Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Aw, Chuck. As Betty says, you are a good son. I hope that your mom heals very quickly from her surgery!

And you are definitely part of your family, as Betty said too (I'm just stealing her post apparently, heh). Plus, Betty could use someone (or someones) to talk about Rookie Blue with here since I'm so far behind!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a rookie blue fanatic
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
I'm a rookie blue fanatic
What are your thoughts on last week's episode, Patricia?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I know, Patricia! You'll have to come by and keep Betty company with your thoughts. Hopefully Chuck can too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
What are your thoughts on last week's episode, Patricia?
I was pullilng for Andy/Luke, but after the episode of his tryst, I'm completely done. Cheating is a dealbreaker for me

I like that Gail really gave it to Dov for him almost dying. She really cares about him, which brings me to the point that Gail's heart doesn't have a cage around it like I thought it used to.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was pullilng for Andy/Luke, but after the episode of his tryst, I'm completely done. Cheating is a dealbreaker for me
I totally agree with this. And...I really can't stand Jo! Such a slime.

Quote:
I like that Gail really gave it to Dov for him almost dying. She really cares about him, which brings me to the point that Gail's heart doesn't have a cage around it like I thought it used to.

Yes, Gayle is really growing on me...she and Dov are very sweet together. It's understandable why Gayle acts the way that she does with a mom like that!

And Chris! What a sweet, adorable boyfriend he is! I loved the way that he stood up to Gayle's mom.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I totally agree with this. And...I really can't stand Jo! Such a slime.
I don't like her either. She just comes off with an axe to grind, especially where Luke is concerned. I get that she was hurt and int he past episode, it gave more that she was working for her goal and not really caring about what was going on in her personal life.

Quote:
And Chris! What a sweet, adorable boyfriend he is! I loved the way that he stood up to Gayle's mom.
I did too! Not for Gail, but for everyone. She treated everyone like they were just a number and she had a better job to do than they did.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't like her either. She just comes off with an axe to grind, especially where Luke is concerned. I get that she was hurt and int he past episode, it gave more that she was working for her goal and not really caring about what was going on in her personal life.
I don't know why she has an axe to grind...from what I gathered...she's the one who turned down Luke's proposal. So, what is she upset with Andy about?! She had her chance and gave it up. I honestly don't care for Jo...she's a nasty control freak. But...she's good for the show...you always need someone to hate!

Quote:
I did too! Not for Gail, but for everyone. She treated everyone like they were just a number and she had a better job to do than they did.
Yes, Chris is a good guy for everyone...and seems to have everyone's back. I like him with Gayle. I hope we see more about his family life as well..which sounds like a interesting story...and I hope to see more of Gayle's mom..so that Gayle would have an opportunity to deal with her and her demons.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know why she has an axe to grind...from what I gathered...she's the one who turned down Luke's proposal. So, what is she upset with Andy about?! She had her chance and gave it up. I honestly don't care for Jo...she's a nasty control freak. But...she's good for the show...you always need someone to hate!
I don't get it either. She has everything she ever wanted. The job, the people to follow behind her? What would make this woman happy?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
what would make this woman happy?
luke!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well she had luke once and that didn't make her happy because they broke up because of the job

if she wants luke or not, tonight showed he's at his breaking point. maybe it's because of andy and that he made a mistake or it's that guy who got away the first time after killing a rookie
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Interesting comment from ABC's president today:

Quote:
ALL-STAR ROOKIE | Moving Rookie Blue out of the sleepy summer is “a very canny thought,” Lee acknowledged. “It’s a really good series, and I would be nothing but happy to see it in [the traditional TV] season.”
ABC Boss Confirms Desperate Housewives to End: 'We Wanted to Make Sure It Had Its Victory Lap' - TVLine - TVLine

What do you guys think? Either way, it's a very nice acknowledgment of how big of a success the show has become!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes it is. I kind of like it airing in the summer though
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Interesting comment from ABC's president today:

ABC Boss Confirms Desperate Housewives to End: 'We Wanted to Make Sure It Had Its Victory Lap' - TVLine - TVLine

What do you guys think? Either way, it's a very nice acknowledgment of how big of a success the show has become!
Yes,that's a good show of support from Paul Lee,but S3 is still scheduled for summer 2012(cast and crew go back into production in a few weeks) and if this happens,probably not until S4 maybe S5.
Too much competition in the fall/midseason and Rookie Blue still needs more seasons in the summer until any major move like that is considered.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

I think ABC likes it as an option if their shows don't do well. I think you're right, Chuck, that their season would have to bomb for Rookie Blue to appear in the regular season this early. It would be kind of a last resort, but it's nice that they believe in it enough to even consider it. Bodes well for the future of the show.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread