Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm re-watching Brothers and Sisters, would anybody be up to reading my reviews?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm not really into the show anymore, but I say post 'em if you've got 'em, Patricia. I'm sure they'll be read.

Castle

I racked my brain all episode trying to figure out where I recognized Serena from. It ended up being The Killing and that was kind of a downer, heh. Another solid episode, even though White Collar makes it all look a ton more interesting, personally. Still, I feel like Beckett's reaction to Serena/Castle was so obvious to everyone, including Castle, that it felt like a step forward...to something.

Random Tidbits

I rewatched the last ep of Community before I went to work and replayed the ending to Jeff getting the pizza about 8 times. Favourite Community "ending" (it's not even the ending) ever.

Can't wait to watch the newest The Walking Dead, which broke ratings records last night. Good for it. I hope the writing is better this year, because it trended downhill after the first episode and made all the characters idiots too much of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
Tos, I am basically just watching MF, Suburgatory, The Middle and Parenthood at the moment. I used to watch The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, but I got so far behind and I was never able to catch up in time for the new seasons. So, I had to ditch those and just wait for the DVD sets.
Oh, I feel you. Comedies are so much easier to watch weekly, aren't they? I buy Fringe and White Collar every year and watch those that way. Too many hourly dramas can be draining!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm watching the middle of season 1. i was getting into the later part of season 4 on REELZ channel and then they started airing Season 1 again and not even airing the Season 4 finale
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
i'm re-watching Brothers and Sisters, would anybody be up to reading my reviews?
Bring it on. I've watched all 5 seasons, THE show with the most of ups and downs I know, there were times I wanted to kick and punch the show (more the writers) for doing such stupid things with the characters or being so annoying, but I had to go all the 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Random Tidbits

I rewatched the last ep of Community before I went to work and replayed the ending to Jeff getting the pizza about 8 times. Favourite Community "ending" (it's not even the ending) ever.
Totally agree, the ending was so great, when they all finally started singing and dancing.

Quote:
Can't wait to watch the newest The Walking Dead, which broke ratings records last night. Good for it. I hope the writing is better this year, because it trended downhill after the first episode and made all the characters idiots too much of the time.
Yeah, I'll try to watch it today, with one more Ally, Enlightened and Person Of Interest, that's not too much for today.

Quote:
Oh, I feel you. Comedies are so much easier to watch weekly, aren't they? Too many hourly dramas can be draining!
That's true! I'm watching 13 shows and only 5 of them are weekly drama, more I couldn't even handle, but comedy is way easier to watch.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ally McBeal: Season 4, Episode 3

Season 4 is nothing special at all. It's okay. The case was okay but in the end just a case for an episode, Cindy + Mark is so boring, I liked Ally's story the best, though it was only okay. She met two guys, an old man and a younger guy, and felt attracted to both at the same time. Of course it was obvious that this wouldn't work, and at the end she got the bill: Jonathan is Michael's son. That was fun. John Cage and Larry both weren't in this episode, hope they appear again soon.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I thought it had some of the worst writing I'd ever seen for a supposedly good show. I stopped watching mid way through the season but may give it another shot down the road if the series continues to pick up.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Enlightened: Season 1, Episode 2

A little bit weaker than the good pilot, but I still liked this episode. Laura Dern is a great lead, the show revolves around her. I'm not sure how I should describe this episode. In this episode, Amy really struggled a lot with her new basement job, the co-workers that are so different from her, her new job - she'd rather like to work with people, her old assistent ignoring and lying to her, her boss ignoring her ideas of change, her ex-boyfriend being desinterested in her telling him to change his life („You got it all figured out, Amy. You had your little Kumbaya out on Hawaii. Now you got all the answers?”), her mother not listening nor understand her, that comes altogehter. Next week's episode will be very interesting, since then we will get another picture of the puzzle revealed. So far it's a nice show, really interesting to see a person trying to change, but the people around not caring or not understanding. I think it's the most personal tv show I've ever seen so far. One more quote: „Change will come. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But it will come. You have to believe. I close my eyes and see a better world.” And I have to mention the great ending scene, when Amy imagined how it would be, if all her friends, mother, ex-boyfriend, co-workers would sit together at a campfire and all be happy. 8 more episodes, really good show, one of my favourite new shows this year so far.

Person Of Interest: Season 1, Episode 4

I'm out, another average episode. I liked how Linda Cardellini was the POI of this episode (from Freaks and Geeks), that was the best part. Cop Carter can't do anything against our duo infernale, Finch is too clever of course, Reese did the street work, the usual stuff. The last minutes were a bit better, but all in all it's not a show I want to watch 40 minutes of weekly, got a lot of better shows on my list. Maybe if I hear that it gets better, so far it stays another show from that CSI-Network CBS (from which I got only TBBT on my fav list, no single other show!)

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-18-2011 at 09:35 AM
Old 10-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I thought it had some of the worst writing I'd ever seen for a supposedly good show. I stopped watching mid way through the season but may give it another shot down the road if the series continues to pick up.
It has better writing than The Killing, but I think people figured out that one didn't have good writing or wasn't a good show pretty quickly, heh. So, yeah, agreed. It's pretty scary how bad the writing is. I just watched the premiere, it wasn't any better than usual. I'm holding out hope because there was some pretty drastic changes in the executive producers and writers with Frank Darabont (who I'm shocked was so bad, but he did run the first season almost single-handed). Here's hoping for better going forward. The visual effects and the acting is great, but...yeah, how about some help guys.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 10-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Last Man Standing: Season 1, Episode 3

Still not funny. Kyle could be funny, maybe, Tim Allen's Mike isn't really. Don't care about his 4 girls. This episode was about nothing, didn't care about the preschool thing. I watched a promo of Man Up! (also ABC) and I had to laugh a couple more times than after 3 eps of LMS.

Ally McBeal: Season 4, Episode 4

Solid episode, the usual of season 4. At least Mark/Cindy broke up, finally, the case was boring, a woman sued Ally for insulting her in front of her friends. The only thing I really liked was Larry, and now he's Ally's almost boyfriend, that's good to know. I'm glad the father/son-love-triangle is over, let's hope for episode 5.

Parenthood: Season 3, Episode 6

Another strong episode, but what do I expect from my favourite show of last and this year? Nothing less! I really enjoyed it, it was fun to watch, enough drama, but also enough hope to make it bearable for me the viewer. I enjoyed Drew and Amy, I'm glad to see that boy once in a while, his kissing problem was cute, he asked Amber, well done, he did everything right in the end, he totally deserves it. Seth is back, Sarah was really strong today, she finally told him what she really felt: „If you don’t get help, you can’t see these children anymore. Your life is a mess and I’m done picking after you.“ That was great. Mark doesn't like Seth and has a huge problem with him, that's mean, but totally understandable and in the end, Sarah and her family have to be there for Seth, Mark can'T compete with that at the moment, but he of course has and does to respect that. I how Joel told Zeek to shut up and let Sarah take the money she asked J&J for, because it's her decision, she opened her heart and that's a great and noble thing to do - wow, Joel was so AWESOME in that scene, how he told Zeek also, that it's his and his wife's decision to adopt a baby from a woman instead from an agency, impressive, because the girls are not always the Adam type of person who tell Zeek in the face that they don't care about his opinion. Joel dared, and he was so right, if he hadn't said anything, there would've been chaos and drama, because Zeek couldn't forgive Seth. That's not the problem, he doesn't have to, Seth did horrible things, but to stop his daughter from helping that man is not fair, Sarah didn't know what to say, cos she had to borrow money from her sister, but Joel stood up for them and he's my hero. Then there was the whole Cee-Lo Green storyline, he wanted to record a song in the not finished studio of our two brothers. Adam was really excited, but couldn't see what his producer brother was seeing, it is hard work to produce a song and it doesn't help to tell the musician that everything is great, super cool, wow and simply wonderful. It was a really good storyline, Adam was working all day, Christina was home alone with the baby, at least she had this beautiful scene with Haddie at the end. I hope Adam comes home more often, his wife's alone and that's not a good thing for her right now. Anyway, first the whole song recording thing didn't work and the guys didn't know what was wrong, they had almost given up, but then Cee-Lo returned and recorded the song in a different way and then everybody including me was feeling it, beautiful scene, such a beautiful happy ending, everybody deserved that. Beautiful episode, season is great, I can't believe that we should only get 18 episode, that would mean we would see 12 more episodes and then it'll be over. I hope NBC, who has a lot of problems, gives this great show the whole 22 weeks, the Bravermen totally deserve it.

Man Up!: Season 1, Episode 1

I KNEW it! It was the right descision to give this show a chance! Watched the promo just yesterday and enjoyed it and so good was the episode. It was only the pilot of course, but I know like especially Kenny, Will and Craig, it's a lot of funnier than the almost not funny Last Man Standing with a very similar topic! „I’m the Man.“ „Who is the coolest guy in the world?“ – „Tobey Maguire.“ “The beard is my thing. I insist that you shave it.” I hope they keep that level of eterntainment, it's the now 3rd (4th) ABC comedy for me (The Middle, Suburgatory - not counting Last Man Standing, cos I would cancel it right now if Tim Allen wasn't in it), and it doesn't have this annoying laugh track on it, I'm so happy about that. Can't really stand the audience laughing about every stupid joke, only The Big Bang Theory and Seinfeld are two shows that are good (or great) and have a laugh track. Well done, ABC, ratings weren't so great, hope it gets better, it's a lot funnier than Last Man Standing, even Suburgatory will have to fight for the crown.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-19-2011 at 09:49 AM
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Some quick reviews of my own.

Hart of Dixie - Episode 4
Another good episode; this show seems very consistent to me so far. It hasn't hit greatness quite yet (the second episode came close, in my opinion), but I've been pleased with every episode so far. I've been on the Zoey/Wade ship since episode 1, so it was fun to see their relationship take a steamier turn in this one. 8) Zoey actually admitting to having sexual urges and wanting to give into them was amusing and cute. Also interesting to see Lemon being portrayed sympathetically and showing more emotion than usual.

Dancing with the Stars - Episode ??
No one really wowed me this week at all, and yet the judges seemed to go way too easy on a lot of the contestants, especially Nancy (whose dance was absolutely nothing special and was in fact quite boring) and Rob (who, as usual, didn't do much actual dancing at all and left most of the work to his partner). On the other hand, I thought they were too hard on Chaz this week. I think he delivered his best performance yet this week, certainly better than Nancy and Rob. Was also somewhat glad to see the entertaining-but-unskilled Carson go, though I would have preferred if Nancy left.

Last Man Standing - Episode 3
This was the first episode I watched of this show, and I'm not sure if I'll watch it again. Like ForVanAngel said, it just wasn't very funny at all. I don't think I laughed even once. It was just bland and cliched, and though it wasn't horrible, I can't really understand why--out of all the treatments and show pitches ABC must have received for the fall season--they decided to put this trite piece of redundancy on the air.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Look at you go today, Lemony. It's great! Go, go, go!

I'm glad to read such a good review on Hart of Dixie. It was written by Rina Mimoun who was behind Everwood for S3-S4 and wrote some amazing eps all series long, so I'm going to give it another go.

What else do you watch, Lemony? If you want, we could add your list of shows to the opening post.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm 6 episodes into Season 1 of The Mentalist and so far it's awesome. I love Simon Baker, I he's totally believable as a ladies' man (he has very pretty eyes & his half-smile makes me swoon). He has definite echoes of Castle, as he's kind of cynical & snarky. The rest of the team are well developed too and the acting is good.
I'm also deeply cynical of psychics and think they're just really skilled at reading body language/people's reactions and making statements that are so vague they could apply to anyone then getting their victim to feed them the info they need through suggestion...
I wonder if the hunt for Red John is ongoing, whether he'll commit any more murders and Patrick Jane (it's so weird to have the characters call him by his last name alone "Oh, Jane, come here, see what we've found!") will get some answers/peace of mind.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Thank you so much, 'Tos! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm also glad to hear that you're going to give Hart of Dixie another shot. How many have you watched so far? And yes, I thought it was awesome that Mimoun wrote the episode! She wrote two of my top favorite Everwood episodes of all time...I wonder if you can guess which they are.

And sure, I'll have my list added! ^_^ They are only supposed to be shows I'm currently watching, right?

If so:

Past shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1 (never seen it before)
Frasier (multiple seasons...I always continue to rewatch them...)
Dawson's Creek season 3 (for the millionth time as well XD)

Current shows:
Revenge season 1
Suburgatory season 1
Hart of Dixie season 1
The Middle season 3
Modern Family season 3
Dancing with the Stars season 13
Community season 3
Sort of watching Dexter season 6
The last few episodes of Against the Wall season 1 (started watching because of...you guessed it...Tom Amandes' guest appearance ^_^)

I think that's it...>__>...Do I watch too much TV?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

I've added you and the shows to the OP, Lemony. Ooh, starting Buffy. We've got a lot of fans here of that. It's amazing how many fans of a show about a girl staking vampires shares with the fanbase of a show about a family moving to a small town, heh. Let us know what you think while you watch!

And, ooh, you can join in on our Revenge talks. Lots of fans here for Emily, of course, and also it turned out to be a pretty awesome show! Modern Family, lots too. Yup, you're going to fit in juuuust fine. And is there such a thing as too much TV?

Quote:
I'm also glad to hear that you're going to give Hart of Dixie another shot. How many have you watched so far?
I just watched the first episode and I wasn't enjoying it, unfortunately. I wanted to! But I didn't. I went in with the expectations of it being like Everwood and Gilmore Girls and that was a mistake. So when I watch Rina's episode, it's going to be me going in just watching an episode...and hopefully it'll go better without way way way too high expectations.

Hmm, favourite episodes by Rina...hmm, "Goodbye, Love" and "The Unveiling"? Total shot in the dark.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I've added you and the shows to the OP, Lemony. Ooh, starting Buffy. We've got a lot of fans here of that. It's amazing how many fans of a show about a girl staking vampires shares with the fanbase of a show about a family moving to a small town, heh. Let us know what you think while you watch!
I definitely will! I've watched the first four episodes so far and am liking it for sure. Not thrilled with it quite yet, but it's offered some solid and well-written stories already. I like its Goosebumps meets Dawson's Creek vibe too.

Quote:
And, ooh, you can join in on our Revenge talks. Lots of fans here for Emily, of course, and also it turned out to be a pretty awesome show! Modern Family, lots too. Yup, you're going to fit in juuuust fine.
I suspected as much about Revenge. ^_^ I'm really liking it so far. Interesting and original concept; Emily is great in it (and I love that her character is not the typical "I'll use my feminine wiles to get what I want" female lead...she actually has to use her cleverness); Nolan is the awesome eccentric I always look for in a series; and it balances the revenge plotline with the characters' personal stories quite well. What do you think of it so far yourself?

Quote:
And is there such a thing as too much TV?
No...no, there is not. There really is not.

Quote:
I just watched the first episode and I wasn't enjoying it, unfortunately. I wanted to! But I didn't. I went in with the expectations of it being like Everwood and Gilmore Girls and that was a mistake. So when I watch Rina's episode, it's going to be me going in just watching an episode...and hopefully it'll go better without way way way too high expectations.
Ah, I see! Yeah, it does have shades of GG and EW, but of course is nowhere near as glorious as they are. Sadly, I don't think I've seen any show that's begun in the last few years that comes close to the quality of the true classics I love. Still, for what it's worth, I think Hart of Dixie is one of the better shows on nowadays. Just when I thought CW had almost nothing to offer but silly and superficial material, Hart came along, and it's actually pretty character-driven, not overly sexual and not trying to be "edgy", it's got good stories and a nice atmosphere/feel to it. I'd love to hear what you think if you watch Rina's episode and maybe some others after it, to get a taste for it.

Quote:
Hmm, favourite episodes by Rina...hmm, "Goodbye, Love" and "The Unveiling"? Total shot in the dark.
Haha, nope! They were "The Kissing Bridge" (loads of Andy/Harold interaction...one of my favorite Irv/Edna plots...and good Harold/Edna stuff) and "The Price of Fame" (such a great, lighthearted episode...the theme of the theater!...Andy embarrassing himself...great guest character of Evelyn...and we get to see possibly the most obscure ship I'm on: Harold/the blond girl that sadly only appears in this episode. )
Closed Thread   Post New Thread