Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ah, good deal. They probably wrapped up the filming then. I also always want to say Colorado instead of Utah. Totally agree about NYC and the cold.. Being an Ohio native, I know all about the cold. I also spend some time in the Twin Cities/Minnesota, and those people definitely know about cold weather. LOL Also, I bet with the overdosage of people circling the streets in NYC, he probably did catch something while being in close proximity to so many people. I'm sure the poor guy also has to high tail it back to Utah for filming.. I don't think there's anything worse than being sick and having to travel, especially by plane.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
"I can only guess that she'll continue to go through boys like toilet paper."
Sounds like more hapless souls are going to suffer everwood. (I know, I know, I can hear you moaning across the keyboard)
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 02-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Gregory [Smith] is in total denial about:
"His driving? He is the worst driver, I swear, especially in the snow which is kind of odd considering he is from Canada."
Hey he's from Vancouver and we really don't get much, if any, snow. Maybe once or twice a winter and then only a couple of centimetres. We just get rain.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Lifted from today's Ask Ausiello at www.tvguide.com:
Quote:
Question: Got Everwood scoop? — Anita K.

Ausiello: Words cannot express how much I'm loving this show right now. It kills me that more people aren't watching it. The relationship between Andy and Amanda — that's Treat Williams and Anne Heche to you — is one of the most complex, smartly scripted, best-performed adult romances on the tube right now. In a perfect world, last Monday's episode, in which we got a glimpse into Amanda's troubled marriage, would net Emmy nods for Williams, Heche and writer Barbie Kligman. Unfortunately, ex-Celestia just landed a sitcom deal with WB so she's not long for Andy's world. [edited for spoilers...check out the site if you really want to know]
I guess I'm just not watching the show the way other people are, but I couldn't wait for A/A to end. I do agree that the writing was great though. Barbie Kligman does Jack & Bobby *coughwatchitcough* too, and does such great work. She wrote the Since You've Been Gone ep.
Quote:
Question: I think Scott Wolf is great on Everwood! How long will he be sticking around? I thought I heard something about a "one-year commitment?" — Allison

Ausiello: I agree: Bailey, er, Scott has been a fantastic addition. And the producers apparently agree: His one-year commitment has just been extended to two. Hallelujah!
Say what? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one. Any thoughts?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Another year for Wolf? Bleh. How about they give Delia, Nina, or hell Irv a little screen time again. Maybe they ditched Laynie but how about a progress report on how Mr and Mrs Hart are doing?

Good side abut the hiatus. I can watch 24 as it airs instead of having to tivo it.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 02-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The relationship between Andy and Amanda is one of the most complex, smartly scripted, best-performed adult romances on the tube right now.
ITA. I think they were written as a very complex relationship. And I'm also glad Jake gets another year in Everwood. He hasn't been given much, but I know he could take control of the role, when the writers give him a good arch.

In Re: to getting a glimpse into the Harts. I think that arch has officially ended. I would not want to see that come back. That's why Laynie is gone, the story is over with them. It's plain and simple. And as for Nina, Delia, Irv getting more screen time, yeah, it would be nice, but I think the writers need to find a way to give almost everyone some sort of screen time. So far it seems like sometimes we never hear from some characters anymore, which is dissapointing.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 02-16-2005 at 12:37 PM
Old 02-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, Candace, for bringing that over.

I will admit that the writing/acting of A/A was well done, but I still absolutely despised this storyline and I was one happy camper once they ended things this past episode.

RE: Scott Wolf staying.. Yes, his dimples are adorable and while I like Jake for the most part, I could have certainly been just fine with Jake leaving after season 3. What will be his purpose for season 4? A roadblock until the inevitable Andy/Nina romance? After that, and even that does nothing for me, what else does he got? I don't see much more of a story to tell, unlike how Hannah's story seems to be just beginning. Unless Jake has some secrets to reveal next season that we are unaware of (Scott basically said that Jake was diabolical so we might just see that next year), I don't see that much left for Jake.. We'll see I guess.

I also agree that I would much rather see more Delia, Nina and Irv (where the hell has he been?), and even see an increase of the main core of characters screentime (E/A, Andy/Harold.. I'll even throw Bright in here because the lack of Chris Pratt on the screen disgusts me), before seeing more Jake.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-17-2005 at 01:42 AM
Old 02-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oops, I missed one question from AA, that mentions our Everwood men. www.tvguide.com
Quote:
Question: Thanks for answering my question last week about the Emmy-worthy actresses you're campaigning for. I totally agree with your picks. Now how about telling me which actors you think have done an exceptional job this season? — Bethany

Ausiello: Oh, where to begin... I know — Zach Braff! Other Emmy-worthy males include Braff's Scrubs costars John C. McGinley and Donald Faison, House's Hugh Laurie, Lost's Matthew Fox, Dominic Monaghan and Terry O'Quinn, Everwood's Treat Williams and Gregory Smith, 24's Louis Lombardi (aka Edgar Stiles) and all the guys from Arrested Development.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

YAY! Thanks so much for bringing that over, Candace.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

No prob. I'm glad that the show is getting more and more mentions every week. In regards to the ratings not being as great as they should be, I'll quote Jessica Walter, who was talking about Arrested Development's current ratings problem, but I think it definitely applies to both shows:
Quote:
"I think it's awful that art or creative entertainment is made for some formula of Nielsen ratings, and I don't buy into that," she said. "I'd rather be on something good watched by one million people than something awful watched by 20 million."
ETA: To change the author of the quote, who was actually Jessica Walter and not Greg Berlanti...They were both in the same article and I got mixed up.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 02-18-2005 at 08:03 PM
Old 02-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

That the actress from "Arrested Development". I love that show. It is so true!

kenny | credit
Old 02-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Whoops, so it is. Lordy, I need my eyes checked again. It was Jessica Walter.

ETA: To make up for my misinformation, I just found out that the WB11 Morning News is doing a behind-the-scenes segment of the Everwood set on Monday. I guess this is to make up for Greg's missed interview. I hope those who can watch it will be able to report back.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 02-18-2005 at 02:37 PM
Old 02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Addicted Fan

candace- i really like that quote you had by berlanti. I agree with him though so many shows are crap but are somehow popular.
-maria
Old 02-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, I agree. Candace, I love that quote. So true!

It amazes me how two quality shows, and I mean, QUALITY shows like Everwood and J&B barely ever get mentions, and as far as I'm concerned, EVC and Tom Amandes should have a couple Emmy's by now, and yet, both shows are off the radar when compared to other shows that are certainly not nearly as good as these two shows.

For example, lets compare Everwood to The O.C... Now, while I faithfully watch The O.C, and I think that Adam Brody is simply delightful.. However, if you go by the quality, PURE QUALITY in the writing, acting, overall storytelling, cast chemistry, etc.. Everwood is the runaway winner. And yet, what show gets all the talk, all the buzz, bigger ratings because it happens to be on Fox, has Hollywood's "IT" girl plastered all over every magazine? That would be The O.C. And yet, the show that should really be pimped if you go with true quality would be Everwood. But politics will always be front and center and sometimes the very best always comes up last.. Sucks but that's the way it is, I suppose.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just edited my post to fix my error:
To change the author of the quote, who was actually Jessica Walter and not Greg Berlanti...They were both in the same article and I got mixed up.

The quote is true though. I feel like I gain something from watching both shows as opposed to when I watch The O.C. and just get to laugh at how ridiculous Seth can be. I had it on in the background yesterday, I just couldn't bother. With Everwood and Jack & Bobby, I have to drop everything to watch, because I miss the message otherwise. I'm glad that the writing has remained top-notch on both shows despite the fear earlier that the attention on J&B might detract from the quality of Everwood. Great balancing act, if I ever saw one.