Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
For any Josh Charles and/or Lisa Edelstein fans on this board, prepare to be jealous as I met them both today. Lovely people.
Yes, Lisa Edelstein is lovely. I was her Fourth grade teacher.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

That's so neat, Betty!

Pic:

I made my icon.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, Lisa Edelstein is lovely. I was her Fourth grade teacher.
No way??? That's so cool!! Now you'll have to give us some inside scoop on her!

Congrats, Gaby! Looks and sounds like a blast.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful shot, Gaby.

Quote:
No way??? That's so cool!! Now you'll have to give us some inside scoop on her!
Inside scoop? Lisa was a beautiful little girl...long thick black hair. She was very dramatic even at this young age...her oral presentations were terrific! And she was very smart. I really enjoyed her.

Lisa's Dad was a very popular Pediatrician in my town.

Quote:
Her father, Alvin Edelstein, was a pediatrician.

BFA in Drama - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1988).

Lisa was raised in Wayne, NJ. She graduated from Wayne Valley High School, class of 1984.
That's the high school my kids attended.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, Betty, that's so exciting to hear, can't imagine something like that happening where I live.

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 11

“When did the kids become our bosses?” That happens when parents put their children first. If not, erm, not so good. “I tell you what we are doing: We’re taking back the house.” Why were the kids upset when their parents pulled them away from the big tv? Since there were definitely 3 tvs in one episode, I’m not convinced they only got one. I really how Axl came with “The Giving Tree”, that was something Landry used in FNL, wen talking to Tyra. It was an interesting topic, on one side parents have to take care of the children, but on the other they shouldn’t let them boss them around. “When the lion brings back zebra, everybody eats zebra.” Then Axl had the glorious idea to pretend to like the new situation – 10 seconds of a reality show with Frankie and he was out. I liked how Brick discovered the internet, no there are no singles in his neighbourhood dying to meet him. And he likes Scarlett Johnasson more than Ashley Tisdale. Later Frankie and Mike realized that “taking back our lives” was not for every parents, but they could convince the other 2 couples for this night. Actions have consequences, if the parents don’t care, then they **** up their kids lives eventually. Funny scene when Frankie felt guilty about Sue not having a certain umbrella and drove to the school to give her one, but didn’t want let Mike know about that she caved in – but he appeared at the school too. Within some weeks everything went back to normal. A really beautiful episode, modern comedy is not so much about making you laugh the whole time, it’s about making you feel good. This show does.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Nope prior to Chuck she had never even acted inside the United States. She was in a couple Australian soaps(They are on YoutuBe if your bored and want to watch...on the Chuck board we did and wow her character is psycho LMAO ooo Yvonne) ANyway yeah the story of Yvonne goes like this:

Went from highschool to a drama degree at Uni then acted in some commercials and a couple tv shows there nothing huge. One day she decided to throw down some auditions on a Quicktime file for the upcoming pilot season in America...one of those was the CHUCKaudition. She then flew to the US planning on only being here for a month or two during pilot season just auditioning and seeing what it was like not really thinking she would get something on her first try. HA boy was she surprised when the creators of CHUCK met her at the airport and brought her in for another audition.....and the rest well its history. As she put it she went from a tomboy who had never had a manicure and couldn't walk in heels to someone who can now do 5 hour long fight scenes in 6inch stilettos. Haha she is still a tomboy though when she doesn't have to be all prettyed up for an event.

And here is some of what I said above in video form including the infamous Quicktime file audition tape. Its from the Season 1 DVDs BUY IT!:

So yeah the girl is on the rise huge Tv show right off the bat and now has been in "I Love You Too"(Australian Film REALLY REALLY GOOD came out while I was there last summer huge hit), The Canyon(Independent American Film, actually for a low budget film I really enjoyed it), The Killer Elite(Her first big blockbuster film with Jason Stratam and Robert Deniro comes out late September this year so not too long!), and Guilt Trip( Another blockbuster movie set to come out next year with Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand).....Yeah as you can see she is becoming quite the A-lister so happy we caught her first and watched her grow into this mega star on Chuck.

Haha and no Im not a stalker but If you know you actually posted on the Chuck board and had been around since the beginning you would have learned these things along the way too! *ooooooo burn* Point for Shelby!
You always find a way, don't you? LOL.

Wow, I didn't know the story until now. That is incredible how she expected to come here for 1-2 months then gets the part of Sarah in ONE WEEK. CF and JS are so right on about how Yvonne was Sarah and hardly any other actress could pull it off. The only one I can think of would be Evangeline Lilly which is why both Yvonne and Evangeline are so special given their acting chops and athleticism.

But yes, the part was MADE for Yvonne. It shows you how meant to be things can be sometimes. I mean, do you think it's a coincidence this sexy, athletic beautiful Australian just decided out of the blue to come here at the exact same time Chuck was getting started? No way. This was all mean to be and fated big time. She was always playing this part, playing it to perfection at that.

I totally agree with CF that ZL is handsome but looks ordinary around Yvonne and his comment about looking like a burn victim around her is about as good as it gets.

She absolutely nailed this part and has so much on her plate after Chuck. I cannot wait to follow all her work! I just love her.

Quote:
Yeah there are scenes in last season where Chuck says something about Sarah's personal history and your like WTF when did she tell him that and why didn't we get to see that.....I hope we get some of that this season.
I love that, though. I love when creators do not dumb down to the audience. When there's a smart and respected audience, you can show things "off screen" and it works brilliantly. This is how Evewrood was with Ephram/Amy. So much went on "off screen" and it could happen because the writing was slick, the story was solid, the couple and their story was believable so it worked. Same with Chuck and Chuck/Sarah.

Quote:
OOOO and another nitpicky wish scene is something about her real name "Sam" that she told Shaw. Still one of the most controversial scenes in Chuck history I can still remember the INSANE response that episode got. Not one of the series brighter moments and the writers have admitted as such and I think maybe thats why they have avoided getting into it. HOWEVER for me its weird that never again has that been mentioned....I mean it was never even acknowledged that Chuck heard it. Yeah she knew he did when he called her Sam when "beating up Shaw" for show of course...but they have never had a talk about it, well atleast on camera. I just want one scene about that please just one scene for some closure for that ugly situation something tells me Chuck could use some closure from that as well....well both of them could really.
Above I just credited the writing, LOL, but could that have been convenient writing where they inserted that in there to fit the Shaw storyline or was it deliberate and will be revisited? Yes, I totally remember that scene. That was very weird. I hope they follow up on that and didn't forget. If they explore Sarah's backstory in the last season, they would have to scan a lot of that time period since Chuck/Sarah were really heating up at that point and some Sarah stuff (although not enough) was slightly being focused on.

Sarah's backstory... we better get it!

Quote:
One of the big things I hope for is to see the Sarah/Ellie dynamic evolve more....it really pushed into a real friendship last season more so than Ellie just being Chucks sister. Remember when Ellie and Sarah had that convo about just the two of them talking about Sarahs past if she ever needed it? No Chuck just them. I loved that scene it was a big step forward in their growth as a real strong friendship....Sarah needs that.
Totally and the thing is... they are very opposite in many ways but sometimes the best of friendships form in that way. Just like romance, opposites can attract in deeply emotionally connected friendships. They are definitely opposite but where they are similar is huge too... they are both very strong women, huge intellectuals, and that bonds them together as well.

Quote:
I really want a situation this season where maybe Sarah really has a messed up past with her mom and family and so she is kinda embarrased to share it with Chuck at first...maybe afraid of what he will think.(Yes we all know he wouldnt have a problem with it, but despite Sarahs strong outside appearance the girl is highly insecure when it comes to her past) Sooo instead she goes to Ellie first....and then eventually Chuck too of course but idk I think a scenario like this would be great tv and growth for all characters involved.
Totally. The only thing I'm scared of his Chuck getting mad she goes to Ellie first. LOL. I hope he's cute and concerned but is a bit relaxed that maybe she could go to Ellie for things first and even primarily because she desperately needs this. Carina is a long distance friendship if even beautiful. Sarah needs a female friend who is close by that she can rely on. I think Ellie and Sarah have the potential to be great sister-in-laws because of their love for Chuck, AND close friends, not because of Chuck but because they really do like each other and want a closeness together.

Quote:
Haha oooookay fair enough but what do I get when your wrong?
Hmm, you pick?

Quote:
Hmm I think with a lot of shows I kinda love the open ended ending you know? Ones that give you something to think about. HOWEVER with Chuck we have been through such an amazing journey with tons of twists and turns that I really just want the final season to wrap it all up. The perfect ending for me would be complete full circle transformations for all the characters...there are no loose ends, no confusing plot lines left unsolved, no character histories undiscovered(Sarah!) I want to watch the series finale and just smile at the end because it ended the way it should. You remember 4x13? That episode right there was a near perfect series finale, and I think it was made to be one but CHUCK just never dies and here we are still CHUCKing along.(Pun intended ) It was so great it had all the characters, the storylines were wrapped, and it ended with who is the heart of the show, Chuck down on one knee proposing to Sarah. Only thing missing was more about Sarah's past because I dont want to walk away thinking man I wish I knew this or that.

Another good guideline for the Chuck series finale for me would be the Friday Night Lights finale. It wrapped everyones stories up but left the viewers with a since of where they would be and what they would be doing 20 years from now.
Oh, absolutely. A FNL finale would be perfect.

You are right... 4X13 was near perfect outside of Sarah's backstory. I think we can use that as a guide and prediction that the series finale will be very close to that, but with much more storyline before then, such as hopefully Sarah's backstory.

Do you see a scenario where we find out Sarah's pregnant? Would you want to see that take place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
So, I miss a few days and a massive Chuck discussion breaks out. I see how it is. I'll have to go back and read through this.
Ah huh, are you still reading? Get to it, mister! Join in and analyze with us!

Last edited by jediwands; 09-01-2011 at 04:52 PM
Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wow, Betty, that's so exciting to hear, can't imagine something like that happening where I live.
You never know, Matt. I'm sure there must be some Austrian actresses who grew up in your area....and someone had to be their teacher.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 6

The mystery of the week was okay, again a woman that had a disease and tried to help herself with experiments, but this horrible scientist (played by an extra evil Chris Eigeman - Jason Styles from Gilmore Girls) turned her into a human bomb. There were some good moments, all in all it was just the usual story for the week, I'm not a fan of that. But at least I like Olivia now, 2 good scenes, one when she told Peter about her abusive stepfather and two when she told Broyles that she is emotional, that she needs that as a motivation to do the job, to work for the victims. Well done. Hope I like the show better, 6 of 20 episodes, there are not a lot left .

The Lying Game: Season 1, Episode 3

I wrote something to that, I'll post it next time, don't have internet at home ATM. It was average, not bad, not good, some nice stuff. Maybe I'll watch this show later, but for now, I'll stop and see how the ratings are and what the critics say in 7 weeks (or 6 weeks, I think next episode is on Monday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You never know, Matt. I'm sure there must be some Austrian actresses who grew up in your area....and someone had to be their teacher.
That might be possible, but since I'm not in school anymore and don't watch any German or Austrian shows, even if there was one, I would't recognize her.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

I watched One Day today, even though I haven't finished reading the book.
Jim Sturges is very cute, even in bad 80's & 90's clothes (a stripy sweater in particular) & long hair, which I normally don't like.

Anne Hathaway is gorgeous too, and I thought she did OK with the British accent. I could just about believe that her Yorkshire accent had been diminished by her years at University and then in London, but it occasionally came out in moments of amusement/frustration.

The music was beautiful, especially the recurring instrumental piece that had great emotional pull. I couldn't find the soundtrack to buy in the shops after seeing the film, so I'm going to wait a bit & see if it comes out by Monday, when I'm going back to the mall & cinema, or I'll have to turn to the ever-reliable & cheaper play.com.

I managed to resist the urge to purchase the Glee 3-D movie soundtrack as I already have all the songs on it! I've seen the trailer for the movie though & I'm now convinced I have to go and see it, even though I've heard it's not all that great!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Chuck

Quote:
OOOO and another nitpicky wish scene is something about her real name "Sam" that she told Shaw. Still one of the most controversial scenes in Chuck history I can still remember the INSANE response that episode got. Not one of the series brighter moments and the writers have admitted as such and I think maybe thats why they have avoided getting into it. HOWEVER for me its weird that never again has that been mentioned....I mean it was never even acknowledged that Chuck heard it. Yeah she knew he did when he called her Sam when "beating up Shaw" for show of course...but they have never had a talk about it, well atleast on camera. I just want one scene about that please just one scene for some closure for that ugly situation something tells me Chuck could use some closure from that as well....well both of them could really.
Ah yes. My least favorite scene in the history of the series. I try not to think about or talk about that scene too much, because I can feel the anger bubbling up even now when I think about it. I'll be more diplomatic than usual and just say that it was a major misstep on the writers parts, and if they've acknowledged that, then I'm glad to hear it, because the writers usually won't admit they've made mistakes with a gun to their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Above I just credited the writing, LOL, but could that have been convenient writing where they inserted that in there to fit the Shaw storyline or was it deliberate and will be revisited? Yes, I totally remember that scene. That was very weird. I hope they follow up on that and didn't forget. If they explore Sarah's backstory in the last season, they would have to scan a lot of that time period since Chuck/Sarah were really heating up at that point and some Sarah stuff (although not enough) was slightly being focused on.
Convenient writing is the nice way to put it. I hope they follow up on that epic stupidity too, but I'm not too confident that they will. The whole 'Morgan as intersect' development from the season 4 finale really made me worry about this season as a whole. I can't believe that they thought such a stupid move would be a good idea, especially knowing that that could have been the series finale, and that an upcoming season would be the last. Hopefully they'll dispense with that stupidity in the first episode, and focus the remaining episodes on developing Sarah's backstory more. As much as I love seeing her dad, I know she's got to have more family lurking out there somewhere.

As for Carina being her sister...part of me would be okay with that, but part of me wouldn't. As it is, I love that Carina is someone who she connected with enough to call a friend pre-Chuck. Sure they screwed each other over and competed and all that, but it wasn't done with malice. I guess that Carina being her sister wouldn't undercut that if neither of them new that was the case, but I don't know that I'm confident enough in the writers to not screw something like that up.

Quote:
Totally. The only thing I'm scared of his Chuck getting mad she goes to Ellie first. LOL. I hope he's cute and concerned but is a bit relaxed that maybe she could go to Ellie for things first and even primarily because she desperately needs this. Carina is a long distance friendship if even beautiful. Sarah needs a female friend who is close by that she can rely on. I think Ellie and Sarah have the potential to be great sister-in-laws because of their love for Chuck, AND close friends, not because of Chuck but because they really do like each other and want a closeness together.
Well, that's a distinct possibility. Chuck's not the most mature person when it comes to relationships. Hopefully he'll progress past that what with his marriage and all, but time will tell.

As for Sarah and Ellie, I think that a friendship between them would be an awesome development. Now that all the secret agent stuff is out in the open, they could become good friends without all the secrecy hanging over their heads. As much as I like Sarah and Carina's interactions, they aren't the type of friends who are confidants to one another, and I think that Ellie could very much represent that for Sarah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
The perfect ending for me would be complete full circle transformations for all the characters...there are no loose ends, no confusing plot lines left unsolved, no character histories undiscovered(Sarah!) I want to watch the series finale and just smile at the end because it ended the way it should. You remember 4x13? That episode right there was a near perfect series finale, and I think it was made to be one but CHUCK just never dies and here we are still CHUCKing along.(Pun intended ) It was so great it had all the characters, the storylines were wrapped, and it ended with who is the heart of the show, Chuck down on one knee proposing to Sarah. Only thing missing was more about Sarah's past because I dont want to walk away thinking man I wish I knew this or that.

Another good guideline for the Chuck series finale for me would be the Friday Night Lights finale. It wrapped everyones stories up but left the viewers with a since of where they would be and what they would be doing 20 years from now.
First off, let me echo the sentiment that the series finale of FNL would be a great blueprint for Chuck. If the Chuck finale is half as satisfying as the FNL one was, then I'll be ecstatic. My biggest trepidation is the way that they've handled previous possible finales, because they've left them pretty open ended and semi-cliffhangery. Season 2 we got the intersect upgrading to kung-fu mode. Season 3 we got Chuck quitting the CIA and the Buy More exploding, and season 4 we got *shudder* Morgan apparently becoming a new Intersect while completely disregarding and obliterating 4 seasons of buildup about how Chuck was special. Of course, I guess they de-specialed Chuck earlier than that when Ellie's work on the laptop led to Casey leading a team of intersects, but I digress...

Quote:
Do you see a scenario where we find out Sarah's pregnant? Would you want to see that take place?
Ugh. No. I wouldn't want to see that take place at all, not even in the finale. If they did include it, then I'd want them to do it Alias style, where they fast forward into the future and show the kid already well into adolescence. I have no desire to see the kick-ass agent we know turned into preggo-spy extraordinaire. Besides, didn't Spy Kids 4 just do that?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

I forgot to mention the horror I witnessed when out shopping the other day, which is a novel adaptation of Tim Burton's recent Alice in Wonderland which was actually based on a brilliant book!
People who buy it might not actually realise that there's a proper original novel out there which makes me very sad & angry (sangry?).
Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'll try to post everything I have watch, but didn't write. Sorry, it will be a very long post. I apologize for some spelling mistakes, I'm not at home, laptop writing isn't my thing.

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 12

“Axl, your backpack is crying.” “What do babies have to do with sex?” – “They ruin it.” So true. Axl has to take care of a baby doll for school. It’s a good training, if more children had had such an annoying doll, they hadn’t put babies on this earth. LOL, when Frankie found out that she had paid 200 $ for an anti-aging crème. But it made sense, Frankie paid with the credit card and thought it was only 20 bucks. Axl DEF shouldn’t ever have children. Because he can’t even take care of himself. There should be a frikking law for that. Axl: “When do kids come less annoying?” – Mike: “I’ll you know.” Mike was a bit angry, 200 $ for a middle-class family is a lot of money. LOL, Frankie had to take another job, in something like an 18th century museum, where he played a woman from that age. “We’re not rich enough to get a divorce. So we’re gonna have to have a fight.” HILARIOUS when Axl not only put the baby close to the microwave and the voice got a bit weird, but then beheaded the doll. And then the baby only had the body left. I want a law that says, in every single show has to be at least one person like Axl. He’s hilarious, the prototype of the disinterested, angry, lazy teenager of today. “I’m rocking the torso. Please just rock the head.” That’s epic, have you ever heard such a dialogue? The thing with the hole in the wall was not so good, Sue and Brick accidentally put a hole in the wall and made it worse by dropping an egg in the wall and then made more holes and so on and on and on. The great thing about this episode was, that Mike in the end told Frankie, that he wasn’t angry at her but angry that 200 $ mean such trouble for them. “Who the hell do we make it through?” – “A lot of tv and denial.” Good and funny episode. I’m halfway through, can’t wait to see season 3 (or I can wait, there are def other comedies I want to watch).

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 13

“If you can talk sports, you can talk with any guy in the world.” Interesting. You guys have to see this Brad guy, he’s gay, you know that after 10 seconds. I honestly wonder if nobody is offended by this character. “Hey, look at you, square dancing with the garage door open, so the neighbours can see.” Sue sucked at dancing, does she not suck at anthing? She did well at the dance, but her dancing was embarrassing. I really how Mike got Brick into reading some sports article and finally he could talk with his son or at least was interested in what he was saying. It was obvious, that the friends wouldn’t like a small boy talking facts like during the whole game. Frankie had to go to a seminar with her boss, her colleagues jealous, she wondering if she was more of a manager than a sales person. But there was no such things, just the conoscopy of the boss – and Frankie had to drive him back home. Poor Frankie, she always has to be the slave for everybody. But we got a happy end for all stories, that’s the important thing. Nice episode.

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 6

Still not good, but at least something like average. The case was the same as we saw a couple of times before, a woman had a disease and made some experiments to become healed. Chris Eigeman from The Gilmore Girls (Jason Styles) played the evil and heartless scientist, he did a great job at being evil. At least the mystery of the week had some nice moments and was not something to laugh about or boring. It was okay. I liked the 2 Olivia moments, first when she told Peter about her abusive stepdad, whom he had almost shot but couldn't in the end and when she told Broyles, who got a bit angry because she went solo to talk to today's villain, and that was not okay, she told him that she is an emotional woman and she needs that for motivation, to work for the victims. Well done. And Peter got the location where the woman was held hostage from Nina Sharp (Massive Dynamic) who got a future favor from him in return, that will be interesting, it's the same with the Observer, when he saved the Bishops and Walter helped him some episodes ago. And Nina Sharp knows both Bishops from some years ago. Great character, I can't wait to find out what she's planning.

Wilfred: Season 1, Episode 12

One more episode to go. This one was not the best, but it was nice to watch. Ryan met a girl on the beach and had to decide between taking a holiday with her or being there for his neighbour Jenna, who asked him for help constantly. Ryan decided to do the "right" thing in the end, after Jenna got fired from her job, he was there for her. That's nice of him, but he has to start to think for himself to, Jenna has a boyfriend, why does he have to help her all the time? I hope season 2 gives us the "bad" Ryan who doesn't do everything right.

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 9

Good episode, 3 long monologes. AWESOME how Walter drove to Gustavo and told him that he knows about his plan. That was great, wow, it wasn't hard to figure out in the end (and the audience did last episode), but still it was brave of him to go and tell him right to the face, that he knows, that he knows that he was responsible for almost killing Hank (but saving Walter's life) and that he would have done it the same way if he was the drug boss. Then there was this funny scene when Marie was sad angry about Hank, because her husband had to go to therapy. Then Skyler told her (and Walt sitting next to her) the almost true story about Walt, who had won a lot of money gambling, in back room poker tournamens. Wow, what a great lie, that was so funny. And this was interesting: „Something tells me Hank is here because of you. And I’m not forgetting that.“ But if Walt gives Marie money for Hank she won't say anything. And then we had Jesse with a monolog, he talked in his therapy group about how he liked working with wood in shop class at school. That was nice. Still he will sell drugs on his own, drugs he steals when they are cooking. A really hard to take scene was, when Badger and Skinny Pete (his two buddies) went to this therapy group and talked about the new blue super drug, one saying it was horrible and the other saying like what the drug did, they advertised the drugs in front of former addicts, that was of course funny, but also hard to take. A really good episode.

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 10

Strange episode. Season 3 is great, but this episode was close to average. It was not bad at all, it had some funny moments, it was surreal, but later it got boring and was not so much fun to watch anymore. This episode was about a fly that got into the safe cooking lab and Walter got scared and wanted to kill that thing - no more cooking until he did. So almost the whole episode was about killing the damn fly and Jesse couldn't really understand. Not much intersting stuff, Walt almost admitted the Jane thing, he asked Jesse if he had stolen drugs, Jesse said no, stupid boy. I hope the next 3 episodes are awesome again, I think there is a lot left. And I have to say: Give me another show, that is able to put 2 men into a basement lab for 40 minutes and it's still a let's say okay and partially good episode? I couldn't name another. Breaking Bad can!

Season 1, Episode 3

The third episode, I’m not convinced, let’s see how it goes, maybe, maybe not. It’s not a bad show, but it’s also not good. At least you can’t argue with the episodes, there is a lot happening, it’s not boring. Ethan is nice, Sutton’s sister too. And since I didn’t say it or better didn’t want to say it: I have difficulties with the lead actress, I don’t know, she appears like more the model than the actress, don’t know. “He’s perfect for me. So Ken to my Barbie.” Rewind selecta. Japp, she really did say that. This sister had a horribly bad written storyline. Shar accidentally met a hot guy (the usual stuff), asked Sutton to find him, but he was the new student at school anyway, but Sutton’s girlfriends met him first and she was sad, cos she couldn’t do anything against that. What idiotic plot is that, it’s so bad, it actually hurts. And the actor who played Justin was not good. One positive thing: The real Sutton met her mom! Thanks to that guy helping her. Wow, wouldn’t’ve thought that it would happen so fast! Hm, interesting, not the real mom, a woman got paid money to pretend she is the mother, so the 2 girls could get adopted, cos their bio mom was in bad shape. But Emma didn’t get to Beverley Hills but to Nevada. Mysterious. What’s with the father? Ethan had to come to dinner, of course pretending to like Emma aka Sutton. One thing that his brother thought Ethan had stolen the laptop cos it showed up in his room, but why would he have done that? If Sutton believes that, she’s stupid. And this one girl has an affair with her ballet teacher, but Adrian P. father is creepy and evil, had stolen the laptop, and now will find out. The ending was good, that creepy guy was observing Sutton with this guy and saw how she talked with Emma and Sutton showed her a picture of her mom.

Too much up and down, it was not bad, but too much mediocre stuff. Maybe I’ll watch that show some day, but not for now. It’s not bad but not really what I’m looking for in a show. If the ratings stay okay and I read that the show is getting better I’ll watch the rest.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 09-03-2011 at 09:19 AM
Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Against The Wall: Season 1, Episode 5

It’s over. You knew that would happen. But to be really honest, this episode was not bad at all. This show is not bad at all. I’ve stopped watching shows that were much more boring. It could’ve been better, it was too much focused on the cases, but this was actually interesting, cos Don was somehow involved. Not much, at least the Brody affair was revelead, Richie angry, but could forgive his sister. If US season wasn’t arriving soon, I’d maybe watch some more episodes, but so far there is a great storyline missing, it’s only week to week, not enough for me. Hope you guys have fun, maybe you could let me know how the remaining episodes were and how good or bad you think the first season was.

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 14

Mike: Valentine’s day = the greeting card company thing. It’s always the same. I how Frankie reacted when Axl asked her for help to buy a valentine’s present with him. Oh my god, what does his girlfriend look like? Does she even exist? I’m not sure. Maybe Axl was just practicing for a real date. It was creepy when they went on a dinner, for god’s sake, they are son and mom. Poor Mike, he had to help at school with the kids making valentine cards. Sue was searching for the boy she kissed at the church thing. Again not the best storyline, he was the new student at school, but didn’t recognize her. I was glad that it worked out until the end of the episode. Great how Mike not only had signed for several school meetings, told a woman that his son liked this girl and she told him and Brick was hurt and then he didn’t know the colour of Frankie’s eyes and even not what she was wearing ATM. And then Mike had to hear, how he took Frankie to “Reservoir Dogs” (what? With a date? ) and she hated it, but she had never told him that until now. “How did you ever land mom? You know nothing about women.” In the end Mike got banned from school (same as Frankie) for getting angry at the fighting and loud kids and telling them the truth about the Chinese writing those greeting cards and selling them to America. “You can’t show anyone who you really are until they’re stuck with you. That’s love.” Lessons for life. Funny episode.

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 7

Still average, standard mystery, at least Olivia flew to Germany, and spoke one German line. Beside that there was not much, 2 Walter jokes, the end with the talking corpse and the lines and the little hill codeword was simply too much

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 11-12

11 was nice to watch, the Jesse scenes were missing something, he met a girl, tried to hook her up with drugs, but hestitated when he met her son or brother, still not sure. Tragic story she told. I really liked Walter, he and Skyler met the "circus clown" lawyer Goodman, I laughed a lot cos Skyler was so confused, Goodman is a crazy guy. Episode 12 was better, almost great, just in the beginning a big slow. Hank goes home, Jesse screwed things up, wanted revenge, but got into trouble, cos he wanted to kill the wrong guys, dealers who worked or better were partners of Gustavo, whom he met later. Great scene. The cleaner is so cool and the end of the episode was just ROCK N ROLL, so great so ass-kicking, wow, hard to watch, really shocking, but in the end I had to LOL for a minute, so freaking EPIC! Can't wait to see the finale tomorrow. So I'm sad that it's over.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 09-04-2011 at 07:46 AM
Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 15

Great beginning, Brick was the only child of his social group who didn’t get to the next level. “Is childhood really that great?” Axl and his band mates asked the very hot biology teacher (where is this school? I want to have a teacher like that ) to maybe be part of their music video but they couldn’t go further cos she said something like “eye candy” and the momentum was gone. Hilarious, how they tricked her into the video without letting her know, the two guys played the guitars behind her back. Sue and her girlfriend tried to get into an r-rated movie, that’s that in America. I’ve never been asked to show my ID at the theatre, but I usually don’t watch adult movies there. They got in, nice. Reminded me of the Lizzie McGuire episode when the 3 tried to sneak into the cinema. Cool how Frankie searched a friend for Brick, she got into the car and drove around to find a boy. Sue was stupid enough to forget the tickets in her pockets so the parents found them – beginner’s mistake! Since Sue never had been puniched in her whole life, Mike hesitated. Sue stared crying and admitted everything and realized that she was wrong. Funny. And even better when she didn’t take one week grounding, she wanted more punishment. The music video was really funny and I liked how Frankie found out that Brick’s friend hadn’t been sick at all! Nice how Frankie followed his mom and crashed into her car. But when Brick found a new friend, she didn’t care anymore for that boy. Really good episode, 3 funny storylines, that’s how it should be.

Alias: Season 4, Episode 1

Medicore start into season 4, the mission was boring, the tempo was slow, there was almost nothing interesting happening besides Sydney working undercover for the CIA – with her father, Dixon, Vaughn and Sloane. I hope we get a lot more soon, I’m not a big fan of the show, but there are a lot of episodes I like, though there are a lot of more average episodes. Let’s hope for the best.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

I went to see Planet of The Apes with my friend as it's what she wanted to see & I was pleasantly surprised. I loved Will's relationship with his father & Caesar, thought the primates' treatment at the "refuge" was very sad, but unfortunately not uncommon.

Lots of little subtle nods to the novel, which I read bits of at school (and perhaps the previous films too?) with a chimp called Cornelia and I think there's also a Buck in there too.

Also Caesar being named after a Roman emperor was interesting.

I also liked that the apes didn't hurt to kill, for the most part, and they only attacked the humans who tried to capture/hurt them, but didn't attack anyone in the cable car they road on to get to the highest point of the city.

The time flew by and I thought it was beautifully done!

I'd like to give the book a try even though I remember hating it at the time, by default, as it was sci-fi, which I didn't do at the time. I missed out on so many books because of my prejudices. I've now discovered some of them that I think are brilliant (Fahrenheit 451° being one, which has such a scary premise-a world without books/reading is frightening to me, OK?).

I really want to see This Must Be The Place, as the plot sounds intriguing, even though the reviews have been critical & apparently there's some ancestor's Nazi backstory angst thing in it that is clichéd.

There are also another 3 or 4 movies coming out in the next two-three weeks that I really want to see (Restless& others) so I think I'll be buying another cinema card as soon as I can afford one.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread