View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I just wrote this in a post agreeing with some others too about Octavia:

Quote:
As a Clinical Psychologist, I probably overthink this way too much. But Octavia had it bad, so very bad. Not that others haven't had it bad either but taking Octavia's entire history... adding it all up... it's incredible she's not either dead or a complete psychopath without any remorse at this point. She is neither. Last night reaffirmed my belief that the Dark Year broke her, and Abby for me is the one largely at fault for what happened. I just can't ignore the mental aspect of Octavia. She's been through hell and back and what she endured in that Bunker during the Dark Year obviously changed her and it goes without saying her behavior and choices after this time period would reflect that Dark Year. She's not going to suddenly "snap out of it" and mentally behave in a sound way. That's not how psychology works. I'm actually impressed that Jason was accurate with the continuity.

But yes, agree with what you guys are saying, along with Fuzzy too, concerning Octavia. I just can't ignore the psychology angle. It flows through my veins as a Clinical Psychologist. I hope Octavia recovers and reunites with her brother eventually, Indra too. Deep down both Bellamy and Indra still love her. Hope these relationships can pick up the pieces and get stronger again in time. I can't wait for Bellamy to find out from Clarke (hopefully) what his sister endured. I think that's when the healing begins for this sibling dynamic.