Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2018, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I will watch it in an few hours
Sounds good.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Sounds good.
Still haven't watched it yet
Old 07-25-2018, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Barbarella #4 by Stephanie Hans

Old 07-25-2018, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Shark Week So Far

I'm loving it. I said up thread, I was either a Marine Biologist or eaten by a shark in a past life, which is why I am so enthralled by sharks.

That said, it's gotten a bit too reality TV for me. Every night celebrities are featured... Shaq, Rodgers, Vonn, Gronk, Rousey ... I don't know... I don't really care about their experiences in the water with sharks. I enjoy the traditional, deep research documentaries on sharks... scientific research, and watching professional divers/shark experts diving and existing without cages even (incredible) with tigers, whites, bulls, tracking how wicked fast a mako shark is, stuff like that. I don't care about celebrities having first experiences with sharks. Go away, Hollywood. I want the scientific study/research only. So I'm skipping the "Hollywood aspect" and just watching the research-related moments only. Thankfully, we're still getting plenty of this.
Yeah. I don't care about seeing Guy Fieri interact with sharks. I want to see scientists interacting with sharks, or just a regular old documentary about them.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Cover is really interesting! I'm half scared, half intrigued, lol. What Comic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Yeah. I don't care about seeing Guy Fieri interact with sharks. I want to see scientists interacting with sharks, or just a regular old documentary about them.
Precisely. It's really annoying this year. Way too much. I'm recording every one of them but quickly checking the content, deleting Guy/any celebrity, only keeping the old school ones.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Still haven't watched it yet
I just rewatched. I appreciate this episode because we now understand how and why Octavia went into darkness. I always knew there was an explanation. I am glad we received it. So many that once wanted to crucify Octavia now feel sorry for her. I never wanted to crucify her. I knew it had to come from somewhere. It's heartbreaking. Everything Madi said is bang on.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The 100: The Dark Year 5.11

I am glad that most see Octavia in a different light now. Abby is the darkness if we want to point fingers. She instigated everything, she forced Octavia into this role and then turned to addiction and left her. Octavia made them eat so they wouldn't die. She did bad things but in order to save as many people as possible. Everything Madi says in this episode to Clarke is bang on... especially everything she says about Octavia and how Clarke has it all wrong. Madi is pro-Octavia because she gets it. She understands the hell she went through, how it was Abby instigating everything behind the scenes and then she bails. Madi's words are truth.

Love these posts:

Quote:
Someone needed to help her (Octavia). If they had, she wouldn't have become this dictator.
Quote:
Octavia really had to do all of the work even though Abby told her she had to. Nobody helped her.

Preach, Madi! Octavia was taking away their choice so she would bear it and they didn't have to.
Quote:
Now that it's all been aired, I want to point out something I said on the spoiler thread a few days ago. I think Octavia burning the hydrofarm makes more sense in retrospect because we know that the cannibalism happened because the hydrofarm failed them. One crop got infected and they had to go through a full year of nightmare waiting for that crop to come back at sufficient levels. So when Monty tells her that he can rebuild the hydrofarm, he says that it might take a few years. Octavia hears that and gets flashbacks to being told that they have to force people to eat human meat for a year. She's not going to risk going back to that, maybe for even longer than they did before. Not when there's a paradise valley out there. Like she said to Bellamy, she is willing to share the valley, but they're going to get away from that hydrofarm one way or another.
Quote:
Can we talk about how guilty Abby is here? This was all happening at her insistence. She pushed Octavia and told her there was no other way. And then she escaped into her addiction and let Octavia carry the whole burden. And then at the very first opportunity, she abandoned Wonkru and went over to Diyoza's side. WTF Abby.
===

Abby = the drug addicted villain of this story which is what Abby was telling Clarke.

Octavia = a victim/influenced by Abby, it broke her down but she saved as many as she could and took it all on her shoulders. Then it broke Octavia and she turned to major psychosis as a result. It's heartbreaking. Madi gets it.

Last Bits:

- Also... if I hear Bellamy say one more time that those in the Sky with him are his family I will pull every ounce of my hair out. It has become annoying as hell. Plus, without Clarke he wouldn't even have his precious family. I love Bellamy but stop with the family bit, Bell. Thanks.

- Of course Raven falls for Shaw. Now watch Shaw dies... it wouldn't be a complete season without Raven suffering...
Spoiler:

- Lastly... I think the line with Echo saying she will deal with Clarke later is key... I could totally see a finale set up where Echo goes after Clarke and Bellamy chooses Clarke, not Echo.

Two more episodes left of the season.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-25-2018 at 09:45 AM
Old 07-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I moved into you your cave, Michelle. What exactly is Shark Week?
Old 07-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The 100: The Dark Year 5.11

I am glad that most see Octavia in a different light now. Abby is the darkness if we want to point fingers. She instigated everything, she forced Octavia into this role and then turned to addiction and left her. Octavia made them eat so they wouldn't die. She did bad things but in order to save as many people as possible. Everything Madi says in this episode to Clarke is bang on... especially everything she says about Octavia and how Clarke has it all wrong. Madi is pro-Octavia because she gets it. She understands the hell she went through, how it was Abby instigating everything behind the scenes and then she bails. Madi's words are truth.

Love these posts:

===

Abby = the drug addicted villain of this story which is what Abby was telling Clarke.

Octavia = a victim/influenced by Abby, it broke her down but she saved as many as she could and took it all on her shoulders. Then it broke Octavia and she turned to major psychosis as a result. It's heartbreaking. Madi gets it.

Last Bits:

- Also... if I hear Bellamy say one more time that those in the Sky with him are his family I will pull every ounce of my hair out. It has become annoying as hell. Plus, without Clarke he wouldn't even have his precious family. I love Bellamy but stop with the family bit, Bell. Thanks.

- Of course Raven falls for Shaw. Now watch Shaw dies... it wouldn't be a complete season without Raven suffering...
Spoiler:

- Lastly... I think the line with Echo saying she will deal with Clarke later is key... I could totally see a finale set up where Echo goes after Clarke and Bellamy chooses Clarke, not Echo.

Two more episodes left of the season.
Sounds very promising, Michelle. Now if I can only get rid of my company...I can watch!
Old 07-25-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think I moved into you your cave, Michelle. What exactly is Shark Week?

Quote:
Wikipedia:
Shark Week is an annual, week-long TV programming block created by Tom Golden at the Discovery Channel, which features shark-based programming. Shark Week originally premiered on July 17, 1988. Featured annually, in July and/or early August, it was originally devoted to conservation efforts and correcting misconceptions about sharks.[1] Over time, it grew in popularity and became a hit on the Discovery Channel. Since 2010, it has been the longest-running cable television programming event in history.[2][3] Broadcast in over 72 countries, Shark Week is promoted heavily via social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Episodes are also available for purchase on services like Google Play Movies & TV/YouTube, Amazon Video, and iTunes. Some episodes are free on subscription-based Hulu.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Sounds very promising, Michelle. Now if I can only get rid of my company...I can watch!
LOL! Sounds good!
Old 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just wrote this in a post agreeing with some others too about Octavia:

Quote:
As a Clinical Psychologist, I probably overthink this way too much. But Octavia had it bad, so very bad. Not that others haven't had it bad either but taking Octavia's entire history... adding it all up... it's incredible she's not either dead or a complete psychopath without any remorse at this point. She is neither. Last night reaffirmed my belief that the Dark Year broke her, and Abby for me is the one largely at fault for what happened. I just can't ignore the mental aspect of Octavia. She's been through hell and back and what she endured in that Bunker during the Dark Year obviously changed her and it goes without saying her behavior and choices after this time period would reflect that Dark Year. She's not going to suddenly "snap out of it" and mentally behave in a sound way. That's not how psychology works. I'm actually impressed that Jason was accurate with the continuity.

But yes, agree with what you guys are saying, along with Fuzzy too, concerning Octavia. I just can't ignore the psychology angle. It flows through my veins as a Clinical Psychologist. I hope Octavia recovers and reunites with her brother eventually, Indra too. Deep down both Bellamy and Indra still love her. Hope these relationships can pick up the pieces and get stronger again in time. I can't wait for Bellamy to find out from Clarke (hopefully) what his sister endured. I think that's when the healing begins for this sibling dynamic.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Shark Week So Far

I'm loving it. I said up thread, I was either a Marine Biologist or eaten by a shark in a past life, which is why I am so enthralled by sharks.

That said, it's gotten a bit too reality TV for me. Every night celebrities are featured... Shaq, Rodgers, Vonn, Gronk, Rousey ... I don't know... I don't really care about their experiences in the water with sharks. I enjoy the traditional, deep research documentaries on sharks... scientific research, and watching professional divers/shark experts diving and existing without cages even (incredible) with tigers, whites, bulls, tracking how wicked fast a mako shark is, stuff like that. I don't care about celebrities having first experiences with sharks. Go away, Hollywood. I want the scientific study/research only. So I'm skipping the "Hollywood aspect" and just watching the research-related moments only. Thankfully, we're still getting plenty of this.
Um I didn't even know shark week was a thing till now.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Um I didn't even know shark week was a thing till now.
Haha. For once, I'm not the one living under a rock. Seriously, it's a miracle. I'm usually always living under a rock.

I've watched Shark Week for well over a decade. I never miss it!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Haha. For once, I'm not the one living under a rock. Seriously, it's a miracle. I'm usually always living under a rock.

I've watched Shark Week for well over a decade. I never miss it!
It's probably not my thing cause the damn things scare me. I blame watching jaws as a kid.