Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Man, this thread is rockin' with great thoughts right now! And to think, these questions I had that you two have been knocking out of the park came to me in the middle of the night randomly.

I like your idea of Amy/Ephram having a small party. I think the best thing about them is that they communicate and understand each other. Ephram would understand that Amy enjoys those kinds of things and would support her, and Amy would understand that Ephram isn't exactly Mr. Party (remember the party he attended that Bright was on stage for, so Ephram went to see Batman instead? Heh) and would keep it small. I think Rose and Harold understand each other on that level too, but I do think that it's impressive that Amy and Ephram do at such a young age, because I imagine it took quite a while for Rose and Harold to be where they are.

Agreed, Betty, about Amy not needing to roll her eyes at Ephram like Rose had to do more than a few times with Harold, hee. Although Ephram still sticks his foot in his mouth. I mean, hey, he's a guy too. That's what we do best: screw up!

Good point about Ephram and Amy being more liberal, Michelle. That will be a good mix. I wonder if Amy would remember how great of a father Harold is, and also utilize some of those conservative attributes that Harold brought in her family unit? I'm not sure. I just know that Harold and Rose are going to impact Amy as a parent, just as much as Ephram will be impacted about Andy. We even saw how much Harold was impacted by his father: he never shied away from showing how much he loved and cared his children, and we got the sense that Harold Sr. was not the same way.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi guys!!! I watched Everwood when it was on and I LOVED Ephram and Amy. Can I be added?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Welcome, IheartMyTV ! You've been added. What about Ephram and Amy did you love so much?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hiya, 'Tos!!!
I loved the buildup of their relationship, and I thought that it was amazing how the writers built up their bond, through how Ephram talked to Amy about everything with the movie, and Amy talked to him about Colin and the accident. I loved how they became each other's confidantes. That bond was just adorable... after they broke up I was so sad. Even though their ending was rushed, I thought it was adorable

Old 11-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMyTV (View Post)
Hiya, 'Tos!!!
I loved the buildup of their relationship, and I thought that it was amazing how the writers built up their bond, through how Ephram talked to Amy about everything with the movie, and Amy talked to him about Colin and the accident. I loved how they became each other's confidantes. That bond was just adorable... after they broke up I was so sad. Even though their ending was rushed, I thought it was adorable
:nod : Very well said! How they became each other's confidantes and even best friends, telling each other everything and supporting each other 100%, whether in a relationship or not. That aspect of their relationship is the best thing about the two of them for me.

When was the last time you were able to watch the show?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
:nod : Very well said! How they became each other's confidantes and even best friends, telling each other everything and supporting each other 100%, whether in a relationship or not. That aspect of their relationship is the best thing about the two of them for me.

When was the last time you were able to watch the show?
I agree with everything you said
Also, I loved that they had a connection from the beginning. It's one of those "destiny" romances, where, even when they were in other relationships, you just knew that they would end up together.
I haven't watched the show in SO long. I wish there was a website or something that I could go to to watch Season 3. That season was the best for me, cause A/E were dating.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also, I loved that they had a connection from the beginning. It's one of those "destiny" romances, where, even when they were in other relationships, you just knew that they would end up together.
That's so true. Even when Ephram was with Madison, or Amy with Tommy, you knew that they weren't the ones. And both grew from those relationships and were more ready for each other in S3 because of them, so it's not like those other relationships were useless, which is an extra cool feature about Everwood.

The first two seasons are out on DVD, but yeah, we're missing the best time for Ephram and Amy! We need that S3 DVD already!! The S2 DVD box even has Ephram and Amy on it, but you basically only get that one moment from them in the S2 finale with the picnic and them going to New York together. Frustrating that people can't watch them actually together.

You can (if you're in America, anyway) watch the episodes on thewb.com, but I don't think they're on S3 at the moment.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
That's so true. Even when Ephram was with Madison, or Amy with Tommy, you knew that they weren't the ones. And both grew from those relationships and were more ready for each other in S3 because of them, so it's not like those other relationships were useless, which is an extra cool feature about Everwood.

The first two seasons are out on DVD, but yeah, we're missing the best time for Ephram and Amy! We need that S3 DVD already!! The S2 DVD box even has Ephram and Amy on it, but you basically only get that one moment from them in the S2 finale with the picnic and them going to New York together. Frustrating that people can't watch them actually together.

You can (if you're in America, anyway) watch the episodes on thewb.com, but I don't think they're on S3 at the moment.
Yeah!! I reallly wish they had let out the Season 3 DVD... I would have bought that!!
I thought that was the most adorable season cause they were dating. The way they conveyed their relationship as they were dating was really interesting and well done, I think. It was funny that they seemed like a old married couple at times, cause they knew each other so well. I'll look on thewb.com soon, I heard they were gonna have Everwood, but they were on Season 1 when I last checked.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMyTV (View Post)
It was funny that they seemed like a old married couple at times, cause they knew each other so well. .

Too much like an old married couple at times.

IheartMyTV, you're going to have to add Amy& Ephram to your signature.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome, IheartMyTV!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

IheartMyTV, you're going to have to add Amy& Ephram to your signature.
You just wanted to see them making out all episode!

IheartMyTV , you're definitely right that they knew each other so well. And I don't think that can be better emphasized than in "The Reflex" where they have sex the first time and Ephram is so attentive and understanding and just totally gets what Amy is feeling.

Definitely keep an eye on thewb.com, because they go in order and repeat the series after they finish showing all the eps.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think I've heard you mention this a couple hundred times before but are there specific scenes that totally frustrated you?

I think it's also fun to talk about the things that annoyed us about EA because it doesn't make us like them any less, probably just the opposite. We liked and appreciated their dynamic so passionately that we almost became their toughest critic. I know that's my deal, heh.

For me, I can think of a couple instances where I hoped they would have been a little more touchy and affectionate... some moments that come to mind take place after they make up from the fight over the Madison band lie where I really thought they could have given us a make up kiss. They really had a tough time during this period as Amy ultimately pushed away Ephram so much she wouldn't even talk to him... they make up and I would have to believe they would at least yearn to exchange a kiss or two after they worked things out. I know, I know, it's all about off the screen insinuation but I still wanted to see it. Another time is whenever they were sledding with Bright/Hannah and they were talking at the bottom of the hill and it's insinuated they wanted some alone time together and probably yes, some big time intimacy, but I wanted a kiss exchanged there as well. It seemed appropriate given where we knew they were going.

There were a few other moments but those two times stick out for me the most. Sometimes I just wanted some old fashioned hand holding to take place here and there. Betty and I discussed this privately and it's so true... watching Rebecca/Justin on Brothers & Sisters not only has the incestual undertones going on but not only that, they are so affectionate at times that it seems like you think about Ephram/Amy all the more and the moments that we didn't get between them if a stupid couple in Rebecca/Justin are more appropriately portrayed at times as far as physical affection. I think that's very true and it only adds another check mark to the list of reasons why Rebecca/Justin make me want to hurl and scream. LOL.

What about everyone else?

Last edited by jediwands; 11-30-2009 at 07:40 PM
Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
watching Rebecca/Justin on Brothers & Sisters not only has the incestual undertones going on but not only that, they are so affectionate at times that it seems like you think about Ephram/Amy all the more and the moments that we didn't get between them if a stupid couple in Rebecca/Justin are more appropriately portrayed at times as far as physical affection. I think that's very true and it only adds another check mark to the list of reasons why Rebecca/Justin make me want to hurl and scream. LOL.
It is so freaking frustrating to watch those two. Here is a couple that I detest who are constantly making out. I find it disgusting and I also want to hurl and scream! And then you have poor Amy and Ephram who had less make-out scenes in 4 years than Rebecca and Justin have in a month.

Quote:
I think it's also fun to talk about the things that annoyed us about EA because it doesn't make us like them any less, probably just the opposite. We liked and appreciated their dynamic so passionately that we almost became their toughest critic.
This is a great discussion question.
Like you I was very disappointed at the bottom of the hill after sleigh riding with Bright and Hannah. As you said, Michelle, they just finally made up after being angry for months....they're about to leave and have sex....couldn't they have had some kind of passionate embrace before they left?

They weren't given enough scenes where physical affection was warranted. Most of the opportunities that they did have were disappointing. When Amy found out that Ephram wrote her a love letter and then Ephram told Amy that he loved her.... What did we get? A peck.

The time when Amy and Ephram were applying to colleges near each other. In one scene....Amy found out that Ephram was trying to get her to apply to Princeton. This is what she said.

Quote:
AMY: It took me a long time to get here, Ephram. You had to do a lot of fancy talking. But this is what I want. I wanna stay in love. You, me - us. That's not gonna change and so what if I'm wrong, it's my mistake to make. You don't get to protect me. I mean you can try, but I'll just kick your ass. It's not your job. It's not my dad's job. I don't need guarantees, Ephram. So you can worry all you want but I'm betting on us.

[They share a kiss against the message board.]
I don't know who wrote that they shared a kiss.....they shared a peck!

Even the drive-in scene (although hilarious) was disappointing and unrealistic. 17 year olds who have been dating for months do not make out like that! I realize that there was a purpose for that scene....but it could/should have been much more hot.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 12-01-2009 at 01:24 PM
Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Great discussion, guys! You know, when I was actually watching the show, I never had a big problem with their lack of intimacy for some reason, but after the show, having people point out how they should have been more intimate, it does bug me a little! I don't know why I never noticed it while I was actually watching the show.

I'm going to think of this a bit and add my thoughts, or at least agree more with yours.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It is so freaking frustrating to watch those two. Here is a couple that I detest who are constantly making out. I find it disgusting and I also want to hurl and scream! And then you have poor Amy and Ephram who had less make-out scenes in 4 years than Rebecca and Justin have in a month.
Yeah... seriously where's the justice? I feel like it's a bit of an injustice whenever you put it so factually in black and white... the Ephram/Amy love story was written with care and delicacy. It was a real story that emotionally was on track 100%. However, the physical side to their relationship was not colorfully shown on the screen, you are right, in 4 seasons. Sure we had the main moments such as their first three kisses, the ILY on the couch, the first time they slept together, their final reunion... those moments were completely perfect. Aside from those main moments, the physical side was simply lacking. I don't mean they had to be on top of each other every two seconds either. The subtle things such as hand holding, more passionate kisses were non-existent and more insinuated but sometimes the insinuations, to me, made it seem like they didn't want to take out the time TO show it and that's what I didn't like. The writers knew the fan following of Ephram/Amy. You make time to show us everything and then more because this couple was worth the price of admission. Instead, the moments were few and far between. It seems like right after Staking Claim they turned into an old, married couple and while it was nice to see how much they belonged together in a very comfortable, confident way, it still would have been refreshing to see them act like teenagers and young adults in love in a more vivid kind of way a lot more than we did which was next to nothing whenever it's all said and done. I am not taking anything away from their emotional moments because, man, we got those in spades. I love the moment where Ephram is spilling his heart out to Amy as she strokes his hair with his head in her lap... that moment was golden. Classic Ephram/Amy. One of my favorite moments of those two, ever. So yes, the emotional connection moments were priceless and shown in such a magnificent way. I just wish the physical affection moments would have been more focused on at times as well. I remember hearing about how in season 3 both Greg and Emily had colds practically all winter long and they kept giving it to each other. The rumor was the kissing scenes were either cut or not created due to the upper respiratory distress the both of them were in. I do know there's some truth to that in early season 3. The one scene in Staking Claim whenever Amy's jealous over Ephram/Amy, both Greg/Emily are very sick in those scenes. Greg even looks like he has a sore throat, he's swallowing with a bit of difficulty. They both appear ill even if they knocked those scenes in that episode out of the park. Having said that, I still don't buy the rumor because in season 4 we didn't get a huge amount of affection either like whenever they slept together. Oh, I loved those scenes before and after they sleep together for the most part. But even so, we never really had pillow talk or major making out before they sleep together. Imagine how much they BOTH had to have been yearning to sleep with each other given that they hadn't even kissed for months and months and months due to their break up? We did see some yearning in that kissing scene but even if Amy was going to freak out the next morning they could have shown a bit more intimacy the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
This is a great discussion question.
Like you I was very disappointed at the bottom of the hill after sleigh riding with Bright and Hannah. As you said, Michelle, they just finally made up after being angry for months....they're about to leave and have sex....couldn't they have had some kind of passionate embrace before they left?
Indeed. It's not like Bright and Hannah were staring at them either because they were in their own little flirting world themselves paying zero attention to Ephram/Amy. Yet, Ephram/Amy were not physically affectionate there in the least bit even as they are leaving to go have sex. That seemed so unrealistic to me! A kiss or two before leaving to Ephram's car HAD to be called for, you know?

Quote:
They weren't given enough scenes where physical affection was warranted. Most of the opportunities that they did have were disappointing. When Amy found out that Ephram wrote her a love letter and then Ephram told Amy that he loved her.... What did we get? A peck.
Exactly. Even if Amy was going to wig out after that it seems quite off to me given that they just spent the night together that they wouldn't have embraced and exchanged a few kisses after those moments.

Quote:
The time when Amy and Ephram were applying to colleges near each other. In one scene....Amy found out that Ephram was trying to get her to apply to Princeton. This is what she said.

I don't know who wrote that they shared a kiss.....they shared a peck!
Hee. That scene was so beautiful right up until the peck that took place. It was a sweet, little kiss but what about a big hug or a longer kiss to follow up? Or showing them holding hands, being touchy, and flirting? It was a peck and bam, scene over, next!

Quote:
Even the drive-in scene (although hilarious) was disappointing and unrealistic. 17 year olds who have been dating for months do not make out like that! I realize that there was a purpose for that scene....but it could/should have been much more hot.
You said it... the dialogue was outstanding, Greg/Emily were filled with chemistry but, yes, that was very unrealistic that Ephram/Amy wouldn't have been a lot more comfortable in that scene. I mean, what about first or second base? LOL. You know? I remember watching that scene with my one guy friend who was like, "They are going from hardly making out to thinking about sex, why aren't clothes a bit messy and open?" He was right! It did seem a little off.

I think you make a great point about how they were not given a lot of opportunities either. Speaking of Rebecca/Justin... look at all the scenes Ephram/Madison got to portray their physical lust for each other with. Granted, that was also showing a strong point about Ephram/Madison and what their relationship was fueled by which wasn't something strong and solid but still... more physically affectionate Ephram/Amy moments could have been offered and/or the moments that were available they should have cashed in on. Man, this is Greg/Emily as Ephram/Amy we are talking about! Chemistry that is unteachable... so natural, that you have never seen better than Greg/Emily on the screen. Imagine what those two could have done with more intense Ephram/Amy scenes? It would have been unbelievable.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-01-2009 at 04:10 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread