Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Am I late for the Birthday wishes? Happy birthday, Alan!

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 3

Don't know, not so good. There was a lot missing. Again we saw Walt vs. Skyler fighting, but that is getting a bit boring now. Hank got into a fight but no problem cos he's a cop and Jesse is still sad about Jane, he has a house of his own but nothing to do. Okay. And two drug bosses decided to spare Walt's life for now to let him cook some more meth. The show has a great video quality, wonderful camera work, but that's not enough if there are no thrilling storylines. Hope we get some more exciting stuff soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
About 5 episodes into Parenthood now & I'm still loving it. Crying through a lot of it, but still loving it through my sniffles & tears!
I'm so glad I'm a guy, I never cry. I'm glad that you like it or love it. 13 episodes is way to less for a show with such a big cast.

Quote:
I think whoever cast the actors did a great job finding people who look like they could be related: Hallie has her mother's build & her dad's colouring (those eyes are so similar!), Amber is Sarah but with darker eyes & puppy fat and all the siblings look like they're either a blend of Zeek & Camille or share particular characteristics with either parent.
Talking about that: Did you know, that we almost didn't get Lauren Graham to play Sarah? Because of actress Maura Tierney's breast cancer, Lauren got the role. Sad thing, but I'm happy about Lauren getting the role, since I'm a huge fan. Maura finished her treatment and is back to work. I don't know that actress, but since she was on E.R. for more than 10 years, I think she also would've done a good job on the show. Haddie? Hm, I stopped trying to think if they are really related, I can't tell those things.

Quote:
I actually like Julia a lot. In her situation regarding the fact that Harmony's always the princess, I'd have done exactly the same thing, except I'd have words with Racquel about her daughter taking turns/not being a bossy little madam & would help find Sydney some different friends!
I don't take risks & like to follow the rules so I get Julia. I love that Joel is probably the only person in the universe who can get away with calling her Jules!
Lucky you. I tried, but it was hard. It's not that I would't like her, it's simply that she and Joel had too many average or boring storylines, and Juila has a way of dealing with things, I like Adam, Sarah more.

Quote:
This show reminds me of Everwood as no-one's perfect on it, yet they are all easy to relate to and they feel like real people I could meet & interact with.
Definitely the plus of the show, the show says parenthood and it's about 4 different kinds of families, and they are all related, so they meet each other, have their own problems, they are different successful. And I absolutely think that this show is "real", there are shows that have these super-duper perfectly styled drama stuff (B&S also had that problem), but here it's not hard to relate to the 4 and the rest of course too. I also like that the show is about the grown ups and not so much about the kids.

Quote:
So, overall, Parenthood is amazing & I want to marry it and have its imperfect but beautiful babies!
Can't argue with that!

Quote:
My only bugbear is that the writers don't seem to know when to use "*character name* and I" (when that is the subject of the sentence, it should be used) and "*character name* and me" (object of the sentence). So "Don't give your mom & me attitude for grounding you" is correct, as is "Adam & I were very worried about Haddie", but "You should listen to your mother & I" is not!
No idea. Me is me and I is I. Maybe it's easier for me cos I speak German, so there's a difference between me and I. But isn't it obvious? Cos if you say "don't give ME" you don't say "don't give I" and you certainly wouldn't say "Me was or were worried about", that's "I was", so there is no other difference then the "+ some other person", but apart from that it's a normal singular sentence, like "don't give me" and "I was worried."
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 6

Halloween, pumpking carving, Halloween party. Sounds good. Mike didn’t want to dress up, Axl had great plans with a party in a morgue and Sue was going to a prom. I liked Brick’s dress of a Scottish soldier who died in WW1 or something like that – of course nobody knew what he was dressed up like. HILARIOUS when he said he was not Hannah Montana and whispered “Gossip Girl”. Nice that one old guy knew who he was. I hoped for it and it happened, when Sue wasn’t invited from a boy to the dance, she went to a Church Halloween and the great guitar-playing and singing reverend had returned. AH, that guy is so AWESOME, wow, he really could teach teenagers about God and stuff and understand them. One thing I’m so close to hate is Sue’s smiley face, it’s like she’s on valium all the time, that’s not good nor normal. She met a boy on the hey ride, that was sweet and they kissed, that’s much better. Mike showed that he can have fun – tping the neighbours house. It was a sweet Halloween episode.

Shameless: Season 1, Episode 11

This show is so messed up, I can't tell you. Frank was filmed running around and jumping from a window, so he didn't get any money for his disability to work. Now he had to find a job. Okay. He took Debby (I really like her so much, she totally grew on me) and Carl and they started searching for a job. Not a goob job, but a job that would hurt him ASAP, so he could get money again. Frank. Wow, Frank really took the nail drill and shot himself in the hand. Karen freaked out, black hair, nose piercing, webcam show - and what she did at the end of the episode, oh boi, that was really hard to take, this show sometimes goes to places that hurt. Can't wait to see what happens in the finale. Tony caught Steve stealing a car and punched the **** out of him, Fiona met a nice youngish woman named Jasmine (played by Amy Smart, I hated her since I saw her in Crank - but here she was really nice), who was really nice, but also acted weird. Then we had Ian and Lip searching for the real father, what an episode, really good, all storylines fitted together really well, it was not as funny as other episodes, but the storylines were so interesting to watch. I think season 2 can easily be better than season 1, cos the first 4 episodes were not as good as the episodes are now. Tomorrow the season finale - and then I'll have to start a new show

Coming up the next Against The Wall Episode and The Lying Game and Breaking Bad of course.

Against The Wall: Season 1, Episode 4

Boring case about a missing corpse, I didn’t care at all, sorry, I tried the last 3 episodes, but this was really weak and pointless. Treat had like 2 scenes, we got a sports-conflict to have some personal stuff, the case took like 30 out of 40 minutes, that’s definitely not something I like to see. Only Abby I really like, Rachael Carpani does a really good job, she’s smart, tough, but alos has heart if she needs to. She’s Abby, I still don’t know the names of the brothers, I feel sorry for Treat, hope he gets a better role soon. If the highlight of a full length episode is the flag football game at the end (was it? I even felt it was a bit embarrassing that they start fighting) then there is something seriously wrong. One more episode, and then I’m out.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-27-2011 at 07:44 AM
Old 08-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 4

That was better again, I'm glad. This episode had some funny moments, it was good to light bout the depressing atmosphere and to lose the tention a bit, there's enough drama coming. Jesse is selling drugs, Walt doesn't want to be involved, Hank has found a hot lead where the drugs come from. We didn't get much marriage drama, that was good, it simply was too much in the last 3 episodes. Job gave up his job more or less by acting weird in school. I think season 3 has a lot of potential and good storylines coming.

The Lying Game: Season 1, Episode 2

I think this is the 2nd chance out of maybe 3 for this show, if they do better now I think about watching it in the future, if not, I’ll decide next week. Since the show only has 10 episodes, I’ll see how it does, if the ratings go down again or stay only okay, I’ll maybe kick it anyway.

Somebody broke in last episode, stole the laptop, huge problem for Emma, she needed the informations to play Sutton. And it’s not that easy to pretend to be somebody else, she has to know all these things she doesn’t. And Sutton is in L.A. Still don’t like the theme sequence. One positive thing is that the “sister” of Sutton is actually really nice, not an evil stepsister you would expect. I liked how this other guy tought Emma to dance. Then the usual stuff, talk here, shopping there, not knowing things of course, not bad, not good, at least okay. BWR. Buy-war-return. I didn’t care again about all the other girls beside Sutton, there were like 3 or 4 of them. Sorry, but I didn’t care abou that poor girl that turned out to be not such a good ballet dancer, but her mother was strict and told her to work harder and didn’t get her daughter and Suton (Emma) tried to talk to the mom, but she didn’t listen. That was too corny. One problem is that all those girls and of course Sutton too are running around like models, with this super expensive clothes, not my world. I hope we get to see more of the real Sutton, cos I don’t really know how exactly she was compared to how Emma “plays” her. And of course I want to see more of her L.A. adventure. “It’s everything I ever wanted, except it’s not mine – it’s hers.” Well said. Then there was a prom. There are some secrets, Sutton’s father and this Adrian P guy from Heroes know that Sutton has some and they also have one. Why not, better one more interesting subplot than none. Unfortunately, besides the Sutton story there was not really something I wanted to see, some rich girls having some troubles with their parents is much too superficial drama for my taste. Sutton did some serious damage, not liking her parents, avoiding conflicts, not helping her friends, fake alarms, lying games, stealing some girl’s boyfriend, I hope we get an explanation why she was such a bad girl. The scene without lead Sutton didn’t work for me, there is no second character that I’m interested in, besides this guy she hangs out with. The best part of this episode easily was when the real Sutton finally made contact and told about her purse getting stolen and that the maybe mother didn’t show up and that they have to find the stolen laptop, cos everything is on it. Very mysterious, sounds interesting. As I thought, this other father, the hero guy, had stolen the laptop.

Not bad, but still too mediocre. At least the tempo wasn’t so fast anymore, the show made it easier to see what characters there are. Too thin, too obvious, not much new stuff, still all about Sutton trying to fit in and making mistakes or let’s say behaving nicely instead of acting mean like Sutton did.

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 1

Rewatch, after I have already seen 3 episodes. This was the 80 minutes long pilot, it was nice to watch, the beginning was more averagish, but it got a bit better when time went on. I'm not a mystery fan and am not happy about simple mystery of the week episodes, so I hope there is a big storyline that connects all the episodes. I like the 3 main characteres, Olivia Dunham, Dawson's Creek All-Star Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop and of course the great John Noble as Dr. Walter Bishop. Then we also have Lance Raddick from The Wire as Broyles. This episode was "only" about a virus that killed a whole plane full of people, it was not so interesting to me, but it was well done, effect were quiet good, some action, I don't expect a show to be great from the beginning, it's like with Revenge, they can't push the audience into the cold water, you have to give them time to get to know the characters, what the show is about, and then you can start. No problem with that, I like the characters and the look and maybe the idea even.

That was that for today, I'm glad I finished both TLG and ATW, so I can start season 4 of Alias tomorrow.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-27-2011 at 04:19 PM
Old 08-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 7

Brick’s 9th birthday – surprise party on Saturday. HE invited his whole class, so a big surprise party for Frankie. And then Brick wanted to know what happened the day he was born, but somehow nobody wanted to tell him that. At least he was not adopted. Poor class, they had to do silent reading and then they visited the library. Then they told him the story, but I was sure it wasn’t the real story. And it wasn’t, funny when Axl said something and Brick realized the lie. The real story was a lot of fun, the Hecks accidentally took the luxury suite at the hospital which was booked by the Fergusons. “I was pretty sure I picked the right one.” Oh lord, both kids were labelled Ferguson and Mike picked? That’s shocking. After replaying, I was pretty sure he picked the wrong child. Oh God, Brick is the wrong baby. “How long you realized you had the wrong baby? :For one month lol: “I have the coolest birthday story ever.” Axl works at the theatre, his new boss is like fuego hot, really a babe. But she was somehow very slow, very blonde, even better, better chances for Axl to ever make out with her. Okay, she was like really stupid, cute, beautiful but stupid. Isn’t that always the problem in tv shows? Nah, but sometimes. “Today you learned that there are more important things than just a pretty face.” Really fun episode, the best episodes are the ones with the big heart.

Shameles: Season 1, Episode 12

So sad, it's over. It was a great, emotiona, dramatic, funny, shocking finale, well done. Season 1 was a really strong season, after the first 3-4 episodes had to introduce the characters, the show took off after that, wonderful episodes, really a show I look forward to watch for 2012. There was no dramatic cliffhanger, but some things are open, Steve vs. Fiona, Lip vs. Frank, Ethel - I can't wait to see the Gallaghers get older and experience more crazy stories.

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 5

Good episode, now it's going up. Didn't like the Skyler scenes too much, but not uninteresting what she had to say. The divorce papers are signed, finally!!! Hank's partner is leaving, he has troubles, can't talk to his wife, but finally found a hot lead concerning the RVs. I'm glad he does, Hank needs more screentime, finally he got some. At first I was really confused, cos in the beginning of the episode we saw Walter with hair, it was a future flash, took me some time to figure that out. Jesse and Walt are now competing, both are cooking drugs, it's obvious who will win, Walt got an expensive lab from Gustavo. Really interesting stuff, after the slow and dramatic start, I'm glad the focus is now on the drug biz again.

Betty, could you please add Shameless to my favourite shows? At the last spot.

Just found out, that Timothy Busfield, who played the principal or something like that on Emily's Beyond The Blackboard, was on a show called Thirtysomething - a show with Ken Olin and Patricia Wettig. They all worked together for 4 years. The world is small.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-28-2011 at 09:15 AM
Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Harry Potter 7 Part 2

It's funny... for YEARS now, Alex and I said NO MATTER WHAT we were watching the final installment of this series together. Not that we even love the movies. The books rule all. The movies are so different from the books but we both knew that. Books = golden. Movies = fun supplement.

Anyway, we said we'd watch this together in person and we did... in NYC in Manhattan in 3D. It was as good as it gets. It was a beautiful day to go to the movies, too, considering it was raining for hours and hours. We went to Central Park, got rained on, went to get coffee, got rained on more, then went to the movie, soaking wet. But it was fun anyway.

Splitting 7 into two films was to the advantage of Part 2, as was the fact that this film deals only with roughly the final third of the book. I really liked that this specific area of the book was focused in on because it needed to be.

It's so dark and thunderous (NYC was at that moment, too, so it rocked all more watching it this way) which got right to the point... Harry, the hero, having to face his toughest task. You very clearly saw how this was Harry's gig and ONLY Harry's gig even if Ron and Hermione were right by his side. All of the action sequences were perfectly executed. The dialogue was not hurried through and important when it needed to be. The final showdown was everything and more.

There were a couple areas I was slightly disappointed, however:

1. Ginny and her lack of character growth: I believe no matter WHO was writing and directing the movies, they missed the boat, big time, on Ginny and Harry/Ginny for that matter. We never got to see Ginny's powers as a witch or even the depth of love she had for Harry. This is very disappointing to me. However, the movies are the movies and the books are IT. Still, I wish we would have gotten more.

2. Harry/Ginny: See above. Obviously if you don't develop Ginny, you aren't going to develop Harry/Ginny. I was waiting since OotP to see their romance come to life but it didn't happen. Harry/Ginny actually had the largest, most profound emotional/romantic connection of the series but you didn't see that on the screen. It was disappointing.

3. Ron/Hermione kiss: It was fun, it was laughable but somehow I expected a little more. Rupert and Emma did a good job with it, though. I liked how Ron/Hermione smiled at each other after the kiss. It was cute. However, there was still something off with that scene.

4. Whenever Harry walks to his death: This is probably my favorite part of the entire series. Rowling is a genius writing this material. I knew it would fail in the movie and it certainly did. I didn't feel anything when Harry was talking to his parents, Sirius and Lupin. I was practically in tears while reading the scene come to life in the books. Of course they miss Harry/Ginny and their moment in the movie as well.

Why I loved the movie so much, though, was because of how it flowed and the main scenes were perfectly executed. I also believe Dan/Rupert/Emma did a fantastic job in the acting department. Emma has come such a long way. She was really good in this movie. I always wanted to SEE that final Harry/Voldemort scene come to life on the screen and it did very clearly so I couldn't ask for more.

Seeing this final installment in NYC, with Alex, was definitely worth the price of admission and so much more.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-28-2011 at 10:08 PM
Old 08-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Season 1 of Parenthood is over!

I've cried probably about as much as I did watching Season 1 of Everwood.

The whole Haddie-Steve-Amber scenario had me bawling in places, especially Amber & Sarah's moment where Amber's being all down on herself & saying she's no good. Poor Drew, suffering from the fallout between Sarah & Adam too, I really felt for him as he clearly thinks quite a lot of Adam (as do I-how does he do it, attempting to be all things to all people & being pretty awesome generally?).

Also, Lauren Graham is really good at the crying/emotional scenes & she makes me tear up whenever she does, which to me is the mark of a great actress!

I found it weird to see Mike O'Malley reading poetry on screen as I associate him with Glee and the blue collar, not particularly well-read mechanic that he plays on that.

I still really like Julia, no major issues with her at all, which is probably quite an unusual opinion to have.

Joel is an awesome dad, as is Crosby. They're different, but both really good. Adam (Dudley Do-Right, hee, so true!) is too, but that goes without saying, and I love that Zeek acknowledged that. He's not a bad dad either. Sure, I hate that he cheated, but from what I've seen & heard it sounds like he was a pretty good dad to have growing up, albeit perhaps not one who said he loved them or showed/shared his emotions with them, but not unkind or cruel.

I can't wait for Season 2!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 2

Boring episode, a baby was born that got older within minutes. The rest was a boring catch the serial killer with too many coincidences, like Olivia knowing the case about this killer, there was almost nothing new, it was a stand alone episode about catching a killer within 40 minutes. The ending was especially boring and I have problems liking Ana Torf aka Olivia Dunham, she is too cool IMO. Hope the next episode is better, I of course give the show some episodes to develop and I will watch the first season from start to finish, still they can do better then giving us a random episode that could've been a CSI episode.

Well done, Louisa. Glad you enjoyed it, but it's easy to love the show if you have a sense for drama, and this is fantastic drama with a great cast, wonderful different characters and great writers for really good drama. Expect even more from the full length second season. Season 3 is starting in 16 days, it's one of the first fall shows to start, the rest will follow one week later. Can't wait, from all the promos I've seen and what I've read, there will be some good guest actors and I like almost all the storylines that are coming.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Agreed about having faith in the writers and especially the creators.

Sarah's backstory is definitely missing. If we don't get even 50% of a backstory I am going to be fuming. It's ridiculous. I thought that was happening before the wedding. I hope they didn't miss the boat. I really hope not. Morgan as the Intersect... I am not sure where they are going with that. I hope it ties up in a couple episodes though. I love Morgan but that doesn't seem fitting, especially with limited episodes left in the series.
On OT2 as requested

Yes to me Sarah's backstory is one of few stones left unturned with this show. The other would be giving Casey a love interest....which would be fun to see but if I had to pick I want more about Sarah! She is an enigma to this point which is crazy considering she is one of the main characters.

Agreed about Morgan but Im afraid that wont be the case...I think the writers are really loving this idea of book ending the show the same way you know S1- Nerd gets intersect(Chuck) now S5-Nerd gets intersect(Morgan). I expect Morgan to have a much bigger role this season and I can be okay with that if they address the one MAJOR flaw with this storyline, Chuck was suppose to be "special" remember. What ever happened to Chuck and his dad being the only ones able to handle the intersect? Shaw had it but his definately didnt work as flawlessly as Chucks it was already hurting his brain a day into having it while it took Chuck years to have any side effects. Chuck is special thats what his dad told him and thats what the shows runners have preached...but now Morgan has the intersect and it didnt kill him upon upload? WTF remember back in S2 when a WHOLE Ring army was killed simply from trying to upload it? Or how about when Chuck and Casey got Team Bartowski out of the jam in vs. The Suburbs by turning on the intersect upload and killing their enemies? Oh so all the sudden little old Morgan can upload it with no problem? Yeah that moment alone killed the finale last year for me. It was great and I loooooooved it all until that last moment which still leaves me feeling just ugh let down? Yeah thats the best word I guess I just expect more from this show and I am looking forward to see how they continue with this storyline without completely forgetting about the BASIS OF THE SHOW!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Season 1 of Parenthood is over!

I've cried probably about as much as I did watching Season 1 of Everwood.

The whole Haddie-Steve-Amber scenario had me bawling in places, especially Amber & Sarah's moment where Amber's being all down on herself & saying she's no good. Poor Drew, suffering from the fallout between Sarah & Adam too, I really felt for him as he clearly thinks quite a lot of Adam (as do I-how does he do it, attempting to be all things to all people & being pretty awesome generally?).

Also, Lauren Graham is really good at the crying/emotional scenes & she makes me tear up whenever she does, which to me is the mark of a great actress!

I found it weird to see Mike O'Malley reading poetry on screen as I associate him with Glee and the blue collar, not particularly well-read mechanic that he plays on that.

I still really like Julia, no major issues with her at all, which is probably quite an unusual opinion to have.

Joel is an awesome dad, as is Crosby. They're different, but both really good. Adam (Dudley Do-Right, hee, so true!) is too, but that goes without saying, and I love that Zeek acknowledged that. He's not a bad dad either. Sure, I hate that he cheated, but from what I've seen & heard it sounds like he was a pretty good dad to have growing up, albeit perhaps not one who said he loved them or showed/shared his emotions with them, but not unkind or cruel.

I can't wait for Season 2!
Season 2 of Parenthood just gets better and better. It's every bit as good, if not better, than season 1. A lot of stuff coming your way!

Agreed on Lauren Graham. She can do the whole waterworks thing very well. She gets to me when she does that too! Lol.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 08-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 2 is not yet available for me to purchase & even if it were, I'm going to be too poor to afford it for a while!

I'll have to ask for it for Christmas!

I also had a look at Televison Without Pity's forum for the show & some of the stuff I thought might happen is going to take place, which makes me excited!

I also forgot to mention that Monica Potter reminds me a little, appearance-wise at least, of Lily Van Der Woodsen (Serena's mother on Gossip Girl, not sure of the actress' name) & Kelly Rowan, who played Kirsten Cohen on The OC. I think those three could convincingly play sisters in a movie or a TV show.

Last edited by Louisa C; 08-28-2011 at 02:12 PM Reason: spelling!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

Quote:
On OT2 as requested
Back in the day I never cared about OT versus OT2 and Alex were the ones who created OT2! LOL. But I don't have a point here so shutting up... or maybe I do. LOL.

Quote:
Yes to me Sarah's backstory is one of few stones left unturned with this show. The other would be giving Casey a love interest....which would be fun to see but if I had to pick I want more about Sarah! She is an enigma to this point which is crazy considering she is one of the main characters.
That's what I don't understand. She is more popular than Chuck to many people! Why are they sitting on her backstory? What's up with her mom? Lets hit more on why she forever has had a difficult time opening up to people, minus Chuck, of course. There is so much to explore here. I really thought they'd do it before marriage but they didn't. Lets do it now as they adjust to married life and maybe approach having children in the future. Maybe that is what will happen? Chuck/Sarah will discuss having children and that could cause Sarah to have some parenting fears in that she doesn't want to make the same mistakes with her children that her parents made with her?

Also, has it been stated either way if she has any siblings?

Quote:
Agreed about Morgan but Im afraid that wont be the case...I think the writers are really loving this idea of book ending the show the same way you know S1- Nerd gets intersect(Chuck) now S5-Nerd gets intersect(Morgan). I expect Morgan to have a much bigger role this season and I can be okay with that if they address the one MAJOR flaw with this storyline, Chuck was suppose to be "special" remember. What ever happened to Chuck and his dad being the only ones able to handle the intersect? Shaw had it but his definately didnt work as flawlessly as Chucks it was already hurting his brain a day into having it while it took Chuck years to have any side effects. Chuck is special thats what his dad told him and thats what the shows runners have preached...but now Morgan has the intersect and it didnt kill him upon upload? WTF remember back in S2 when a WHOLE Ring army was killed simply from trying to upload it? Or how about when Chuck and Casey got Team Bartowski out of the jam in vs. The Suburbs by turning on the intersect upload and killing their enemies? Oh so all the sudden little old Morgan can upload it with no problem? Yeah that moment alone killed the finale last year for me. It was great and I loooooooved it all until that last moment which still leaves me feeling just ugh let down? Yeah thats the best word I guess I just expect more from this show and I am looking forward to see how they continue with this storyline without completely forgetting about the BASIS OF THE SHOW!
I think you're right that the Intersect will remain with Morgan for a while. Yes, such a great point about HOW this didn't affect Morgan! He is not special, right? I mean, CHUCK IS! How is Morgan not affected by this? Is it possible when Chuck got the Intersect back in season 1 somehow Morgan was affected too or is that reaching? Morgan WAS over there that night, right? Now watch they show that Morgan was affected somehow because of that maybe? Maybe they'll do a flashback and show something new? Or maybe not. This is very weird. I hope they have a good story to back up why Morgan is not affected by this and Chuck's theme of special is nursed and maintained!

I am also still holding out hope Orion is alive too. Yes, I will never shut up about this until the series finale concludes and all hope is officially lost.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-28-2011 at 04:25 PM
Old 08-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

That's what I don't understand. She is more popular than Chuck to many people! Why are they sitting on her backstory? What's up with her mom? Lets hit more on why she forever has had a difficult time opening up to people, minus Chuck, of course. There is so much to explore here. I really thought they'd do it before marriage but they didn't. Lets do it now as they adjust to married life and maybe approach having children in the future. Maybe that is what will happen? Chuck/Sarah will discuss having children and that could cause Sarah to have some parenting fears in that she doesn't want to make the same mistakes with her children that her parents made with her?
Well I mean I understand why they have held out because Sarah has always been this mysterious character. That was a big part of the CS relationship early on and still is somewhat. But now in the final season there is no reason to keep it all hidden anymore lets see why she is the way she is...Im sure Chuck is interested!

Quote:
Also, has it been stated either way if she has any siblings?
Well back in Season 1 1x04 actually(one of my fav episodes ever) she answered a question at game night with Ellie and them saying that her most dangerous situation in life was when her and her "sister" put baby oil on instead of sunscreen and were burnt to a crisp. Now the question has always been was that a lie for the game(we all know with her being a spy that was not really her most dangerous life situation) or if maybe that was a true story minus the it being the most dangerous part. There has been much speculation on that we have even thrown out there that Carina is actually Sarah's sister. So who knows....at this point with what we saw last year its hard to say that she had a sibling but who knows maybe her sister/brother went with her mom and Sarah went with her Dad.

Yes I remember that scene on cue...dont hate!

Quote:
I think you're right that the Intersect with remain with Morgan for a while. Yes, such a great point about HOW this didn't affect Morgan! He is not special, right? I mean, CHUCK IS! How is Morgan not affected by this? Is it possible when Chuck got the Intersect back in season 1 somehow Morgan was affected too or is that reaching? Morgan WAS over there that night, right? Now watch they show that Morgan was affected somehow because of that maybe? Maybe they'll do a flashback and show something new? Or maybe not. This is very weird. I hope they have a good story to back up why Morgan is not affected by this and Chuck's theme of special is nursed and maintained!
No Morgan wasn't there that night remember Chuck sent him off:

Morgan: "Its that time?"
Chuck: "Yep Pedal safe buddy"

Haha love the Pilot good times! ANyway no Morgan was not there that night so they couldnt do that BUT I was thinking maybe Morgan could have been exposed to it as a kid like CHuck was...HOWEVER that would be a stretch and I hope the writers are not going to be that lazy.

Quote:
I am also still holding out hope Orion is alive too. Yes, I will never shut up about this until the series finale concludes and all hope is officially lost.
Haha while I really would love to have him alive now that he is dead i DONT want him to be brought back. It would ruin one of the most emotional, dramatic, and well acted scenes of the show. When he died that scene just wow with Chuck holding him and Ellie looking on in the distance...I dont want that to be pretend you know? It would ruin it.

Having said that in the finale in that final sequence when that guy laughed in Chucks face about them killing his dad....it makes you wonder....
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

Quote:
Well I mean I understand why they have held out because Sarah has always been this mysterious character. That was a big part of the CS relationship early on and still is somewhat. But now in the final season there is no reason to keep it all hidden anymore lets see why she is the way she is...Im sure Chuck is interested!
Exactly!

Unless I made this up, though, I thought Josh said he was attacking her backstory before the series concluded. I might have made that up but I could swear I read that somewhere last season. I assumed that meant he would go there last season since this season was unsure until AFTER the season. I just hope it happens before the series concludes. I get the mystery, though. It makes people love her all the more.

Quote:
Well back in Season 1 1x04 actually(one of my fav episodes ever) she answered a question at game night with Ellie and them saying that her most dangerous situation in life was when her and her "sister" put baby oil on instead of sunscreen and were burnt to a crisp. Now the question has always been was that a lie for the game(we all know with her being a spy that was not really her most dangerous life situation) or if maybe that was a true story minus the it being the most dangerous part. There has been much speculation on that we have even thrown out there that Carina is actually Sarah's sister. So who knows....at this point with what we saw last year its hard to say that she had a sibling but who knows maybe her sister/brother went with her mom and Sarah went with her Dad.
Oh yes! Hmm, I really wonder if that line was legit or, yes, maybe Carina is her sister. They certainly ACT like sisters in many ways. Please, lets get this answered!

Quote:
No Morgan wasn't there that night remember Chuck sent him off:

Morgan: "Its that time?"
Chuck: "Yep Pedal safe buddy"
Yes, I remember that!

What I meant (but explained so dang poorly) was maybe we'll find out Morgan pedaled on back, heh, and somehow he was indirectly caught in the fire of when Chuck was zapped and Morgan and Chuck do not even realize it? I know it's an out there theory but who knows. Morgan WAS the last person to see Chuck before it happened. What if he did come back and that will be the surprise and twist this season. I know I'm reaching but it's fun to speculate anyway!

Quote:
Haha love the Pilot good times! ANyway no Morgan was not there that night so they couldnt do that BUT I was thinking maybe Morgan could have been exposed to it as a kid like CHuck was...HOWEVER that would be a stretch and I hope the writers are not going to be that lazy.
Yes, you never know! Morgan was around the family LIKE he was family so there are many twists and scenarios that could come to be. It has the potential to be really interesting.

Quote:
Haha while I really would love to have him alive now that he is dead i DONT want him to be brought back. It would ruin one of the most emotional, dramatic, and well acted scenes of the show. When he died that scene just wow with Chuck holding him and Ellie looking on in the distance...I dont want that to be pretend you know? It would ruin it.

Having said that in the finale in that final sequence when that guy laughed in Chucks face about them killing his dad....it makes you wonder....
I KNOW! That was a teaser, don't you think? Seriously. That was way too inserted for it not to grab the audience a bit. How is that just a coincidence? It can't be. Orion is ALIVE and WELL... I hope.

I do get what you're saying though... that scene was amazing when he died. But honestly, there was a teaser in the finale. There really was. So who knows!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Exactly!

Unless I made this up, though, I thought Josh said he was attacking her backstory before the series concluded. I might have made that up but I could swear I read that somewhere last season. I assumed that meant he would go there last season since this season was unsure until AFTER the season. I just hope it happens before the series concludes. I get the mystery, though. It makes people love her all the more.
Yep Sarah is my favorite character is television history because of her depth...and that says something considering at first glance we know nothing about her. But because of the acting by Yvonne you can just see behind what she says or doesnt say and know there is sooooo much more back there.

Quote:
Oh yes! Hmm, I really wonder if that line was legit or, yes, maybe Carina is her sister. They certainly ACT like sisters in many ways. Please, lets get this answered!
Well in the first couple of seasons they really acted like sisters and even in the beginning of season three when Carina came back and gave Sarah the flash drive of Chuck's ILY. But in S4 with the wedding and such idk I feel like if she was her sister it would have been revealed then. She may not be blood in the end but they are certainly sisters in the spy world if nothing else.

Quote:
Yes, I remember that!

What I meant (but explained so dang poorly) was maybe we'll find out Morgan pedaled on back, heh, and somehow he was indirectly caught in the fire of when Chuck was zapped and Morgan and Chuck do not even realize it? I know it's an out there theory but who knows. Morgan WAS the last person to see Chuck before it happened. What if he did come back and that will be the surprise and twist this season. I know I'm reaching but it's fun to speculate anyway!
Yeah that be a big reach because remember Morgan came back the next morning and was like dude what happened to you....He would have been flat on his back too had he uploaded it.

Quote:
I KNOW! That was a teaser, don't you think? Seriously. That was way too inserted for it not to grab the audience a bit. How is that just a coincidence? It can't be. Orion is ALIVE and WELL... I hope.

I do get what you're saying though... that scene was amazing when he died. But honestly, there was a teaser in the finale. There really was. So who knows
There was definately a bit of a teaser but I think that was because they assumed S4 was the end of the series. Thats the same reason Morgan got the intersect i dont think they honestly thought they would ever get into that on screen but here we are....It will be interesting to see how it plays out.