Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anyone watch the season premier of Dexter on Sunday?

I didn't get a chance to see it yet.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Two And A Half Men: Season 9, Episode 3

Quote:
Two and a Half Men fell 18% to a still big 6.1 adults 18-49 rating and CBS scored an easy win with adults 18-49
I don't think Ashton Kutcher is funny, and the episode also wasn't. Since the beginning of the week is a weak with new weekly shows, I'll give it 2 more episodes.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Two And A Half Men: Season 9, Episode 3

I don't think Ashton Kutcher is funny, and the episode also wasn't. Since the beginning of the week is a weak with new weekly shows, I'll give it 2 more episodes.
Ashton Kutcher is usually funny. Maybe his impending divorce from Demi Moore is affecting his "funnyness".
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Ashton Kutcher is usually funny. Maybe his impending divorce from Demi Moore is affecting his "funnyness".
You see, Betty, even your last post was funnier than Ashton Kutcher on 3 episodes of TAAHM. I don't know how Mr. Kutcher is, Butterfly Effect and I know that he did Punk'd, but never wanted and inteded to watch that 70s Show and I don't plan on watching his boring RomCom movies. Ah, and Dude, where is my car was really stupid. For me he's not funny, I don't care about him at all. There are funny people on tv, and he's not one of them, but gets paid million of dollars.

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 24

It was not bad, at least a bit funny, so I can see over the thin plot of Tim's old shop teacher Art Leonard dating Tim's mom. They accidentally met in the same restaurant, 90s sitcoms were written that way, not a big fan of those storylines.

Alias: Season 4, Episode 22

Disappointing season finale, I expect a lot more, but it was almost average and that was season 4 too, so it fits. The first 25 minutes not much happend, later they found Elena, who had planned the whole world destroying thing 5 years long, but with Sloane's help the team found her and killed her and that was it. And they disarmed the bomb and that was done very easily and then it was over. Not much feeling of the world almost ending. At least the last scene was great, Vaughn was driving with Sydney in a car and told her "My name isn't Michael Vaughn" - then a car crashed into them. Oh boi, now I have to watch season 5 soon - but not too soon, in some month.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-04-2011 at 02:08 PM
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Did anyone watch the season premier of Dexter on Sunday?

I didn't get a chance to see it yet.
I thought it was a really good start. The whole religious undertone is going to be interesting for Dexter. A psychopath serial killer who is still learning how to figure out emotions is now going to try and figure out religion/spirituality because of his son. Batista trying to explain it all and Dexter not getting it at all was hilarious. A lot of humour in this one, even though it looks like it'll be a dark season for the most part. I mean, snakes came out of a dead dude's BODY! OH! Deb's reaction to that.

The high school reunion thing was fun too, because we got to see Dexter try and dance, and what Dexter would be like if he was popular. Plus he got a little action, so..go him!

I don't particularly care for Maria's storyline as usual, but I think there's some big things happening for Deb. Not with Quinn (I can't see Deb getting married) but with her career after taking down that guy riiiiight when Maria has been promoted. Methinks Angel won't be getting that promotion after all.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you see, Betty, even your last post was funnier than Ashton Kutcher on 3 episodes of TAAHM. I don't know how Mr. Kutcher is, Butterfly Effect and I know that he did Punk'd, but never wanted and inteded to watch that 70s Show and I don't plan on watching his boring RomCom movies. Ah, and Dude, where is my car was really stupid. For me he's not funny, I don't care about him at all. There are funny people on tv, and he's not one of them, but gets paid million of dollars.
I'm glad you think I'm funny, Matt! I wish I made some of Ashton's millions.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I think he's funny. He's very personable in person..I've seen him on a couple of talk shows...really sweet/funny personality.

I happen to love Romantic comedies...I loved him in "Valentine's Day", "What Happens In Vegas", "Just Married", and "Guess Who".

'Tos, I am looking forward to watching the episode. I forgot to record it..but I have Showtime On Demand.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

I think you'll enjoy it, Betty. Lots of good comedy mixed with some awesome creepy stuff as usual.

New Girl

They did the chicken dance. In slow motion. To 'Groovy Kind of Love'. Complete with pecking movements.

I thought that was probably the best episode yet because it wasn't focused on Jess and was more of an ensemble and because of the randomness of the above moment. Plus, it had this line:

"Who let the **** out of the ****house?"
"Probably the **** butler."/Zooey in a British accent.

Yeah, this show was pretty much written for me, I think.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

The New Girl

See. those two lines highlight exactly what is off to me. That and the horrible theme song.

Gossip Girl

So, if you heard a giant squeeing sound on Monday, it was probably the Dair shippers reacting to this scene. I of course am not watching the show because I don't trust the Gossip Girl writers to not rip my still beating heart out of my chest and devour it before my eyes, but scenes like this do make it harder for me not to have some glimmer of hope that they aren't totally jerking me around.

Last edited by The Crow; 10-05-2011 at 08:27 AM
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm glad you think I'm funny, Matt! I wish I made some of Ashton's millions.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I think he's funny. He's very personable in person..I've seen him on a couple of talk shows...really sweet/funny personality.

I happen to love Romantic comedies...I loved him in "Valentine's Day", "What Happens In Vegas", "Just Married", and "Guess Who".
Thank you very much, Betty! As you know, I have (as anybody does) a limited amount of time, so if I don't know that Kutcher can be funny, I don't care. I'm a guy, I don't much care for RomComs, there are only a few I like. Thanks to you, I'll give him a chance. I'll put "Valentine's Day" and "Guess Who" on my list, don't like Cameron Diaz much and that Murphy movie I don't want to see, no. But it's great that you help me work on my not-caring-about-Kutcher thing, since Emily happens to like Mr. Kutcher, I should at least try, I owe her that.

Today is Parenthood day, and that's so freaking great. Now I'm going to check what the New Girl did, I don't expect much, as long as it's solid comedy, I'll watch it. And tomorrow is Revenge day, that's the best day of the week, have you guys watched the preview? I it, my girl is so evil.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
since Emily happens to like Mr. Kutcher,
She does? When did she say that?

Quote:
don't like Cameron Diaz much
You don't? I'm surprised. If I were a guy, I would definitely go for her.

Did you see the movie, "The Holiday"?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
I think he can be funny too. He was on good on "That 70s Show". Sometimes, it seems like there is still a little bit of Kelso in his character on Two And A Half Men. I don't mind Ashton at all, but I haven't seen most of what he has done. Lol. I think he has been quite good on TAAHM so far. He's no Charlie, but I have found him to be pretty decent and likeable on the show.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
She does? When did she say that?
Betty, you don't seem to know your Emily facts, we need to work on that. It's on the list with the things she likes. I don't know when she said that.

Quote:
You don't? I'm surprised. If I were a guy, I would definitely go for her.

Did you see the movie, "The Holiday"?
Wow, is it that easy? Am I so obvious? You can go for her, even if you are Betty, I don't mind. Do I have to like every actress that is out there? No. I'm different and I'm glad I am. I liked La Diaz on "My Sister's Keeper" (but it was more the whole movie I liked and Diaz happened to be in it ^^). It's just that if I look through her filmography, I wouldn't watch many movies of her, they simply aren't the stuff I enjoy, am not a big fan of comedies. No, didn't see "The Holiday", but it looks intersting, really nice cast, another movie for my b-list (movies I usually wouldn't watch but do cos I want to see different stuff too). Merci beaucoup.

New Girl: Season 1, Episode 3

Best episode so far, but it's not funny, 3 scenes maybe and I don't like Schmidt. But Zooey Deschanel is really charming and beautiful and fun, so that counts for a lot. The wedding was nice, I'm not a fan of those relationship comedy shows, I didn't really care about the storylines, but can say, that I like Nick and Winston (or however his name is) now a bit more than in the last episode. Schmidt not, go away. I'll keep watching, since New Girl is my only comedy today, there's no competition and no reason for me to stop watching. Let's hope for the best.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow;58817655[B
Gossip Girl[/b]

So, if you heard a giant squeeing sound on Monday, it was probably the Dair shippers reacting to this scene. I of course am not watching the show because I don't trust the Gossip Girl writers to not rip my still beating heart out of my chest and devour it before my eyes, but scenes like this do make it harder for me not to have some glimmer of hope that they aren't totally jerking me around.

I don't trust them either, but I'm going to take the bait. I love those two!

Quote:
Betty, you don't seem to know your Emily facts, we need to work on that
I guess I have to do my homework.

Quote:
Wow, is it that easy? Am I so obvious? You can go for her, even if you are Betty, I don't mind. Do I have to like every actress that is out there? No.
I think you misunderstood me again! No, You don't have to like every actress out there, just as I don't like every actor out there.

What I meant was...I believe Cameron Diaz to be the type of woman that is appealing to most men...looks, personality, sexiness, etc. But I could be wrong because it is a matter of individual taste.

Quote:
No, didn't see "The Holiday", but it looks intersting, really nice cast, another movie for my b-list (movies I usually wouldn't watch but do cos I want to see different stuff too). Merci beaucoup.
I loved this movie...Kate Winslet is excellent....not to mention Jude Law.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I guess I have to do my homework.
Oh no, you don't have to! I'm an obsessed fan, I have to know.

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me again! No, You don't have to like every actress out there, just as I don't like every actor out there.

What I meant was...I believe Cameron Diaz to be the type of woman that is appealing to most men...looks, personality, sexiness, etc. But I could be wrong because it is a matter of individual taste.
Thank you, that's a nice compliment, I rather be myself than to be like most men. I don't like a couple of actors out there, I think it's also comes from the not being interested in what they do. F.e., if a movie says Brad Pitt, you bet I'll read through the summary, cos then I'm interested. Cameron Diaz does too many movies I'm not interested in, so I don't need her.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Got it, Matt.

I realize that the post count on this thread is way over 300. I'll let it go a little until people respond to the latest posts.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread