Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKRO
The unusual (even for Amy) amount of angst Amy has felt since she received the bad news from Harold; her incredibly loving gesture of not telling Ephram the news; the sensitivity of her graceful avoidance of going with him to New York; the heartfelt "I love you's" on the phone: I think the girl is really, really, in love.
His heartfelt appreciation at her organizing the surprise party; his sincere "I love you's"; his consideration of Amy's feelings about him arranging the breakfast with Madison; his "like meeting a cousin" remark: I think the boy is really, really in love.
Nicely put. I have never felt the E/A love as strongly as I do right now, and that speaks volumes because I have always felt their love, really, ever since season 1. It's just that now, and my title choice has something to do with this, I feel like what they really have together is being proven in spades that it is all about true love. It's the real deal. I feel like the tag of "meant to be" has taken on a new meaning.. Not only are they meant to be, they are without a doubt, destined for that happy ending with each other no matter what is thrown in their way. It's very obvious to me.

Quote:
Amy should finally, once and for all, be re-assured that Ephram has no romantic interest in Madision; and that he loves her only.
I honestly think she finally sees and feels this. Whenever Ephram told her that he bumped into Madison, which, btw, how awesome was Ephram for being up front in keeping the communication lines flowing by involving Amy in this.. Not only letting her know, but making it quite clear that if she was bothered by it, he wouldn't even see Madison the next day. That was incredible.. But notice how Amy wasn't even bothered by Madison, per say. Her only goal was hoping against hope that Madison doesn't spill the beans and shatter Ephram's chances at succeeding in his audition. That was Amy's focus and concern.. The deep love this girl has for Ephram is almost without words..

Quote:
All of this said, what does she have to worry about?
I thought about this and what I can come up with is being a female and being in love with who she knows is "the guy" for her, she might be experiencing the devastation that her and Ephram won't be going through the first time they ever get pregnant together, in exactly the same way, now, because Ephram has already created a human life with someone else. In Amy's mind, that has to be a little tough for her to swallow.. Maybe she hasn't thought about this yet, maybe she has. Either way, it has to be devastating to know that Ephram created something miraculous and special with someone other than her, no matter what the circumstances..

Quote:
I guess what I'm saying here is that, unless Ephram feels some mis-guided obligation to make some sort of go with Madison for the baby's sake, there is no practical reason for Ephram and Amy's relationship to be broken either by Babygate or Princetongate. If anything it should become stronger when Ephram turns to her for comfort.
Oh, ITA. And I don't think for one minute that Ephram would ever want to give it a go with Madison. I really don't. Maybe that's the E/A shipper in me that is all about denial, but I honestly could never see that happening. Ephram and even Madison, are way over the romance that they once shared.. It's very obvious with Ephram.. I just don't think that even for the sake of "doing the right thing," that they would both even consider this. I don't even think it's an option. I also could never see Ephram turning his back on his one true love for a scenario that makes absolutely not one ounce of sense for everyone involved.

Quote:
If I were Amy, I would forget about Madison altogether and quietly resolve that she was going to be the one who gets Ephram through this crisis, and that their relationship is going to be stronger than ever afterward. The two of them against the world.....
I agree. I love the against the world scenario with E/A. They certainly have the strength to do this.. I remember that for as far back as May of last year, whenever this terrible storyline tortured us on the screen, everyone generally agreed that the key to E/A getting through this depended on the state of their relationship at the moment of the revelation, and just how strong their relationship was. Well, it's here now and I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that E/A are in the best possible, place in their relationship in order to conquer the troubling times ahead.. Together.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Does anyone know if 7th Heaven is renewed? b/c I was think that maybe the WB is trying Summerland at the 9:00pm spot because they plan to cancel 7th Heaven and move Everwood to 8:00pm. OR Maybe 7th Heaven is going to a different night and Everwood is moving to 8:00. I think Everwood deserves an 8:00pm spot. The show has enough fan base now to start off the primetime shows. Perhaps they don't want to put two of their best shows on one night.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-28-2005, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, from what I heard, 7th Heaven has already been renewed for next year. ITA, Lit, that our show deserves that 7:00 PM Central spot.. I'm not exactly sure what they are doing as far as the timeslots for 7th Heaven/Everwood/Summerland.. Something tells me, though, that they are keeping the same Monday lineup with 7th Heaven/Everwood.. I could be wrong..

Hey Lit, I absolutely LOVE you av!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
I thought about this and what I can come up with is being a female and being in love with who she knows is "the guy" for her, she might be experiencing the devastation that her and Ephram won't be going through the first time they ever get pregnant together, in exactly the same way, now, because Ephram has already created a human life with someone else. In Amy's mind, that has to be a little tough for her to swallow.. Maybe she hasn't thought about this yet, maybe she has. Either way, it has to be devastating to know that Ephram created something miraculous and special with someone other than her, no matter what the circumstances..
I don't know. While any child they had wouldn't technically be Ephram's first, he didn't get to experience all the excitement/fear/anticipation that would come with finding out his girlfriend/wife is pregnant. He didn't get to help pick out a name, decorate the room, go to le mans classes, or even get a say in its future. Instead, he is going to be blindsided with the fact that either Madison had an abortion, or that he already has a kid somewhere, possibly in someone else's care. He and Amy can still have their own 'first child' experience in spirit, if not in actuality.

Quote:
Yeah, from what I heard, 7th Heaven has already been renewed for next year. ITA, Lit, that our show deserves that 7:00 PM Central spot.. I'm not exactly sure what they are doing as far as the timeslots for 7th Heaven/Everwood/Summerland.. Something tells me, though, that they are keeping the same Monday lineup with 7th Heaven/Everwood.. I could be wrong..
It still baffles me that 7th Heaven is still the WB's highest rated show. I used to watch it years ago, but the storylines (and at times the acting) have just gotten so laughable that it pains me. That being said, I think that Summerland actually pairs with 7th Heaven better, because they both have that schmaltzy air about them...although Summerland doesn't have it as bad.

I don't know where they could move Everwood though. I don't know what other show I'd want them to pair it with.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Addicted Fan

first off-i thought seventh heaven was quitting at the end of this year. sad to see that it isn't

secondly..i just assumed they were showing summerland now because they were going to try to start that tri-season thing...although why they didn't finish everwood is beyond me....remember, this IS the WB we're talking about.
-maria
Old 02-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Do you guys have professional hockey teams within your country or just one in team Finland that plays against other European countries?
We have professional hockey teams. I'm not a big fan of those (maybe because my city doesn't have one) but when it's national championship time, I'm there

Quote:
Then again, if they do break up or "take a break," for as disappointed as I'll be, I will also know that we have had a very long run with them regardless..
At least we have that..

About Anna Kournikova, I know she wasn't the best player but she sure was pretty to look at (and that hair ). I guess it was my time to be shallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_10
ahem...what about Nathan/Haley and Pacey/Joey? (don't forget about the summer).
I don't watch OTH but yeah, P/J stayed together for awhile. But it's a rare thing to happen on tv these days.

Quote:
Yeah, NH have lasted a long while but then again, look what Mark is doing to them now? Gotta suck to be a NH fan right now.
So I'm not a OTH fan but I'm intrigued, what is this Mark guy doing that it's so bad? N/H fans seem to be pissed....

I can't believe 7th Heaven is renewed. The actors still want to do that show?? I also don't understand why it's WB's highest rated show... Is it wrong to hope that Summerland.....sinks? (I seem to wish that a lot ). As long as it's not going to mess up with Everwood. I hope Everwood stays on Mondays, where else could they put it?

Laura|
Old 02-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
I don't know. While any child they had wouldn't technically be Ephram's first, he didn't get to experience all the excitement/fear/anticipation that would come with finding out his girlfriend/wife is pregnant. He didn't get to help pick out a name, decorate the room, go to le mans classes, or even get a say in its future. Instead, he is going to be blindsided with the fact that either Madison had an abortion, or that he already has a kid somewhere, possibly in someone else's care. He and Amy can still have their own 'first child' experience in spirit, if not in actuality.
You're definitely right on about this.. I poorly worded what I was trying to say in a very stupid way. LOL What I was trying to get at is that for right now, Amy could be experiencing some depression just at the thought of knowing that Ephram created a life with someone else, other than her. You're right, all signs point to Ephram actually having a nightmare of a time if and when it comes out that he is the father to Madison's child and was completely left out of the process thanks to Andy and Madison's heartless choices.. I was just trying to dive into Amy's very current state of mind about the situation.

Quote:
We have professional hockey teams. I'm not a big fan of those (maybe because my city doesn't have one) but when it's national championship time, I'm there
Is the national championship a European thing where it's country against country?

Quote:
About Anna Kournikova, I know she wasn't the best player but she sure was pretty to look at (and that hair ). I guess it was my time to be shallow
Yeah, I think she's beautiful.. It's too bad that she developed so many injuries because she really did have some talent as a tennis player. Sure, she was never going to outslug the Williams sisters, but she had talent in many other areas of her game.. It would have been nice to see an injury free Anna going at it just to see where she would size up against the Williams sisters, Capriati, Davenport, the two Belgians, etc..

Quote:
So I'm not a OTH fan but I'm intrigued, what is this Mark guy doing that it's so bad? N/H fans seem to be pissed....
Well, even though I stopped watching the show, so I am not completely on top of what's going on, but while I was watching, Mark was messing with NH in that he had Haley all intrigued and preoccupied with this Chris guy.. Some dude that was in music just like her.. And NH have pretty much been fighting this entire season. In other words, Mark certainly isn't showing the NH marriage as running smoothly in the least.. OTH and NH fans could probably answer this better than me, though, as I only know the general stuff..

Regarding Summerland.. I've never watched the show once. In fact, I didn't even know the show existed until I heard it was taking Everwood's hiatus spot. So yeah, I have not one ounce of an emotional connection to this show.. I'm just pissed that it has taken our hiatus spot. It should have taken 7th Heaven's spot.

Regarding 7th Heaven.. I think the reason why it is still very highly rated is because it attracts many age groups.. Lots of adults watch it with their children, etc. It is very family oriented, and that's probably why.. Even though I have never even watched a full episode of the show because it is way too cheesy for my liking.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

I liked Summerland. It was just the right balance of cheese and drama, with a little bit of 'bad' child acting. I still don't know why the WB has decided to show it instead of Everwood reruns though. In a perfect world (I guess) I'd like to see Summerland and Everwood on a Monday night. That would be better than 7th Heaven.

Re: Anna Kournikova

I never got what everyone saw in her. I didn't think she was that pretty. She has a nice body, but that is all...and it overshadowed any tennis prowess she had.

I've always thought that Maria Sharapova was much better looking, and she's actually a good player. She's won more tournaments already than Kournikova ever did (zero).
Old 02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love Sharapova. I watched the match that she beat Serena at Wimbledon for the title. Oh, was that something to see. Yes, she is very beautiful.. She is Slovak, if I'm not mistaken, and I love that about her, being that I am 50% Slovak (Great-Grandparent's on my Mom's side came to PA from Slovakia).. I appreciate little things like that.

Yes, Sharaprova is a joy to watch. I also think she is much better looking than Anna. For me, Anna is beautiful in kind of a sexy way whereas Maria is more of a classic and natural beauty. Maria's also sexy, but you get my point.. In other words, I would compare Maria to the likes of EVC. Has that natural thing going on to perfection. Just my opinion.

Regarding Summerland.. I've never seen it, and I probably never will, but I would certainly prefer it being on Monday's with Everwood instead of 7th Heaven. I think the two would match up better together as I think people would tune in and watch both shows instead of how it is now where most people only watch 7th Heaven or Everwood on Monday's.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watch 7th Heaven every now and then and I don't understand why it's still on. I was so surprised that it got renewed. I can't belive it the WB's highest rated shows, it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know. Doesn't make an ounce of sense. Parents watching with the kids is the only way I can come close to making sense to why the ratings are high for the show. Who knows, though. I'm shocked that even the actors aren't sick of the gig by now.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Even with families watching it doesn't make sense. I mean the show just repeats it's storylines over and over agian with each kid. It's so repitive that you'd think everyone would be sick of this show including the actors.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

7th heaven just annoys me. I don't know why but it always has. It's just too goodie, goodie. What really got me was when the women at Lucy's baby shower rearranged the entire house how they thought it should be. Who would actually do that? Personally, I would be pretty PO if were the Camdens. lol It's just too out there for me now...they've gone through more storylines then I can think of and now they're starting to use them again. ahhh Everwood is a million times better.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm shocked that even the actors aren't sick of the gig by now.

For the record, started this before but my pc is a stupid piece of junk.

Anyway i think the reason that at least some of the actors are still on is because in this day of failed entertainment endevours and the 35 day movie shoot, the show provides a steady paycheck. And the younger ones have never really known any other gig besides this one, it's a part of them.
-maria
Old 03-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
ahhh Everwood is a million times better.
LOL,it's not even on the same planet.7th Heaven is corny,useless,with bad storylines and bad writing,while Everwood show us what good TV is.