Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Originally Posted by Betty
Quote:
They weren't given enough scenes where physical affection was warranted. Most of the opportunities that they did have were disappointing. When Amy found out that Ephram wrote her a love letter and then Ephram told Amy that he loved her.... What did we get? A peck.

I just want to clarify which scene I mean here. This took place outside school....Amy and Ephram were eating lunch...Hannah comes over to show them the story she wrote.

Quote:
[Ephram is looking at the story and looks at Hannah. Hannah smiles at him and walks away.]

AMY: (CONT'D) (reading) This, uh, seems awfully familiar. Especially the girl. (continues to read story) Is this about us?

EPHRAM: I think it is. Yeah.

AMY: (reads some more) Did you really write me a love letter? When and why didn't you give it to me? And did you actually call it an addendum?

EPHRAM: I wanted to give it to you, I just... It didn't feel special enough. Especially after, y'know, your present.

AMY: Ephram...

EPHRAM: I wanted to plan our anniversary dinner when I knew that it was our anniversary and I wanted to be able to tell you that I loved you first. You steal my mojo.

AMY: You have so much mojo you don't even know. That's why you're so great, that's why...

EPHRAM: Don't.

[Amy puts her hand over her mouth.]

AMY: Sorry.

EPHRAM: I love you, Amy. You don't have to say it back this time, this one's all mine.

[Amy pulls Ephram into a peck on the lips.]

See!! The transcript even mentions the word PECK.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Originally Posted by Betty
Quote:
They weren't given enough scenes where physical affection was warranted. Most of the opportunities that they did have were disappointing. When Amy found out that Ephram wrote her a love letter and then Ephram told Amy that he loved her.... What did we get? A peck.

I just want to clarify which scene I mean here. This took place outside school....Amy and Ephram were eating lunch...Hannah comes over to show them the story she wrote.

Quote:
[Ephram is looking at the story and looks at Hannah. Hannah smiles at him and walks away.]

AMY: (CONT'D) (reading) This, uh, seems awfully familiar. Especially the girl. (continues to read story) Is this about us?

EPHRAM: I think it is. Yeah.

AMY: (reads some more) Did you really write me a love letter? When and why didn't you give it to me? And did you actually call it an addendum?

EPHRAM: I wanted to give it to you, I just... It didn't feel special enough. Especially after, y'know, your present.

AMY: Ephram...

EPHRAM: I wanted to plan our anniversary dinner when I knew that it was our anniversary and I wanted to be able to tell you that I loved you first. You steal my mojo.

AMY: You have so much mojo you don't even know. That's why you're so great, that's why...

EPHRAM: Don't.

[Amy puts her hand over her mouth.]

AMY: Sorry.

EPHRAM: I love you, Amy. You don't have to say it back this time, this one's all mine.

[Amy pulls Ephram into a peck on the lips.]

See!! The transcript even mentions the word PECK.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So many wonderful posts

I have to agree that if there's something I wish they would have done differently, was their physical affection. I remember we talked about this when S3 aired.

I find that this is something that writers tend to do sometimes. I have other couples that are in a stable relationship and they have little pecks on the lips. It can be annoying.

Laura|
Old 12-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Laura! We missed ya.

Quote:
I find that this is something that writers tend to do sometimes. I have other couples that are in a stable relationship and they have little pecks on the lips. It can be annoying.
Especially when the non-main relationships, like Tommy/Amy and Madison/Ephram, were more intimate. It's really weird. I don't know why writers do it. Maybe they think that they don't need to show that the couple is in love and intimate with their actions, and that we'll assume that they're doing more offscreen? Like, they're writing words for them that show that they're in love, and scenes for them to be in love, so they feel like they don't need to show the intimacy? It's stupid, though, because those small moments of just more kisses, more intimate kisses, waking up next to each other, those would be SO easy to put on television, you know? So, why not? It's frustrating.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
So many wonderful posts

I have to agree that if there's something I wish they would have done differently, was their physical affection. I remember we talked about this when S3 aired.
Very loudly, in fact, heh.

This topic was a significant headline in many posts in our episode discussion as well as the E/A thread, remember? Oh yeah, tons and tons of talk about this. Sadly, our discussions were not loud enough for Rina and Berlanti to hear in order for them to do something about this and that's my only regret.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I lurked back then and remember the big time outcry due to the lack of physical on screen affection for EA. I remember this so clearly, not just here, at other sites as well. And LMAO about Rina and Berlanti not hearing it. Hee.

Great posts recently about this, however.

As a rule I personally hate PDA, I even hate a ton of touchy affection in general. I like my space. However, there were definitely certain instances with EA (and you guys perfectly pointed out so many of them) that simply HAD to produce more affection in order for the scene to feel perfect. I am not saying the scenes we got were fake and ridiculous, either. I just feel that putting in more affection would have ADDED to the already very amazing scenes we received.

I remember watching the moment where they make up from the Madison band lie and being astounded that there was not a make up kiss. Or the moment they were going off to have sex. Who does that? Seriously... who decides to get intimate with your significant other in public and hurries off to get some privacy without some type of kiss or hugging, touching, before doing that? It seemed REALLY OFF. That so true about how Bright/Hannah were not in front of them, they were way up on the hill. EA were alone. They could have shared a couple kisses before running off to have sex. They reminded me of a couple that sets a time to "make love" and they meet in bed at the moment! Come on, EA were not living in those times and they were teenagers in love, lets see some reality and yearning between them!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
They reminded me of a couple that sets a time to "make love" and they meet in bed at the moment! Come on, EA were not living in those times and they were teenagers in love, lets see some reality and yearning between them!
At least that would have been something! At least we would have known that they were regularly having sex, even in such a weird way, hee. We had to endure through the torture of Amanda and Andy having a lot of intimacy and being in bed in way too many scenes. It's just funny that a relationship that everyone hated, the writers were willing to show more intimacy than in one that everyone loved. I don't understand it. I realize that they wanted to show the emotional connection of Ephram/Amy, and we all know that they have that, but that's not all they had. Or at least should have had. You have to have a physical connection too, or else you're basically just best friends hanging out a lot, heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 12-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
At least that would have been something! At least we would have known that they were regularly having sex, even in such a weird way, hee. We had to endure through the torture of Amanda and Andy having a lot of intimacy and being in bed in way too many scenes. It's just funny that a relationship that everyone hated, the writers were willing to show more intimacy than in one that everyone loved. I don't understand it. I realize that they wanted to show the emotional connection of Ephram/Amy, and we all know that they have that, but that's not all they had. Or at least should have had. You have to have a physical connection too, or else you're basically just best friends hanging out a lot, heh.

It's almost as if the writers felt that if you were regularly having sex you were slimy, cheap, and indecent. They depicted couples who had a beautiful true love as being chaste and reserved. Very unusual point of view those writers had!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It's almost as if the writers felt that if you were regularly having sex you were slimy, cheap, and indecent. They depicted couples who had a beautiful true love as being chaste and reserved. Very unusual point of view those writers had!
You know, that's actually a really interesting point! Bright's desire for sex was portrayed as negative. Now, it was probably negative in his case, heh, but conversely, Amy and Ephram not seen having regular sex wasn't portrayed as negative. Huh. I guess the writers bought into a "it's better to have too little than too much" theory?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Laura! We missed ya.

Especially when the non-main relationships, like Tommy/Amy and Madison/Ephram, were more intimate. It's really weird. I don't know why writers do it. Maybe they think that they don't need to show that the couple is in love and intimate with their actions, and that we'll assume that they're doing more offscreen? Like, they're writing words for them that show that they're in love, and scenes for them to be in love, so they feel like they don't need to show the intimacy? It's stupid, though, because those small moments of just more kisses, more intimate kisses, waking up next to each other, those would be SO easy to put on television, you know? So, why not? It's frustrating.
I missed you too

Yeah, it's a big mystery. I don't know why they drop it completely. Maybe they think that since they are a couple, they don't have to show anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Very loudly, in fact, heh.

This topic was a significant headline in many posts in our episode discussion as well as the E/A thread, remember? Oh yeah, tons and tons of talk about this. Sadly, our discussions were not loud enough for Rina and Berlanti to hear in order for them to do something about this and that's my only regret.
Yeah I guess we should have been even more loud

I remember the reactions on other forums as well And the theories

Laura|
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
Yeah, it's a big mystery. I don't know why they drop it completely. Maybe they think that since they are a couple, they don't have to show anything
I think you hit something here, Laura. There was a theory that because EA were always so mature and established (even throughout their ups and downs you always felt they would be together in the end) and as a result, there was no need to show added extras (aka more affection) because it should have almost been assumed and they didn't need to show it. Maybe they almost thought they were respecting the EA pairing by going this route and showing them like a regular TV teen couple would have cheapened their story and they wanted to keep EA unique? I'm all for respect, but if this is what they thought I just don't think they had to keep going with the theme of not having to show what we already knew if that makes sense. Showing it was not translating to us having to see it to believe it... we just wanted to see it because we liked the couple!

Quote:
Yeah I guess we should have been even more loud
Megaphones all around!

Quote:
I remember the reactions on other forums as well And the theories
Hee, some of those theories were fun and outlandish but still fun! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
As a rule I personally hate PDA, I even hate a ton of touchy affection in general. I like my space. However, there were definitely certain instances with EA (and you guys perfectly pointed out so many of them) that simply HAD to produce more affection in order for the scene to feel perfect. I am not saying the scenes we got were fake and ridiculous, either. I just feel that putting in more affection would have ADDED to the already very amazing scenes we received.
Very well said, Erin. 100% concur.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

I wonder how a more typical TV show would have handled an E/A romance. Worse, obviously, hee. But there would probably be more of those intimate moments that we missed out as we've all mentioned, but less of those great talks and a LOT less of that emotional connection that we saw whether they were friends or together. It's just funny that we ended up missing out on the intimate moments because they were on a non-typical show. If Everwood was on the CW now, you can sure bet that Dawn Ostroff would be trying to make sure that Ephram and Amy had sex about every episode.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wonder how a more typical TV show would have handled an E/A romance. Worse, obviously, hee. But there would probably be more of those intimate moments that we missed out as we've all mentioned, but less of those great talks and a LOT less of that emotional connection that we saw whether they were friends or together. It's just funny that we ended up missing out on the intimate moments because they were on a non-typical show. If Everwood was on the CW now, you can sure bet that Dawn Ostroff would be trying to make sure that Ephram and Amy had sex about every episode.
How the E/A romance would have been handled on a more typical TV show would depend on what network it was shown on. If it was on Showtime....we'd weekly see a naked Ephram and Amy engaging in all kinds of sexual activities in all kinds of positions.
But..even on a family channel...a typical tv show would have handled the romance much more differently than it was originally handled. There would have definitely been more passionate kissing....maybe not actual sex...but we would witness a lot of the pre-sex. Amy and Ephram showed a little too much self control on Everwood.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
How the E/A romance would have been handled on a more typical TV show would depend on what network it was shown on. If it was on Showtime....we'd weekly see a naked Ephram and Amy engaging in all kinds of sexual activities in all kinds of positions.
We may have also had to have seen Irv and Edna christening the office! *shudders*
Old 12-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I can't stop laughing!

Both of you guys make excellent points... maybe we were saved because Dawn probably would have transformed Ephram/Amy into this typical teen, soapy couple that is ordinary and even plastic. Another great point was brought up about the pre-sex Ephram/Amy time. I think that's what had/has so many Ephram/Amy fans frustrated... it wasn't about seeing them post first time, it was about the little things pre-sex such as the hand holding, hugging, flirting, kissing. We saw some of this but not a huge amount, certainly we have listed scenes that desired some type of intimacy that never took place. Like I mentioned my friend, Mike, as he was watching Ephram/Amy's first time... < that sounded weird but you know what I mean, hee. I remember he was like, "Wow, they acted like friends before this and now they're having sex?" Okay, he was not a regular watcher of Everwood so he didn't get their dynamic but to an outsider without a complete experience of the Ephram/Amy dynamic that is just what it looked like... friends and then sleeping together for the first time. It's just interesting.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread