard time picking one so the more choices I have, the harder it'll be, especially since i have people asking me over everywhere! Time and money remain the issue though.
Well, remove time and money from the equation!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just take a month off, and cross the ocean!
awwww girl I WISH But I don't even get close to 4 weeks off for work, only 10 vacation days a year

Quote:
Damn, that DOES seem very yummy! mmhhh
Yesss it does!!

Quote:
No more afraid to fly?!
She is cured How easy to cure a fear when there is a reward on the other end

--- Alicia Florrick