Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2022, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I had forgotten that I posted that here.

Quote:
I'll post it in the next post, but a lot of it is dated now as I wrote it when the show was still on.

I'm not sure. When the Media Blvd. split happened in 2003, Media Blvd. started hosting the websites that Fan Forum had hosted and the original agreement was that the Fan Forum message boards would be the message boards for Media Blvd., but then Media Blvd. created their own message boards and they tried to get everyone from Fan Forum to go over there, and when that didn't work, they hacked us to try and destroy us, but all these years later they're no longer around and we're still here.

It looks like someone must have acquired the Crashdown domain name as I just found it: Crashdown.com – A Secret Shared, A World Revealed, A Truth… Forever

This website is a Roswell Website for the original show, but it's not the one that Fan Forum created and hosted or the one that Media Blvd. hosted. I'm assuming that when Media Blvd. folded, someone must have bought the rights to the website name or they just acquired the website name.
Interesting. Boy did Media Blvd. get burned. LOL. I remember stumbling upon that site back in the day. I wasn’t very impressed and once I saw I never looked back.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
^^^ Wow, Jerry, that is brilliant writing. You combine intellect with heartfelt emotion effortlessly. You even caused me to go back to that time period when I loved them so much as well. Flawless. I’m very moved.
Thanks so much! I really put my heart into writing that years ago. Too bad we were all so badly betrayed.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-30-2022, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks so much! I really put my heart into writing that years ago. Too bad we were all so badly betrayed.
You certainly did, Jerry, as it’s plain as day you went there.

I’ve always thought you have the title “writer” next to your name because you have such a way with words.

Thank you for sharing and I’ve added this brilliant writing piece in the OP.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You certainly did, Jerry, as it’s plain as day you went there.

I’ve always thought you have the title “writer” next to your name because you have such a way with words.

Thank you for sharing and I’ve added this brilliant writing piece in the OP.
Thanks so much Michelle!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-31-2022, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks so much Michelle!
Old 07-31-2022, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wrote "A Story of Soulmates" in Season Four, so like I said, a lot of what I wrote is dated now, but you can view it as a historical document that shows how much I loved them back then.
Loved reading it!
Old 08-01-2022, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, you are so talented!
Old 08-01-2022, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry, you are so talented!
Thanks so much!

It's really too bad that Kevin Williamson did such a disservice to the Dawson and Joey fans, because we were strung along for so many years and we kept hope alive that we'd get our happy ending only to have to cruelly and cynically taken away from us. At least with Everwood we got our happy ending.

Old 08-01-2022, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks so much!

It's really too bad that Kevin Williamson did such a disservice to the Dawson and Joey fans, because we were strung along for so many years and we kept hope alive that we'd get our happy ending only to have to cruelly and cynically taken away from us. At least with Everwood we got our happy ending.
That is precisely how I feel. I feel like six years were completely wasted. The writers absolutely knew what they were doing. They understood Dawson and Joey fans only hung on to get the ending. Some left early S3 but others stuck around or checked in from time-to-time. They literally manipulated this part of the fanbase. Their joke of a series finale is their Karma though. Look at the main executives in charge of Dawson’s Creek… none of them did much after the series. Berlanti made it big but he got out and wasn’t around at all during the last part of the series.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That is precisely how I feel. I feel like six years were completely wasted. The writers absolutely knew what they were doing. They understood Dawson and Joey fans only hung on to get the ending. Some left early S3 but others stuck around or checked in from time-to-time. They literally manipulated this part of the fanbase. Their joke of a series finale is their Karma though. Look at the main executives in charge of Dawson’s Creek… none of them did much after the series. Berlanti made it big but he got out and wasn’t around at all during the last part of the series.
That's so true. I'm especially glad that Paul Stupin hasn't been involved with any show for the last five years. and all Kevin Williamson is doing is rehashes of Scream. Like you said, it's Karma.

Old 08-01-2022, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's so true. I'm especially glad that Paul Stupin hasn't been involved with any show for the last five years. and all Kevin Williamson is doing is rehashes of Scream. Like you said, it's Karma.
Completely karma. I wonder if Williamson is envious of Berlanti's Everwood and everything else that followed. I know at one point they were good friends.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Completely karma. I wonder if Williamson is envious of Berlanti's Everwood and everything else that followed. I know at one point they were good friends.
I would say that he would have to be. Williamson's problem is that he never finished what he started, and he would walk away from the shows he created and leave them in the hands of incompetent people.

Greg Berlanti did that to a point in Season Three of Everwood by leaving mostly everything in the hands of Rita Mimoun, but he came back in Season Four and he gave us a great season with a very satisfying ending.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I would say that he would have to be. Williamson's problem is that he never finished what he started, and he would walk away from the shows he created and leave them in the hands of incompetent people.
I guess he's the type to always look for something bigger and better and never being satisfied with what's in front of him. Unacceptable, Williamson, because you screwed over your audience not once, but twice, and that bigger and better chase got you nowhere.

Quote:
Greg Berlanti did that to a point in Season Three of Everwood by leaving mostly everything in the hands of Rita Mimoun, but he came back in Season Four and he gave us a great season with a very satisfying ending.
Precisely. I remember reading an interview where Berlanti stated he wasn't going to be directly involved daily in S3 but he was well aware of the S3 map he constructed with the others so he was 100% involved still if even from a distance. Now of course we could tell he wasn't directly involved and Rina did her thing but the big storylines and what was going on, Berlanti knew about as they constructed a roadmap.

Williamson, when he left after S2 (and some say he was gone even during the last part of S2) never checked in until the series finale. Think about that... series finale. Pathetic.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks so much!

When I heard KW agreed to come back for the series finale I was really excited thinking he’d deliver the DJ ending, boy was I wrong.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
When I heard KW agreed to come back for the series finale I was really excited thinking he’d deliver the DJ ending, boy was I wrong.
I thought the same thing. He really let everyone down by caving in to Stupin.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread