Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2022, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
This is so telling… James didn’t even remember what happened to Michelle’s character in the series finale:

The rest: https://www.thethings.com/heres-what...series-finale/

James literally stopped caring WHILE the series was still on air live, so it makes sense he would not remember parts of the series after the series was completed. But something big like Jen dying?! Telling. LOL.

Yet… if you asked Emily VanCamp or Greg Smith how Everwood ended for Ephram/Amy and the series in general, I would bet money they could practically recite the transcript.
That just shows how disengaged James was at that point, even though he interacted a lot with Michelle/Jen while she was dying in the series finale, and we also saw him tearfully look back at when Jen first stepped out of that cab and into his life in that flashback after she died.

To be honest though, it doesn't say much about James Van Der Beek's professional integrity that he didn't even remember that Jen died in the series finale. To be sure, the show had turned into a crapfest, but it did make him a star (for better or worse, as he'll always be known as Dawson) and it got him started on his career.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-19-2022, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That just shows how disengaged James was at that point, even though he interacted a lot with Michelle/Jen while she was dying in the series finale, and we also saw him tearfully look back at when Jen first stepped out of that cab and into his life in that flashback after she died.

To be honest though, it doesn't say much about James Van Der Beek's professional integrity that he didn't even remember that Jen died in the series finale. To be sure, the show had turned into a crapfest, but it did make him a star (for better or worse, as he'll always be known as Dawson) and it got him started on his career.
I couldn’t agree more. James/Dawson had a lot of interaction and awareness of Jen’s death in the series finale. It is not like it was Meredith not remembering when she was only available for one day and with Josh only.

Also completely agree about James. And I know this sounds bad but I blame him 100% for the PJ S6 revisit which allowed them as a viable endgame option. If James is not requesting only part-time status in the final season they would have written DJ differently, probably romantically together throughout most of the final season and the obvious series finale endgame.

James didn’t create PJ but he allowed them to have a resurrection which killed the series.
Old 07-19-2022, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I couldn’t agree more. James/Dawson had a lot of interaction and awareness of Jen’s death in the series finale. It is not like it was Meredith not remembering when she was only available for one day and with Josh only.

Also completely agree about James. And I know this sounds bad but I blame him 100% for the PJ S6 revisit which allowed them as a viable endgame option. If James is not requesting only part-time status in the final season they would have written DJ differently, probably romantically together throughout most of the final season and the obvious series finale endgame.

James didn’t create PJ but he allowed them to have a resurrection which killed the series.
I completely agree with you. He seems to be the most bitter about his Dawson's Creek days but if he hadn't checked out of the final season, the show, and James himself, would be viewed in a more positive light, because Dawson and Joey would have ended up together. So the bottom line is that his selfish actions sabotaged the show and his own career.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-19-2022, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I completely agree with you. He seems to be the most bitter about his Dawson's Creek days but if he hadn't checked out of the final season, the show, and James himself, would be viewed in a more positive light, because Dawson and Joey would have ended up together. So the bottom line is that his selfish actions sabotaged the show and his own career.
That’s it completely. Which is completely disrespectful to the fans that actually followed the series and expected it to make sense. James and Kevin both disrespected the fans. I would bet money deep Katie understands the wrong ending transpired. She would have to understand this.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That’s it completely. Which is completely disrespectful to the fans that actually followed the series and expected it to make sense. James and Kevin both disrespected the fans. I would bet money deep Katie understands the wrong ending transpired. She would have to understand this.
I'm sure she doesn't care though. She's become a Kardashian basically through her marriage to Tom Cruise. She's just tabloid fodder now, famous for nothing.

Old 07-20-2022, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm sure she doesn't care though. She's become a Kardashian basically through her marriage to Tom Cruise. She's just tabloid fodder now, famous for nothing.
Oh yeah, she certainly doesn’t care now. I do wonder what she thought when she found out how the series was ending.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh yeah, she certainly doesn’t care now. I do wonder what she thought when she found out how the series was ending.
I don't think that she cared much either way because the main storyline still focused on Joey and who she would choose. As always, everything was about Joey.

Old 07-21-2022, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't think that she cared much either way because the main storyline still focused on Joey and who she would choose. As always, everything was about Joey.
The series turned into Joey’s Creek.

But then again, where did it get her? Being the prized possession of the network did nothing for her future.

The one the network treated like garbage in Michelle Williams got her revenge as a future, award-winning actress everyone takes seriously.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The series turned into Joey’s Creek.

But then again, where did it get her? Being the prized possession of the network did nothing for her future.

The one the network treated like garbage in Michelle Williams got her revenge as a future, award-winning actress everyone takes seriously.
Well, the thing is that Katie Holmes was the prized possession on a crap show with very little talent and looks that quickly passed their expiration date. She's had a mediocre career that's basically over now.

Michelle Williams, on the other hand, was and is a supremely talented actress who put that crap show behind her and she's gone on to have a successful award-winning actress. Revenge is sweet!

Old 07-21-2022, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well, the thing is that Katie Holmes was the prized possession on a crap show with very little talent and looks that quickly passed their expiration date. She's had a mediocre career that's basically over now.

Michelle Williams, on the other hand, was and is a supremely talented actress who put that crap show behind her and she's gone on to have a successful award-winning actress. Revenge is sweet!
Really sweet!

Katie got caught up in the attention and then searched for the right celebrity man. She went for the short-term celebrity success. Tom Cruise doesn’t get any higher than rich and A-Lister but he is involved in a religious cult. She got burned searching for all the wrong things.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Really sweet!

Katie got caught up in the attention and then searched for the right celebrity man. She went for the short-term celebrity success. Tom Cruise doesn’t get any higher than rich and A-Lister but he is involved in a religious cult. She got burned searching for all the wrong things.
I have a feeling that she's set for life financially though and she's just famous now for who she dates and nothing else.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have a feeling that she's set for life financially though and she's just famous now for who she dates and nothing else.
She most certainly is. But look at how her career has been a joke and she subjected her daughter to a Scientology cult. She lost contact with all her friends and family for many years. She took a ridiculous path all for stupid money. In other words, she didn’t need money from Tom Cruise. Dawson’s Creek and whatever else she did would have set her for life. A millionaire is a millionaire.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
She most certainly is. But look at how her career has been a joke and she subjected her daughter to a Scientology cult. She lost contact with all her friends and family for many years. She took a ridiculous path all for stupid money. In other words, she didn’t need money from Tom Cruise. Dawson’s Creek and whatever else she did would have set her for life. A millionaire is a millionaire.
That's very true. At least she had the common sense to get herself and Suri away from Tom Cruise and his evil Scientology cult.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's very true. At least she had the common sense to get herself and Suri away from Tom Cruise and his evil Scientology cult.
100%. It helped that her dad was a lawyer.
Old 07-23-2022, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
100%. It helped that her dad was a lawyer.
I still find it incredible that a crackpot con-artist science fiction writer would start a "religion" and that so many people have joined that "religion."

Closed Thread   Post New Thread