Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
- so I'm a bit of a girly guy.
It's okay....my Daughter's Dutch boyfriend loves chick flicks....nothing wrong with that! It makes life a lot easier when they choose films to watch. And it doesn't make you a girly guy. It just makes you open minded.

Quote:
And I'll check out the new ABC Family show called The Lying Game. It's about twins who were adopted right after birth, but now meet when they are teens and switch roles and of course their lives were total opposits, it sounds
I've seen previews for this show...yes, it looks interesting.

Quote:
And I have to tell you that I will watch FNL S4 maybe end of year (in the winter break of fall season),
This show I will tell you that you need to finish.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wilfred: Season 1, Episode 9

It was nice to watch, but a bit weaker then the last strong 4 episode. Today we met Ryan's mother, got to know something from his past, not much, at least what happened to his mom and that he had a kinda hard time when he was a teenager. It was the most serious episode so far, but thanks to the iridescent Wilfred we got some funny moments, „I’m not crazy“ – „said the man to the dog.“ Or: "„Wilfred is trying to steal my mother.“ Only 4 episode left. Really nice show, of course you can easily say that every episode is the same and 95% of the laughs are on Wilfred, but it's an innovative show that dares something new, it's not about the same old comedy things, it's fresh and it's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It's okay....my Daughter's Dutch boyfriend loves chick flicks....nothing wrong with that! It makes life a lot easier when they choose films to watch. And it doesn't make you a girly guy. It just makes you open minded.
Nah, I'm not into chick flicks, but I like drama movies or tv shows that a lot of people I chat online find boring, they always make fun of me that I watch so much "woman show" like Parenthood, SAB, B&S, Dawson's Creek - cos many guys watch the cable stuff like Dexter, Breaking Bad and so on, and House and more manly shows. It's okay, cos I know them, they are just kidding, but I'm a drama queen. But I don't like RomComs, I like drama, so I'd still be difficult to watch something together. Call it whatever you like, I am what I am.

Quote:
I've seen previews for this show...yes, it looks interesting.
I'll let you know maybe tomorrow.

Quote:
This show I will tell you that you need to finish.
Will do, but it was so much fun writing with another person, I won't watch it on my own. Season 3 was as good as season 1, so I think the show can also give us 2 more good seasons.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Call it whatever you like, I am what I am.
Aren't we all?

Quote:
I'll let you know maybe tomorrow.
Okay...thanks.

Books:

I just finished reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I tried to read quickly...because I want to see the movie before it's gone.

Has anyone read it/and... or/ seen the movie?

Book is excellent...finished it in 2 days...couldn't put it down.
Can't wait to see the movie...but I'm sure it won't be as good as the book.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Aren't we all?
How philosophical is that. Lizzie McGuire was a guy girl today - that fits perfectly into this discussion.

Quote:
Okay...thanks.
Thank me when I did it.

Quote:
I just finished reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I tried to read quickly...because I want to see the movie before it's gone.

Has anyone read it/and... or/ seen the movie?
No, but I plan to do so. I think it's released in German in December or so. I was really happy when I saw this drama on #2 of the movie charts, it's always nice to see when a quality movie (good characters, good story, message) is watched by a lot of people, don't know if you know what other movies are in theatre atm, but IMHO a lot of them are simply for the summer made crap blockbusters. Betty, please let us know what you think about the movie, and though I'm no reader, I know that it's hard for a movie to compete with a book, that are 2 very different mediums, a book can tell a story over months or even years, a movie only has like 2 hours at best and a lot things seem too fast or are missing.

Sunny day at where I live, Lizzie McGuire episode 33/34 coming up, finale tomorrow + rewatch of the REAL last episode (freaking wrong broadcasting order ) + movie, The Middle S1 finale (was a really good season, suprisingly such a fun comedy show with great characters and actors, well done ABC!), Wilfred again, Scoundrels, Shameless, The Lying Game. Great programme.

The Middle: Season 1, Episode 24

“End of school year.” No wonder Sue had no picture in the yearbook, she dind’t make it into any club and her pictures she took at school three times were just creepy – but she doesn’t know that yet. “We’re lazy parents.” – “Nothing wrong with average.” Or how Mike put it: “We have nothing to worry about. Our kids are just fine.” Lazy parents! Very interesting thing. Think too many parents nowadays are that way, cos caring how the children do at school or in private would be work. It was a great sequence how the Heck parents were at school. No, Brick can’t go to 3rd great cos he didn’t return library books. No, the teacher doesn’t know who Sue Heck is, “is she African-American?” “Axl is gifted? Our Axl?” Me: What the heck, how can this lazy, half-naked, bored guy be gifted? Yes, he is, but he’s lazy, so he could do a lot better. That’s alright, now there’s still hope. Poor Axl, he thought they were kidding, no, they weren’t, now they were expecting grades from his potential. “I can’t please you people. Stupid big brain.” Thanks to Brick’s intelligence, it turned out be a mistake. The librarian was played by the great, the legend Batty White. 89 years old and still rocking it, impressive isn’t the right word, from outer space sounds a lot better. She was soooo good as the book obsessed librarian and evil too, okay, Brick had borrowed and not returned 31(!) books, so no wonder she wanted them back. I found it was a bit mean that Sue got hit by a deer and couldn’t make the cross country team. Doesn’t that girl deserve to have some fun in life? But it was worth it, cos she decided to run 5 laps with crooks! Like God hates her or something, she made 4 laps, was on lap 5, it started to rain, her crook broke, in the end she was crawling on the track towards the finish line. SHE MADE IT! EPIC!!!! Wow, Axl got a B- and Brick brought back the atlas to make it to the 3rd great. BEAUTIFUL ending of a fun first season.

Wilfred: Season 1, Episode 10

Another good episode, it had a couple of funny moments. It was about Ryan coming out of his safe house to meet the neighbours, who he had never met before. But it was of course a risk, he had to talk about his life, and that was very unpleaseant for him. He got accused of breaking in, Wilfred was acting like the usual maniac, but it was fun, interesting with Ryan's meeting with the real world, Wilfred vs. a ball throwing boy who made him mad, a homeless person giving Ryan an advice, he still has the chance to chose between being home alone or making some effort and meet other people. It's a really funny show, I have to admit there were some scenes that were too much, but that's the style of the show and in the end everything worked out fine for everybody, so I can't complain, how many clean tv shows are out there who wouldn't and couldn't dare to go to places where you have to think twice if you can laugh about that scene? But with the crazy dog-man Wilfred, played by the wonderful producer Jason Gann it's not so hard to laugh about things that are hard to take.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-21-2011 at 07:50 AM
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I read The Help a few months ago now & am really looking forward to seeing the movie, which is out in November over here.

It took me a while to get into it, mainly due to Aibileen's sections being written how she speaks, so I was put off by the grammatical & spelling mistakes, but I thought she was an interesting character, so I persevered & eventually became so gripped by the story I got past it.

Some of the white women's discussions on black people's rights/intelligence/lifestyle made me go back to check the dates as I couldn't believe it took place in 1960-something, I was convinced it was 1860-something as their comments were unbelievable!

I love Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard & Allison Janney so am looking forward to seeing the movie very much.

I raced through Season 5 of Medium and it was as excellent as ever. I love Allison & Joe's relationship as it's such a real portrayal of marriage, with disagreements on parenting, frank discussion of money matters and two fundamentally different people who bring out the best in eachother, cherish their di-fferences & really love and trust eachother.

Scanlon's such an interesting character & I thought it was intriguing to see how different he turned out from his brother. I love Lee & Lynn and baby Leigh together, so sweet!

This Season I noticed a few mistakes/discrepancies regarding the timeline. I'm sure in the early episodes (Ariel is about 12), one of the parents mentions being married to the other for +/- 15 years and then Allison is pregnant with Ariel at the wedding. There's also a reference to a son who would have been 15 when Ariel's 12/13, who was stillborn/ended in a miscarriage, but it's possible Joe & Alison were expecting before they got married, so maybe it does work. This show is usually so excellent at referencing past events & keeping its time-line straight that the moment struck me as inconsistent.

Looking forward to Season 7, having read some of the recaps on IMDB, though I'm going to have to stock up on tissues for a couple of them.
I've seen trailers for Wilfred (the dog who appears to be a dog to everyone else but as a guy in a dog costume to our favourite Hobbit, Elijah Wood) and it just seems so random that I don't think I'd like it. Elijah is cute though & doesn't seem to have aged much since Lord Of The Rings!

I can, however suspend all disbelief when it comes to Being Erica. I love Erin Karplug & relate to Erica on lots of levels and I think the premise is brilliant although impossible, perhaps because I'd like to not do some of the things I did when I was younger.

Must get Season 2 as soon as I'm solvent!

Parenthood I'm theoretically saving for my babysitting job on Wednesday but I may crack, depending how well work goes in the next few days.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
I read The Help a few months ago now & am really looking forward to seeing the movie, which is out in November over here.
I won't get the chance to see it in cinema, since my friends rather want to watch some action movie or some blockbuster in cinema, so I would have towatch it alone.

Quote:
I've seen trailers for Wilfred (the dog who appears to be a dog to everyone else but as a guy in a dog costume to our favourite Hobbit, Elijah Wood) and it just seems so random that I don't think I'd like it. Elijah is cute though & doesn't seem to have aged much since Lord Of The Rings!
No, you don't have to like it at all, it's not a show for everybody, I can tell you that! In the forum I'm "living" and writing most of the time, there were like up to 6 people who were watching, but now there are only 3 (with me included) left. It's a fun show, but I totally understand if you don't like the idea or if you watch it and think "what a crap", it's a crazy show.

Quote:
Parenthood I'm theoretically saving for my babysitting job on Wednesday but I may crack, depending how well work goes in the next few days.
Stay strong. Only 13 episodes, that's not much, but t gives a good first impression of things to come and season 2 I liked a lot, they took the 22 episodes and gave us a lot of great storylines. It's from Jason Katims (Roswell, FNL), that man can't do wrong.

Now I finally have to watch some Scoundrels and The Lying Game to, I wrote that the ratings were not so good and compared to Switched At Birth disappointing, so I'm not sure if I really should start that show, but why not give it a try, check if I like it at all, and then we will see.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It is presently out in the States.

Quote:
It took me a while to get into it, mainly due to Aibileen's sections being written how she speaks, so I was put off by the grammatical & spelling mistakes, but I thought she was an interesting character, so I persevered & eventually became so gripped by the story I got past it.
I could see how that would happen. I also had difficulty in the beginning figuring out what Aibileen was saying...after a while...it became much easier.

Quote:
Some of the white women's discussions on black people's rights/intelligence/lifestyle made me go back to check the dates as I couldn't believe it took place in 1960-something, I was convinced it was 1860-something as their comments were unbelievable!
I know...it is unbelievable! Yes...the 1960s was the heart of the Civil Rights movement....this was really going on (mostly in the deep south). Many brave people worked very hard to change things during this time and some lost their lives.

Quote:
I love Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard & Allison Janney so am looking forward to seeing the movie very much.
I am also looking forward to seeing this movie...hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
No, but I plan to do so. I think it's released in German in December or so. I was really happy when I saw this drama on #2 of the movie charts, it's always nice to see when a quality movie (good characters, good story, message) is watched by a lot of people, don't know if you know what other movies are in theatre atm, but IMHO a lot of them are simply for the summer made crap blockbusters. Betty, please let us know what you think about the movie, and though I'm no reader, I know that it's hard for a movie to compete with a book, that are 2 very different mediums, a book can tell a story over months or even years, a movie only has like 2 hours at best and a lot things seem too fast or are missing.
I can understand why this movie is experiencing success. Many people read the book...very popular...so I'm sure they all want to see the film.
I'll let you know what I think of it, Matt.

I just want you to keep in mind that this story does not represent all Americans. These were very close-minded, ignorant people. Thank God it is (for the most part) no longer like this...and these ridiculous rules no longer exist.

ETA: Here is the trailer.....

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 08-21-2011 at 09:34 AM
Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Scoundrels: Season 1, Episode 7

Another average episode, the usual stuff, some nice moments, but nothing more. Cheryl’s business got in troubles, it was a fight to get the money back, Cal stole money, Logan’s affair with Patty and the problems with his now ex-girlfriend Valerie were boring, and Heather’s paparazzi pic in the press was also not so exciting, Hope helped her to make it right, I didn’t get what exactly she did, she helped writing a text, but what good was that for? Never mind, I’m glad tomorrow this show is over, it’s not really worth watching, not completely waste of time thanks to the nice cast and the interesting, likable characters, but that was it, no real storylines, and almost nothing to laugh about, real drama is missing too. One more episode to go, and then I'm Breaking Bad.

Quote:
I can understand why this movie is experiencing success. Many people read the book...very popular...so I'm sure they all want to see the film.
I'll let you know what I think of it, Matt.
As I said I don't read books and I enjoy a lot of films based on books, so I'm looking forward to the movie, I hope it's as good as the trailer looks.

Quote:
I just want you to keep in mind that this story does not represent all Americans. These were very close-minded, ignorant people. Thank God it is (for the most part) no longer like this...and these ridiculous rules no longer exist.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Still it's good that a light movie (at least that's the impression I got after watching the trailer, it's not a heavy drama) talks about an important topic like that.

Quote:
I know...it is unbelievable! Yes...the 1960s was the heart of the Civil Rights movement....this was really going on (mostly in the deep south). Many brave people worked very hard to change things during this time and some lost their lives.
Yeah, it's almost surreal, if you consider that WW2 was like more than 10 years ago and still those troubles. Germany had the Berlin Wall until 1990, can you believe that? Talk about South Africa, I wasn't sure, so I read it on wiki, it was in 1994(!) when the apartheit was officially ended by law. Now do the math and think about when this was. Some things you can't believe...

Quote:
ETA: Here is the trailer.....
ETA? What does that mean? Just curious.

Now just for you (and of course me) The Lying Game coming up next.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-21-2011 at 10:27 AM
Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Some things you can't believe...
Very hard to believe...and hopefully never to happen again!

Quote:
ETA? What does that mean? Just curious.
It is the abbreviation for "Edited To Add". I put that there when I add something extra...after posting.

Quote:
Now just for you (and of course me) The Lying Game coming up next.
And I hope others as well!!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm one of the nerdy people who likes to read the book before I see the film, so then I can criticise it properly ("Oh no, why did they cast X/Y? They look nothing like I pictured in my head & how the book describes them!"; "Why on earth did they leave out that scene?" etc...). From what I've heard the adaptation of The Help is pretty faithful, so I'll probably like it.

However, I'm going to see One Day on Wednesday even though I couldn't find the book anywhere so haven't been able to read it!

On the book front, I'm totally enthralled by Robin Hobb's fantasy series. Each separate series is told from the point of view of one of the inhabitants of a specific area/town of the fantasy world. I've read the dragon series comprised of 2 books and read the first one which is about traders and the liveships they use which are made out of the serpents' chrysalis that they make in order to metamorphose into dragons.

There's usually a strong female character that the story revolves around, often not willing to follow the rules that society/her family have imposed on her.

All the stories overlap/feed into eachother and they're so engaging! I want Book 2 of the trader stories and book 3 if I can find them!

I really shouldn't judge a book by its cover (except if it only has "Oooh! Squee! Loved it!" reviews on the back rather than an actual summary of the plot!) so I should try Wilfred really. I'll look out for it and give it a go.

I saw The Skin I Live In by Pedro Almodovar yesterday as a means to keep my Spanish alive and it's the first Almodovar film I've actually enjoyed and understood! Oh, and it wasn't too violent either, which is always good.

I was expecting to need to go and see Bridesmaids again to un-depress myself, but there was no need!

Antonio Banderas should only do Spanish-speaking roles as I find him so much more convincing in his native language!

The Penelope Cruz replacement is really pretty, she reminds me a little of Audrey Tautou.

I've made quite a dent in my paycheque by buying lots of DVDs that are on offer.
I've bought a mixture of classics (Harold & Maude, La Dolce Vita, As Good As It Gets, The Way We Were), Paris When It Sizzles, which stars the lovely and talented Audrey Hepburn, silly fluff (I Love You, Man-mainly for Paul Rudd, drool!), stuff that I missed when it came out (Mother & Child, The Truman Show which I've seen bits of on TV) and various others.

I must stop though as I'm running out of space on my shelves and I like to group similar movies together. I try to get rid of movies I haven't really enjoyed, don't think I'll watch again but it's one off the shelf and 5 more to squeeze on, so it doesn't really work! Oh well, there are worse things to be addicted to than books & DVDs!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Lying Game: Season 1, Episode 1

Didn't like it, too much, way too much. Not bad, has maybe some potential, some nice moments, but too much superficiality, cos Sutton (the rich twin) was adopted by a freaking rich family. Emma on the other comes from a poor neighbour'hood, got molested by her jerk stepbrother, her fostermom only has her for the money I guess, she gets kicked out, calls her sister with who she was in contact for some months (hope we ever get to know how they discovered each other) via web cam, that was cool. After some minutes they switched lives, cos Sutton wanted to take the opportunity to search for her real parents - in L.A. She's from Phoenix, don't ask me, absolutely no idea where is where and how far away it is, maybe a kind person could give me some idea. They switch, that was nice to see how Emma had to pretend she's Sutton (how common is that name? Same question for Bay?), rehearsed some of these superficial-rich-poser talk and gestures, but was behaving really nice, compared to how not really arrogant but something close to that Sutton was behaving a noticeble difference. But there was too much high society stuff going on, rich girlfriends with expensive cloths, a party on that style, too much music, modern pop music. Then the thing with the boyfriend and the other guy she was having contact with via skype. This show has a short opening sequence, with some bikini women floating around on a pool - what the hell? There are some things that feel too forced, both girls are tennis pros, can every woman walk with high heels or walk the walk if you are from the hood? How could Emma afford a driver's licene when she was living with her evil stepmom and her jerk stepbrother? You can argue that those things don't matter, but I think a good show doesn't raise so many questions. To cut it short, the world of Sutton is the world of the rich and beautiful, it's horrible to watch. I don't know, it was the pilot, so I expect the show to show us more, so far this show is targeted to a young, mostly female audience, and that's not me. There were no interesting or likable characters besides Emma/Sutton, I hope we get to see more of Sutton's search for her parents, okay, this guy she met somewhere is nice, and the parents are not bad and her 10 month younger stepsister could also be a decent character, but so far there is a lot missing.

If you think this so-called review sucks or is superficial itself, I give a damn. If you think the writing is horrible, I tell you I can't write any better in English. If you have further questions please ask, I'll watch 2 more episodes anyway, I won't kill it after a at best average episode.

Quote:
Very hard to believe...and hopefully never to happen again!
True! Instead some other lovely things are happening in the rest of the world...

Quote:
It is the abbreviation for "Edited To Add". I put that there when I add something extra...after posting.
Thanks. I read it like twice from you, I looked it up on google, but couldn't really find something.

Quote:
I must stop though as I'm running out of space on my shelves and I like to group similar movies together. I try to get rid of movies I haven't really enjoyed, don't think I'll watch again but it's one off the shelf and 5 more to squeeze on, so it doesn't really work! Oh well, there are worse things to be addicted to than books & DVDs!
Haha, you're not the only dvd addict, me too, I got like 30 movies and 8 seasons I have to watch and when I have finished them I can buy the next seasons, a lot on my list and I also like buying offers. I have no space in my dvd shelf atm, I'll have to assemble the dvd shelf I bought some weeks ago next days to store all the dvds. I got almost 300 dvds (120 tv shows). You're right, I tv shows and movies too (though it seems that I don't really like movies, cos I watch like one movie for 10 tv episodes or even 20:1), you never can have enough. It really sucks, if you buy a dvd for like 5 € or so you take some interesting movies, but I got a bunch of movies that weren't that good, I can get rid of them, but don't really get a lot of money back. I tell you one shocking thing: I got like let's say 110 dvd movies I watched, and I've watched almost all just once from dvd, I've never ever find the time to rewatch them, cos I have to watch the new bought dvds first. Now I wanted to watch a movie, but I found some other movie in the living room (my sister's) and now I'll watch that. Truman Show is a fantastic movie, it has a great message, it's in my dvd collection as well.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-21-2011 at 12:53 PM
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've got about 300 DVDs, not including TV shows (I have about 12 of those, 3 or 4 of which are still airing/have Seasons I have yet to buy).

I have a lot of classic/old movies that I really should watch so I can say I've seen them/be able to comment on the iconic scenes.

Then there are the films that I really want to see that I miss or that don't make it a convieniently-placed cinema.

Lastly there are the movies I've seen at the cinema and loved, though if I need to make up the numbers on a DVD deal, I'll get ones I liked well enough, as I like to lend them to people and they're often impressed that I have such a vast selection!

Unlike you, Matt, I'm a big fan of chick flicks/room coms and have a large collection of them.

Do you have any favourite actors/actresses whose movies you always see/buy, Matt?
I'm a big fan of Drew Barrymore's and tend to buy any movie she's in and I do love Johnny Depp, though I don't go and see all of his movies, but I think he's very talented and always transforms himself for every part he takes, sometimes to the point of being unrecognisable!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I've got about 300 DVDs, not including TV shows (I have about 12 of those, 3 or 4 of which are still airing/have Seasons I have yet to buy).
That's really a lot, my list of movies I want to see is too long.

Quote:
I have a lot of classic/old movies that I really should watch so I can say I've seen them/be able to comment on the iconic scenes.
I envy you. I like my collection, I'm proud of it, though there are movies in there that make you frown, but I almost don't have any old movies, for me old is the 80s and everything before is like ancient, cos I usually watch movies from the 00s and 90s, but almost nothing before, cos it's a risk to watch them, those movies are different, they are slower than today's movies, there are not really actors I know, I really like to watch more.

Quote:
Unlike you, Matt, I'm a big fan of chick flicks/room coms and have a large collection of them.
Argh, you seem to read everything I say, I knew that would backfire. I'm a boy, so I have the right to not like those movies (some are nice, but too many bore me or are just the same as every RomCom or chick flick).

Quote:
Do you have any favourite actors/actresses whose movies you always see/buy, Matt?
I'm a big fan of Drew Barrymore's and tend to buy any movie she's in and I do love Johnny Depp, though I don't go and see all of his movies, but I think he's very talented and always transforms himself for every part he takes, sometimes to the point of being unrecognisable!
Emily VanCamp. Natalie Portman is always a reason to buy, Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Coen Brothers, Johnny Depp is a reason to buy movies. There are a couple of actors, it's not that easy, it depends on what the story is about, usually I don't buy movies of a certain actress (for Emily I buy everything), but it of course helps if a certain actor I like is in it. But that's for the BUYING part, of course there are a lot of actors/actresses I like to watch, or better said are reasons when I read their names that I automatically read through the plot and check if it's a movie that I'm interested in. Of course not every movie is something I like, but those are the ones I think have done some really good movies I liked. Hope that's not too complicated.

Of course those mentioned above, and Christian Bale, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Russell Crowe, Julianne Moore, Julie Gonzalo, Ashley Judd, Dakota Fanning, Tom Cruise (no matter what crazy stuff he does behind the screen), Ellen Page (have to see MORE), Hilary Duff, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Williams. I've got like an infinite list of movies I have to check out, it's 100x times longer than the waiting list for television. I hope I get like a thousand years old to watch all I want to watch.

If you like to check out my list, you can do so here. You will see that I own a lot of different movies, I think they are not so much about specific actors, if you can spot any pattern please let me know. Beware, it's not the average list of random movies, of course there are some ones I bought cheap, but most of them are at least okay, not many that I don't like.

IMDb: Movies I own on dvd - a list by BlackholeTraveller
Old 08-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Argh, you seem to read everything I say, I knew that would backfire
Hmmmmmmm...unless my eyes were deceiving me...didn't you say that you are glad when people read what you say?

Quote:
I'm one of the nerdy people who likes to read the book before I see the film, so then I can criticise it properly ("Oh no, why did they cast X/Y? They look nothing like I pictured in my head & how the book describes them!"; "Why on earth did they leave out that scene?" etc...). From what I've heard the adaptation of The Help is pretty faithful, so I'll probably like it.
Not nerdy at all! Most people feel that way...including me. It doesn't make sense to see the movie....and then read the book. That's why I got the book this week and finished it as soon as possible so that I can see the movie that's already showing in my local theater.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm...unless my eyes were deceiving me...didn't you say that you are glad when people read what you say?
I was just kidding. It was just that I said I don't like chick-flicks and Louisa comes and tells me she has a large collection, that feels like she did it on purpose to make fun of me. At least I know that you are reading all my stuff.

Quote:
Not nerdy at all! Most people feel that way...including me. It doesn't make sense to see the movie....and then read the book. That's why I got the book this week and finished it as soon as possible so that I can see the movie that's already showing in my local theater.
Hm. I wouldn't dare to say that it's a bad thing, not at all, I just want to know if that doesn't take away a lot of fun of the movie? Because it's very easy to find something to critise, "oh my god, how could they chose this actor" or "waaaah, they forgot this and that and cut this and left this out and changed this and so on", what would you say, if we say books vs. movies, is it like 75 to 25 %, how many movies are better, how many are worse? Just curious.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread