Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Prepare to be happy Michelle!

I'll put this in spoilers just in case.

That's fantastic news!! You made two girls happy!
Old 04-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's fantastic news!! You made two girls happy!
Something has been missing this entire season and that would be...

Spoiler:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Looks interesting. I liked the movie a lot. This looks to be different though.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love Stephen King so automatically I'm intrigued.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 04-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Wynona Earp (which I think is only watched by me on this board) is back for a second season, and I'm pleasantly surprised. This show is the home of the couple that has my favorite shipper name, WayHaught (pronounce way hot), who are co-incidentally the ones in my avatar.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Congrats on the renewal! Yes I wasn't aware of this series. Looks good.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Excellent tribute to Carrie Fisher from Star Wars Celebration 2017.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ That's sweet.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Riverdale 1.10 The Lost Weekend

This show keeps getting better and better. It's not remotely in the same category as other teen shows. There's something so unique about this series.

I liked how this episode demonstrated Archie's slow progression to a downward spiral thanks to alcohol setting the stage. Great job by the actor pulling it off. It was good stuff. Archie collapsing on his bed was very real and eye opening. The colors shifting and the spinning of the room showed Archie's state of mind perfectly, like he was in a delirious state.

I can relate to Jughead so much with his severe introversion and outsider personality. I am less obvious about it than Jug but oh man can I relate to how he feels. Betty tried so hard to give him the perfect birthday. It wasn't her fault that Cheryl, Chuck and company crashed the party. Although I really wish Archie would have slammed the door in their faces. Still, Betty had no idea those creeps would show up. She tried. My heart went out to both Jughead and Betty when they had a fight.

Betty: Why are you getting so upset? It's just a party, Jug.
Jughead: It's not just a party. It's the fact that you don't know, or even care, that this is the last thing I would want. You did this for you to prove something.
Betty: To prove what?
Jughead: You're a great girlfriend? I don't know. Doesn't it ever occur to you how different we are, like on a cellular DNA level? You're a straight-A student, a cheerleader. For God sakes, you're the perfect girl-next-door.
Betty: I hate that word.
Jughead: I'm the damaged, loner outsider from the wrong side of tracks. Betty, come on, who are we kidding?! We're on borrowed time.

I seriously loved them even more while they were fighting.

Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse have great chemistry together. Their chemistry is not showy, in your face... it's very real, soft, and natural. I love it so much. The tender moments they share together are sweet, and while Jughead was right objectively, the fact that they're so different is still a massive reason as to why they work. They are so great together. I hope they stick because their realness with that amazing chemistry is such a stable force on the show.

Lili Reinhart has a beautiful voice. However, when Betty was singing to Jughead you could directly parallel her need to be perfect/in control as it tied into her realness/darkness. Her eyes looked glazed over, not that I care about that since Lili's eyes = breathtaking in color... but definitely something seemed off during that moment. She really was in "determined to make this perfect" mode.

I loved the Betty/Jughead diner scene when Betty showed Jughead her hands and Jughead didn't have his hat on. They revealed to each other their faults and fears so perfectly. Chemistry was amazing! Seriously, this pairing is special and rare. You never see such a rare pairing on TV.

Hated seeing Cheryl team up with Chuck... why? Only because Veronica and Betty "defeated" her at school while dancing? Lame. Cheryl, remember what Chuck is all about? Stupid move. Why Ethel has forgiven him is beyond me. FP Jones did the right thing throwing him out. I loved when he took control and did right for his son and his friends. Chuck didn't need to admit Betty's state during the interrogation with Veronica. He's a sick prick, clearly loving to dominate women. I LOVED when Betty slapped him across the face and Jughead got in a punch too. Sweet.

I also loved when FP Jones instructed Jughead to get back in there and make things right with Betty. He was in father mode during that scene and it was so nice to see. He knew what his son needed and he helped him get there.

Loved this:

Veronica: Exactly. But did you love him maybe in ways a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think it was strange, unnatural. So he chose Polly over you, so you shot him between the eyes with one of your father's many hunting rifles.
Kevin: This is riveting. I. Can't. Breathe.

I was glad Veronica announced the weirdness that is Cheryl's feelings for her deceased brother.

I still love Valerie and she was 100% justified dumping Archie and remaining icy with him at the party... yet, I don't get why she was at his house. He was idiotic all drunk trying to get her to forgive him but maybe she shouldn't have attended a party he was hosting then, lol. That was kind of weird.

I have to say, I was waiting to see how I'd feel about Archie and Veronica. I liked their romantic moments in this one. I hope they only made out and didn't have sex. I don't think they did because Archie was on the floor when she woke up. I also loved the Veronica/Jughead exchange when Veronica came downstairs and the Jughead/Archie interaction about Veronica too. I do like Archie/Veronica together. Someone mentioned the comics have always been about Betty chasing Archie, Archie chasing Veronica, and Veronica chasing no one. Archie going to Betty only when Veronica is rejecting him. Then there's the special friendship/mild romance between Betty and Jughead in the comics. Betty is the only girl Jughead ever considered. To be honest, the showrunner is closely following the comics with the probable two main pairings in Betty/Jughead and Veronica/Archie. I kind of hope these pairings remain on the show since it does mostly honor the comics and even putting the comics aside, I really like both pairings. I love Betty/Jughead and Veronica/Archie are growing on me. Of course, my favorite dynamic is Betty/Veronica but if all three function strongly throughout the series I'm good.

I felt sorry for Veronica when her dad basically blackmailed her to say good stuff about him. Glad the pearls showed back up even if it was only because she helped him. I do believe Hermione is overall a good person.

Like I said above, Archie hitting the bottle over his parents finalizing their divorce made sense. Both Veronica and Archie are struggling with major parent issues. It makes sense they'd be drawn to each other. However, there's been foreshadowing for a while now that Archie/Veronica would get together.

The one thing I didn't like though was Veronica going to Betty the next morning and behaving like she's guilty for kissing/sleeping in Archie's room with him. She better tell Betty about romantic moments with Archie. First off, she has nothing to feel guilty over. It's also clear Betty is fully 100% content with Jughead. Things have changed. Betty and Veronica better communicate and not allow secrets and lies to get in the way of their friendship.

Glad Veronica has decided to join them with the murder mystery. The way she figured out what happened with the Blossoms and her father has me seriously convinced she's going to be a great addition to the Betty/Jughead detective team.

Alice is Nancy Drew as well. I loved the scenes of Alice with the binoculars and her confronting FP Jones. She knows something is going on. Great reveal that she was a Serpent too. I bet she's going to reveal before anyone that Kevin is being used for information.

Hello, Molly Ringwald! Archie is going to be really twisted over her return, especially since he chose his dad over his mom to live with two years ago. Cheryl psychologically broke down why Archie went for his teacher though... I do think it was mom issues.

- Hermione refers to Clifford Blossom as a "wig-wearing monster" and in the preview we see that he does, in fact, have a room full of wigs. Hmm.

- F.P.'s claim that "these kids are more on the ball than the sheriff" is actually bang on.

- "Dilton Doiley's a psychopath. Everybody knows that."

- Ethel gave Jughead a slice of his (hamburger-shaped) birthday cake. Fun nod to Big Ethel having a massive crush on him in the comics.

- Loved the crown sweater that Betty wore to Jughead's surprise party.

Great episode, it might be my favorite one yet. So glad I decided to give this series a try. Also, I appreciate that it's not a typical teen show, not even close.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-14-2017 at 09:53 AM
Old 04-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I agree so much about Betty/Jughead. I didn't expect to love them so much, but I really felt for them. Even though I thought what Jughead said was a little harsh, I understood that it was coming from a place of raw vulnerability. I love their chemistry very much. There is just something beautiful about them.

I also felt Archie/Veronica for the first time since the pilot. Their chemistry really did shine through. I wish they had Archie focused less on the music and more on family and friendships because I think that is where he excels. I am curious to see what happens next now that his mother is in town.

All I got say about FP--give me more. I just adore skeet and this role is really working for him. He is definitely shady but he is my favorite parent right now because he is so interesting. I am also sorta shipping Alice/FP can't help it---that CHEM! And she's from the southside!

Cheryl can rot in hell.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome. Christmas can't come fast enough.

Last edited by The Crow; 04-14-2017 at 12:23 PM
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I agree so much about Betty/Jughead. I didn't expect to love them so much, but I really felt for them. Even though I thought what Jughead said was a little harsh, I understood that it was coming from a place of raw vulnerability. I love their chemistry very much. There is just something beautiful about them.
Totally agree. I said I was bipolar about shipping but not anymore. I mean, I've liked Betty/Jughead from day 1 of course but I've been trying to protect myself from falling too hard because I assumed they'd go other routes anyway. However, I just can't help it anymore. Betty/Jughead are the best romantic pairing of this show and it's not even close. They are not a typical teen couple. The chemistry between the actors is off the charts. The characters just FIT. We keep seeing that but in last night's episode we also saw them fight and how the fighting even benefited them all the more. What Jughead said was definitely blunt but what I loved about it was while Betty was hurt (she was mostly hurt about him acting like they won't last, not so much about him being pissed over the party) but she was still strong and understood even if she wanted to strangle him over the Archie comment. Some people didn't like her silence, maybe showing he was right. Just the opposite! Her silence all the more indicated she thought Jughead was off his rocker and thus, she didn't need to explain or tell him he was wrong because he so clearly was incorrect and he should know that given everything they've been through. I just love these two. Even Skeet ships it, LOL.

Quote:
I also felt Archie/Veronica for the first time since the pilot. Their chemistry really did shine through. I wish they had Archie focused less on the music and more on family and friendships because I think that is where he excels. I am curious to see what happens next now that his mother is in town.
Definitely. I like him so much more when it's about family and friends over music or anything else that takes him away from the others as he goes on this self absorbed tangent. Truth is, Archie's not really self absorbed but the writing has made him like that. However, get him around friends and family and he's pretty selfless. He's been great with the Betty/Jughead thing, even helping their relationship, he stuck up for Betty when Chuck was being a dick, he helped with the party, he was there for Veronica. Yes, initially I thought maybe Archie and Veronica slept together but I really don't think so. They wouldn't have woken up in separate sleeping areas. I love that there's an emotional connection to Archie/Veronica too. They don't just want to jump each other. I really like them. Like I said if you go by the comics, the showrunner is essentially putting the right pairings together and I like that too. I would love it if he just keeps it Archie/Veronica and Jughead/Betty from this point forward. It works!

Quote:
All I got say about FP--give me more. I just adore skeet and this role is really working for him. He is definitely shady but he is my favorite parent right now because he is so interesting. I am also sorta shipping Alice/FP can't help it---that CHEM! And she's from the southside!
Me too! I almost wanted them to kiss when they had their first interaction, Alice/FP. I would love seeing them get together! Skeet, I just love this guy. He's going to be hot at age 80, I swear. He's so pretty to look at, not to mention a damn good actor. Need more of him as a father and hopefully significant other to Alice.

Quote:
Cheryl can rot in hell.
I keep trying to give her a break but I can't in this one. She was an evil witch.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Me too! I almost wanted them to kiss when they had their first interaction, Alice/FP. I would love seeing them get together! Skeet, I just love this guy. He's going to be hot at age 80, I swear. He's so pretty to look at, not to mention a damn good actor. Need more of him as a father and hopefully significant other to Alice.
Well I am biased cause I've loved Skeet since I was teen, but damn he looks good still. You should watch magic of ordinary days. I think its on youtube.

I was totally not expecting them to spark like that but seriously I hope they do something and I really would love Skeet to be a regular next season. He def adds something to the show.

I usually don't like the bitch with the heart of gold trope, but she doesn't have a heart. Like I don't even feel sorry for her cause she is just a miserable human being.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Well I am biased cause I've loved Skeet since I was teen, but damn he looks good still. You should watch magic of ordinary days. I think its on youtube.

I was totally not expecting them to spark like that but seriously I hope they do something and I really would love Skeet to be a regular next season. He def adds something to the show.

I usually don't like the bitch with the heart of gold trope, but she doesn't have a heart. Like I don't even feel sorry for her cause she is just a miserable human being.
I'll check it out. I've loved him since Scream and followed him ever since.

He definitely needs to be a regular. He shines in this part. Love the chemistry between Cole and Skeet.

Yes, we haven't really seen anything human coming from Cheryl. I've been waiting for it. It can't all be blamed on her parents at this point. Jughead has had it rough, so has Betty, and Veronica too. All three are decent and don't act like Cheryl. Enough's enough.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread