Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just hate student/teacher relationships. I think it would have been easier for me if she were in college and he was like her TA or something. But, nope gross.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I was an Ezria apologist for a long time. That was when I thought that he didn't know she was a high school student (much less his high school student) when they began their relationship. Once it was revealed that he knew who she was the whole time, I couldn't get over seeing him as a sexual predator who seduced an underage teenage girl for basically nefarious purposes. The fact that he developed real feelings for her doesn't matter to me much anymore. They are forever tainted in a way that makes it impossible for me to enjoy them as a couple, no matter what happens in these last few episodes. I make no bones about it: I'm watching to see if Spoby end up together. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Saying that the fans of the ships will like the way the last 10 play out is fine and dandy, but I'll believe it when I see it. Not that long ago The 100 writers were being reassuring about Clexa, and we all know how that turned out.
I wonder if you'd still feel the same way if you watched the entire series. You know me, I'm usually very black and white about this sort of thing. But as a faithful watcher of the entire series and understanding Aria as a character and even Ezra as a character I softened. In a weird way, for me, the true crime novel reasoning actually helped me understand his motives. I can't really explain it. I just know that I softened, I've watched the entire series, so I have seen both characters individually and together, and I definitely feel Aria is a better person with Ezra. I do believe in their love. Again, this is coming from someone who has seen every episode millions of times, so watching the story unfold and noticing every moment has caused me to feel this way. Maybe you'd feel this way too if you watched the entire series? Maybe not. But trust me, if I feel this way, I think that says something about there being some hope. LOL
Old 04-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I was just watching the end of Good Morning America and the characters from PLL were on. They were asked to summarize the series finale in a few words and here is what they said...

Game changing
Shocking
Romantic
A tribute to the fans

Allison says that she is pleased with how her character ends. So...I guess she's not a bad guy.
Oh they were on? Damn I missed it!

Love their responses.

Oh Betty, it's 100% certain Alison is reformed and there's no twists coming regarding Ali. That's a given.

FF marathon starting now!

Last edited by jediwands; 04-18-2017 at 09:46 PM
Old 04-18-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
So he kind of decided to get close to Alison's friends so that he could gather information about her going missing?
Initially, yes.

Quote:
To be honest for me my problem would be more about the fact that he tried to use than his age. I have some problem with stories like that. I guess I wouldn't hate the couple, but it wouldn't be my favorite one either.

It's normal for her parents to react this way .

To be honest for me it's more important the fact that he wanted to use than whether he had sex with her or not. It's good that they didn't have sex though.

Makes sense . I think that I would have had similar reaction had I watched the show.
What actually happens is Ezra is a great help to the Liars regarding A. Once everything is worked out he gives them all of his research and things he found out so they could all put it together and use it to help solve some mysteries. He also risked his life to save all of them. He follows who he thinks is A at the time and she was about to kill all of them. He jumps in front and she shoots him and he nearly dies.

I was reading my words above and it sounds really bad superficially and from the outside. I really wonder how everyone would feel if you watched it all unfold because like I said you know me, I'm usually very black-and-white about this sort of thing. But I softened based on how everything evolves. He becomes very good friends with the Liars, especially Spencer. They all love him like a brother now.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tyler is such a sap regarding Haleb...

Ashley and Tyler seem closer than ever, too:

Old 04-18-2017, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
What actually happens is Ezra is a great help to the Liars regarding A. Once everything is worked out he gives them all of his research and things he found out so they could all put it together and use it to help solve some mysteries. He also risked his life to save all of them. He follows who he thinks is A at the time and she was about to kill all of them. He jumps in front and she shoots him and he nearly dies.
That's good! That redeems him a bit.

Quote:
I was reading my words above and it sounds really bad superficially and from the outside. I really wonder how everyone would feel if you watched it all unfold because like I said you know me, I'm usually very black-and-white about this sort of thing. But I softened based on how everything evolves. He becomes very good friends with the Liars, especially Spencer. They all love him like a brother now.
I think that it helped that the story span through few years. Like it did not happen all at once. Plus I agree with you - in most cases you would not like couple like that. That's why I think in the end I would have been like you - not hate them, but also not considering them the best couple out there.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's good! That redeems him a bit.

I think that it helped that the story span through few years. Like it did not happen all at once. Plus I agree with you - in most cases you would not like couple like that. That's why I think in the end I would have been like you - not hate them, but also not considering them the best couple out there.
Exactly.

I think it's easy for people to say I hate this or that and stopped watching but haven't completed the entire story to see how things evolve. It doesn't mean they'd big time change their minds but so much has happened since the reveals. It's like night and day now actually so to evaluate something that took place ten years ago without taking into account everything else that has happened since is kind of inaccurate. We have Aria's parents, especially her mother, absolutely adoring Ezra. Aria's mom is played by Holly Marie Combs, she's really good as Aria's mom, Ella. But yes, so much has happened... we are talking years and years later (literally almost a decade later) and so much has changed. It lifted my hate and while I don't ship I have gotten to a place where I can enjoy some of their moments. For example, during these last ten episodes there's a triangle between Aria/Ezra/Nicole that needs sorted. I mentioned he thought Nicole died in South America since she was captured by terrorists, never to be heard from again for several years during the time jump. She was even declared dead. Well, she survived and has returned. Even if I don't diehard ship Aria/Ezra, I understand how much Aria loves him and how they do work as a couple. They were about to go on a book tour together, they are both writers. They got engaged and now the Nicole thing transpired. So I'm going to want what Aria wants. She's one of the Liars and I care about the character. I don't want her miserable, I want her happy. Again, I can say this because of the journey.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-18-2017 at 09:42 AM
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I wonder if you'd still feel the same way if you watched the entire series. You know me, I'm usually very black and white about this sort of thing. But as a faithful watcher of the entire series and understanding Aria as a character and even Ezra as a character I softened.
I totally agree with this. I believe that most viewer softened regarding Ezra and Aria, but you really have to watch the entire series before making an opinion, because things really did change regarding those two and especially with Ezra's characters and the girls.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I totally agree with this. I believe that most viewer softened regarding Ezra and Aria, but you really have to watch the entire series before making an opinion, because things really did change regarding those two and especially with Ezra's characters and the girls.
Exactly.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Less than 5 hours!

7x11 Playtime
April 18, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Spencer focuses on learning more about her connection to Mary Drake, while Aria and Ezra figure out what their future may hold now that Nicole is back in the picture. Mona helps Hanna get her fashion career back on track, and Emily struggles to balance things between Ali and Paige now that the three of them are working at Rosewood High. Meanwhile, A.D. has a special delivery for the Liars, one that reveals the final endgame. The Liars realize this latest gift pushes things to a whole new level.

PROMO!
Old 04-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Looks interesting.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Definitely looks interesting. I've always been intrigued by this subject area.

One hour before the premiere of the last season of PLL!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Michelle how was the premiere of the last season of PLL? I hope that you enjoyed it!

My Disney show started. I am not sure why but it seems like they aired 5 episodes on Monday. So I had like 5 episodes to watch Monday evening . Luckily for now my Internet connection is kind of OK so I can watch them.

Otherwise as typical teen soap operish TV show they kind of broke up the main couple in the second episode. The guy decided to break up with the girl to protect her from something (unclear). What I am glad is that the girl was sad for a while (like 3 episodes) and then she decided to forget about him and move forward. Obviously it won't happen . However I think that this is a good message for the teens watching the show. That's the correct reaction.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle how was the premiere of the last season of PLL? I hope that you enjoyed it!

My Disney show started. I am not sure why but it seems like they aired 5 episodes on Monday. So I had like 5 episodes to watch Monday evening . Luckily for now my Internet connection is kind of OK so I can watch them.

Otherwise as typical teen soap operish TV show they kind of broke up the main couple in the second episode. The guy decided to break up with the girl to protect her from something (unclear). What I am glad is that the girl was sad for a while (like 3 episodes) and then she decided to forget about him and move forward. Obviously it won't happen . However I think that this is a good message for the teens watching the show. That's the correct reaction.
I loved it! Thoughts (long lol) coming very soon. Almost done.

Oh, cool that your series is back! Sucks that they broke up (no doubt, temporarily) but you're right, that's a great teen message showing the girl attempting to move on.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread