Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2022, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
What I think happened is that Katie Holmes became very popular on the Internet, (she was one of the first actresses to become popular on the Internet, with people creating websites for her) and Paul Stupin and Co., who did have an awareness of the Internet, saw that and they hedged all their bets on Katie, which was a big mistake. Katie Holmes initially had a girl-next-door appeal, and in Season One she was the underdog that everyone rooted for to get the boy of her dreams, but after Season One she became the IT girl that no mere mortal could resist, and Katie's looks were already starting to fade in the later seasons and she didn't have the talent to carry the whole show, and the show suffered for it.

Roswell didn't do that with Shiri, Majandra, or Katherine Heigl.
Oh right, Katherine Heigl as well.

I think you nailed what happened with Dawson’s Creek and Katie Holmes. I was just starting to get my feet wet as a regular user of the Internet back then so wasn’t fully aware of what was going on with her and the show. I just tuned in without the online presence initially. I couldn’t imagine how people must have been obsessed with her which is actually really creepy when you think about it because when the series started she was just out of high school. Then again, I experienced the Harry Potter Series and how weird mostly adult men were with a 12/13 year old Emma Watson which was so disturbing and much worse.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Oh right, Katherine Heigl as well.

I think you nailed what happened with Dawson’s Creek and Katie Holmes. I was just starting to get my feet wet as a regular user of the Internet back then so wasn’t fully aware of what was going on with her and the show. I just tuned in without the online presence initially. I couldn’t imagine how people must have been obsessed with her which is actually really creepy when you think about it because when the series started she was just out of high school. Then again, I experienced the Harry Potter Series and how weird mostly adult men were with a 12/13 year old Emma Watson which was so disturbing and much worse.
Most of the "fans" of Katie Holmes then (and the ones that started websites that were devoted to her) were creepy college guys who wanted to talk about how "hot" she was. When I first got a computer in 1998 and I first got on the Internet, I did a search to find out information about Dawson's Creek, and I visited one of those sites (which are no longer around) and I was creeped out by it, but one of those websites linked me here to Fan Forum, and I've been here ever since.

I never was in the Harry Potter fandom so I didn't know about guys obsessing about Emma Watson when she was a teenager, but unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me as there are a lot of creepy people out there.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-06-2022, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Most of the "fans" of Katie Holmes then (and the ones that started websites that were devoted to her) were creepy college guys who wanted to talk about how "hot" she was. When I first got a computer in 1998 and I first got on the Internet, I did a search to find out information about Dawson's Creek, and I visited one of those sites (which are no longer around) and I was creeped out by it, but one of those websites linked me here to Fan Forum, and I've been here ever since.
Yikes. Then again, I guess they were around the same age even if obviously they were watching for the wrong reasons. All they needed was to wait it out a couple more years and realize their drool wasn't worth it.

Glad you found one of their sites though.

I instantly found first. I guess it was FATE for multiple reasons.

Quote:
I never was in the Harry Potter fandom so I didn't know about guys obsessing about Emma Watson when she was a teenager, but unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me as there are a lot of creepy people out there.
Oh, it was so nasty, Jerry. So problematic. I guess some did the same with Dan as well but the Emma stuff was out of control vile and disturbing. The funny part is Emma looks nothing like Hermione which made it even more to me.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yikes. Then again, I guess they were around the same age even if obviously they were watching for the wrong reasons. All they needed was to wait it out a couple more years and realize their drool wasn't worth it.

Quote:
Glad you found one of their sites though.

I instantly found first. I guess it was FATE for multiple reasons.
Yes it was!

Quote:
Oh, it was so nasty, Jerry. So problematic. I guess some did the same with Dan as well but the Emma stuff was out of control vile and disturbing. The funny part is Emma looks nothing like Hermione which made it even more to me.
Man, that's creepy. The only movie where they made an attempt to have Emma look like Hermione was the first movie. After that, they didn't even try.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-06-2022, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Yes it was!

Man, that's creepy. The only movie where they made an attempt to have Emma look like Hermione was the first movie. After that, they didn't even try.
Exactly, with the bushy hair. Her look in general was off based on the real Hermione but at least they tried to make her somewhat look like her with the hair.

Yes, it was so disturbing. I hope Emma wasn't aware of what some of the sick part of the fandom felt about her. I was even wrong above about her age when she first started the series... just looked it up... Emma Watson was 10 when she portrayed Hermione Granger. That is all kinds of sickening.

Back to Katie... I never understood the appeal. Cute but I have no idea how anyone would look at her in S1 and be taken in by her looks. Emily VanCamp, another story.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly, with the bushy hair. Her look in general was off based on the real Hermione but at least they tried to make her somewhat look like her with the hair.
I think they tried to have Emma wear fake buck teeth like Hermione, but it didn't work or something.

Quote:
Yes, it was so disturbing. I hope Emma wasn't aware of what some of the sick part of the fandom felt about her. I was even wrong above about her age when she first started the series... just looked it up... Emma Watson was 10 when she portrayed Hermione Granger. That is all kinds of sickening.
Wow, they started making leering comments about Emma when she was 10? That really is sickening.

Quote:
Back to Katie... I never understood the appeal. Cute but I have no idea how anyone would look at her in S1 and be taken in by her looks. Emily VanCamp, another story.
In Season One, Katie Holmes had a girl-next-door appeal, but that appeal had already started to fade in the later seasons. Emily was and is much more beautiful than Katie, and Emily has aged really well, where Katie . . . .

Old 07-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think they tried to have Emma wear fake buck teeth like Hermione, but it didn't work or something.
Oh yes, exactly right. Same with Dan and trying to get him to wear green contacts since Harry's eyes are so important to the series but Dan couldn't go there so it didn't happen.

Quote:
Wow, they started making leering comments about Emma when she was 10? That really is sickening.
I think she got the part at age 10 so they didn't notice and start being weird until she was around 12. Awful. Gross. It's literally pedophilia.

Quote:
In Season One, Katie Holmes had a girl-next-door appeal, but that appeal had already started to fade in the later seasons. Emily was and is much more beautiful than Katie, and Emily has aged really well, where Katie . . . .
Old 07-15-2022, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

JOSHUA JACKSON TURNS 44 — 'DAWSON'S CREEK' STARS: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
Old 07-15-2022, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Thanks for that article. Some of the actors haven't changed all that much while some definitely have changed.

The article linked to a picture of Suri Cruise, Katie Holmes' daughter:

I think that she looks a lot like Katie in this picture. Time really flies by doesn't it?

Old 07-16-2022, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You’re welcome.

I see Katie but really see a combination of the two.

Time definitely flies by.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You’re welcome.

I see Katie but really see a combination of the two.

Time definitely flies by.
Yes, I also see some of her father in Suri too.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I also see some of her father in Suri too.
Which is actually a good thing for Suri in the future.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Which is actually a good thing for Suri in the future.

Old 07-16-2022, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Old 07-19-2022, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is so telling… James didn’t even remember what happened to Michelle’s character in the series finale:

Quote:
… James Van Der Beek said in an interview with Andy Cohen said that he didn't recall how Jen's story ended. When Cohen asked, "Do you think producers went too far in giving Jen, Michelle Willams, a heart condition and killing her off even though she left behind a baby?" Van Der Beek asked, "Wait a minute -- they gave her a heart condition?"

When Cohen asked, "Were you for or against that storyline? Or do you not remember?" Van Der Beek responded, "I don't remember."
The rest: https://www.thethings.com/heres-what...series-finale/

James literally stopped caring WHILE the series was still on air live, so it makes sense he would not remember parts of the series after the series was completed. But something big like Jen dying?! Telling. LOL.

Yet… if you asked Emily VanCamp or Greg Smith how Everwood ended for Ephram/Amy and the series in general, I would bet money they could practically recite the transcript.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread