Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2021, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I've said this many times. Eddie is Joey's best hookup, and as a poster stated; neither one of them can act
Old 04-27-2021, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM01 (View Post)
I love the bolded part you've written here because I've had those thoughts in my mind but haven't quite been able to write them down so coherently as you have here.

This was ultimately the reason why I thought they belonged together. Dawson's whole arc was basically about Joey, whether it was his childhood, his university years, his professional career, family drama etc. All of it was in some way however the slightest, connected to Joey. So now for him to not end up with her, it basically made him look like this desperate loser. I don't like to use such words on him because he was one my favourites but given how the writers portrayed him throughout the series, demonstrating how much he selflessly loved Joey, how significant she was in his life, how he was still willing to take her back after all the heartache she put him through, the way they finished his arc had in the end ruined his character's dignity. Once the series finale finished and the credits started rolling, I was left with a feeling of pity for Dawson. Not in the poetic 'not everyone gets a happy ending so that's sad' kind of way, but rather in the 'I feel sorry for you' kind of way. After Joey had put the final dagger in his heart and rejected him once again, I wanted to jump into the screen and give him a hug and tell him it'll be ok. Then to make things worse, Dawson looks even more pathetic where he appears all cheery and smiling and seemingly content with keeping in touch with Joey and Pacey discussing his show with them. Yuck. Just absolutely s***ting on Dawson's character.
I completely agree. You are so right about Dawson appearing to be a desperate loser and what made me so mad is precisely what you said... he really looked pathetic all happy and smiling over Pacey and Joey. BS. That never would have happened in a million years. Plus, some Pacey/Joey fans literally made fun of him saying he couldn't have Joey in real life so he needed to be with her on the small screen.

I have no idea why they destroyed Dawson's character like this. It was so wrong, the entire ending was an insult to anyone who remotely paid attention for six seasons. Infuriating.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
If you think about it they all were losers on that series except Joey. I also reject the thought that Pacey was a winner because he got Joey. In some ways he was the biggest loser.
Pacey received a prison sentence.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
I’m sure people would be in endless debate of who she ended up with in life, but, who cares, at least Jen would’ve been alive.
I would have loved that ending. Jen lives and even though we don't see Dawson/Joey officially reunite, based on the entire content of the show, if it's between Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Joey, everyone can fill in the blanks and see it would be Dawson/Joey.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Pacey received a prison sentence.
LOL! That reminds me when my best friend got married for the first time. His wife was, to put it politely a very unpleasant person, and one of his friends said to me "We're not going to a wedding, we're going to a sentencing!"

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-28-2021, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
LOL! That reminds me when my best friend got married for the first time. His wife was, to put it politely a very unpleasant person, and one of his friends said to me "We're not going to a wedding, we're going to a sentencing!"
Do the get along? Oh you said “for the first time” so they didn’t last? LOL. Hey, they’re PJ.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Do the get along? Oh you said “for the first time” so they didn’t last? LOL. Hey, they’re PJ.

Their marriage lasted a little under two years and then they got divorced.

My friend is on his third marriage now. I must be doing something wrong because I've only been married once! We'll be married 29 years this Sunday.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-28-2021, 04:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I got my 20 year Class of 2001 high school reunion invite today lol hard to believe that Coda turns 20 next month https://youtu.be/CRAe-71GrRA
Old 04-28-2021, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I got my 20 year Class of 2001 high school reunion invite today lol hard to believe that Coda turns 20 next month https://youtu.be/CRAe-71GrRA
Time goes by so quickly.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

Their marriage lasted a little under two years and then they got divorced.

My friend is on his third marriage now. I must be doing something wrong because I've only been married once! We'll be married 29 years this Sunday.
Congrats!
Old 04-28-2021, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Incredible how time cruises by.

I totally remember that promo. I was so excited.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I read that originally the show thought about bringing back the Actress from Beauty Contest as Pacey’s love interest in S2. Glad that didn’t happen and they hired MM.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I read that originally the show thought about bringing back the Actress from Beauty Contest as Pacey’s love interest in S2. Glad that didn’t happen and they hired MM.
I also heard that. It would have been an interesting paring, but I loved Andie.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

For some reason I can’t remember who that was?
Old 05-03-2021, 07:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
For some reason I can’t remember who that was?
Not sure the actress name, she had some pretty good banter with Pacey, but I liked Andie better.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread