Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Big Bang Theory: Season 5, Episode 3

Yes, that was a really nice and also funny episode, not as good as last week's second episode, but closer to it than to the weak season premiere. Sheldon bought a toy train, that was fun and though there could've been more scenes with Sheldon it was fun, how he punched Leonard and he had some pretty good lines, well done. To Penny: „I’ve seen pictures of your mother. Keep eating.” The other two storylines were nice, if you had asked me before the episode what I would expect from this episode, I would have responded that I don't think it's gonna be any good. But it was. Howard wanted Bernadette to move in with him and his mom, ast first shew as angry but then she moved in with him only for the weekend. That was nice and had some funny moments, well done, since I don't like Bernadette much. Also Amy was a lot better than usual, I can't stand her and she's not funny, but today she was, she had scenes with Leonard, went to a wedding with him and in the end she tought that Leonard wanted more from her, we don't know if that is true, Sheldon at least punched Leonard when he heard about his roommate having a good time. It was well written, if they keep it that way this season will be a lot better than season 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Community

Matt, I thought the episode started really well with Annie's evil twin, but it veered off in bizarre directions as this show often does. I guess I'm just looking for some simplicity for once.
Yeah, I have my problems with the show too, often it's too crazy, like the Britta-Chang thing today, it's totally insane, but funny somehow, but you don't really know why. I didn't like season 2 much (thougth season 1 was better), so I am just glad that season 3 seems to go into the right direction. Hope you like next week's ep bette, Grant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Community

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there is an independent feature called Another Earth that has been getting some rave reviews (someone was telling me about it on a recent trip to NYC and thought I might like it, but it was out of theatres by the time she told me about). I thought this might be what Abed was referencing.

Anyway, I also enjoyed the episode.
Great to see one person also enjoying this episode. Thank you for that info, Gaby, I've heard about that movie and I put it on my list of my movies to watch in the future, sounds really promising. Even if it wasn't, it was easy for him to think of something like 2 earths, that's just Abed.

Suburgatory: Season 1, Episode 1

Thanks to everybody for writing a positive review about this show. It was not groundbreaking, but I liked it! But in the end it's no surprise, it's an ABC show. I made a list with all my favourite shows, and the most are definitely from ABC and very closely followed by NBC. Revenge, Pan Am, old The Middle and now Suburgatory, simply this station knows what I like the best. I like Tessa (the actress was on Shameless, playing Mandy) and I also like Jeremy Sisto, though I didn't think he could be funny, but he actually was quite nice. I don't know what to expect, but it could be a really nice show, it had some funny moments, like the "my mom wants the pod back" and Tessa is really cool, so I think I'll watch some more episodes, after all the disappointing new shows it was good to give it a chance. And I that it doesn't have this annoying can laughter, only show that is allowed to have that are the nerds from TBBT. Let's hope it finds its way, could be something I can enjoy, if I watch a comedy show, it has to be something that is not all about relation ships, so I don't like shows like Friends, HIMYM and similiar stuff.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 09-30-2011 at 02:16 PM
Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Parks & Recreation: Season 4, Episode 2

I donno, I think it's a little bit not so good as the season premiere was. I laughed a couple of times, liked Tammy I vs. Ron and Ron with this coloured striped shirt and the drinking game, and Tom and Ben was also nice. Chris was annoying, poor Ann, so nice but wasting time with him. Not bad at all, I think I'll rewatch it tomorrow.

Alias: Season 4, Episode 19

Never seen something like this before in a tv show I watch, what was that all about? Don't really know, too much, I didn't really like it, though Arvin Clone showed up, the explanation was somehow disappoing, so was the end of the episode. Very strange, it almost didn't feel real, I have no idea. Hope the next 3 epiosodes are different. Itw as not bad, but also not good, but I expected a good episode.

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 21

Unfortunately another mediocre episode. I didn't like how Tim was angry at Brad because his oldest son got a new haircut. And it wasn't even a green hair punk hairstyle, so what the heck? Is that something you have to fight about? When Tim said "you look like an idiot", this episode was gone, I like the show, but that was not a good plot. Randy and his Romeo play was okay. I hope the show gets better again, since 4 episodes now it's not as good as the season used to be.

Person Of Interest: Season 1, Episode 2

It was not really better than the pilot, but it was better in the scenes, that it was not only okay because of the action, it was more of a even episode somehow. Didn't care much for the case, the action was nice, I liked the flashback of Finch and his former partner, I like the intro, but besides that there is not much left. This female cop Carter seems to be on the 2, but she's too far away for now. Okay, the case of the week (or number of the week) had some nice moments, but in the end it's nothing I would watch twice. I'll stay tuned and hope the show gets better in the next weeks, gives us more background infos, better cases and more characters as well. So far it's not a bad show for me to watch on the weekends, cos then I don't have new shows and have time to watch a show like this. Could be a guilty pleasure somehow, usually I don't watch shows like that for a long time, let's see how long I keep on it.

Quote:
Person of Interest

Yup, coolest show on TV. Probably my favourite thing on right now. There was a little (key word) humour from Caviezel's character this week and the "case" was interesting too. Add in a few flashbacks and Emerson's character masking as a normal employee in a company he owns, and..yeah, it's just cool.
Coolest show - definitely Revenge. I liked Caviezel better I must say, but it's not enough for him being the lead. I liked how Emerson's Mr. Finch got involved in the episode more than in the pilot, still I wonder how that should work when he even can't watch a young girl, cos she can run and he not. Oh, he was really working in the company he owns? That's cool, didn't know that it was his company (of course know that he has one!).

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-01-2011 at 07:38 AM
Old 10-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Parks & Recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Chris was annoying, poor Ann, so nice but wasting time with him.
Very annoying! That was my least favourite story of the three. Unfortunately, I just don't find that Rob Lowe fits with the show, they always have to give him weird stories like this because he doesn't interact all that well with the whole group like everyone else does.

Pan Am

That was a lot of fun. I like all of the actors and I have a good feeling for all the characters already too. It's a gorgeous show (all of the female characters are of course gorgeous too) with some great sets and production values. Very good start. I'm glad that all the worries about these period shows being like Mad Men were not true. This is just a whimsical batch of nostalgia, while Mad Men undercuts the nostalgia a lot of the time. It's nice that I'll be able to watch two '60s shows and they'll be completely different.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Parks & Recreation
Very annoying! That was my least favourite story of the three. Unfortunately, I just don't find that Rob Lowe fits with the show, they always have to give him weird stories like this because he doesn't interact all that well with the whole group like everyone else does.
Thanks for the support. I liked Rob Lowe on B&S (that's all I know him from) and liked him at first on P&R, but later he got boring and I think his character stayed always the same, Mr. Positive and that was all, that's boring.

Quote:
Pan Am

That was a lot of fun. I like all of the actors and I have a good feeling for all the characters already too. It's a gorgeous show (all of the female characters are of course gorgeous too) with some great sets and production values. Very good start. I'm glad that all the worries about these period shows being like Mad Men were not true. This is just a whimsical batch of nostalgia, while Mad Men undercuts the nostalgia a lot of the time. It's nice that I'll be able to watch two '60s shows and they'll be completely different.
Yes. I'm always a person that never loves anything from the beginning, I say it was really nice, almost good even, but I wait what direction the show takes. But I'll be watching next week and am glad I gave it a shot. I was not (really) looking for Mad Men, you can't copy that show, that show is different. I was just wanting to watch the show cos it doesn't play in the present, I like all kinds of shows, but I woulnd't watch a show that was actually made in the 60s, but I would watch a show that is from the 00s and takes places in the 60s. And they did good, they showed me a lot that looked like the 60s, it was fun and I was in a good mood while watching it. I totally agree with your last sentence, they are both totally different, and that's good, I usually don't watch stuff from that time (though I wanted but it's not easy, it simply was a different time back then), so a great opportunity for me to get that feeling of that beautiful time. I'm glad next episode is around the corner, you'll read more of me soon.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Lost Girl

This season has been really good so far. I don't like the new Ash at all, but then again, I can't think of a single role that I have liked the actor in, so that isn't all that surprising.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 22

A very serious and dramatic show for Home Improvement, Randy got checked at the doctor and they found an abcess or something like that on his neck. At first the episode was okay, later it got better when everybody realized how serious that was. Beautiful flashback to Tim with young Randy that was great. Not really funny, still a nice episode, hope the last 4 episodes are equally good. Only 9 days until Tim Allen returns to television, I'm excited.

Alias: Season 4, Episode 20

Good and exciting episode, what is Sloane up to? What is Elena up to? Rambaldi is back and somebody else - what we found out in the cliffhanger. The finale has to be better than this episode, but I liked it, not too spectacular, but fun too watch, the flashback of Nadia and Sloane, the search for Elena, how she shot Dixon, is Sloane good or bad, we will see. Looking forward to the S4 finael.

Charlie's Angels: Season 1, Episode 1

Yeah, I'm a bit too late. I had nothing else to watch and wanted to find out if The Playboy Club or this show had the worst pilot of this season (or ever). It was bad, very bad, worse, the worst, horrible. I wonder who decided to put this show on air? Aren't there any test screenings? I'd rather see CSI spin off part 20 than one more episode of this show. 1 minute introduction of the past of the 3 angels, 5 minutes working on a case, 2 minutes getting one angel killed by a car bomb (which was obvious if you had seen one single promo picture), horrible crying and being shocked for 2 minutes, next day, work again, plans for vengeance. Abby (the blonde angel) was played by a very untalented actress, she did every line wrong and was no fun to watch, though she's good loooking, and that was what she got casted for. The case was boring, everything was looking so perfect, like a modern movie, fast cuts, today's music, hot dresses, parties, but no soul, no soul at all. Usually I'm not a person that wishes for a show to die, and even if I think so, I won't come here and write it down on the internet. But this show is bad to the bones, even the 500th crime procedural would be more fun to watch. Since ABC got 2 really promising new shows (Revenge with 2 good episodes and the pilot of Pan Am I liked), I hope Charlie's Angels gets cancelled soon, then those two shows surely will have a better chance of getting renewed. Since I am absolutely no fan of the movies (I hate them!), I can say the show is almost as bad as the 2 movies, which I've seen one of. I've never seen the original CA from many years ago, and I don't think I would enjoy it, but it was successful back then and maybe then it was a nice show to watch, cos there weren't those great shows like Dexter, Breaking Bad, LOST and so on.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-02-2011 at 09:21 AM
Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gaby, Patricia (I know you two watch it)...what are your thoughts about last week's season finale of Drop Dead Diva?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

I was a few weeks behind on the show, but I caught up recently and OhMyGod. I can't believe Stacy told Grayson. Also I got really excited at the New Zealand references.
I made my icon.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
I was a few weeks behind on the show, but I caught up recently and OhMyGod. I can't believe Stacy told Grayson. Also I got really excited at the New Zealand references.
I know! Usually when someone tells Grayson something like that...it's a dream!

This new development makes it appear that there will be only one more season. Where can they go after Grayson gets Jane to come back?

Gaby, what do you think of the Judge that Jane is dating?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Criminal Minds

Against my better judgement, I'm getting my hopes up for a J.J./Reid hookup. From the 'it's a long story' answer to Prentiss' question about Will to the fact that Reid had spent the last 2 and a half months coming to J.J.'s house for comfort to the look they shared at the end of the newest episode, I'm allowing myself to hope that htey are finally gonna do something with them. I'm obviously going to be disappointed, but here's hoping that I'm not.

Regarding the newest episode. It is set in Durant, Oklahoma. Not that long ago, I lived in Durant, Oklahoma. It looked nothing like it did on Criminal Minds. There were no homeless shanty towns. There is no public transportation system. If a serial killer were picking up people at bus stops in Durant, it'd have to be at school bus stops. While it's cool that it was set somewhere near me, it would be nice for the PTB at the show to get on the internet and actually do some perfunctory research on the place and make some effort to make their version similar to the real thing.

Trollhunter

We were super-slow on Saturday at work, so I hit Netflix and watched this little flick from Norway that I'd been hearing about. It's a simple premise really: the movie purports to be 'found footage' sent to a film institute. In it, three college students are filming some sort of documentary, and they start following Hans, who they believe to be a bear poacher. At first he angrily sends them away, but after they follow him into the woods and witness an encounter with an unknown animal, Hans agrees to let them follow him and film him as he hunts trolls for the government. He tells them that he's the only official troll hunter in Norway and that he works for the Troll Security Service. At first they laugh it off as the product of a crazy person, but after they are chased by a three headed troll and witness Hans turn it to stone with UV light they are convinced. The rest of the movie is them following Hans as he tries to figure out why the trolls are acting abnormally and dodging Hans' superiors in the TSS who don't like that he's allowing someone to film his activities.

The special effects are surprisingly good...at least on the cgi side. The practical effects are more than adequate, except when the TSS produces a bear carcass to blame recent animal killings on. The 'bear' looks like a giant carnival toy that they glued a fake tongue and more realistic eyes on. It really took me out of the movie both times that it happened. Overall though, the good outweighed the bad, and I'd recommend giving Trollhunter a watch.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Home Improvement: Season 5, Episode 23

Sadly another just okay episode. Wilson took over the control over Randy's school play, he tried to teach the kids some knowledge about Shakespeare, but I thought that was more boring than funny. It's no coincidence, that Home Improvement is the only 90s family sitcom that I watch and like(d), but you see that it's an old(er) show, some storylines simply are weak.

Alias: Season 4, Episode 21

Mediocre episode with a couple really annoying scenes, I think the finale will be great, this episode was too much about the strange Irina is still alive twist, didn't like it.

Pan Am: Season 1, Episode 2

I think the 2nd episode was on the level of the pilot, nothing special, but really pleasant to watch. Nothing special, but I like the characters, the girls are sweet, I hope there is more to the show. The storylines are actually pretty thin if you think about it, for now it's alright, I hope ratings stay okay, as long as they keep up the solid quality, I'll be watching this show. Though it's nice to see what's going on with the sisters and Collette and the flashbacks too, I want to see more of Maggie (Ricci) who is a really interesting character and she had two really funny lines today, she says what is on her mind, that is important for a woman in the 60s but also dangerous. That's interesting to watch! Unfortunately, Maggie had again the lowers screentime of the 4 girls, but at least was more to see than in the pilot.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 10-03-2011 at 01:22 PM
Old 10-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

This totally made my day:

Mitchell Hurwitz Promises an 'Arrested Development' Movie, and New TV Episodes - NYTimes.com
Old 10-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Pan Am

Quote:
I want to see more of Maggie (Ricci) who is a really interesting character and she had two really funny lines today, she says what is on her mind, that is important for a woman in the 60s but also dangerous. That's interesting to watch! Unfortunately, Maggie had again the lowers screentime of the 4 girls, but at least was more to see than in the pilot.
Yeah, I want to see more of her too. She's fun and the most different and interesting, but also the character we know the least about. I hear next week has a lot more to do with her, which I can't wait for. I love Ricci's facial expressions. When she was talking to the lady who weighs the girls, just the look from her eyes was cracking me up.

I like all the characters so far, which is important. I have a feel for everyone except her, which is great after only two episodes. You're right, though, that the stories themselves feel a little thin at the moment. That's fine as long as they keep the characters interesting for now, but I'd like to see the plot pick up too. I also wonder how long a show like this can last; how often can we see a new story on a plane ride every episode? For now, though, I'm enjoying the plane ride.

Castle

Not my favourite. The case was fairly interesting I guess, but the Alexis story was a little eh (although unresolved at the end, which was nice) and it wasn't all that fun. I'm getting bored of the new captain. Next week's look like it'll be a lot juicier.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Pan Am

Yeah, I want to see more of her too. She's fun and the most different and interesting, but also the character we know the least about. I hear next week has a lot more to do with her, which I can't wait for. I love Ricci's facial expressions. When she was talking to the lady who weighs the girls, just the look from her eyes was cracking me up.
I was thinking that they did that on purpose to give the not so well known (I didn't know any actor besides La Ricci) a chance. Ricci does great, that's obvious. I don't know her besides "Caspar" and one other movie, but that's it. I wasn't even sure if I would like her, but I'm glad I do. She's fun, she made me laugh with what she said, but she's tough and she will be very interesting. Can't wait to see more of her and esp. her past.

Quote:
I like all the characters so far, which is important. I have a feel for everyone except her, which is great after only two episodes. You're right, though, that the stories themselves feel a little thin at the moment. That's fine as long as they keep the characters interesting for now, but I'd like to see the plot pick up too. I also wonder how long a show like this can last; how often can we see a new story on a plane ride every episode? For now, though, I'm enjoying the plane ride.
Yes, they are all very nice, very easy to like. If you compare it to Mad Men, Don Draper, Roger, Peter, Joan, Betty, that are honestly not easy to like characters, I even think they are not to love or really like at all, but they are interesting to watch and I like them because of that. Hope you get what I mean. Anyway, they need to bring something more to the show, everything they showed us was something you've seen somewhere else in a better way, for now it's enough, in the long run I would be a bit board, despite the feel good feeling the show gives me.

Nice to hear you are on board - let's talk about the next episode next week.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Castle

After two very good episodes, we got an okay episode last night. The case was different, and the Castle and Beckett wordplay was good as usual. I particularly liked the part when Castle said something about the life extending implants and Beckett looked down at her chest and said "I don't really need them."