Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2022, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

I guess the way to describe it is Lucas and Peyton had an intellectual meeting of the minds, emotional connection...

Nathan and Haley were emotionally connected but not intellectually, not in the way that Lucas and Peyton were.

Brooke and Lucas were the anti-intellectual, anti-emotional connection. LOL.
Pretty much sums it up

Quote:
YES! 100%!

The first time I saw Jake and Peyton in S1 interacting that is what I thought... okay, they will put Peyton temporarily with Jake because toxic superficial, ridiculous, Brooke and Lucas will do their thing and nauseate anyone with a clue knowing it should be Lucas and Peyton instead... but for a while Peyton will hang with Jake so Brooke and Lucas can be horrific together. Then it happened later once again when the network wanted to do Brooke and Lucas for a second time due to Chad and Sophia together for two seconds.

So yes, to me, Peyton and Jake were ALWAYS there to justify Brooke and Lucas. It was obvious. It was lame.
Sure was and Peyton deserved better than that.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Pretty much sums it up

Sure was and Peyton deserved better than that.

She certainly did.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

She certainly did.
No doubt about that
Old 04-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I guess the way to describe it is Lucas and Peyton had an intellectual meeting of the minds, emotional connection...

Nathan and Haley were emotionally connected but not intellectually, not in the way that Lucas and Peyton were.

Brooke and Lucas were the anti-intellectual, anti-emotional connection. LOL.
LMAO exactly. LP were very similar and connected in those ways. NH were opposite but the good kind of opposites that made each other better. BL were just polar opposites that really didnt ever click and it was only really about the sexual aspect... I do think Brooke loved Lucas but I never got the impression Lucas loved her.

I didnt hate Jake/Peyton in season 1 until she started watching jenny, and then it felt just like he was kinda using her as the babysitter? IDK, I wasnt a fan of that SL at all. Their little sweet moments and flirtation was cute before that, when they ewre normal teenagers. As soon as it turned into this weird like family dynamic, nah, I was not into it at all. And in season 2 it was pushed WAY TOO HARD. Jake comes back and theres instant like nervousness and weirdness with them? WHY? IN season 1 it was extremely platonic.

Michelle I agree about Amy, her depression was hard to watch but it was so well done and developed.

Ah you like rory/jess too??? Dang we do have a lot of ships in common.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
LMAO exactly. LP were very similar and connected in those ways. NH were opposite but the good kind of opposites that made each other better. BL were just polar opposites that really didnt ever click and it was only really about the sexual aspect... I do think Brooke loved Lucas but I never got the impression Lucas loved her.
Think BL did love each other, but it definitely wasn't enough to make up for the lack of the connection.

Quote:
I didnt hate Jake/Peyton in season 1 until she started watching jenny, and then it felt just like he was kinda using her as the babysitter? IDK, I wasnt a fan of that SL at all. Their little sweet moments and flirtation was cute before that, when they ewre normal teenagers. As soon as it turned into this weird like family dynamic, nah, I was not into it at all. And in season 2 it was pushed WAY TOO HARD. Jake comes back and theres instant like nervousness and weirdness with them? WHY? IN season 1 it was extremely platonic.
Never got the impression that the writers were planning on making JP a couple in S2 when they were writing in S1 and that's why the romantic stuff didn't really make a lot of sense imo.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, completely. I think Brooke did love him in her own way, and she liked his decency. I think that's why when she was so persistent in pursuing him while ignoring his real feelings for Peyton and then she found out about the hotel moment she was devastated because she had this picture of Lucas as the perfect boy that she had to get. That picture was poked when she found out about the hotel which is dumb because she did everything in her power to prevent Lucas/Peyton before this time.

As for Lucas... I think since he was such a good guy he wanted to see the good in her heart and he did. But no matter how hard he tried, he never was in love with her in a true way, he couldn't emotionally or intellectually connect to her either. It was always Peyton effortlessly and platonically he could easily bond and connect with Haley and Karen. But Brooke, no way. They were always better off as friends and poisonous as anything more than friends.

Quote:
100%. Those are my exact thoughts. ^^^ I was hoping they would have some cool moments together but the second Peyton started watching Jenny like a babysitter and weird female figure in her life it was bizarre to me. The bonding between Jake and Peyton was always around his daughter and it was just weird... I felt like they needed to move to Kentucky or Tennessee and just get married and be one of those weird teen marriages that create a weird family together. LOL.

Quote:
Michelle I agree about Amy, her depression was hard to watch but it was so well done and developed.
Emily was brilliant as was the writing and evolution of the story.

Quote:
Ah you like rory/jess too??? Dang we do have a lot of ships in common.
I LOVE Rory/Jess! Hated Rory/Logan ( ) and while I didn't mind Rory/Dean as far as very first crush, Dean bothered me given how controlling and the cheating eventually too. Rory/Jess were a perfect match, I loved Jess/Luke as well. For me it was always Rory/Jess and Luke/Lorelai.

We do have a lot of ships in common.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-03-2022 at 09:15 AM
Old 04-03-2022, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No doubt about that
Old 04-03-2022, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, completely. I think Brooke did love him in her own way, and she liked his decency. I think that's why when she was so persistent in pursuing him while ignoring his real feelings for Peyton and then she found out about the hotel moment she was devastated because she had this picture of Lucas as the perfect boy that she had to get. That picture was poked when she found out about the hotel which is dumb because she did everything in her power to prevent Lucas/Peyton before this time.

As for Lucas... I think since he was such a good guy he wanted to see the good in her heart and he did. But no matter how hard he tried, he never was in love with her in a true way, he couldn't emotionally or intellectually connect to her either. It was always Peyton effortlessly and platonically he could easily bond and connect with Haley and Karen. But Brooke, no way. They were always better off as friends and poisonous as anything more than friends.
While I do think that Brooke did love Lucas, I always got the impression that she was more in love of the idea of him than Lucas himsefl.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love this scene so much

Old 04-03-2022, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do love Chris, but I have to say, whenever I rewatch he really comes off like such a creep with gross lines and stuff. Tyler makes it work, but still, yuck to some of the stuff he said and did.

I think Brooke loved lucas because he was the first person that really encouraged her to be better and saw the potential in her. But she just REALLY latched onto that and tried to make their relationship work when it just simply couldnt. I cant believe when she gave Lucas another chance in season 2 because she deserved better after what happened and frankly, it felt beneath her imo to give things with him another chance. Not when it was so obvious how insecure she was of Peyton and how much Lucas would always put Peyton above her.

Lucas I think thought he loved Brooke, but I dont thnk he really, truly did. He liked that this girl kind of had him on pedestal and viewed him in such a heroic sort of way, where as Peyton imo always kinda just saw Lucas for exactly who he was. And for a breif period he just wanted/needed more than that. He wanted someone to be sort of his "hype" girl, if that makes sense. and when he treid with peyton it ended in heartbreak. He needed a relationship he could fight for that was easy and that wasnt going to cause him pain.

I mean compare how Lucas acted after Peyton rejected him in 107 or after the break up in 115 vs when Brooke dumped him in 401 lol.

Quote:
I LOVE Rory/Jess! Hated Rory/Logan ( ) and while I didn't mind Rory/Dean as far as very first crush, Dean bothered me given how controlling and the cheating eventually too. Rory/Jess were a perfect match, I loved Jess/Luke as well. For me it was always Rory/Jess and Luke/Lorelai.
I admit, I loved R/J the first time because I loved the chemistry and the banter between them. But even upon rewatches, they were clearly the best fit for one another. Dean was sweet ish but also controlling in parts. I didnt liek how judgemental he always was of Rory and they just were totaly different people. He was a small town boy that wanted a perfect little family and simple life and she was someone that had so much in her to go and be independent or successful etc.

Jess started as a jerk but it was clear there was more to him and he and Rory just connected on so many levels. He understood everything that hse was an wanted to be. Intellectually they were a match. Especially when we saw him years later and he had grown and matured so much. Its a shame Milo had other projects cuz i think they would ahve had a storyline later on if he was able to stick around.

I thought Logan was an ass straight away but they had potential to be okay. I found them enteraining in season 5 at least, but then he just never really grew after season 6, cheated on her, and it just was a mess. I like Logan a LOT more in rewatches, he doesnt come off as skeevy to me as he did the first time. So i have a hard time understanding what the writers wanted. They were together practically the entire 2nd half of the series so its hard to think they didnt want us to like him. But I think their relationship lasted way too long. They should ahve been broken up for a while. I think they kept him around just because they loved Matt, simple as that.

I did not like logan in the revival because he back tracked so much and hadnt grown at all. He was still working with his father, which I hated. And I wish he and Rory were just best friends in the revival instead of them still hooking up etc. They looked so awful. Especially cuz wasn't he engaged or married or soemthing? Ick.

Im still mad the revival wasted their opportunity. They had Jess there and they could have put R/J back together but they effed it up, and that ending, ugh. Horrible. i HATED the very end of the revival so much . but at least L/L got their happy ending and wedding, that was one good thing to come of it.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think Brooke loved lucas because he was the first person that really encouraged her to be better and saw the potential in her. But she just REALLY latched onto that and tried to make their relationship work when it just simply couldnt. I cant believe when she gave Lucas another chance in season 2 because she deserved better after what happened and frankly, it felt beneath her imo to give things with him another chance. Not when it was so obvious how insecure she was of Peyton and how much Lucas would always put Peyton above her.
I can't really hope Brooke giving Lucas a chance against her in fairness, since we know the only reason why that happened.

Quote:
Lucas I think thought he loved Brooke, but I dont thnk he really, truly did. He liked that this girl kind of had him on pedestal and viewed him in such a heroic sort of way, where as Peyton imo always kinda just saw Lucas for exactly who he was. And for a breif period he just wanted/needed more than that. He wanted someone to be sort of his "hype" girl, if that makes sense. and when he treid with peyton it ended in heartbreak. He needed a relationship he could fight for that was easy and that wasnt going to cause him pain.
I mean compare how Lucas acted after Peyton rejected him in 107 or after the break up in 115 vs when Brooke dumped him in 401 lol.
Don't think Lucas was the type of person who liked someone having him on a pedestal and considering how much Brooke was waiting for him to **** up again in S3 so she could end things. there's no way she had him on pedestal during their second attempt of a relationship imo.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
While I do think that Brooke did love Lucas, I always got the impression that she was more in love of the idea of him than Lucas himsefl.
I think this is a great possibility, too.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-04-2022 at 10:17 AM
Old 04-04-2022, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I do love Chris, but I have to say, whenever I rewatch he really comes off like such a creep with gross lines and stuff. Tyler makes it work, but still, yuck to some of the stuff he said and did.
Agreed. He was kind of creepy and gross but the actor helped out tremendously. I feel like Monster wanted Chris to come across as even more creepy in other words but Tyler prevented it.

Quote:
I feel like Brooke knew deep down it was never going to work which is why it also surprised me she gave him another chance in S2. It was weird, almost like she went there to punish herself or maybe get back at Peyton, who knows.

Quote:

Totally agree.

Quote:
I admit, I loved R/J the first time because I loved the chemistry and the banter between them. But even upon rewatches, they were clearly the best fit for one another. Dean was sweet ish but also controlling in parts. I didnt liek how judgemental he always was of Rory and they just were totaly different people. He was a small town boy that wanted a perfect little family and simple life and she was someone that had so much in her to go and be independent or successful etc.

Jess started as a jerk but it was clear there was more to him and he and Rory just connected on so many levels. He understood everything that hse was an wanted to be. Intellectually they were a match. Especially when we saw him years later and he had grown and matured so much. Its a shame Milo had other projects cuz i think they would ahve had a storyline later on if he was able to stick around.

I thought Logan was an ass straight away but they had potential to be okay. I found them enteraining in season 5 at least, but then he just never really grew after season 6, cheated on her, and it just was a mess. I like Logan a LOT more in rewatches, he doesnt come off as skeevy to me as he did the first time. So i have a hard time understanding what the writers wanted. They were together practically the entire 2nd half of the series so its hard to think they didnt want us to like him. But I think their relationship lasted way too long. They should ahve been broken up for a while. I think they kept him around just because they loved Matt, simple as that.

I did not like logan in the revival because he back tracked so much and hadnt grown at all. He was still working with his father, which I hated. And I wish he and Rory were just best friends in the revival instead of them still hooking up etc. They looked so awful. Especially cuz wasn't he engaged or married or soemthing? Ick.

Im still mad the revival wasted their opportunity. They had Jess there and they could have put R/J back together but they effed it up, and that ending, ugh. Horrible. i HATED the very end of the revival so much . but at least L/L got their happy ending and wedding, that was one good thing to come of it.
Every... single... word... 100% agree with.

Jess could be a jerk but I loved how he challenged Rory in a way both Logan and Dean could not. As Jess grew up in the later seasons he was way more mature than both Logan and Dean, too. I never liked Logan. I hated how Rory and Lorelai were so separated and most of it was due to Logan. Yes, the revival, I was willing to give him a chance but like you said, he got even worse. It's like his life didn't evolve at all and his maturity level was worse than in college. Yikes.

I wonder why ASP didn't take it one step further with Rory and Jess and get them officially back together. You could tell it was inferred they were on their way. Rory and Logan were done, which was great to see as it was clear Jess was the right one for Rory. I want another revival because I think it would show them back together. Really want to see it.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Brooke was holding herself to this standard of beign defined by men so much and like, if she didnt have a boyfriend then what was she? And she desperately needed to be independent but didnt know it. Its too bad she never really was. Even in the adult seasons she just always wanted a husband and family...

I hope we get another GG revival because J/R deserve to be endgame damnit! But they cant guarantee that will ever happen so imo they blew their chance! But at least we had an optimistic ending with Jess looking at her through the window so I'd like to think it was at least hinting it would go that way.

I listened to 216 podcase, which btw they are doing another two part episode. The previous week they just did a short q&a... i get they have lives and stuff but dang, its going to take a millon freaking years to get through this rewatch lol.

Anyways, it was annoying to listen to, of course. Joy was theree praising Brooke and Jeyton agian

They were talking about how hot the sex scene was.... um no. It was so dull. and they are in highschool like ew???? Also Hilarie really shot down the scene, she didnt want to film it because apparently she was getting creepy letters from inmates at the time talking about chopping off her feet so she didnt want to show her feet on tv. And they did it anyways.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think Brooke was holding herself to this standard of beign defined by men so much and like, if she didnt have a boyfriend then what was she? And she desperately needed to be independent but didnt know it. Its too bad she never really was. Even in the adult seasons she just always wanted a husband and family...
That is so true. Absolutely. You are so right, even as an adult this is what she desired the most pretty much. Did you like Brooke with Julian?

Quote:
I hope we get another GG revival because J/R deserve to be endgame damnit! But they cant guarantee that will ever happen so imo they blew their chance! But at least we had an optimistic ending with Jess looking at her through the window so I'd like to think it was at least hinting it would go that way.
Rory/Logan fans despised that ending and do not want a revival so that tells you what they thought what was being inferred and most probably will happen should we get another revival.

Quote:
I listened to 216 podcase, which btw they are doing another two part episode. The previous week they just did a short q&a... i get they have lives and stuff but dang, its going to take a millon freaking years to get through this rewatch lol.

Anyways, it was annoying to listen to, of course. Joy was theree praising Brooke and Jeyton agian
Oh man, so it continues.

Quote:
They were talking about how hot the sex scene was.... um no. It was so dull. and they are in highschool like ew???? Also Hilarie really shot down the scene, she didnt want to film it because apparently she was getting creepy letters from inmates at the time talking about chopping off her feet so she didnt want to show her feet on tv. And they did it anyways.
That is unbelievable.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread