Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

Quote:
Yep Sarah is my favorite character is television history because of her depth...and that says something considering at first glance we know nothing about her. But because of the acting by Yvonne you can just see behind what she says or doesnt say and know there is sooooo much more back there.
Oh yes. Sarah has been written to perfection and Yvonne has sold her massively on the screen.

Quote:
Well in the first couple of seasons they really acted like sisters and even in the beginning of season three when Carina came back and gave Sarah the flash drive of Chuck's ILY. But in S4 with the wedding and such idk I feel like if she was her sister it would have been revealed then. She may not be blood in the end but they are certainly sisters in the spy world if nothing else.
Which says something because Sarah can hardly get close to anyone! She is opening up more for sure like with Ellie but overall, Sarah is very particular about who she is close to. Look at how close she is to Casey yet she has trouble at times opening up to him even. There is something very natural and real about Sarah and Carina. It would be cool if maybe they were related. They probably aren't but there's a special dynamic there for sure.

Quote:
Yeah that be a big reach because remember Morgan came back the next morning and was like dude what happened to you....He would have been flat on his back too had he uploaded it.
That's true... unless the CIA got to him and did some damage control. Yes I know, I'm reaching.

Quote:
There was definately a bit of a teaser but I think that was because they assumed S4 was the end of the series. Thats the same reason Morgan got the intersect i dont think they honestly thought they would ever get into that on screen but here we are....It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
But why would there be a teaser there? For us to think maybe he was truly alive? If so, why go there? For intrigue? I think you're right... it was there for teasing fun but now we have another season so they very well could cash in on this. Or my Orion love hopes so.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 8

23 days until season 3 premiere, I’m on my way 16 episode left. Yes, yes, yes, I like when I get things done.

Brick didn’t want to go shopping with Frankie anymore, cos he couldn’t stay home alone he had to go to his aunts, but he preferred it over going shopping. Attaboy. I felt soooo sorry for Mike, he had to drive Sue and two girlfriends somewhere and they screamed like girls do. “Please use your indoor screams.” And when he found out that there are boys with the girls in the threatre, he watched the movie from the back. That’s funny, of course, but it shows that Mike can be a really attentive dad if he wants. “I wouldn’t last 10 seconds as a girl”. That are the parts of the show that I really like too, when Mike heard the girls talking behind Sue’s back (unrealistic, cos why would they do that with Sue’s father sitting some rows behind them?), he realized how hard life was for a teenage girl. I think that’s an important topic – and he didn’t like how Frankie told him that he is powerless and can’t do anything to help Sue. Then Brick found out, that both Sue and Axl were allowed t stay home alone at 9 – and he is 9 now. Mike was awesome today, really, of course he didn’t say anything, but he went over to Shannon’s father and told him that his daughter didn’t invite Sue. WOW! That’s impressive, honestly, which dad would give a crap about such a unimportant thing? And even Mike new that Sue would find out about the party without her, he watched Eclipse with her, great father. Often it seems that Mike is like the normal don’t worry dad, but today he was great! AWESOME moment when both Brick and Frankie started laughing after they had a fight cos they left the windows open in the car wash. That are the moments! Beautiful episode!

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 6

Wonderful episode, how thrilling was it when Walt and Jesse were "hiding" or better trapped in the RV? WOW! Poor Hank, he almost caught them, but they were too clever for him, the fake call was so mean and now his days could be over? Great episode, season 3 is gettinger better every episode now that the marriage fight is over (only one scene today). Can't wait to see more.

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 3

Yes, a lot better than 2nd episode, still a lot missing, like a big storyline, but we got one with the pattern, hope there is more soon, more than another mystery of the week. Walter is a lot of fun, Broyles too, Olivia I liked better for the first time, Peter is nice, but has not much to do. The show has potential, hope they use it.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-29-2011 at 03:31 PM
Old 08-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Oh yes. Sarah has been written to perfection and Yvonne has sold her massively on the screen.
She really has made the character of Sarah because as we have talked about in the frist couple of seasons all we had to go off of was cues from Yvonne. Sarah's character was bland and one demensional without the way Yvonne played her.

Quote:
Which says something because Sarah can hardly get close to anyone! She is opening up more for sure like with Ellie but overall, Sarah is very particular about who she is close to. Look at how close she is to Casey yet she has trouble at times opening up to him even. There is something very natural and real about Sarah and Carina. It would be cool if maybe they were related. They probably aren't but there's a special dynamic there for sure.
Yeah I think it is safe to say she is as close with Chuck now as she has ever been in her life with anyone. Even though we don't get to see it(booo show writers!) it seems she has shared a lot of her past with Chuck....now I just ask that we get to see that on screen in the final season.

As for Carina I have always been a Carina/Sarah as sisters fan and really thought it might be the case in the early seasons...but idk last years wedding and all that kinda made me think otherwise. But I still hold hope!

Quote:
That's true... unless the CIA got to him and did some damage control. Yes I know, I'm reaching.
LOL yeah ummm not possible. If the show goes there well I will be even more disappointed than I was with the Morgan situation in the first place.

Quote:
But why would there be a teaser there? For us to think maybe he was truly alive? If so, why go there? For intrigue? I think you're right... it was there for teasing fun but now we have another season so they very well could cash in on this. Or my Orion love hopes so.
Well I think that as well as the Morgan thing was there for our imaginations to run wiith and give us something to kinda continue the series on in our own little way. Then they got an S5 and now we get to see what they are going to do with it.

Speaking of S4 how wrong is it that I havent watched the finale more than the one time I saw it live? Think that might be another sign its probably time for the series to end....just wasn't as big of a twist as I have come to expect from these writers. Having said that its still my favorite show out there and I can't wait to see how they wrap it up...from what I have heard this season has a lot of heart, sounds perfect to me.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I thoroughly responded to this, then FF went wonky. I copied it since I sensed it might not go through but then did some work and copied something else in its place!

Anyway, the shortened version:

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
She really has made the character of Sarah because as we have talked about in the frist couple of seasons all we had to go off of was cues from Yvonne. Sarah's character was bland and one demensional without the way Yvonne played her.
Prior to Chuck, did Yvonne have any heavy TV or movie roles or was Chuck her first real gig? She seems so naturally polished on the screen. I see a parallel between Emily and Yvonne. They are both naturals on the screen.. They 100% become the role to such a magnificent degree.

Quote:
Yeah I think it is safe to say she is as close with Chuck now as she has ever been in her life with anyone. Even though we don't get to see it(booo show writers!) it seems she has shared a lot of her past with Chuck....now I just ask that we get to see that on screen in the final season.
Me too.

Oh yes, we know she shares with Chuck because Chuck would never have it any other way! He would be making it his mission to get her to open up. She already does.

Quote:
As for Carina I have always been a Carina/Sarah as sisters fan and really thought it might be the case in the early seasons...but idk last years wedding and all that kinda made me think otherwise. But I still hold hope!
Look at Sarah and Ellie... they are evolving, becoming much closer, but of course there's Chuck in the middle so it's not exactly a relationship without strings and without HAVING to go there for the sake of Chuck... even if you do see they genuinely like each other. However, with Sarah and Carina you see how natural, real and deep it is. It's quite intriguing.

Quote:
LOL yeah ummm not possible. If the show goes there well I will be even more disappointed than I was with the Morgan situation in the first place.
You owe me a Rangers jersey if my insane theory turns out coming true.

Quote:
Well I think that as well as the Morgan thing was there for our imaginations to run wiith and give us something to kinda continue the series on in our own little way. Then they got an S5 and now we get to see what they are going to do with it.
Quote:
Speaking of S4 how wrong is it that I havent watched the finale more than the one time I saw it live? Think that might be another sign its probably time for the series to end....just wasn't as big of a twist as I have come to expect from these writers. Having said that its still my favorite show out there and I can't wait to see how they wrap it up...from what I have heard this season has a lot of heart, sounds perfect to me.
How would you like to see the series conclude? Do you want to see a more Everwood/Lost type of ending where things are very tied up and concluded for all the characters and storylines or would you rather see a twist or two that is risky and fun instead?

If you could come up with the PERFECT Chuck series finale how would you write it?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Breaking Bad: Season 3, Episode 7

Another strong, emotional episode and what an EPIC ending, HANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Prior to Chuck, did Yvonne have any heavy TV or movie roles or was Chuck her first real gig? She seems so naturally polished on the screen. I see a parallel between Emily and Yvonne. They are both naturals on the screen.. They 100% become the role to such a magnificent degree.
Nope prior to Chuck she had never even acted inside the United States. She was in a couple Australian soaps(They are on YoutuBe if your bored and want to watch...on the Chuck board we did and wow her character is psycho LMAO ooo Yvonne) ANyway yeah the story of Yvonne goes like this:

Went from highschool to a drama degree at Uni then acted in some commercials and a couple tv shows there nothing huge. One day she decided to throw down some auditions on a Quicktime file for the upcoming pilot season in America...one of those was the CHUCKaudition. She then flew to the US planning on only being here for a month or two during pilot season just auditioning and seeing what it was like not really thinking she would get something on her first try. HA boy was she surprised when the creators of CHUCK met her at the airport and brought her in for another audition.....and the rest well its history. As she put it she went from a tomboy who had never had a manicure and couldn't walk in heels to someone who can now do 5 hour long fight scenes in 6inch stilettos. Haha she is still a tomboy though when she doesn't have to be all prettyed up for an event.

And here is some of what I said above in video form including the infamous Quicktime file audition tape. Its from the Season 1 DVDs BUY IT!:

So yeah the girl is on the rise huge Tv show right off the bat and now has been in "I Love You Too"(Australian Film REALLY REALLY GOOD came out while I was there last summer huge hit), The Canyon(Independent American Film, actually for a low budget film I really enjoyed it), The Killer Elite(Her first big blockbuster film with Jason Stratam and Robert Deniro comes out late September this year so not too long!), and Guilt Trip( Another blockbuster movie set to come out next year with Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand).....Yeah as you can see she is becoming quite the A-lister so happy we caught her first and watched her grow into this mega star on Chuck.

Haha and no Im not a stalker but If you know you actually posted on the Chuck board and had been around since the beginning you would have learned these things along the way too! *ooooooo burn* Point for Shelby!

Quote:
Me too.

Oh yes, we know she shares with Chuck because Chuck would never have it any other way! He would be making it his mission to get her to open up. She already does.
Yeah there are scenes in last season where Chuck says something about Sarah's personal history and your like WTF when did she tell him that and why didn't we get to see that.....I hope we get some of that this season.

OOOO and another nitpicky wish scene is something about her real name "Sam" that she told Shaw. Still one of the most controversial scenes in Chuck history I can still remember the INSANE response that episode got. Not one of the series brighter moments and the writers have admitted as such and I think maybe thats why they have avoided getting into it. HOWEVER for me its weird that never again has that been mentioned....I mean it was never even acknowledged that Chuck heard it. Yeah she knew he did when he called her Sam when "beating up Shaw" for show of course...but they have never had a talk about it, well atleast on camera. I just want one scene about that please just one scene for some closure for that ugly situation something tells me Chuck could use some closure from that as well....well both of them could really.

Quote:
Look at Sarah and Ellie... they are evolving, becoming much closer, but of course there's Chuck in the middle so it's not exactly a relationship without strings and without HAVING to go there for the sake of Chuck... even if you do see they genuinely like each other. However, with Sarah and Carina you see how natural, real and deep it is. It's quite intriguing.
One of the big things I hope for is to see the Sarah/Ellie dynamic evolve more....it really pushed into a real friendship last season more so than Ellie just being Chucks sister. Remember when Ellie and Sarah had that convo about just the two of them talking about Sarahs past if she ever needed it? No Chuck just them. I loved that scene it was a big step forward in their growth as a real strong friendship....Sarah needs that.

I really want a situation this season where maybe Sarah really has a messed up past with her mom and family and so she is kinda embarrased to share it with Chuck at first...maybe afraid of what he will think.(Yes we all know he wouldnt have a problem with it, but despite Sarahs strong outside appearance the girl is highly insecure when it comes to her past) Sooo instead she goes to Ellie first....and then eventually Chuck too of course but idk I think a scenario like this would be great tv and growth for all characters involved.

Quote:
You owe me a Rangers jersey if my insane theory turns out coming true.
Haha oooookay fair enough but what do I get when your wrong?

Quote:
How would you like to see the series conclude? Do you want to see a more Everwood/Lost type of ending where things are very tied up and concluded for all the characters and storylines or would you rather see a twist or two that is risky and fun instead?

If you could come up with the PERFECT Chuck series finale how would you write it.
Hmm I think with a lot of shows I kinda love the open ended ending you know? Ones that give you something to think about. HOWEVER with Chuck we have been through such an amazing journey with tons of twists and turns that I really just want the final season to wrap it all up. The perfect ending for me would be complete full circle transformations for all the characters...there are no loose ends, no confusing plot lines left unsolved, no character histories undiscovered(Sarah!) I want to watch the series finale and just smile at the end because it ended the way it should. You remember 4x13? That episode right there was a near perfect series finale, and I think it was made to be one but CHUCK just never dies and here we are still CHUCKing along.(Pun intended ) It was so great it had all the characters, the storylines were wrapped, and it ended with who is the heart of the show, Chuck down on one knee proposing to Sarah. Only thing missing was more about Sarah's past because I dont want to walk away thinking man I wish I knew this or that.

Another good guideline for the Chuck series finale for me would be the Friday Night Lights finale. It wrapped everyones stories up but left the viewers with a since of where they would be and what they would be doing 20 years from now.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 4

Stil not good, at least it's on a watchable level. I liked the scenes of the observer, Walter and Broyles, and also Olivia I like more, Peter had not much to do, now he got a promotion, he will stay, I hope his character gets more interesting. The myster of the week was thin, luckily the observer was here to save the day. Nice cliffhanger, let's see what the next episode brings. Still a lot missing, hope they don't wait forever.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

So, I miss a few days and a massive Chuck discussion breaks out. I see how it is. I'll have to go back and read through this.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Alan , we are having withdrawals these things happen.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Luckily I've filled my summer with all sorts of tv shows, ranging from good to mediocre to help fill the void. Plus, I made my sister watch the first 3 seasons of Chuck, and I watched a few of them with her, so that helped too.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Yes I havent really been feeling it until this past week or so its weird not having Mondays be Chuck days.....and they never will be again since we are on Fridays now.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Yes I havent really been feeling it until this past week or so its weird not having Mondays be Chuck days.....and they never will be again since we are on Fridays now.
Oh....then it won't interfere with Dancing With The Stars!!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Oh....then it won't interfere with Dancing With The Stars!!
Haha yes! I meant to tell you that on Sports but I got sidetracked.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 2, Episode 10

Christmas. Frankie’s partents are coming, Mike didn’t know, cos his wife told him between a football game. And they are staying for almost 2 weeks. 12 days – poor Mike. Were not the greatest storylines, but they interesting to watch, Mike tried to escape his non-stop-talking father in-law, Axl built an iglu for Brick and the parents decided that they all would give personl gifts this year. A simple Christmas – until the grandparents put a bunch of big gifts under the tree. It was a long discussion scene between mom and Frankie, a bit too long. But: “Nobody what gets said, we love each other.” Beautiful ending, it was not the best episode, for a Christmas episode it was more a heart than a fun episode.

Breaking Bad: Season 1, Episode 8

AWESOME episode, this season's highlight. So much happened, so many great scenes, so much s cos so many stuff happened. Great!

Fringe: Season 1, Episode 5

Not good, it was okay at best. Boring freak of the week episode, the smaller subplot about Olivia and John was okay, I hope this show gets better.

Here you can see some new Revenge promo pictures, of course new ones from the lovely Goddess Emily, isn't life great in moments like this?

Tomorrow, my probably last episode of Against The Wall and maybe also my last or tbc later episode of The Lying Game, we'll see.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 08-31-2011 at 02:33 PM
Old 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

For any Josh Charles and/or Lisa Edelstein fans on this board, prepare to be jealous as I met them both today. Lovely people. I was in the city, visiting Kiki17 (who lives in the Bronx) and Miss Femina (who was visiting NYC from Portugal), who are both fans of The Good Wife and we had a stroke of Good luck when Josh and Lisa finished a scene about 2 avenues over and one block down from where we were having lunch. Lunch was preplanned, the meeting was not. So amazing. Pictures coming when I am not on my iPod Touch as I have photos from Kiki and Joana's cameras on dvd. After this meeting, the three of us went to the Paley Center for Media and found they had the long version of the panel they had done in April 2010 with the cast of The Good Wife, which was most excellent as the version included on the special Target DVD was not complete.

Anyway, what a Good day and I couldn't have asked for better company.
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread