Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
My So-Called Life is awesome!
Of course it is, just not sure if it meets what HaroldAbbott is looking for. I add Party Of Five to that list.

Suburgatory: Season 1, Episode 2

Done with Wednesday, now I have to catch up on the Thursday's shows. I can say that the 2nd episode kept the same level as the pilot, it had some nice things. I liked the beginning, when Tess and George tried to run from their house in very dramatic slow-mo to escape the annoying neighbouress. The dinner was creepy, though Lisa is really nice and could easily become Tess' BFF, her brother is an idiot, but it was not bad, somehow funny even. The dinner was creepy, the parents are also very strange people and they asked poor George all these questions. „May I be excused. I’m having a terrible time.“ And then the Barbecue, I liked that, but George had to do it, it wasn't done so great, I expected a little bit more drama there, but it was nice. I liked the scene between Tess and her guidance councillor, but didn't really like how Tess was kissing Ryan (Lisa's brother), I'm glad that lasted only for one episode, cos he was good looking but stupid, and that's nobody for Tess. „She just got upset and set something cryptic about penguins.“ – “Oh, that might be internet talk for penis, I’ll yahoo it and get back to you.” And this one: “There is a gay couple? Where?” Yeah, I'm never sure how okay it is to laugh about stuff like that (I even wonder how the writers can put such stuff on the show), but it was funny, can't deny that. Toodles. I think there is potential, I'll keep watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Suburgatory

My favorite new show. Not that I have seen a lot of them. Lol. Episode 2 was even better than the pilot IMO. Jane Levy as Tessa is so immediately cool and likeable (and cute!) with a great delivery. There were a number of funny moments. I love the weird girl across the street. She is very funny too. I can't think of her name at the moment. Anyways, I find the show to be quick and sharp and very enjoyable.
Glad to hear that you like it. I just watched a few minutes of Jane Levy on Kimmel (since there was this ad during the episode), but couldn't watch it long, she's doing well on the show, but seemed to be very nervous on Kimmel. Anyway, she said it was only her 2nd acting job, first was on Shameless (Mandy) and now she's got her on show. And she doesn't appear act like she's 21, but I myself look a lot younger than I actually am. Tessa is really cool, with a totally likable lead like that, the show can work. Then we hope it gets a full season order soon, ratings are good, I need to have a bit more than what they gave us today, but usually there are no comedies that fall from the sky and are an instant classic, give that show some time.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 5, Episode 4

Sheldon: „Bam, that’s what I’m talking about.“ Matt: "He's totally right!" Yes, what a fun episode, the best episode since a long time, the show is back again, I can't believe it, I was so unsure about this season, thought it would be as lame as a lot of episode of season 4, but so far it's really good. It was about the geeks playing D&D, Sheldon was throwing the dices for every little decision he was making and Raj got a date, Penny's friend Emily (yes, what a great name ^^), a deaf girl, played by the gorgeous and super-talented Katie Leclerc (from Switched At Birth). Though she didn't say a word, it was nice to have her on the show. The date with Raj was so much fun, cos Howard had to translate and Raj said so many funny things. „What kiind of relationship is it, where you buy her gifts and she gives you sex?” – “The best one ever had.” In the end it didn't work, cos she was a gold digger and Raj's parents made him chose between love and money: “You’re gonna make me chose between the woman I love and the money I have very strong feelings for?" So much fun, only one scene of Amy and Bernadette, a bit Penny, a bit Leonard, enough of Sheldon, a lot of Howard and never seen so much of Raj. Well done, keep on going!

Parks & Recreation: Season 4, Episode 3

It was a good episode, for me the best episode, after the good season premiere. I liked the whole "Leslie's book and she wasn't born in Pawnee" story, I liked the talkshow with Joan, the "gotcha" and the dancers, how Tom sang the chorus of "sexy bitch" for Joan, how Joan got drunk, how he and Ben brought her home, Andy was fun as FBI agent, how he smashed the computer screen to get the birth certificat. „In here it says that Pawnee is great, but in reality it’s not.” Not so good at first was Ann's smalltalk attempts with April and Ron, but in the end it had a nice ending, and I really loved Ron's giving people wrong names to show them how less he cares thing. It was a good and fun episode, with Leslie in the middle, I hope the rest of the cast gets a chance to shine too, Ben, Chris and Ann need more space.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-10-2011 at 08:03 AM
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

American Horror Story

Did anyone catch this? I only got halfway through it, so I still need to watch the rest. So far, I like it. It's pretty interesting and the atmosphere is good. The house is cool too. The daughter isn't high on my list, but I like everyone else. I never saw Friday Night Lights, so this is the first thing I have seen Connie Britton in since Spin City. However, it's Jessica Lange who steals the show as the neighbor. What an interesting role and she is very intriguing in it. Can't wait to see the rest. As of now, I am sticking with it.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

American Horror Story

I've only seen the first half of this too. It's been okay, but a little too weird for weird's sake for me. Maybe it'll get better.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Party of Five up until Julia with dude, whatever his name was. I always liked her with Justin

And My So Called Life was amazing!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Castle

Seamus kicked the ass out of this episode. Dude. Good stuff. I liked that Castle was pretty much regulated to a side character in this one. I mean, Castle is the show for me, but...it was kind of refreshing. And they did the thing where they don't play the comedic/lighter theme music note at the end, they just kept on with a darker theme. I always hate when they do a dark opening and it's like "lala, Castle, everyone!" So, yeah, lots of refreshing stuff here. Beckett also looked yum. I was reading elsewhere that a few people were bummed by the episode because it didn't "feel" like Castle, but that was kind of the point and I liked that. It was about seeing Ryan in a way that we've never seen him before and that was a major success for me.

Up All Night

What? I'm only 5 days behind. Good episode. I just really like Chris and Reagan, they're just...so connected. It's cute. I'm still blown away by Will Arnett playing a normal dude. I honestly think this is the first time I've ever seen him like this. He's always been a little too wacky for my tastes, but he's SO good at being normal funny.

I've got two days off and I've got two episodes of Terra Nova, one episode of Revenge, Community, Parks & Recreation, Person of Interest and Modern Family to catch up on. Yay for weekends!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I've got two days off and I've got two episodes of Terra Nova, one episode of Revenge, Community, Parks & Recreation, Person of Interest and Modern Family to catch up on. Yay for weekends!
And I'll remind you of Revenge, so you won't forget it. I'll have to catch up on Community and PoI as well, Parks was really good. Pan Am episode 3 (ratings dropped dramatically - it's mean to say that, but it's good for Revenge. Still I hope Pan Am flies longer, so far I like it). Then today is TAAHM, which I'm watching only to watch it, but I'll give it up soon. New Girl is on hiatus for 3 weeks now until November - I don't like it (though I like it cos I can watch 3 other comedies instead and I need some more time^^), at least the show has its full season already. Enlightened started, I'll give that one a try, but only to check out if it is something I'm interested in, then I'll watch it later. Same for How To Make It In America, I got a starting dates list, but since nobody else I'm in contact with seems to watch it now, I simply forgot. I'll watch it in the winter break or later. And tomorrow Tim Allen returns with Last Man Standing - and I didn't finish the last 2 eps of Home Improvement S5 yet, argh. Have to do that before, cos I don't watch 2 shows with the same actor at the same time. And what's with my only daily show Ally McBeal? I'm not sure, let's hope for the weekend. Yay for weekends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
I liked Party of Five up until Julia with dude, whatever his name was. I always liked her with Justin

And My So Called Life was amazing!
Yes, My So-Called life is I think my #1 show when it comes to "should have gotten a second season". Party Of Five started well, but 2nd season was a bit weaker and season 3 was too much drama and didn't have the feel good vibe to it, so I'm not sure when I'll watch the 3 last seasons, it's an old show, I'm not very good with old tv shows, I prefer newer ones, though the cast here is amazing and there are very interesting things to the show and I of course like the "Oldest brother has to take care of his 3 younger siblings, but doesn't like it at all" scenario.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
American Horror Story

Did anyone catch this?
I'm kind of intrigued by it but I think I'll wait until the season's over to start watching.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 25

One more episode to go and then the Last Man Standing is back. It was an okay episode, typcial sitcom episode, there was a break in at Wilson's house, Tim installed a security system at his house - Jill had allowed it and the system didn't work and was very complex to handle. There was this boring subplot with Jason (Brad's friend) who sold Brad a test copy and they got busted on video.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Caught up on Revenge.

It's probably been mentioned but Victoria and Emily:
Spoiler:

Nolan is the best character. The party planner friend is the worst. I think they'll write her off, though.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome sauce. Can't wait for this. Bring on the big brainless action movie!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Caught up on Revenge.

It's probably been mentioned but Victoria and Emily:
Spoiler:
Wow, Dolfan! Wouldn't that be something!

Quote:
Nolan is the best character. The party planner friend is the worst. I think they'll write her off, though.
I really like his character as well. He's the kind of friend everyone should have.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

That trailer looks great, Alan. I can't wait. Scarlett also looks especially great.

Comedies

I caught up on Modern Family, Community and Parks & Recreation so far today. Modern Family was fun, with Manny and Jay's story and Mitchell not cleaning up (and Cam's "Ew. Ew. So gross." reaction to having to clean uo) tied as my favourites. Community was pretty bad, with the season continuing to suck. Chang's story was plan brutal, while the rest of the stuff had potential before it all petered out. This show is rapidly falling down my list of shows to watch. Parks & Recreation, not surprisingly, was the best of the bunch. Sweet ending, nice to see Leslie on the hot seat as always with the journalism in Pawnee, and Ben continues to be the audience when he said what we were all thinking: "She's going to powder her vagina?" Love that guy.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Two And A Half Men: Season 9, Episode 4

Boring and not funny, don't like Walden, don't like the whole new concept, even Berta was annoying. Just a ton of sex jokes, who gets action and the hottest babe. Don't care anymore, I gave Walden a chance, but I knew that it wouldn't work, since I only liked the show here and there from season 1-4. It's over, Tim Allen is back, I need the space to watch something better.

Quote:
That trailer looks great, Alan. I can't wait. Scarlett also looks especially great.
Huaaaa, I'm the Anti-Fan of Big Brainless Action Movies, that's somethin I can't stand. Mr. Grant, I'm very disappointed with you in this moment now. No, please don't take that sentence seriously, I'm not a comic fan at all, I can't find any access to it, did you read what I read on Thor? 2/10, booyah. And that Chris Hemsworth is in this film too, he's a horrible actor that makes me angry. Casting looks really good, but that doesn't help when the story isn't something I'm interested in. I think I'd rate it better than Thor, that's what I think. Now you know that.

Quote:
Parks & Recreation, not surprisingly, was the best of the bunch. Sweet ending, nice to see Leslie on the hot seat as always with the journalism in Pawnee, and Ben continues to be the audience when he said what we were all thinking: "She's going to powder her vagina?" Love that guy.
Glad you liked it, I did as well. I think if an episode centers on Leslie and has a good story like this, it will work. I'm not sure about Ben anymore, Adam Scott is not bad at all, but I'm not sure about his character, same for Chris and Ann. They were quite good today, but they only had short moments, they could do more with those characters. Don't wanna complain, I can say that every character made me laugh somehow today and that is what counts.

Community: Season 3, Episode 3

A fun episode, not as good as last week's episode, but better than the season premiere. I really enjoyed the Chang subplot, it was cool to see him act like a detective, with the voice-over and the old crime movie vibe, well done. Nothing great, but well done, I liked what he said and how he played the sax and the ending with the dean defending him and promoting him to the head of security was also well done. It was even better than the main plot, I'm tired of the group counstantly fighting, isn't there any other topic out there in the universe? But the episode made laugh a couple of times, so I liked it, despite the fighting story. Marshall Kane: “What is happening at this [school]show? I have so many conversations that make no sense.” So true. “Sugar is like baby meth.” Okay, the Todd fight was not bad, there were far worse fights before, Jeff couldn't believe that he was only 5th popular, Abed and Troy spend to much time together, in the end, the group stayed among themselves and that's what they are about, the mean clique, they can only work with each other, so why the constant fighting? „This was also a test and you all penissed.“ I enjoy season 3 and also the sistershow Parks (for me, Comm + Parks belongs together, can't explain it, I need to watch both, I will do so, and hope both survive another year) is doing equally good.

Quote:
Community was pretty bad, with the season continuing to suck. Chang's story was plan brutal, while the rest of the stuff had potential before it all petered out. This show is rapidly falling down my list of shows to watch.
Oh, not so good to hear. I enjoyed it. Could you tell me a bit more about what it was that you didn't like about this episode/season? And I'm sorry, but I don't understand the term "plan brutal" - I enjoyed Chang a lot, like I didn't do since a lot of episodes. I still like season 3, it's even better than season for me, it's more season 1 quality.

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 26

Nice finale without many laughs, but the ending was really sweet. Al was disappointed that he didn't reach his goals in life. Tim adviced him to sell his Tool Time game, Al did, it didn't work, but in the end Tim helped his friend and the ending was beautiful. Now I'm gonna watch the new Tim Allen show, looking forward to that.

Last Man Standing: Season 1, Episode 1

From 1996 to 2011. Aw boi, what was that? Tim Allen with 3 girls? Oh man. Him asking what Glee, Vlog and Voldemort are? Oh yay. I'm not sure if that show ever will be more than okay for me. Too many gaps, some nice scenes with Kyle and the boss I like, but I didn't care for Mike (Tim Allen) talking into the videocam telling the world that we need real men. Why do I have to be a real man? What kinda ancient attitude is that? I don't know how the show can work? I mean, even the 3 boys from Home Improvement were not the greatest fun, but at least it worked with Tim and there were Al and Patricia Richardson as Jill. I'll keep watching the show for one season, but that's it. And I'll wait the next 4 episodes to see if I watch it weekly or catch up in winter.

Is it only with me, or is loading really slow? I am glad that my last edit on my post here went through, since there were some loading errors.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-12-2011 at 07:43 AM
Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

FNL Fans/Pan Am

Does anyone watch Pan Am? Gaius Charles (aka Smash Williams) is going to be on it.

ABC's Pan Am Casts Gaius Charles in Season 1 Guest Stint

I think he quit acting for a while so it's great to see him back. I don't watch the show but I may check out the episode.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Me and Matt watch Pan Am, Dolfan. You should check out his episode, at least. It's light and fluffy, not much to think about, but it has some good characters and lots of good looking stewardesses.

Matt, that was a typo of mine. It's supposed to be Chang's storyline was plain bad. As far as what I don't like about the show right now: it's just not funny. I haven't laughed out loud all season. I feel like the writers are either trying way too hard or way too little. It just doesn't feel like Community for me. I rewatched S2 when the DVD came out and it was a lot better than I remember it being, but I can't imagine these three episodes being any better during a rewatch. It's been awful. Ugh. I hope it gets better soon, because I'm beginning to not stand the show. Then Parks & Recreation comes on and blows it out of the water in terms of comedy, character, story and fun. The shows used to be pretty comparable, but Parks & Recreation has gotten way better, Community has gotten terrible lately. I'm hoping for a quick comeback, because I like Troy, Abed, Jeff and Annie too much to tune out, but I haven't enjoyed these three episodes at all.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread