Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

I thought they were partners. I guess I was mistaken. But, you know what Im saying. They didn't cut the show when it needed to be. It dragged on and tainted the appeal of the show. I just don't want that to happen with Everwood. I hope they know when it's time.

kenny | credit
Old 02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh, I totally hear you, ALLSTAR. That show should have ended after season 4, in my opinion. Season 5 was terrible and season 6 wasn't that great. They definitely held on for too long. Even Josh Jackson stated in an interview that he thought they should have ended the show after season 4.

Everwood is too brilliant of a show to go with the quantity over quality. Berlanti better pull the plug whenever his story is told and not ramble on for no apparent reason. Very true, ALLSTAR.. I certainly don't want to see what happened on Creek, happen on Everwood. I even think with Everwood being a better quality show than Creek, going for longer time would be much more noticeable on Everwood over Creek because you would notice the drop in quality all the more.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

This is true, Wilpen.

So far I don't see any signs of a slump. No "jump the shark" moments. At first I thought the Madison pregnancy, but it all kind of plays into the overall arch. So, in the end I realized it was integral in showing the future of Ephram and Everwood. This season had some slow starts but still is a watchable show o TV, and there aren't many at the moment that don't involve desert islands and suburban housewives. I love DH and Lost, but Everwood is such a simple, down-to-earth, very relatable show that it will always be like a "Security blanket" in that I can always count on it. There's nothing quite like this show on TV. Even J&B, another favorite of mine, it's nowhere near as gripping/powerful as Everwood.

kenny | credit
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I thought the same thing about the Madison pregnancy. Initially, I thought they were reaching for straws and came up with this storyline. Now, after thinking about it, and for as much as I probably will strongly dislike seeing this storyline unfold, I believe this storyline fits right in with a solid purpose that maybe right now we can't fully understand, but will all make sense once it unfolds on the screen. I definitely agree that this storyline is an integral part of the story.

Quote:
Everwood is such a simple, down-to-earth, very relatable show that it will always be like a "Security blanket" in that I can always count on it. There's nothing quite like this show on TV.
Perfect description and exactly why I love this show so very much. The one thing that I feel like this show stands alone and above all others is the acting.. I mean, Greg and Emily? Is there honestly a better young actor/actress out there? They are both so compelling and filled with amazing talent. Treat and Tom are also absolutely phenomenal. For that matter, the entire cast is incredibly talented. Even the guest stars like Anne Heche and Sarah Drew (although, Sarah is now pretty much a regular) are all about talent. In fact, the chemistry of this entire cast is something you rarely ever see. Seriously, pick a combo of characters (E/A, Andy/Ephram, Harold/Amy, Bright/Hannah, etc) and the chemistry is so powerful and captivating. You never see this unique situation.

Yes, Everwood is definitely in a category of its own. Simply amazing.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-11-2005 at 05:33 AM
Old 02-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

I especially love Dr. Abbott (Tom Amandes) he is my favorite character. His attitude and persona. His quirkiness and ignorance. It's just a great character.

The cast is great. What more can you say. And I would argue there the best on any tv right now. They click. They feel like they've known eachother for decades then years. It shows. The teenagers though, I think are done just right, w/o making them seem too bitchy, horny, etc. Emily had an amazing story arch last season, that I think she did much better then when The O.C. had Marissa (Mischa Barton) become clinically depressed. With Emily, she kind of let her guard down. It's one of the reasons "Family Dynamics" is one of my favorite episodes. The scene with her family arguing over her, and she got up and told them what was going on, and it was so powerful. The entire arch surprised me and was amazing. I cannot wait til S2 comes out so I can rewatch those beautiful works of art.

kenny | credit
Old 02-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I certainly love Hannah, and I don't have anything in particular against Jake (so far), but I'm concerned that the cast is getting too large. It can only continue the trend toward reduced screen time for some favorite characters. Irv has practically disappeared, Edna's appearances have been sporadic, as have Delia's. Dr. Brown has had plenty of screen time, but almost all of it in reference to Amanda-geddon. His medical practice, which has always brought drama and humor, has almost disappeared. This is the one thing that worries me regarding the ability to sustain the show's quality for several more years; adding cast members is sometimes a sign that the writers are running out of ideas for the original characters. Since those characters are why we fell in love with the show, this could be a bad omen.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

ALLSTAR, I love Tom also. OMG, he is brilliant. The subtle things that Tom has integrated with Harold cannot be taught in acting school. He is so filled with talent. If he ever left the show early, it would be nose dive city for the show. He is just brilliant.

I also agree that EVC's depression storyline in season 2 was picture perfect. It amazes me with huge irritation how this girl has not only never won an Emmy, but hasn't even been nominated. That's just insane. She is simply the best young actress out there. I love The O.C., and while Mischa can be a decent actress (whenever she puts effort into it), she couldn't hold a candle with Marissa's depression compared to Emily's perfect portrayal of Amy's depression.

MAKRO, I share your concerns about the adding characters bit. I agree that this could be a sign of trouble. However, I think with Bright, they really knew that they desperately needed to get him serious with someone, and all signs point to Hannah being the perfect solution. With Jake, I'm not too sure what his purpose is just yet. I also agree that the bigger number of guest characters is certainly going to take away from the core characters, and this certainly has showed to be true this season with Irv being MIA, not even enough E/A in my opinion, being that this couple is way too popular to be pulled aside and not shown in favor of Amanda and A/A dominating our screen. I'm not just saying this about E/A because I love this couple.. If you look at all the boards and study general comments, a constant theme seems to be not enough E/A scenes per episode this season. But yes, I definitely have reservations about how the new add ons will affect the main core of this show. I just hope that they remember what this show has always been about.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

ITA w/ MARKO. I think what they tend to do is bring in 203 people and interact them with main characters, deferring from the other stars. It happened in S2 with Madison, Linda, & Tommy. And now with Jake, Hannha, & Amanda. It seems like a formula. But, what I also noticed was every year the people they add to the cast, were regular players from the prior year, that were pretty much regulars, but not part of the cast. S2: Nina, S3: Rose. But ... that kills them, because there screentime has both gotten reduced since they've been added. Especially Nina in S2, who was non-existent.

WILPEN - Mischa can't hold a candle to Emily's acting. and The OC to Everwood.

kenny | credit
Old 02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
WILPEN - Mischa can't hold a candle to Emily's acting. and The OC to Everwood.
Amen.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

from thewb.com

Quote:
Emily VanCamp interview:

'Some girls just don't get Gregory!'

Portraying Amy Abbott has taught me:
"How to deal with traumatic experiences. She's gone through so many things I've never had to deal with such as a huge depression. This season, I think she's really going to surprise people. She has definitely blown things out of proportion in the past and I am happy to say, she's experiencing a new level of maturity which is a very cool thing for me as an actor to take on."

Living in Utah is:
"Very cool. We've all been able to connect like a family because we are away from everything. It's a blessing in disguise not to have to be a young actor in Hollywood. It helps me to stay grounded."

If you're crushing on my co-star, you should know:
"Gregory has a very dry sense of humor. He's incredibly smart. Some girls really don't get it. It's fun to watch. He will say these really funny things and it passes right over most girls' heads."

Life on the set of Everwood is:
"Not what people expect. We're kind of boring actually."

The word on Amy's love life:
"I can only guess that she'll continue to go through boys like toilet paper."

My dream date would be:
"I definitely lean more toward the sensible type of guy."

Gregory [Smith] is in total denial about:
"His driving? He is the worst driver, I swear, especially in the snow which is kind of odd considering he is from Canada."
Old 02-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

"I can only guess that she'll continue to go through boys like toilet paper."

That is a great quote!

kenny | credit
Old 02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I like that too, but I hope she is really only guessing, being an E/A fan. I know they are bound to break up at least once during the rest of the shows run. However, what matters is if they are standing together in the end.

But yeah, her quote was quite funny. If you think about it, Amy has never really been without a boyfriend. She was with Colin and then exchanged a few kisses with Ephram while Colin was in a coma.. Then back with Colin while still carrying a torch for Ephram.. Then Tommy.. Then Ephram shortly after that and we are at the present..

So, she has been quite busy with guys since the moment she was able to date! LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

Thanks for bringing that Emily interview over. I always enjoy reading or hearing what she has to say. What a darling!

OK, so some sad, but not disastrous, news from www.wb11.com:
Quote:
We Apologize For Not Having Greg Smith This Morning
We know many of you were waiting to see Everwood's Gregory Smith on our Morning News on Monday, unfortunately, Gregory, who was in New York shooting scenes for Everwood, unexpectedly fell ill and was unable to make our show. Of course, we're trying arrange another appearance, and we'll let you know as soon as we know. Thank you all for your understanding, and most importantly, Greg, feel better!
I just wanted to post this so that we could send some positive energy Greg's way. I hope he feels better soon too!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks so much, Candace, for posting that. Yes, I was meaning to check out that interview. Poor Greg. I hope that it's only a minor illness and not something serious. With the colds/flu bugs that are going around everywhere, my guess is he caught one of the many viruses that are spreading around. I wonder if there was a delay in filming in NYC due to Greg getting sick?
Old 02-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

You're welcome. Supposedly filming was finished yesterday, so no delays, unless he got sick then. I hope he feels better by the time he has to film whatever's necessary back in Utah (I keep wanting to type Colorado ) NYC is not a place you want to get sick. I can just imagine how cold it is there right now. Feel better Greg!