Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Hart of Dixie
Good to know I am not the only one who enjoyed it Alan maybe its a southerner thing.

Yes Betty it is cute you should check it out.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Parenthood: Season 3, Episode 3

Why does nobody else here watch this AWESOME drama show? Beautiful episode, not as strong as last week, but very close. I liked how we saw Drew and Zeek, and Jasmine, and I liked Alex with Haddie and I had a lot of fun, it was so good, so much feel good vibe, so much to laugh, so good dialogues. Great, and the ratings improved a little bit, I hope this show lasts very long.

Pan Am: Season 1, Episode 1

YES! ABC for the win! After "Revenge", they got another potential show for me to like. The pilot was so much better than the horrible "The Playboy Club", here the women are beautiful too, but they are intelligent also, I like that. It was fun, I got the 60s vibe, some flashbacks, likable characters, though I didn't get many names, but I copied the list from wikipedia. I'm so unsure what the show will be about and what it wants, but I'll tune in next week again, it was fun to watch, good feeling and I also liked the music, it was not this stuff like on TPC, it was more a mixture of Frank Sinatra-esque music and beautiful film score music, and I liked it. If they manage to give us more than girls flying on a plane, I think it can be a good new show.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 09-28-2011 at 03:26 PM
Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad to hear that you liked Pan Am, Matt. I forgot to record it on Sunday, but ABC is replaying it on Friday, so I'll be checking it out then and I'm looking forward to it. Also got Modern Family recorded because there's just too much TV to watch with 4 hours after work. Whew.

Up All Night

Yup, still loving it. It was more ha ha funny this week rather than sweet funny as it has been, which was good. "The tennis player makes underwear?" "No. The underwear maker plays tennis."
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dexter:

Preview..Season 6: episode 1

Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I'm glad to hear that you liked Pan Am, Matt. I forgot to record it on Sunday, but ABC is replaying it on Friday, so I'll be checking it out then and I'm looking forward to it. Also got Modern Family recorded because there's just too much TV to watch with 4 hours after work. Whew.
I am so glad, Grant, it's not that I would desperately need a new weekly show, but it's nice to have something new and espcially something different, simply something I can look forward to every week. I hope you like it too, next episode airs on Sunday already, and the same with Revenge, a pilot is there to introduce the characters to us and to show us what the show will be about. But with a 2nd episode, you know the names and the show can go forward to show us more. I've only heard good things about the 2nd Revenge episode. If you don't believe it, just take a look at here and here, as said several times before, I'm so happy that Revenge does so good and honestly, since there are certain shows that are doing not as good as expected or are as bad as anticipated, a lot of people seem to say: Oh, this show is better than I thought it would be! Just read the comments, almost can't believe it, it's better than I expected!

Ratings for yesterday, Wednesday, September 28 will be out soon, I'll post them here and let's hope a lot people watched our lovely Emily.

Now I'm going to watch the episode of Revenge that I've been waiting for like 23 days now, can't wait. Today will be a big ABC day, not only The Middle, but Home Improvement and Alias both aired on ABC years ago, so those 4 I'll be watching.

Ratings are in:

Quote:
Revenge's 2.7 adults 18-49 rating fell 18% from last week's premiere.

ABC | Revenge | 2.7 | 7 | 8,550 (18-49 | share | all viewers in million)
That's not good, but I don't know how bad it is or if it is normal for a show to lose that many viewers?

Revenge: Season 1, Episode 2

As told before, I liked the pilot better, today there were things I didn’t really like and I expected a bit more from this episode, but I’ll tell you now what I exactly liked and what not so much. Emily VanCamp was so sweet and beautiful in this episode, she’s always a huge joy for me to watch, so with her as the lead, even a not good episode won’t be bad, and it’s the 2nd episode, we already knew for a long time that the first 4 or more episodes would be about the revenge of the week, we have to watch that part, Emily has to build up a base for her real tough victims, now she’s only trying to kick out the easy targets, and honestly who would start with Victoria, that’d be madness! No, of course you first “kill” the people that are easy to handle and later you look who is left and what to do next.

„Twelve weeks earlier.“ Emily looked AWESOMELY beautiful in that dark blue dress at the polo field, and she was allowed to act sweet, so not much of Evil Emily today, I admit I missed it, but I think it’s good for her character, since the audience has the kinda difficult task to connect with a not so good girl that does not so nice things, and I think anybody who watched Emily VC (and Emily Thorne was very similar to her today) on any video and has a heart, has to love her. Today she took down Uncle Bill, a friend of her father’s. It was not hard, it was fun to watch Emily act all innocent when getting in contact with Bill. „I know a good bet when I see one.“ This line was cool, I already remembered parts of this episode from the transcript I read some weeks ago. And Emily was allowed to be all nice, and beautiful and cool to get Bill to trust her and think that he had some money to gamble with. There was this moment when Emily greeted Nolan with this hand wave (wow, that was sweet, I’d die immediately if Emily ever did that to me ) and Nolan did the same thing back, I had to laugh so hard, cos Nolan was looking so annoyed. „You know Nolan Ross?“ – „Yes, we’ve been close for a long time.“ That actually surprised me at first, but later I knew that Emily had to tell him that she knows Nolan, not only to take him down, but also because if she is seen with Nolan in public, she can’t lie and say she doesn’t know him. I didn’t really like the sequence when Bill invested all his money into the company Emily had told him about and then Nolan announced live that it was not true and Bill lost everything. That was not very well done, it was so obvious that it would end this way, so no thrilling drama here. Emily called Bill’s customers and already she had taken down a 2nd person. I hope the revenges get better than that.

Emily and Daniel was really sweet, not only in the beginning when she dared him to win the pologame for a date with her, but also later when kissed, that was sweet and I really liked the song they played, it’s Agnes Obel with “Avenue”. Then there was this surprise birthday/housewarming party. I also liked how Jack showed up with his new BFF Nolan in the exact same moment when Emily and Daniel tried to kiss – I was expecting Emily getting all furious how Nolan could hang out with Jack. I was really disappointed from the tea part between Emily and Victoria, thanks to evancamp.com, I had already seen the scene and it was only 1 minute short, just one question, then Daniel walked in and it was over. Emily looked gorgeous, almost to much to take. And it was cool how she got a call and told Victoria, who wanted to stop her from buying the beach house, that she had bought the house, it was so sweet of Emily how she told Victoria. Victoria’s detective found out not much but some thing, Emily was actually in a school in Barcelona, but at the same time with Lydia’s ex-husband. Hm, what is that all about? „I want you to start following her. Something’s not right here, I can feel it.“ And we found out that Victoria’s contact couldn’t find out where she had been from 16-18 (we know, in jail). Now I ask myself how hard it will be for Victoria to figure out that Emily not only knows Nolan, but was in jail? For me it seems a bit too easy, even if Emily did all her homework, she had like 8 years to write a faked history, will it work? Cos if anybody digs just a little bit deeper and asks if Emily was really where she pretend to have been, her lie could be uncovered.

I again didn’t like the Porters, especially how Declan was beaten up by Charlotte’s friends, that was such a rip off from The O.C., “Welcome to the O.C., bitch.” That was so stupid, also how the father overheard Jack telling his brother that he had sold the boat to save the tavern and how their father had a like heartattack at the end was way to much drama. No, I didn’t like it and I am not sure what I should do with Declan? So far he’s a boring character, and just 1/50 interesting for me as the rest of the cast. Maybe it gets better, I really hope.

And Lydia returned, she was angry cos she doesn’t get money from her ex-husband due to her now public affair with Conrad. But she wants a big check or else. I could imagine that she maybe murdered Daniel, at least it’s a possible 3rd party, but we’ll find out later.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 09-29-2011 at 10:06 AM
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Modern Family

"Is this a people cookie?"

A pretty good episode. The Cameron stuff I liked, and I always like whenever Haley and Alex are going back and forth at each other. And Claire. The Phil storyline with the tightrope didn't really do anything for me, but it had a sweet ending when the girls came home and saw him doing it. He's Claire's Super Dunphy! Jay and the dog was cute and all, but a light side story.

Suburgatory

Anybody watch this? I had heard good buzz about it, so I checked it out. I really liked it. I like the main girl. Jane Levy? She was good. Jeremy Sisto, too. There were some good lines and some sharp humor. I enjoyed it enough. I will definitely be tuning in again next week.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Suburgatory

Anybody watch this? I had heard good buzz about it, so I checked it out. I really liked it. I like the main girl. Jane Levy? She was good. Jeremy Sisto, too. There were some good lines and some sharp humor. I enjoyed it enough. I will definitely be tuning in again next week.
First of all: I your ava.

Second: No, I didn't. Maybe I should? I wonder how good Jeremy Sisto is in a comedy? He can play a psycho (on SFU) or be a total misscast (like for Joey Potter's husband in the series finale), but I don't consider that guy funny, more creepy? So I am so unsure. But thanks to you liking it, I'll give it a show, could work later today.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Modern Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
"Is this a people cookie?"

A pretty good episode. The Cameron stuff I liked, and I always like whenever Haley and Alex are going back and forth at each other. And Claire. The Phil storyline with the tightrope didn't really do anything for me, but it had a sweet ending when the girls came home and saw him doing it. He's Claire's Super Dunphy! Jay and the dog was cute and all, but a light side story.
Good thoughts, Barry! The Super Dunphy like was total aww worthy. I love Claire and Phil. The tightrope storyline looked like it was going to be too silly, but then it ended up like that. Awesome. I also agree on Jay/Gloria/Manny's story being too small. It was really good for what we got out of it. As usual, the show just needs five extra minutes!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Middle: Season 3, Episode 3

Horrible first 2 episodes, the worst of the show so far, this camping trip was from hell, not funny, just annoying. Back to normal I think they can do a lot better like they used to do before.

“It’s a family dinner, you suffer with the rest of us.” Sue is all high school and telling her family about the new terms she learned so far. I TOTALLY understood how Axl felt, Sue is nice, but she can be soooo annoying, and if my sister would bother me at school, I would hate that! I really try to like Sue, she’s a nice girl, but when somebody constantly talks about the most boring stuff in the world, I want to run away screaming. And how Axl told her to take swimming classes cos he knew that the pool was so far away from her next class that she couldn’t make it was stupid. Is it really normal that teachers lock the door if you are like too late for class? And then you get detention? That’s stupid! Usually teachers show up 3-5 minutes too late, so you have enough time! And usually there are breaks between hours and usually if you say you have a swimming class, I’m sure the teacher will let you come 2 minutes too late. Sue was not only annoying, this plot felt stupid. What’s happening? Actually I thought Sue in high school could be nice, but it’s beyond annoying! And then they discussed for like 5 minutes who’s in charge in the Heck house. Frankie wouldn’t believe that Mike was, but the children told her so. And after that the parents talked about the same subject for 5 more minutes. I also liked how Axl said: “I’d kill for less attention.” But Sue wants to have more attention. I liked what Axl said, he can be so nice.

I liked how the parents told Brick to talk to his teacher (cos they had some very bad experiences with his teachers if you remember) cos he wasn’t happy with a male teacher and the teaching style. Mike went to see the teacher who was really young. Mike doesn’t know what tweets are. I liked their conversation with the answer ball, that was fun. “Brick, the teacher’s on my computer.” Brick: “Hit escape. Also, he can hear you.”

Shouldn’t this show be funny? Wasn’t this how funny? Didn’t I like the last 2 seasons? What the heck? Mediocre, not funny, boring storylines, Sue annoying as hell. Sorry, but after 3 episodes including the horrible season premiere, I have to rate The Middle lower than TAAHM S9 and New Girl S1. Only thing I liked was the small Brick storyline and the sweet Axl/Sue conversation at the end, but that’s not enough for a 20 minute episode to have like ¼ of good minutes. Both shows are more or less on the edge of getting cancelled by me. Let’s hope new Suburgatory on the same station is better.

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 20

Mediocre episode with only a handful of laughs. I hope season 5 gets better again, only 6 episodes left and also the last episode was weak. Tim and Jill had to go bowling with Binford owner Bud Harper and wife. That was boring. Tim was afraid, that if he wasn't nice to Bud and let him win, he would be sent to like Iraq. The kids had 2 small scenes, an annoying Angela but that had no point.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 09-29-2011 at 02:54 PM
Old 09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Revenge
I thought the second episode was good. Let us get to know the characters better some even surprising us like with the douche actually ending up to be a good guy and someone who looks to be a partner in crime for Emily. Anyway good setup seems to be moving kinda fast though only thing that worries me with this show is how it can sustain over time creatively. Guess we will find out...
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Community

Maybe I was in a bad mood during this one, but I thought it flat out sucked. I...really don't have much more to say than that. Annie and Britta look great in HD? Yeah..that's it.

Parks & Recreation

This was a weird one, but it was funny. The drink off was SO strange, though. Ron being all happy go lucky was hilarious and I hope his mustache grows back very quickly because he looks all kinds of odd clean shaven. The best parts of the episode, though, were Ben in Entertainment 720. His bewildered look the whole time cracked me up, just every time the camera panned to him, laugh out loud. That dude has the funniest WTF face and delivery around. Like, that tag could have been 30 minutes and I would have laughed the whole time he pointed out something that was odd. Only complaint? Could have used more John Ralphio. I love that character.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Suburgatory

I enjoyed this one. I like the lead actress and her dry delivery, and I like Jeremy Sisto in pretty much anything, so I'll be watching this one again next week for sure.

Community

I was only half watching this one because of my nieces, but the only time I laughed was when the Lionel Richie song was playing.

Parks and Recreation

This was an improvement over the premiere to me. I thought almost all of it was funny, from happy-go-lucky clean-shaven Ron, to April seeing Tammy-One as the 'distant mother she never had,' to all the stuff with Ben, Tom and Entertainment 7Twenty.

The Vampire Diaries

Great episode. The flashbacks were well done, and the revelation of Klaus and Stefan's secret shared history was well done. Katherine's involvement was well-played, and I really like Rebecca...way more than I liked her character on Pretty Little Liars.

I loved seeing Caroline's mom stepping up, hardcore, to save her daughter, and I loved that she didn't even need a second to think about her ex-husband's offer, she just squeezed off a warning shot and sent the werewolf in to get her daughter.

It seems that the gravity of the situation has finally hit home with Elena. I think the face to face talk with Stefan, combined with all the inescapable reminders of past horrors, has really broken her from the Stefan redemption path...at least for now. With the introduction of Rebecca and the undeniable attraction Stefan had with her, it seems the stage is now completely set for the Damon/Elena union that half the fandom wants...and I'm fine with that. Stefan as Ripper has been a lot of fun to watch, and Elena just doesn't fit into that world. Rebecca will be a much better partner for that stuff...sort of the Spike and Drusilla of TVD.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Community: Season 3, Episode 2

I really enjoyed this episode, the season premiere was okay, but this episode was funny, I really enjoyed the UN model game, a lot of fun. It was GREAT to see Bill from Freaks and Geeks again (I finished the show last week), Martin Starr, he did really good as the teacher. Britta vs. Chang was really strange, but also funny in its own weird way. Abed was so cool, how he was talking about Earth 2 and a parallel universe, that was so like Sheldon Cooper. Jeff to Britta: „You need to grow up, the world needs more women like you. You can’t keep doing this forever, kiddo.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Community

Maybe I was in a bad mood during this one, but I thought it flat out sucked. I...really don't have much more to say than that. Annie and Britta look great in HD? Yeah..that's it.
I not saying I hope you were in a bad mood, but I hope you were in a bad mood. Okay, since I thought a lot episode of season 2 were only okay or even boring, I keep my mouth shut. Maybe because I'm from Europe I could enjoy the whole UN thing more than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Community

I was only half watching this one because of my nieces, but the only time I laughed was when the Lionel Richie song was playing.
Oh, am I the only person that enjoyed this episode?

What do I want to watch today? Alias, The Big Bang Theory, Suburgatory. Yeah and Person Of Interest too. Tomorrow I will watch Parks & Recreation, I think it's not good to watch all the comedies today, cos tomorrow there is nothing left.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Person of Interest

Yup, coolest show on TV. Probably my favourite thing on right now. There was a little (key word) humour from Caviezel's character this week and the "case" was interesting too. Add in a few flashbacks and Emerson's character masking as a normal employee in a company he owns, and..yeah, it's just cool.

Community

Matt, I thought the episode started really well with Annie's evil twin, but it veered off in bizarre directions as this show often does. I guess I'm just looking for some simplicity for once.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Community

Quote:
Abed was so cool, how he was talking about Earth 2 and a parallel universe
I'm not sure if you're aware, but there is an independent feature called Another Earth that has been getting some rave reviews (someone was telling me about it on a recent trip to NYC and thought I might like it, but it was out of theatres by the time she told me about). I thought this might be what Abed was referencing.

Anyway, I also enjoyed the episode.
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread