Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome foxybabygirl. I can't believe we have that many members. That's awesome.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't believe I haven't requested to be added to the list yet. I thought I had. Oh well, can I be added?
Old 03-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

ergo3, you've been added.

Almost at the big 100!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Well, spill it whenever you remember, okay?
I remember! I was just thinking that you should have an icon (E/A one perhaps?)

Welcome ergo3

Quote:
Almost at the big 100!
One to go!

Laura|
Old 03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
I remember! I was just thinking that you should have an icon (E/A one perhaps?)
Yeah, I really need one but I'm so damn particular that I can never choose one, so I just end up saying, "screw it." Stupid but true.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

there's a contest for ya..."pick michelle's avvie"
-maria
Old 03-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maria
-maria
I'm all for that, guys.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey greenies,
whats going on, man it seems like forever since i have been on here. School and work has been keeping me very busy, i got a new job at panera bread and i have been working like every day so i have no time to like post that much anymore. But anyway back to Ephrum and Amy.

I just hate what is going to happen between them. I mean i knew it would happen eventually, but I really hope that they dont break up over this. I highly doubt it though, because if Ephrum id find out that amy did know about, i dont think he would be as upset than he would be at his own father who kept the secret and paid madison off. I just dont see that happening anytime soon.

If it does, and this a a big iff, then i know that ephrum and amy would be stronger than ever wheter they are together or not, because you see i dont think they would let this one thing break them apart. or even let it get between i think with everything that they have gone through with colin and everything else they are able to pull through and reall come out for each other in the end.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

True Daisy.. It's great hearing from you. E/A have been through so incredibly much these past three seasons, and I know that no matter what happens to them between now and the end of the series, they will find a way to be together in the end. They are the definition of true love and true love always wins no matter what..

Also, True Daisy.. If my memory isn't totally going delusional on me, lol, I thought that you missed seeing "The Reflex" the first time around? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that "The Reflex" is being shown this coming Sunday. I created a new thread for RERUNS during the hiatus so check that out as well as everyone else that wants to see the reruns that are so far listed as being shown during this loooooong hiatus.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-10-2005 at 05:27 PM
Old 03-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maria
-maria

It's great to see you here True Daisy lover4ever Stop by more often, okay?

Laura|
Old 03-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

The "B" Word

It may sound like sacrilege coming from someone who has been an E/A fan since Day 1, but I would have no objection to the writers breaking these two up for awhile, for whatever reason. Something needs to happen to get their passion back.
I have been doing my normal hiatus-related review of the Season 1 DVD's. Although enjoyable as usual, this practice has one downside; it leads to my making comparisons between Season 1 and this year. From an E/A standpoint, this year doesn't come off so well. And the reason is passion, or lack of it. And I'm not talking strictly about sexual energy, although that's what really jumps out, but the intensity of their looks at each other, the crackling intensity of their attraction, the guilty pleasure of their stolen kisses, even their arguments. Although Ephram's instant love for Amy was deep and pure, you often got the feeling in Season 1 that what he really wanted to do was grab her and ravish her on any available horizontal surface. After all, love doesn't cause nocturnal emissions, lust does. From Amy's standpoint, her scoping out of Ephram's rear end the first time she saw him, along with her being compelled to kiss him in spite of her idealized relationship with Colin, showed that she was feeling a tad warm around him, also. Let's face it, this rare chemistry, and it's intensity on every level, is what made us adopt these two and root hard for them to be together. That's why, in some ways, this season has been a disappointment. They're finally together and we've had the love, but not the passion. The tenderness but not the heat. Even their tryst at the cabin was more about tenderness than passion. You watch the two of them this year, after their going through hell to finally be together, and you don't get the feeling that they can hardly wait to go somewhere and make out; that they can barely keep their hands off each other. If the relationship had been without passion all along, I may not be bothered now, but it wasn't. So I expected that once they were officially in love, we would get it all.
We all know that there are events upcoming which could break them up, and maybe that wouldn't be so bad. Maybe they need some time apart to re-kindle the heat. Maybe we need to transition them from a High School romance to a truly adult relationship which has the legs to go the distance. Maybe they need some time apart to truly realize what they are together.
What the E/A relationship doesn't need is manipulation. Even including Madisongate, Princetongate, etc., I think the worst thing that has happened regarding E/A this year was the bogus "went to see Madison's band" disaster. There was absolutely no reason for that incident other than to keep E/A from being happy for more than their allotted ten consecutive minutes. It didn't advance the Madisongate story line one bit. To me, that's manipulation. We don't need any more of that.
So, okay. Let's break them up. But only long enough for them to realize they have to be together. And bring back the passion.

Last edited by MAKRO; 03-11-2005 at 02:20 PM
Old 03-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
True Daisy.. It's great hearing from you. E/A have been through so incredibly much these past three seasons, and I know that no matter what happens to them between now and the end of the series, they will find a way to be together in the end. They are the definition of true love and true love always wins no matter what..

Also, True Daisy.. If my memory isn't totally going delusional on me, lol, I thought that you missed seeing "The Reflex" the first time around? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that "The Reflex" is being shown this coming Sunday. I created a new thread for RERUNS during the hiatus so check that out as well as everyone else that wants to see the reruns that are so far listed as being shown during this loooooong hiatus.

Thanks for telling me wilpen.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Great post MAKRO. I can't say that I disagree with you either.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I second what The Crow said. MAKRO, excellent points and there is not one point I disagree with you on.

Berlanti has even stated in an interview that E/A will be together for most of season 3.. Unless he meant how Amy shunned Ephram after the bunk lie regarding the band issue, that, to me, shows that you don't necesssarily have to be a spoiler whore to get that there is a very strong possibility that they will break up during the last several episodes of the season.

If this takes place, I can't say I will love it, but I more than understand that their break up (if it happens) will have positive results for them whenever they do reunite. It really is stunning to watch season 1 and see the deep yearning that BOTH E/A had for each other. The passion was there in full circle. Amy could hardly resist Ephram even knowing that she could never truly have him while going through the Colin situation. Ephram's EVERY mood in season 1 reflected on the current state of his relationship with Amy. Remember what Bright said to Ephram in The Perfect Day? He said that Ephram was all wiggy in love with Amy in season 1. Boy was he right on there. If she said something he liked, the dude was floating on clouds and if she said or did something that depressed him, he acted as if he wanted to crawl in a hole and bury himself in it. And while I have enjoyed many of their season 3 moments this year, for the most part, I do see a huge difference in season 1 versus season 3 as far as passion and yearning. After everything E/A have been through to be together, you would think that now that they are together, they would be all about cherishing what they have together and passion would be at the highest level. Instead, for the most part, we have seen E/A way too comfortable with what they have together in almost a sense that they feel like they have been married for sixty years together. Little did we know that Amy's words to Ephram in Staking Claim about being in love with someone enabled you to finally relax, would hold out in such an intense exaggeration for the rest of season 3, so far.

If they do end up breaking up, for as much as it will sadden me, I do think that lots can come out of their time apart. I think they can evaluate what they really want as individuals and in the process, realize how much they want to be together and thus, passion will be brought back into the equation, and they will never forget how much they not only want to be together, but NEED to be together because of how strong their love is for each other. I think it could take going back to their season 1 roots of the intense passion and yearning they exchanged to make them realize this and once they do get back together, they will never forget this and display it every chance they get as they realize what they have together is something beyond amazing and something that they should never take for granted again. Passion will be at its finest if this takes place. So, while I am certainly not promoting an E/A break up, I do know that it could take a jarring of their relationship to snap both of them back to the reality that what they have together is priceless and it should be treated accordingly in every sense of the word.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-12-2005 at 08:54 AM
Old 03-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Hehe...spoiler whore...I love that phrase.

Everwood is the one show where I'm not completely dreading the inevitable break-up of my favorite couple, mainly because I know that, if it happens, it will be done in a natural, well thought out way. It won't just come out of nowhere (DC anyone?), and there won't be a sudden shift in someone's character (OTH anyone?)...it will be a natural progression of the storyline. Plus, I have faith that, if E/A were to break up, the show would eventually bring them back together. I don't get that comfort from most of my other shows.