Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wilpen, you are so lucky. I would give anythign to see Andy live. I always watch the matches on TV but have never gone to anything live. I never have enough money to get tickets.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Trust me, you have it right on.. I was beyond lucky. How it all went down is that my dad was in NYC for business (while the rest of us were vacationing), and he just so happened to be doing business with some guys that had tickets.. So, as a favor, he received two tickets.. Total once in a lifetime situation.. LOL My dad happened to mention to them that his daughter loved Roddick and was a huge tennis fan, and before he knew it, they were offering him two tickets.. Very nice gentlemen, to say the least.

I was beyond excited whenever my dad came back and handed me those tickets. I think I screamed so loud with joy, that everyone in Manhattan heard me!

But yes, it was an awesome experience and I am so honored to have witnessed Andy winning his first of many (cuz we just know he will win more ) US Open titles.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Thanks. Next one is yours again.
Okay then

Quote:
Yeah, I hope we get something before the season ends. Although, I might even just be elated if they are still together at season's end. I'm still nervous about that one. But yeah, hopefully we get more kissing between them.. They should just realize that they are getting each other sick no matter how conservative they are trying to be, so don't hold back on the screen.
true. Maybe this should go to the gossip thread but I wonder how the other one got sick and then the other etc

Quote:
You were, indeed. That seems so incredible regarding the miles we are apart and the time difference, etc..
Yeah

I like sports too (ice hockey and tennis are my favourites) I don't love Roddick but he's a great player (I'm a Serena Williams and Pete Sampras fan). You got to see him? Wow, that must have been exciting. And Mandy was there? I read that they aren't together anymore though.

Laura|
Old 02-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
Okay then
I love normalcy and that means you starting the threads.

Quote:
true. Maybe this should go to the gossip thread but I wonder how the other one got sick and then the other etc
lol I wonder that also. Why isn't Sarah or Chris getting sick? Why just G/E?

Quote:
I like sports too (ice hockey and tennis are my favourites) I don't love Roddick but he's a great player (I'm a Serena Williams and Pete Sampras fan). You got to see him? Wow, that must have been exciting. And Mandy was there? I read that they aren't together anymore though.
I bet hockey is big in Finland? Yeah, seeing Roddick was amazing. Mandy was there because at the time, they were still very much together.. After he won, he came up to the stands to embrace her. It was sweet.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Andy Roddick is probably my favorite male tennis player besides Andre Agassi. I still think that Andy was insane to break up with Mandy, but that is neither here nor there.

Anyhoo, I hadn't posted on this thread in forever, so I thought I'd pop in and see what was going on.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Jay
Master Fan

not to sound gay....but he's a great looking tennis player he's awesome at it.

yea i hope greenie stays together at the end. i just the hope the pregnancy issue doesn't wreck them up especially when and if Ephram finds out that His pa knew as well as Amy.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

YAY! More Roddick fans! The Crow... I absolutely love Agassi, also. Hands down, Roddick and Agassi are my all time favs.. Sampras, I liked, but his game was so slow and repetitious in that he had the serve/volley deal going on where the points were over in a split second.. I love to see longer points and Roddick and Agassi are masters at dictating a point, etc. But yes, Agassi and Roddick are "IT" for me.. I find it absolutely phenomenal that Agassi is still playing.. He is one remarkable guy.

Yeah, Andy and Mandy were so cute together.. Their embrace at the US Open was so sweet.. Too bad they broke up.

Also, NO, you haven't been on this thread in a while and it's nice to see you here again. Don't be a stranger over here.

Jay.. Totally awesome that even a guy can comment on Roddick's physical appearance. Oh yes, this girl is all about loving to watch Roddick run around on the tennis court.

Regarding E/A.. Yeah, I'm very nervous about what happens with them.. It seem like they have the potential to get through everything.. I just hope that Berlanti doesn't break them up to create cheap drama at the end of 3.. He should know that the E/A love story is far too precious to mess with it just for the sake of shaking things up..
Old 02-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love normalcy and that means you starting the threads.
I'll try to do my best.

Quote:
Why isn't Sarah or Chris getting sick? Why just G/E?
That's the big mystery

Quote:
I bet hockey is big in Finland? Yeah, seeing Roddick was amazing. Mandy was there because at the time, they were still very much together.. After he won, he came up to the stands to embrace her. It was sweet.
Oh yeah, it's huge here! That sounds sweet. I do like Agassi as well and it is quite amazing that he's still playing.

Quote:
Regarding E/A.. Yeah, I'm very nervous about what happens with them.. It seem like they have the potential to get through everything.. I just hope that Berlanti doesn't break them up to create cheap drama at the end of 3.. He should know that the E/A love story is far too precious to mess with it just for the sake of shaking things up..
Word. I think that if E/A stay together after the finale episode of season 3, we have made some kind of history. How many couples stay together for one full tv season?

Laura|
Old 02-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'll try to do my best.

Quote:
That's the big mystery
Very much so.

Quote:
Oh yeah, it's huge here! That sounds sweet. I do like Agassi as well and it is quite amazing that he's still playing.
Yeah, I figured you Finns love hockey.. Do you guys have professional hockey teams within your country or just one in team Finland that plays against other European countries?

Regarding Agassi.. Yeah, in the tennis world, he's considered a senior citizen. It amazes me how fit the dude is and he can keep up with the teens that play out there and not only that, Agassi ends up wearing out those teens! It's unreal.

Quote:
Word. I think that if E/A stay together after the finale episode of season 3, we have made some kind of history. How many couples stay together for one full tv season?
Seriously. It would have to be some kind of history.. I am happy enough that our couple has been together since the end of last year! That is outstanding.. And to see them work through all their issues in a mature and loving manner this entire season has been a joy to watch.. Their love is strong and pure. Well, all about true love. Yes, if Berlanti keeps them together at the end of three, it will be an incredible accomplishment.. Then again, if they do break up or "take a break," for as disappointed as I'll be, I will also know that we have had a very long run with them regardless.. And if they do break up for a while, which will sadden me, but I know that it will only be a matter of time before they reunite..
Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Trust me, you have it right on.. I was beyond lucky. How it all went down is that my dad was in NYC for business (while the rest of us were vacationing), and he just so happened to be doing business with some guys that had tickets.. So, as a favor, he received two tickets.. Total once in a lifetime situation.. LOL My dad happened to mention to them that his daughter loved Roddick and was a huge tennis fan, and before he knew it, they were offering him two tickets.. Very nice gentlemen, to say the least.

I was beyond excited whenever my dad came back and handed me those tickets. I think I screamed so loud with joy, that everyone in Manhattan heard me!

But yes, it was an awesome experience and I am so honored to have witnessed Andy winning his first of many (cuz we just know he will win more ) US Open titles.
It's so great that your dad just got tickets and it turned out to be the first US Open Andy won. That would be the perfect thing. You guys should come over to the Andy Roddick thread on the Sports Board.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks angelface211.. Yeah, I have been on the Sports board/Roddick Thread before and I will certainly have to make it a point to get over there more often..
Old 02-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:

Jay.. Totally awesome that even a guy can comment on Roddick's physical appearance. Oh yes, this girl is all about loving to watch Roddick run around on the tennis court.
i saw on TSN...him and Anna K joking against eachother on the court and the fans were laughing at it. He did some kind of dance....i think it's her dance originally. i don't know...but it was funny as hell. Even the fans were into it.

back to greenie....gosh...we need more lovin' between them.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
I'll try to do my best.How many couples stay together for one full tv season?
ahem...what about Nathan/Haley and Pacey/Joey? (don't forget about the summer).
Old 02-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_10
i saw on TSN...him and Anna K joking against eachother on the court and the fans were laughing at it. He did some kind of dance....i think it's her dance originally. i don't know...but it was funny as hell. Even the fans were into it.
Yep, I saw that! Roddick and Anna had a great banter going on.. Great stuff. Roddick has a very infectious personality and I think in general, people gravitate to him because of it..

Quote:
back to greenie....gosh...we need more lovin' between them.
Yes we do.. But if it's true that they have limited the on screen kissing because of G/E getting each other sick for the past several months, I don't know if that's going to change for a while, anyway. Our luck, by the time they are both 100% healthy and they don't need to be conservative on the screen, will be whenever E/A break up. I hope not, though.

Yeah, NH have lasted a long while but then again, look what Mark is doing to them now? Gotta suck to be a NH fan right now. And PJ were definitely together for over a season.. Then again, their break up was incredibly contrived and way OOC for Pacey to blow up at prom and break up with her, in my opinion.. Of course, break ups always suck no matter how you dice it..

I think with E/A though.. For me, they have the best definition of what it's like to be in a mature relationship and find true love at such an early age.. I mean, they have had problems and stuff, but they always find a way to stay together.. Their relationship is healthy to the core, and one that is so precious, that I will seriously be wanting to throw my TV if Berlanti messes with them in a completely crazed way. I just hope he handles them with care.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

The unusual (even for Amy) amount of angst Amy has felt since she received the bad news from Harold; her incredibly loving gesture of not telling Ephram the news; the sensitivity of her graceful avoidance of going with him to New York; the heartfelt "I love you's" on the phone: I think the girl is really, really, in love.
His heartfelt appreciation at her organizing the surprise party; his sincere "I love you's"; his consideration of Amy's feelings about him arranging the breakfast with Madison; his "like meeting a cousin" remark: I think the boy is really, really in love.
Amy should finally, once and for all, be re-assured that Ephram has no romantic interest in Madision; and that he loves her only.
All of this said, what does she have to worry about? No matter what the baby scenario turns out to be, I can't see Ephram giving up completely on his future. If he tanks his audition and ends up at Colorado A&M; well she's already demonstrated her willingness to go where he goes. I just cannot accept that Ephram will become a day-to-day father. If there is a baby, I'm betting on an adoption scenario, in which Ephram's life would, for all practical purposes, go on as before (other than any career-related fallout from the shock of hearing the news). Yes, he's going to be mightily pissed when he hears about the deception, but he has no reason to be mad at her. She only did what he did by sending in the Princeton application; try to protect his future.
I guess what I'm saying here is that, unless Ephram feels some mis-guided obligation to make some sort of go with Madison for the baby's sake, there is no practical reason for Ephram and Amy's relationship to be broken either by Babygate or Princetongate. If anything it should become stronger when Ephram turns to her for comfort. Of course, he may freak out completely and hole up in his room, leaving only to flip burgers at the Dairy Queen, but I think Ephram is too strong for that.
If I were Amy, I would forget about Madison altogether and quietly resolve that she was going to be the one who gets Ephram through this crisis, and that their relationship is going to be stronger than ever afterward. The two of them against the world.....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread