Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You are officially added, Chelsea! I'm so glad that Ephram came to his senses and you were able to finish watching this wonderful show!

What do you like about Ephram and Amy?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome Chelsea

Laura|
Old 11-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Hee! So true! I mean, I bet it's colder up on top of a mountain, surely, but you are so right on that he should have been prepared for cold weather and rather used to it, living in NYC! Lol.

You know the other thing about how quickly Ephram/Amy were established as the real deal is through other characters' behavior.. Take Bright for example... was he ever comfortable with the Ephram/Amy bond from the start? No way. And think about it... why would he be so scared if he only felt like Ephram was crushing on Amy? In Bright's mind, Ephram was a harmless geek, or as a rule, to popular, superficial Bright (at the time) he shouldn't have felt a threat in the least... thus, why would he think his beautiful, popular sister would be capable of falling for Ephram? It seems Bright saw the Ephram/Amy bond right away, and Ephram was a threat because he saw Amy falling for Ephram just has quickly as Ephram was falling for her. At the very least he saw their chemistry and potential. You can feel this within Bright which is why he fought so hard to get them away from each other by bullying Ephram, trying to stop it.
God, that's such good stuff, Michelle. I couldn't agree more with what you said above. You think outside the box and go deep and come up with things most people cannot find. I suppose it's why you have your masters in psychology.

But it's true in that I read something you write and so many times all I think is, "I never thought about that before, she totally enlightened me!" It's so true and this post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Another welcome, Chelsea! I think there were quite a few fans who were as fed up with Madison too, but I'm so glad that you returned to the show and got to see that ending, even if was so hard to watch the show ending forever!

Other than youtube, and I think most moments are music montages (some that are really amazing), I can't think of anywhere to find E/A clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
You know the other thing about how quickly Ephram/Amy were established as the real deal is through other characters' behavior.. Take Bright for example... was he ever comfortable with the Ephram/Amy bond from the start? No way. And think about it... why would he be so scared if he only felt like Ephram was crushing on Amy? In Bright's mind, Ephram was a harmless geek, or as a rule, to popular, superficial Bright (at the time) he shouldn't have felt a threat in the least... thus, why would he think his beautiful, popular sister would be capable of falling for Ephram? It seems Bright saw the Ephram/Amy bond right away, and Ephram was a threat because he saw Amy falling for Ephram just has quickly as Ephram was falling for her. At the very least he saw their chemistry and potential. You can feel this within Bright which is why he fought so hard to get them away from each other by bullying Ephram, trying to stop it.
That is a good point, although I always did view Bright's reaction to Ephram and Amy in the first episode as him realizing what Amy was doing with Ephram initially: using him to try and get his father to help Colin. And that it showed a lot of sensitivity of him towards how his sister could be when it came to Colin, and how he didn't want to see Ephram, a perfect stranger, affected by it. Which makes their later friendship a lot more natural. Still, I think you're right that Bright was the very first to see their potential, and it could have played a role into why he tried to keep them apart just as much as the Colin factor did.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks Erin. I think this board is filled with many posters who can dig deep and that's what I love about this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)

That is a good point, although I always did view Bright's reaction to Ephram and Amy in the first episode as him realizing what Amy was doing with Ephram initially: using him to try and get his father to help Colin. And that it showed a lot of sensitivity of him towards how his sister could be when it came to Colin, and how he didn't want to see Ephram, a perfect stranger, affected by it. Which makes their later friendship a lot more natural.
That's so true too. I see this loud and clear.

Quote:
Still, I think you're right that Bright was the very first to see their potential, and it could have played a role into why he tried to keep them apart just as much as the Colin factor did.
I keep thinking about how Bright didn't want them anywhere near each other at the carnival. Lol. He didn't want them on the Ferris Wheel which was such a classic EA scene of course. He somehow seemed concerned about what might happen between them along with just looking out for Colin. I think that was a huge irony about Bright... sometimes he seemed (especially in the earlier seasons) not too, well, Bright, heh, but overall the way he absorbed things he generally understood their meaning. He might not have always expressed this properly but he was a very smart guy whenever it came to picking things up. We certainly see how he knew precisely what was going on between EA in season 4 and all the talks he shared with Ephram was proof that he knew the score. He might not have been great with adding 1+1 but I think Bright could understand people and human interaction quite brilliantly. I just loved how he was such a fan of EA in the end.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Youtube has some Everwood clips but other than that, I don't know where to get them

Laura|
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunately, I think the hard to find clips just reflect what's went on with resources when it comes to this show. Fansites are for the most part gone as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I think this board is filled with many posters who can dig deep and that's what I love about this board.
Agreed BIG time.

Quote:
I keep thinking about how Bright didn't want them anywhere near each other at the carnival. Lol. He didn't want them on the Ferris Wheel which was such a classic EA scene of course. He somehow seemed concerned about what might happen between them along with just looking out for Colin. I think that was a huge irony about Bright... sometimes he seemed (especially in the earlier seasons) not too, well, Bright, heh, but overall the way he absorbed things he generally understood their meaning. He might not have always expressed this properly but he was a very smart guy whenever it came to picking things up. We certainly see how he knew precisely what was going on between EA in season 4 and all the talks he shared with Ephram was proof that he knew the score. He might not have been great with adding 1+1 but I think Bright could understand people and human interaction quite brilliantly. I just loved how he was such a fan of EA in the end.
Definitely. Bright is a great people person. I always thought he would be great at helping people. Psychology or guidance counseling. His advice is sometimes worded in his own unique way (see most of his advice for Ephram in S2, hee), but he does get people. And, yes, I really enjoyed how he pushed Amy and Ephram together. Like the prom episode, and many others. Really, he's a good friend of the both of them and wants to see them happy, and he knows that being together is when they're at the most happiest!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 11-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Question time!

I think that it's generally accepted that Harold and Rose are the best example of a working, consistent couple full of love on Everwood. So, since they're probably the best, what do E/A have in common with them? And do you see E/A having a relationship or marriage like Harold/Rose?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Question time!

I think that it's generally accepted that Harold and Rose are the best example of a working, consistent couple full of love on Everwood. So, since they're probably the best, what do E/A have in common with them? And do you see E/A having a relationship or marriage like Harold/Rose?
I kind of see Ephram as a non-people person like Harold...but not to the extent that he's a fuddy duddy like Harold.....and I see Amy as "Mayor" type...sweet, warm....friendly like Rose. I believe that Amy and Ephram love for each other is very strong like Rose and Harold's love....and perhaps it is even stronger because of all that they went through to be together. I see both couples as having a strong mutual respect...which is important for having a successful marriage.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I kind of see Ephram as a non-people person like Harold...but not to the extent that he's a fuddy duddy like Harold.....and I see Amy as "Mayor" type...sweet, warm....friendly like Rose. I believe that Amy and Ephram love for each other is very strong like Rose and Harold's love....and perhaps it is even stronger because of all that they went through to be together. I see both couples as having a strong mutual respect...which is important for having a successful marriage.
Well said, Betty. I'd like to see what others think too, if there are other similarities as well, but I really agree. Especially how Harold and Ephram are similar, which is funny since Harold never really accepted Ephram, even though he was basically a younger version of him!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Would anyone else like to take a shot at this question?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Question time!

What EA have in common with HR?

Lots. Love, loyalty, commitment, opposites attract sort of thing where Ephram is definitely a lot like Harold where he is more introverted and will never be the type that has a ton of friends whereas Amy is more like Rose, who does very well within group settings, getting along with other people as they are far more social, Amy/Rose over Ephram/Harold. I would imagine EA and HR had similar relationships while they were young, too, outside of the coma-boy storyline EA had to deal with, hee. But generally speaking I bet HR were very mature being in a teen relationship like EA so obviously were. They both have a written in the stars type of sparkle to their relationships as well. I really wish we would have heard more about HR whenever they were just starting out. We have an idea but I always hoped that during Rose's illness they would have flashed back more to those days because I think that would have been outstanding and totally perfect to go there.

I think EA in the later years after marriage (and you know they were getting married) would have been a lot like HR as well. I think how Harold saw patients, Ephram would see students with his piano while Amy would very likely have followed in her mothers footsteps, possibly heading into politics or an area close to politics. It really seemed she took some passion and showed her liberal stances a lot in season 4 and I don't think it was just to create clashing and drama between Amy and Hannah. I think we were lead to believe Amy was highly considering this area for a career. I feel like EA, like HR, would have a very healthy marriage where they had their independent passions and focuses but they also would be very dedicated to each other while surrounded by family and friends. I would have loved to have seen EA have children. That would have been phenomenal showing how Amy, no doubt, would have been an excellent mother, and Ephram would have cherished their own children, making up for some of the mistakes Andy made while Ephram and Delia were younger growing up in NYC. Of course there was the added element of Ephram's baby he had with Madison which is never fun to think about but that would have played a part in why Ephram would strive to be the very best father he could be whenever he had children with Amy and it sure would have been tremendous to see it all unfold.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-23-2009 at 04:04 PM
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Very well said, Michelle. You and Betty have really hit the nail on the head, and now I can see so many parallels between the two relationships.

I really like the opposites attract idea. Unlike Ephram/Amy, sometimes I forget just how different Rose and Harold really are, but they are. I think Harold was even more of an outcast than Ephram was, or at least a heck of a lot nerdier, heh. Ephram was somewhat nerdy, but also cool. I can't imagine Harold being very cool somehow, although he's totally awesome in a whole different way.

Quote:
I think EA in the later years after marriage (and you know they were getting married) would have been a lot like HR as well. I think how Harold saw patients, Ephram would see students with his piano while Amy would very likely have followed in her mothers footsteps, possibly heading into politics or an area close to politics. It really seemed she took some passion and showed her liberal stances a lot in season 4 and I don't think it was just to create clashing and drama between Amy and Hannah. I think we were lead to believe Amy was highly considering this area for a career. I feel like EA, like HR, would have a very healthy marriage where they had their independent passions and focuses but they also would be very dedicated to each other while surrounded by family and friends. I would have loved to have seen EA have children. That would have been phenomenal showing how Amy, no doubt, would have been an excellent mother, and Ephram would have cherished their own children, making up for some of the mistakes Andy made while Ephram and Delia were younger growing up in NYC. Of course there was the added element of Ephram's baby he had with Madison which is never fun to think about but that would have played a part in why Ephram would strive to be the very best father he could be whenever he had children with Amy and it sure would have been tremendous to see it all unfold.
We've been thinking of having Amy into political or social activities in the S5 Thread because of that liberal and political stance in S4, so I think we can be confident that we're on the right track if you have the same thought, because you obviously know Amy so very well. So, yay on that. And I agree that both can have their own independent passions and hobbies, but still come together at the end of the day like Harold and Rose. And like Betty said, they'll have that same strong marriage where even if they disagree or have differences, they'll never let that get between them because they have such amazing love.

Since the similarities went so well (thanks for your input, you two), what makes Ephram/Amy different from Harold/Rose? How are they going to be different as a married couple or a relationship?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Very well said, Michelle. You and Betty have really hit the nail on the head, and now I can see so many parallels between the two relationships.
But Michelle said it so much better.

Quote:
what makes Ephram/Amy different from Harold/Rose? How are they going to be different as a married couple or a relationship?
I know that Rose deeply loves and respects Harold. However, I wouldn't call it disrespect....but she sees character traits in Harold that command a little less respect.....pompous behavior.....fuddyduddyness, etc. He makes her roll her eyes a lot.
I don't see any of these characteristics in Ephram. He is anti-social like Harold..but he is not a baffoon. Ephram is a cooler guy. Amy is proud of Ephram in every way. I don't picture her having a necessity to roll her eyes too often in regards to Ephram.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I really like the opposites attract idea. Unlike Ephram/Amy, sometimes I forget just how different Rose and Harold really are, but they are. I think Harold was even more of an outcast than Ephram was, or at least a heck of a lot nerdier, heh. Ephram was somewhat nerdy, but also cool. I can't imagine Harold being very cool somehow, although he's totally awesome in a whole different way.
I agree. Given Rose's career, obviously she had to be a people person because in order to get voted in, people have to like you, heh. I think about how Harold tried that bone-headed scheme at the end of season 2 to go into that business and it flopped because obviously he knew nothing about that type of business but overall, Harold is just better, both personally and professionally, in more one-on-one type of relationships whereas Rose can flourish in both settings, I think. Amy, too. Ephram, you are right, is not completely like Harold in this way. He was a cool nerd. I could see in the future E/A having a small party and Ephram would do just fine in that setting but of course Amy would be the one interacting a lot more with the guests. But they sort of play off of each other, too. They like their roles both individually and how they work together as a unit. It works beautifully.

Quote:
We've been thinking of having Amy into political or social activities in the S5 Thread because of that liberal and political stance in S4, so I think we can be confident that we're on the right track if you have the same thought, because you obviously know Amy so very well. So, yay on that.
Heh, that's great. I admit I haven't interacted and read a lot of posts on that thread and I'm not exactly sure why but I should get there. LOL.

Quote:
And I agree that both can have their own independent passions and hobbies, but still come together at the end of the day like Harold and Rose. And like Betty said, they'll have that same strong marriage where even if they disagree or have differences, they'll never let that get between them because they have such amazing love.
Indeed, and their differences keep things interesting, too. Both couples work so perfectly, using both their similarities and differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
But Michelle said it so much better.
Never! Not true.

Quote:
[b]Since the similarities went so well (thanks for your input, you two), what makes Ephram/Amy different from Harold/Rose? How are they going to be different as a married couple or a relationship?
Betty has such a great answer for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I know that Rose deeply loves and respects Harold. However, I wouldn't call it disrespect....but she sees character traits in Harold that command a little less respect.....pompous behavior.....fuddyduddyness, etc. He makes her roll her eyes a lot.
I don't see any of these characteristics in Ephram. He is anti-social like Harold..but he is not a baffoon. Ephram is a cooler guy. Amy is proud of Ephram in every way. I don't picture her having a necessity to roll her eyes too often in regards to Ephram.
I couldn't agree more with this assessment. I keep thinking about how Gretchen was pointing out Harold's weaknesses and yes, during that episode, Harold and Rose were fighting so Rose was fairly annoyed at the time, heh, but overall Rose is not only well aware of Harold's "faults" and "annoyances" but she will make no excuses for them although at the same time you know she has a firm acceptance of them as well. So Rose will never sugar-coat Harold's faults but she also doesn't love him any less for these faults even if, at times, they can be very annoying to her. However, when that happens, she finds ways to deal by communicating quite clearly with Harold WHEN he is wrong about something or being off the wall by pulling him back down to reality. Harold would be lost without Rose is the bottom line, heh.

And yes, Ephram is anti-social but he does not have the same type of quirks and traits as Harold overall. Ephram is never going to love parties or big time social events as a rule although I don't see Amy necessarily LOVING them either, but she definitely fits in better in this atmosphere, and yes, she does love more social interaction as well. I don't see this as really being a problem for E/A, though. I see them both making sacrifices for each other in this regard. Ephram might be a little more social than his norm at times, for example. Ephram does fit in better in these social settings than a Harold does though. I keep remembering how many times there would be a get together and Harold would do and say shocking things because that's his way to deal with his social insecurities. He ironically puts the spotlight on himself MORE, LOL, whereas Ephram does not do that in the least. He will never be the outspoken one yet he gets by just fine in that people aren't going to wonder why he is so shy. He will say the right amount of words and go with the right amount of exchanges with people to not make himself stick out as being anti-social even if it's not a scene he absolutely loves.

As far as differences though specifically... I do see E/A having a more liberal tone to their marriage than H/R. So I think the way E/A might raise their children could be a bit different. We know both E/A are liberals since Amy established her views without a doubt in season 4 and Ephram's comment about Bush in season 3 (which was hilarious) shows he is anything but conservative, heh.

So yes, I think the main area that might be slightly different is E/A will have their marriage/family reflecting more of modern day/liberal type of living. Harold/Rose, at times, seemed to be a bit conservative although that was Harold's strong influence more than anything else since Rose did seem way less conservative than Harold. Of course, as a rule Bright/Amy were not raised as conservatives, though. I just mean Harold's splash of conservatism was utilized at times within their family unit. I see E/A as more outspoken liberals both individually and definitely together as a unit while raising their family so I believe this is a difference from H/R.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-24-2009 at 12:05 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread